As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Drive 100 miles on the Bentley as a weekly, fucking what? Even if i build it so i can cruise at 200 mph that’s 30 minutes of grinding highway driving for 5 points

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    If they haven't fixed the AFK racing stuff, that might be the way to do it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    Drive 100 miles on the Bentley as a weekly, fucking what? Even if i build it so i can cruise at 200 mph that’s 30 minutes of grinding highway driving for 5 points

They apologized to people for the challenge with a 60 fp gift this week, but I just did it between races and such took me a couple days of casual play.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah. This week seemed aimed at a strange mix of the most hardcore (super hard challenges) and the casual (tooling around). In the end I got everything, and kind of enjoyed myself, but it definitely required a few speed laps around the country.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    The FP is nice I guess, I don’t follow the game news at all. It’s just a casual thing I jump into between other games, and getting hit with “drive 100 miles” AFTER spending 4 million credits, grinding speed zones, and doing races with a car I don’t particularly enjoy was a kick in the nuts.

• Options
    -silent--silent- Registered User regular
    The FP is nice I guess, I don’t follow the game news at all. It’s just a casual thing I jump into between other games, and getting hit with “drive 100 miles” AFTER spending 4 million credits, grinding speed zones, and doing races with a car I don’t particularly enjoy was a kick in the nuts.

And I was about 20 miles into that 100 mile drive when I accidently did a speed zone, which reset the challenge back to the speed zone portion. I don't want to do that and the races again only to still look forward to the 100 miles.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2022
    -silent- wrote: »

And I was about 20 miles into that 100 mile drive when I accidently did a speed zone, which reset the challenge back to the speed zone portion. I don't want to do that and the races again only to still look forward to the 100 miles.

Oh, wow, that's super shitty.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Dunno, but I do know that exiting and coming back resets it, and I think full on races do too. It's really shitty and I only did it because I'm still chasing that season completion accolade.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Athenor wrote: »
    Dunno, but I do know that exiting and coming back resets it, and I think full on races do too. It's really shitty and I only did it because I'm still chasing that season completion accolade.

Same, also it's the last non-daily thing I need this week. Is it safe to do entirely on the central highway, driving back and forth?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Elki wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

Same, also it's last non-daily thing I need this week. Is it safe to do entirely on the central highway, driving back and forth?

Yes. You will hit a couple speed traps, but they don't hurt anything. You can also go spiraling off in the Baja to get high score multipliers, or anything really. It is a shame you can't pin the dailies like you can with accolades.

Athenor on
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I got the 100 miles by upgrading to S1, then running 2 laps on the Goliath in Rivals (I think that's the one where you can run multiple laps on it, whichever one that was) and then I did a bunch of highway jaunts just chewing up miles at 189 mph.

• Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    You have a higher pain threshold than I do

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    You have a higher pain threshold than I do

It wasn't so bad, I'd been working on trying to get clean times on the finale rivals anyway and didn't have one for S1 yet, plus it was a long holiday weekend and I had lots of time to kill :)

• Options
    Trial this week didn't feel too terrible. It's an S1 but its with classic races so not super cars, hardest part will probably be having to buy one if you don't have one.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yay for vacations and just... insanely dedicated to things.

I used S2 cars for the most part, which I found fun given the whole "clean lap" requirement on every single fucking track.

Apologies to all for setting par times. I'm sure they aren't great and can be beaten. :D

cbc4AXsh.png

• Options
    I like online races, except that when I join, it often starts the event without me and then tells me I can join the next one. So I have to sit there and wait. So I get annoyed and find another game to play. Any tricks to joining online races fast?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I like online races, except that when I join, it often starts the event without me and then tells me I can join the next one. So I have to sit there and wait. So I get annoyed and find another game to play. Any tricks to joining online races fast?

It's a timing thing. Like where it cycles around to the next bus stop. You doing Tours?

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Good gosh, yes, this. I got a hankering to play again and loaded it up and it seems so weird to me that I have to sit a race out every single time when I don't even get to pick a track or class or anything. Good thing just driving around while you wait is still fun.

Also, something seems a bit off here:

b9aazxmqbciy.png

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    they all look fine except the average right front haha, that's uh, pretty much not gonna be true unless you're eternally trapped in some sort of physics nightmare

the maxes are high because they're probably from when you landed a sick jump

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Yeah it's the average right front that I was referring to. I'm assuming it's a bug on the stat tracking side and not the actual physics side.

• Options
    Are the Tuesday/Thursday races still a thing? How does one invite oneself to them if yes?

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Are the Tuesday/Thursday races still a thing? How does one invite oneself to them if yes?

Yep. Starts ~9pm Eastern. Just throw me (Eclibull) on your friends list and join the Club party when it's up.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »

Yep. Starts ~9pm Eastern. Just throw me (Eclibull) on your friends list and join the Club party when it's up.
    I will attempt to do these things if I'm available tonight, altho I'm only confident in my ability to accomplish one of them.

• Options
    Excited to finish this week’s challenges and get the achievement for doing everything in a series. I hope the trial isn’t too bad.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty close finish there...

ubch5y0fcd5i.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hmmm.

The d-pad and bumpers on my controller have started skipping uncontrollably through the menus (doesn't appear to happen anywhere except in the menus) and I downloaded a new driver and the game re-optimized itself to shit graphics.

This evening is not going as I'd hoped.

• Options
    Excited to finish this week’s challenges and get the achievement for doing everything in a series. I hope the trial isn’t too bad.

I will admit I laughed when I saw win an open series. I guess you did a playground game?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I will admit I laughed when I saw win an open series. I guess you did a playground game?

That is what I did. I got lucky and got into a team event.

• Options
    Just started watching, but here's the next Series update vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnzFoiX1goQ

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Is this in text anywhere? I’d love to know but an hour is a long time haha

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    @Bloodsheed Sounds like blueprint events will be editable in the new series update and you'll be able to edit previously created events.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Is this in text anywhere? I’d love to know but an hour is a long time haha

At the time, no, but it looks like the new update dropped yesterday!

(Sorry I wasn't around for Tuesday stuff, I lost track of the date and was playing Control for the first time.)

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4416846799251-FH5-Release-Notes-February-1st-2022

• Options
    Yaaay!

BGMDptC.png

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    ot8LQjk.jpg

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    DJS decided he wants to show off again.

Forza Horizon 5 DRIVING LIKE A BOSS!! - 1600HP Formula Drift Toyota Supra [8:15]

https://youtu.be/Jb4GD62bD7U

sig.gif
  • Options
    Whee. Fun thing to learn.

Earlier this week, I posted in the Xbox thread about the headaches I had with the DLC of Control, and Game Pass / cloud gaming. I learn that cloud gaming isn't associated with PC purchases.

Whelp.. turns out this extends to Microsoft games too!

I am running off of Cloud Gaming for Forza right now because of the above Control stuff. I chose one of the Forza edition cars I got from the premium pack... and it says I no longer have access to it, and asks if I want to delete it! That's.. wild to me. I wonder if this is intentional...

• Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Wasn't planning on drawing a mouth on my mouthful Mazda 323, but it comes with one built-in.
    c95laad83ukh.jpg

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    hrm can't delete?

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    428 162 643

This is a creator code for doing the treasure challenge this week, trust me you need this.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Trial this week wasn't too bad, its on dirt and not wet season so the drivatars don't have magical skating powers. But the second race is Montana trail so plan accordingly.

pleasepaypreacher.net