As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    People are reporting the same issues with FM6. If true it means the Turn10 servers are either being DDOSed or something went kablooie. Or they're trying to push a patch. Either way, this is a Server-Side problem.

EDIT: They are aware and working on it, FYI.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017

I was able to start up FM6 and FH3 without issues. :(

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    It's actually just Bathurst that's failing to load the ground for me. It's odd.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Nevermind, it does it everywhere. Just got it on Rio.

Here's the image. This is just after me restarting the race.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Haha I'm sad you guys are running into these issues but it also makes me feel a lot better about being gone and then busy for 3 weeks after launch. What was previously a bummer delay might be enough time for T10 to get the major kinks worked out :p

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    Not sure where to find the PA club for FM7, if it's up, or even how to see if I'm invited on the Xbox app on PC.

If invites are working tonight (very spotty), I'll send one. Should show up as a notification.

Can I get an invite as well?

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Also what's with all the "coming soon" entries on the main menu? Auction House, etc.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Over night it downloaded and installed so I'm back up and running. :D

• Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Heads up that there are two "Locked" (not available to purchase) cars up for grabs in Rivals - Featured Events - Launch Bounty Hunter:
    Set a time for a 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS.
    Beat Josef Newgarden's (IndyCar champ) time (currently 1:47.530) for a 1977 Holden Torana Forza Edition.
    Rewards will be determined/sent after the event is done, I would imagine. I don't know when that will be.
    Triple B wrote: »
    Also what's with all the "coming soon" entries on the main menu? Auction House, etc.

They're rolling out the features over the next few weeks(? on actual time frame). Auction House I would imagine is waiting on them making sure the economy is working and squashing any exploits. Leagues rolled out slowly after launch for FM6. Forzathon should be starting in the new couple of weeks, Horizon 3 had a delay on them getting going too.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Question for you all: how does the homogenization work in this game?

For example: I entered race where I didn't have a car I needed for it; the options listed had the rating of the car in class "D" with (I assume) upgrades in it. What's interesting is, the stock car is an E class, and I could if I were inclined, take it to A with crazy bonkers engine swaps and stuff. But then it wouldn't have been eligible for the series I was participating in. Are the limits of the series listed somewhere? How can I know ahead of time what it'll be so I can just buy the car I need, tune it, and then run it (instead of buying a homogenized car and then un-tuning and re-tuning it)?

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I believe each car has a single homologation that it fits into, called the cars division. When you are upgrading it will list the homologation requirements of the division next to what your upgrade does. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a place online that lists each division and their requirements.

Edit: I recommend saving a tune of your car at the homologation and a version at whatever class you want to run it in. I expect to have a lot of saved tunes per car

Also, Bathurst in a 787b is shit your pants insane. Surprisingly easy to control, but stupid fast.

Oh, and Formula E cars are pretty fun, too.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    Also, Bathurst in a 787b is shit your pants insane. Surprisingly easy to control, but stupid fast.

I had a similar experience with an F1 car on Road America. In fact, I'm certain I could defeat anyone on the planet at F1 racing; the track would be so slick from the streak of diarrhea I was leaving behind that nobody'd be able to keep up with me without spinning out.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    it's also worth pointing out that the game lets you know pretty visibly if a part you're about to purchase will break your homologation rules

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the demo is keeping up with patches to the full game? I tried it out a little while back and it was pretty stuttery on my system (6600K, 280X, 16GB 2133, 280X, M2 SSD) to the point of not being playable.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I'm playing on a 3770k, 16gb 1866, 1070SC and 840 EVO and the only time I get minor stutters are when the camera angle shifts as in a cutscene, i.e. the intro to a race. I didn't try the demo at all, but it's not much of a reach to think the final product performs a little bit better.

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Is it just me or did they make the R class cars MUCH easier to drive? I feel like it is on easy mode because I'm not killing myself with even the slightest over application of throttle.

Edit: And I just bought a Nvida 1060 6GB so I might see how this goes on the PC.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Is it just me or did they make the R class cars MUCH easier to drive? I feel like it is on easy mode because I'm not killing myself with even the slightest over application of throttle.

Edit: And I just bought a Nvida 1060 6GB so I might see how this goes on the PC.

