As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Finished the Formula 90's series in the Forza Drivers Cup. Incredibly easy to drive fast, incredibly difficult to race against. Miss your braking mark by a meter when driving alone and it's no big deal, just .005 seconds slower. Miss the braking mark by a meter when trailing someone by a 150 feet and your slamming face first up someone's ass.

I kinda wanna do Formula 90's SBC. They are just so much fun to drive.

Veevee on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Veevee wrote: »
    Finished the Formula 90's series in the Forza Drivers Cup. Incredibly easy to drive fast, incredibly difficult to race against. Miss your braking mark by a meter when driving alone and it's no big deal, just .005 seconds slower. Miss the braking mark by a meter when trailing someone by a 150 feet and your slamming face first up someone's ass.

I kinda wanna do Formula 90's SBC. They are just so much fun to drive.

I think the whole "slamming into each other's asses" analogy is a bit above the ESRB rating of Forza.

It's also why it may not make the best SBC series :rotate:

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    slamming face first up someone's ass.

Go on...

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I did not find another division to run, so Thursday's Division will be:
    Exotic GT
    Follow the Division Homologation restrictions.
    Homologation rules:
    Tire Compound - Sport
    Tire Width - 355
    Power - 750 hp
    Class - S800
    The following are the cars in this division, asterisks are the cars not normally available in the store:
    2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT12
    2010 Aston Martin One-77 *
    2016 Audi R8 V10 plus
    2013 Audi R8 Coupe V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro *
    2015 Ferrari F12tdf
    2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta *
    2011 Ferrari FF
    2010 Ferrari 599 GTO *
    2017 Ford GT Forza Edition *
    2017 Ford GT
    2016 Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4
    2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV *
    2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 *
    2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV
    2008 Lamborghini Reventon *
    2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
    2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS [997]

By the way, I missed this a couple days ago, Forzathon is active in FM7. The first one, which is running 13 days (so 11 more days) is:
    FM7 #Forzathon is Live!
    As of today, #Forzathon events in Forza Motorsport 7 are officially live! To kick off the launch, we’ve got three events in the game. #Forzathon events in FM7 are slightly different from those in Forza Horizon 3; this time around, you’ll need to complete events in sequence in order to get claim your rewards. Here’s a detailed look at the three events live now in the game:

This is Forza Motorsport
    · Complete 5 laps at Maple Valley in a Classic Street Muscle division car
    · Complete 5 laps in Dubai with a Track Toys division car
    · Complete 5 laps at Mugello in a Forza Touring Cars division car
    · Complete 5 laps at Prague in a GT Racing Reborn division car

Reward 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Forza Edition

Going the Distance
    · Complete a Race at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
    · Complete 3 Autocross events
    · Complete a Race at the Nürburgring in a Porsche

Reward: Astronaut Modern Driver Gear

Clean Sweep
    · Beat a Rival
    · Complete 5 laps in a Modern Hot Hatch division car
    · Win a race in an Exotic GT division car

Reward: 1995 Nissan NISMO GT-RLM

Also in that link, a new Bounty Challenge for this month in rivals: Beat Dan Greenawalt in a 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R on Laguna Seca. 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe for setting a time, TBA car for beating the time.

And Tuesday's Specialty Dealer cars will be the Subaru Legacy B5 2.0 GT, the TVR Sagaris, and the Ferrari 458 Italia.

Also and, FM7 and FH3 will both be on sale for Black Friday: Forza Motorsport 7 for $39.99 and Forza Horizon 3 for $29.99 on the US Xbox Store.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    guh thats a lot of stuff to do. dunno when i'm going to be able to find the time with unplugged this weekend, heh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    How to kill all enthusiasm for playing Forza:
    Try playing against Unbeatable AI.
    Race on Daytona ever.
    Introduce a new audio bug that makes the "series points trickle" SFX play LITERALLY FOREVER and only stop by quitting the game. Unfortunately, it happens 100% of the time after finishing a single player race. THAT IS NOT GOING TO WORK.

I'll be doing something else today now~

Did they ever fix that bug, because holy shit it was infuriating and I haven't played in a week or two

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    For Forzathon can you just set up a race in freeplay to complete the requirements?

Edit: "this time around, you’ll need to complete events in sequence in order to get claim your rewards. "
    Oh, that sucks. That means we can't really do some of these in multiplayer unless we dedicated a number of races to it.

Edit 2: hehe "complete 3 autocross events" Does it count as completing if I just cross the finish line? IE I just drive straight over those damn barrels?

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    Race on Daytona ever.
    Introduce a new audio bug that makes the "series points trickle" SFX play LITERALLY FOREVER and only stop by quitting the game. Unfortunately, it happens 100% of the time after finishing a single player race. THAT IS NOT GOING TO WORK.

Did they ever fix that bug, because holy shit it was infuriating and I haven't played in a week or two

Not yet, that I'm aware of. I learned the trick is to not hammer A after a race. Wait until you get your season points and you're good to go. At least it's not the worst workaround.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    mRahmani wrote: »
    Race on Daytona ever.

