As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MtG] Oaths are in, Twin is out

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Thalia and Gaddock were enough to keep me watching a Legacy event, so they're pretty awesome, imho

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Specifically what destroyed storm in the finals was Chalice of the void on 0 and sometimes 1. Thalia was helpful and Teeg got him to scoop the Chalice was the real thing.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Went 2-1 in paper draft tonight. Actually had a pretty good deck. Lost Round 2 due to getting stuck on 1 land game one and Flooding game 2.

Drafted RB - not devoid though. Instead I was RB MONO-REMOVAL.

I had 4 Touch, 2 Disregard, Rolling Thunder and Grip of Desolation.

Game plan was stick a threat (Akoum Firebird, Valakut Predator) and KILL EVERYTHING that got in its way. Maybe burn them out at the end.

Edit: forgot to mention, I also had Ruinous Path

APODionysus on
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Well, on EDH, I went full Armageddon/Catastrophe/Winter Orb since I got tired of losing to Maelstrom Wanderer and Prossh.

Currently on GAAIV, but Blue bores me. Want to do something crazy, like Kaalia dump big beaters while killing your lands. It seems to work.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I actually won tonight with the hellkite tyrant control 20 artifacts wincon.

edh is a wonderful disaster

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

edh is a disaster

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Man, I would kill to be able to draft this !

https://youtu.be/KbAufB9sMGM

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Anybody ever play and/or remember the Star Wars CCG by Decipher? Fun game, even if they made it insanely complicated once the EU and Episode 1 expansion came out.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Anybody ever play and/or remember the Star Wars CCG by Decipher? Fun game, even if they made it insanely complicated once the EU and Episode 1 expansion came out.

I have a large cardboard box filled with card boxes filled with cards from that game, and I honestly can't decide if I want to keep them or get rid of them because that game was my jam in the 90s.
    I actually won tonight with the hellkite tyrant control 20 artifacts wincon.

edh is a wonderful disaster

That is one of the things I want to do in EDH so badly.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I prefer to use Hellkite Tyrant as anti-Daretti deck tech.

If they're going hard enough then it can sometimes be a wincon, but most of the time it's just hilarious to steal most of their board. Doubly so if it's out of nowhere with a Zirilian of the Claw or something.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I bought a bunch of the Star Wars CCG cards but never really got to play. Did get to play the Young Jedi card game though.

Also the Star Trek card game, the Sim City card game...

• Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    I downloaded that Magic: Duels game on a whim. My, things have changed significantly since I last played!

The last set I actually played was Scourge.

I like the transforming Planeswalkers. They're neat.

• Options
    I think my favorite things from last nights draft were:

1) getting to open my first Mythic. Amd play with it, 'cause it was a bomb: Akoum Firebird. Bird did WORK.

2) getting to go off with Akoum Stonewaker when my Opponen had a slow draw and stumbled on mana. That card can be INTENSELY punishing.

3) grabbing a Foil Forest of the exact art a guy at the store was collecting and trading it for a few lands for Lantern Control.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Akoum Stonewaker is the real deal in limited. If only he worked better in constructed

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Yeah, the activation cost is a real killer. I would have loved to use Stonewaker in my Omnath EDH deck (landfall and elemental tokens? They're like best friends!) but it's just not worth paying the mana.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'm actually just surprised that they made a better Satyr Nyx-Smith!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I just spent $50 on commander stuff

• Options
    Akoum Stonewaker is the real deal in limited. If only he worked better in constructed

This is one of the reasons I love Limited so much. Akoum Stonewaker is a great, well designed card. The fact that it's a 2-drop and its activation is 3 is really elegant design. It's really fun to play with and make decisions on.

You can't (really) play it in Constructed.

There are so many cards in a set that are fun and do cool things, missing out on getting to play with them by not playing Limited is, to me, a huge loss.

Plus this format, despite the whole "green is godawful" thing, is a really great one. It's deep, fun and does crazy stuff. Greens terribleness probably holds it back from being an all-timer like triple-KTK or INN, but it's really good.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    God I miss triple-KTK. That format was amazing.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    God I miss triple-KTK. That format was amazing.

correct

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Plus this format, despite the whole "green is godawful" thing, is a really great one. It's deep, fun and does crazy stuff. Greens terribleness probably holds it back from being an all-timer like triple-KTK or INN, but it's really good.

I strongly disagree! Converge, Rally, and Devoid are all horrible, I personally think Landfall is even worse, the fixing is bad, but they seem to want you to build three colors if you have certain cards. The only good thing going on is Ingest/Processing.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Devoid seems super weird to me now that they're doing colorless specific mana in the next set

Rally was sort of required

Coverge is good but mostly badly executed. We could see some really cool converge cards in the next set if it sticks around!

Landfall is dope and I will not hear otherwise

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    landfall is pretty boring

• Options
    landfall is pretty boring

So! Playing lands is boring!

Take that, scapeshift!

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    playing lands IS boring

trading out 7-8 lands in your deck for a different 7-8 lands that blow your opponent up with one card ain't boring

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Is kind of boring.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I will give the set's use of landfall one thing: the idea of instant land fetch spells as impromptu combat tricks is very clever. I think the reason green sucks is because if it didn't it would have been silly good.

• Options
    it might just be me but having a fetchland on the field and then playing another fetch and turning them sideways so that I can grab a two tangos and using those to atarka's command and beat face with a one or two drop is still just so satisfying

but i might be weird

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    also, oblivion sower still is my favorite eldarzi by FAR

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Like, I think I love landfall in theory, and then when it's put in front of me and it's not Avenger of Zendikar it's just disappointing. Avenger is the only landfall card I actually like.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    perhaps one could say that bfz............................................is boring

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    For Zendikar!!

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    are you ready for

for the gatewatch

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    @Kilroy Bro what are you building? All y'all not asking about his Commander deck and making fun of Landfall smh

Does nobody like Commander? (lol no they don't)

• Options
    i like maelstrom wanderer

• Options
    i like commander

i don't like playing commander with randos where decks are of varying power levels

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I can't play any eternal constructed because the good majority of my staples are in edh decks

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I bought the g/b precon and a handful of cards recommended as upgrades by the scg article that went up today

• Options
    like when i slap my goofy 30 Shadowborne Apostle deck on the table, and I play against Daretti Singleton Legacy, that ain't fun for no one

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    except shitbirds who like trampling weaker decks

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.