Not sure if it's the case in this game, but proper racing tires make all the difference, like all of it.

So Microsoft is making it infuriatingly hard to buy this game as a gift. Trying to get it as my dad's birthday present, but I can't find a way to do it for the life of me!

• Options
    I never drove S or R class cars in previous Motorsports games without having race tires.

Also I must say I love driving on Bathurst but I hate racing on it with AI.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »

Not sure if it's the case in this game, but proper racing tires make all the difference, like all of it.

So Microsoft is making it infuriatingly hard to buy this game as a gift. Trying to get it as my dad's birthday present, but I can't find a way to do it for the life of me!

https://www.amazon.com/Forza-Motorsport-Standard-Windows-Digital/dp/B072JZZR8V/ref=sr_1_2_twi_sof_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1507497489&sr=1-2&keywords=forza+motorsport+7&th=1

• Options
    edited October 2017

https://www.amazon.com/Forza-Motorsport-Standard-Windows-Digital/dp/B072JZZR8V/ref=sr_1_2_twi_sof_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1507497489&sr=1-2&keywords=forza+motorsport+7&th=1

Also couldn't you just like, assuming he has his own Microsoft account? Just go on there and buy him a copy of the game on the Windows store or something?

Triple B on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I admit a level of dismay at homologation in single player

I thought the traditional schtick of driving games was to start with a car and gradually improve it in the campaign before eventually moving up

Modding seems pointless now outside of multi player?

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    New Geforce drivers out, dunno if it will help those having issues on PC.
    Our new GeForce Game Ready 387.92 WHQL drivers provides the optimal gaming experience for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, The Evil Within 2, and Forza Motorsport 7.

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

• Options
    desc wrote: »

I thought the traditional schtick of driving games was to start with a car and gradually improve it in the campaign before eventually moving up

Not Forza Motorsports. Forza Motorsports is about racing a variety of different cars, usually ones you would not expect to drive, and improving your actual ability to race in a simulation.

It's very much not about improving a character or a car's stats like need for speed or something like that.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Not Forza Motorsports. Forza Motorsports is about racing a variety of different cars, usually ones you would not expect to drive, and improving your actual ability to race in a simulation.

It's very much not about improving a character or a car's stats like need for speed or something like that.

Sir I have watched several Fast & Furious movies and I think I know my legal rights

• Options
    I never drove S or R class cars in previous Motorsports games without having race tires.

Also I must say I love driving on Bathurst but I hate racing on it with AI.

I like Bathurst, except for when everything stops loading and I have to just *guess* where the track is.

Also, the AI has no idea how to go down the winding downhill section quickly. There are so many times where I just slam into them because they drive like paraplegic old people, even on Pro/Unbeatable.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    haha i still hate silverstone ahahahahahaha oh god kill me please

• Options

ish

I usually reset all upgrades on the homologated cars and put my own on within their rules. It certainly is a lot more limiting, but I still feel like I do a better job than the auto homologate.

• Options

ish

I usually reset all upgrades on the homologated cars and put my own on within their rules. It certainly is a lot more limiting, but I still feel like I do a better job than the auto homologate.

This. Homologated cars seem to favor horsepower above all else. I have yet to see an auto homologated car that has even one of the adjustable aero, brakes, springs, sway-bar, or transmission options, but when I go to add them in you can usually fit 2 or 3 of those options without even changing the PI. Adjusting which parts get into the tune, and then actually tuning the car can provide a relatively huge upgrade to the car's performance

I have a theory that the AI doing auto upgrades studied scatman's tunes and figured that was good enough. It adds the tire type and max width it can first, then proceeds to add the first option of each upgrade starting with the engine. If there is space for more hp it will then change the engine upgrades to the second/third/etc option until HP is maxed, and if there is still room for more upgrades because it's under PI it just ignores adding further handling upgrades.

• Options
    edited October 2017

ish

This. Homologated cars seem to favor horsepower above all else. I have yet to see an auto homologated car that has even one of the adjustable aero, brakes, springs, sway-bar, or transmission options, but when I go to add them in you can usually fit 2 or 3 of those options without even changing the PI. Adjusting which parts get into the tune, and then actually tuning the car can provide a relatively huge upgrade to the car's performance

I have a theory that the AI doing auto upgrades studied scatman's tunes and figured that was good enough. It adds the tire type and max width it can first, then proceeds to add the first option of each upgrade starting with the engine. If there is space for more hp it will then change the engine upgrades to the second/third/etc option until HP is maxed, and if there is still room for more upgrades because it's under PI it just ignores adding further handling upgrades.