Not yet, that I'm aware of. I learned the trick is to not hammer A after a race. Wait until you get your season points and you're good to go. At least it's not the worst workaround.

For what it's worth, I play only on PC and have never come across this bug.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I play on Xbox and have never encountered that bug. Arctic and mRahmani are just special.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Is Forzathon behaving strangely for anyone? I finished the 'Clean Sweep' set, the achievement popped, but I didn't get the car until I went back to career and did another race.

• Options
    Is Forzathon behaving strangely for anyone? I finished the 'Clean Sweep' set, the achievement popped, but I didn't get the car until I went back to career and did another race.

My achievement popped and then I got the car the next time I checked the Forzathon screen (this was from the multiplayer lobby).

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    MY XBOX APP WORKS NOW AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Since there seems to be no real benefit of being above the car tier I'm currently at I'm starting to cull all these damn cars. It makes me feel clean inside.

It sucks you can't auction cars you got at a discount on the rewards screen. Also I can't buy an El Camino at auction :(
    Stupid auction house.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    The Rivals event with the GT350R is so much fun. Great track, great car. How the guy in first ran a 1:33.439 is mind-boggling.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I'm also super torn on whether Gulf liveries or Castrol liveries are better. Having grown up along Castrol Supras, Celicas, and now seeing the Castrol XJR-14 XJR-9 in FM7... I'm thinking red white and green suits me.

edit: woops wrong Jag

that being said I really wish they'd put in the Silk Cut XJR-14... gorgeous car

2353ahhru5hw.png

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Some stuff from the Forza Week In Review:

On this month's Bounty :
    November Bounty Hunter Update
    The November Bounty Hunter is going strong in Forza Motorsport 7. As we announced last week, this week’s target is Turn 10’s own Dan Greenawalt (GT: Nebuchadnezzar). Dan’s driving in his own car (the terrifyingly powerful 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R) on one of his favorite tracks, Laguna Seca. As of this writing, Dan’s time is a 1:39.186. This Bounty Hunter closes on November 26 at midnight Pacific, which means there’s plenty of time for you to set your best time. Keep in mind that everyone who sets a lap (fast or slow, clean or dirty!) will be receiving the 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe after the event is closed.

Earlier in the week we dropped our first Bounty Hunter Reward Car poll, allowing players to vote for the exclusive reward car for this event. After thousands of votes, the results are in: Players who beat Dan’s final posted time will win the 2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport. It was a close race in the end, with the Ferrari Scaglietti and the Lykan running neck and neck the entire time. So close, in fact, that we’ve decided to also offer the Scaglietti to folks as a secondary reward. All players who score a clean lap under 1:40.000 will also be sent the Scaglietti once the event has closed. That’s a chance to win THREE amazing exclusive cars in one event!

One final note about the Bounty Hunter: Dan’s final lap time will be set no later than 5 p.m. Pacific on Friday, November 24.

Next week's Specialty Dealer cars (pics at link):
    Nissans Skyline H/T 2000 GT-R
    Silvia K’s
    Lancia Stratos HF Stradale

For our Weekly Division stuff, I figure turnout might be questionable for Thursday (US Thanksgiving) so why don't we just call it an open week and people can use that building/tuning time to fill out some classes, as I know we all complain that we're light in at least one or two.

• Options
    I did not expect to fully destroy Dan's time that badly. <_<

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

Silvia K’s

welp, I guess I have to play the game to get the moolah to buy all that shit.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Silvia K’s

welp, I guess I have to play the game to get the moolah to buy all that shit.

KPGC110 GT-R YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Did Dan Greenawalt make that time by driving his car on the actual track or doing that in game?

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Finally got the game! I'm glad I waited for the patches to fix the in-race issues and the menu stuttering as when the game is working, it's been working well. Pretty buggy though - first intro race it loaded had no audio at all except some corny menu music, had to quit and restart. When I tried to load my first cup race it crashed to desktop then hung at the title when I tried to load. Relaunched to have it hang at the loading screen before the title every time until I rebooted my PC. It's CTD during race loading or menus two other times, and the hang on loading thing has come back as well. But at least once it goes, it looks good.

Seems to me that the internet complaining about credits was totally unjustified - I finished the first cup series and with those races and the hub login bonus thing I had 600k and a handful of free cars.

The garage UI though - was their design goal to put as few cars on the screen as possible? It's ridiculous, you're encouraging collecting and people will inevitably own hundreds, but hey we'll let you see 5 at a time. It's rim selection all over again, what does this studio have against grids?!