Shit, I've been found out!

e: the homologation class that has the GT4 Cayman is actually my favorite car in that class to drive, even over stuff like Hellcats and GT500s

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options

ish

That would explain why my heavily overrated hoonigan mazda was handling like an absolute dog.

In other news I bought the full game. No idea what the devs have done with the supposed "dynamic" graphics settings, but they just made my game look awful and run like shit. Went in and manually changed things and it's like playing an entirely different game.

Also tried my first online race, which was even more of a slam/shitfest than I thought possible. I got knocked off the track on each one of the first three corners. Once I overtook the various people crashing who were the likely culprits I had quite a nice bit of racing with some guys who were also on mic. So I'm hopeful that there's some fun to be gleaned from online.

I realise that giving penalties for overly rough driving might be tricky in terms of determining exactly who is at fault. So I wonder if perhaps they could change it so that your car simply ghosts through another if you hit it with enough force. Would stop the people who charge into your inside on a corner in order to make the turn, but not punish a nice bit of rubbin' n' racin'.

• Options
    who the fuck thought F1 cars in the 90s needed to be this fast

this is fucking absurd

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    this is absurd how did more people not die

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options

ish

That would explain why my heavily overrated hoonigan mazda was handling like an absolute dog.

In other news I bought the full game. No idea what the devs have done with the supposed "dynamic" graphics settings, but they just made my game look awful and run like shit. Went in and manually changed things and it's like playing an entirely different game.

Also tried my first online race, which was even more of a slam/shitfest than I thought possible. I got knocked off the track on each one of the first three corners. Once I overtook the various people crashing who were the likely culprits I had quite a nice bit of racing with some guys who were also on mic. So I'm hopeful that there's some fun to be gleaned from online.

I realise that giving penalties for overly rough driving might be tricky in terms of determining exactly who is at fault. So I wonder if perhaps they could change it so that your car simply ghosts through another if you hit it with enough force. Would stop the people who charge into your inside on a corner in order to make the turn, but not punish a nice bit of rubbin' n' racin'.

When racing online I recommend you only care about passing the guy in front of you. Never ever care about winning. Also learn to recognize the crashers and either avoid them as best as you can or take pre-emptive action against them yourself.

There is great racing to be found in random lobbies, it's just sadly surrounded by a lot of bullshit.

• Options
    There are some other groups out there who do private lobbies with clean racing. The forza subreddit has a group that plays nearly every night. I think Knight might know of or have raced with others at some point.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    FYI, Josef Newgarden updated his time. He currently has the 128th fastest time in the world at 1:43.807

Edit: Also, in case anyone is wondering, the pole time for Indy at Road America this year was 1:41.3007 by Castronevas. Newgarden qualified third with a time of 1:41.6608. Fastest time in the world in Forza is a 1:41.735

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Does that mean we have to now go back and run that time for the FE car? Because fuck that, I spent an hour and got a barely invalidated 1:45.9xx.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Man, the single player campaign can be a right bitch sometimes. I'm in the 3rd series (evolution?) attempting to the "drag racer legend" series or whatever that isn't about drag racing at all. I try to be a "good" racer and not slam opponents but the CPU loves to throw around these land boats to the point where I get bogged in the pack and can't break out. Honestly, the only way I see to win some of the races is to slam them in turns.

Playing with every assist off except ABS. This is the first race series where I am straight up calling bullshit at the game.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    The AI being bad has been a consistent complaint I haven't seen denied (unlike a lot of the other issues). The last motorsport I played was FM4, but I thought the drivatar system in FM5 & FM6 largely took care of bad AI, specifically ramming, brake checking in turns, and bullshitty magical-straightaway-speed? Was that not the case, or did FM7 somehow lose the AI improvements of 5 & 6?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    It feels about the same to me. I even have them set to still be aggressive or whatever and they still give me way too much space so they can never pass me.

aeNqQM9.jpg