• Options
    edited November 2017
    ugh, fucking forzathon keeps not registering i did a thing. i had to do 6 races in a porsche to get 3 races to work, and then i even got the achivement for finishing this is speed and didn't get the car or the final part. getting real fucking tired forza.

edit: fffff and i was just doing the bounty, and missed the time by .03 seconds. 1:37.377 when the bounty time is 1:37.343. whyyy.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Put some stripes on your car.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Okay, so is it just me or does anyone else feel like the AI races Seabring incredibly well compared to every other track in the game? Like, I enjoy Seabring and know the corners well, but I always seem to have to race my absolute hardest to get ahead when any other track I can go on autopilot and win by a mile. I'd literally never be able to win it if I wasn't on long races either since it tends to come down to the last lap. Only racing against Pro drivatars too (the 60% ones), so it shouldn't be that crazy. And yet, consistently, it's an actual challenge ...

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Okay, so is it just me or does anyone else feel like the AI races Seabring incredibly well compared to every other track in the game? Like, I enjoy Seabring and know the corners well, but I always seem to have to race my absolute hardest to get ahead when any other track I can go on autopilot and win by a mile. I'd literally never be able to win it if I wasn't on long races either since it tends to come down to the last lap. Only racing against Pro drivatars too (the 60% ones), so it shouldn't be that crazy. And yet, consistently, it's an actual challenge ...

I can't say I've done a TON of races on Seabring, but the ones I have done I haven't done well against the AI. I always thought that I just picked cars that were too under powered for Seabring/Road America.

In Cow world, I tried my damndest to make a C class Subaru Brat. It. Just. Won't. Work. I swear the game doesn't want that car to work. I mean I don't expect it to be the best thing in it's homologation class; I just want it to not get on 2 wheels when going around corners that are a little bumpy. I tried all reasonable adjustments but couldn't get it to work. So when I put the springs up to max and the roll bars up to max it in a setup it should not be able to have body roll. It might handle wonky in other ways, but at least it shouldn't tip over like a semi in a hurricane.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    There was a patch yesterday, not a lot of note, mostly fixes, but a couple stood out for people around here(bolding mine):
    • Fixed an issue where user profiles were impacting audio quality for some players.
    • Fixed an issue where players could not sell certain cars on the Auction House.
    • Fixed an issue where the level up counter audio persists after a player has leveled up.
    • Fixed an issue where spinning a vinyl with the d-pad while in the Livery Editor moved the item .2, not .1 as intended.

• Fixed an issue where a player’s livery would disappear in certain modes.

I didn't get a chance over the weekend and I won't get a chance today to figure a division for this week, so we'll count it as another free week, Weekly Div will return next week.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Fixed an issue where a player’s livery would disappear in certain modes.

This one was pretty annoying for me. Hopefully it is really fixed.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    There was a patch yesterday, not a lot of note, mostly fixes, but a couple stood out for people around here(bolding mine):
    • Fixed an issue where user profiles were impacting audio quality for some players.
    • Fixed an issue where players could not sell certain cars on the Auction House.
    • Fixed an issue where the level up counter audio persists after a player has leveled up.
    • Fixed an issue where spinning a vinyl with the d-pad while in the Livery Editor moved the item .2, not .1 as intended.

• Fixed an issue where a player’s livery would disappear in certain modes.

I didn't get a chance over the weekend and I won't get a chance today to figure a division for this week, so we'll count it as another free week, Weekly Div will return next week.

Holy shit, that livery editor decimal thing wasn't intentional on their part? That's been in since forever. Thank god they changed it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Also, I am not sure if this occurred within the last seven days or not - I have not been playing the game as actively lately - the price and content of mod packages has been modified for the better. Just a heads up!

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    I think they added more mods to the selection pool, too.

• Options
    I just buy the top mod pack thats like 30k and make 400k off each card it drops.

Valuetown.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I just buy the top mod pack thats like 30k and make 400k off each card it drops.

Valuetown.

I also have a habit of picking up the 25k driversuit one each time too because why not?

• Options

Valuetown.

I'm guessing this is while doing single player races on the max number of laps setting.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I know eclibull hasn't posted it earlier but people want to do some can-am(Prototype Group Racing) cars tonight?

1966 Chaparral #66 Chaparral Cars 2E
    1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P
    1967 Ferrari #24 Ferrari Spa 330 P4
    1966 Ford #2 GT40 MkII (Le Mans)
    1969 Lola #6 Penske Sunoco T70 MkIIIB
    1969 Lola #10 Simoniz Special T163
    1969 McLaren #4 McLaren Cars M8B
    1969 Nissan #21 Nissan Racing R382

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Valuetown.

I'm guessing this is while doing single player races on the max number of laps setting.

ya, but it's still worth even at the lower settings. i do a lot on the middle laps setting where each race is about 15m. with 3 mods you can usually get the mod bonus to +200% without even having to change anything in your racing behavior, and that ends up with ~100k extra per race. Even assuming you only get 3 good cards, thats 10:1 roi.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Womp. I really wanted to make it last night, but I went out after work and didn't get home until way too late to join. Apparently Thursday has just not been a good night for me recently. :(

• Options
    Who are you again?