As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Iron Banner: Game of the Year Edition

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    If I'm 297 and really don't feel like repeating normal raid over and over, would I be able to get into a HM? or is it pretty rough even at 300?

you can probably at least get through a good part of the raid with a good group and that should help you gear up enough to finish it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    So I need a new headset for my Xbox One after my new puppy found the old one. Any recommendations? Or should I just get another one of the default "comes with the system" ones?

Dont get a default one please, I can still barely hear @Erevar at times when he uses that thing.

I got a pair of Astro A40's, which is basically a neccessity for me, due to bad hearing... I dont think I've heard the ambient music in any of the raids, ever - full party chat on, always.

Oddly enough, it's only with Sunday Best he sounds so quiet. I don't have a problem during Motorboat Kitten. I use the 'came with the console' headset. I don't think anyone has a problem hearing me so I don't think that's it. I also have the headset Erevar linked to but I don't use it much.

He is probably using his bedroom voice since its early in the morning for you guys, for me its 4PM.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I just saw the challenge mode stuff, I might do the normal raid again just to do that. Thanks for the info.

I want to get my light up since it seems I'm significantly behind again, but it also starts belaboring the point of "why" if the only content I need 310+ for is the hard mode itself.

steam_sig.png
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Dajoran wrote: »
    Challenge mode appears to be active as of the reset.

It's a challenge on the Warpriest - streamers I'm watching didn't seem to notice a difference in the fight whatsoever, they just two cycled the Warpriest as normal... 320 artifact and 320 heavy looked like the rewards on offer.

Challenge looks like it might be kill the Warpriest in two cycles... or no deaths... conflicting reports. Kind of a failure on Bungie's part if people are just powering through the challenge without any indication that there was one...

I think it's been worked out now that the challenge is to not use the same aura holder twice - so if the glyph sequence lands on the same platform twice it needs to be a different person stands on the activating platform...

Hey, I feel special. I totally called it that one of the rewards from at least one of the challenges had to be a 320 artifact. Go me!

Challenge details:
    •Warpriest Fires faster.
    •High tier ads such as wizards and adepts spawn more quickly and more often.
    •Hallowed Knights spawn quicker.
    •Challenge is to kill the warpriest with different aura holders. There are reports of people getting the challenge mode loot using more than 2 phases as long as different aura holders are used. If someone gets the aura more than once you need to restart." (by /u/redka243)

Rewards for hard mode:

•Got calcified fragment!
    •Got new emblem!
    •320 Artifact as well as a 310 artifact!
    •Guaranteed 320 weapon and 310 weapon
    •Chance for exotic!

looking at those rewards and with how they're doing loot in King's Fall i'm guessing the 310s are guaranteed in normal mode, maybe the fragment too*. should prove to be a nice boost for folks that have just started raiding(or who just don't raid often).

*i'd hope this doesn't require hard mode.

• lakhesislakhesis Registered User regular
    I was getting ready to cheese Imprecation. Told myself, "Okay, one more evening of Crucible. If it doesn't happen then fuck it, go get some folks to Rumble."

But that evening Shaxx was with me. I got my 7 headshot kills in like two minutes, swapped to Nirwen's Mercy, and proceeded to wreck shit for the rest of the match.

I'm pretty sure the only reason that happened is me spending the previous week or so getting absolutely destroyed in Crucible trying to use that fucking gun. So eventually I got put into a match with people who were as good with real guns as I was with Imprecation.

So the moral of the story:

When in doubt, fail until you're the king of failures.

Weirdly, I am now inspired. This is the path that I am on. Either I get this thing done, or the patch drops, and then I get it done much faster.

At the very least, I've learned how to keep my calm when a Crucible match isn't going well.

PSN: strangerfork
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    So I've been doing a fair bit of Crucible today for quests and other shenanigans...

Had someone message me on PSN "How many players do u have for trials on friday" "Do u want me in ur trials team"

So I figure, I'll just reply back "I only trials with clan mates, sorry"

Thinking, hey I let him down easy. It's true I only trials with clan mates, but I also definitely don't run trials with people that more or less are asking me to carry them yet don't put in the effort to not use txt spk.

So he replies "Im a good player tho"

Well this changes everything!
    No it doesn't

(and also it isn't true, I checked his lifetime K/D on Destiny Status)

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    I don't know why I was putting that off. Imprecation seven precision kills done in 3 matches.

In fact I got them done so quickly on that 3rd match I equipped my Bad Juju and nearly won the Rumble match.
    hatedeath_det.jpeg?v=1448063106

I'll try again after the rebalance when people are experimenting to find the new meta but I can't stand using hand cannons in PvE or PvP since TTK dropped.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    tbf i don't use text speak when sending messages on ps4/xbone and it takes forever because i don't have one of those fancy keyboards

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I don't know why I was putting that off. Imprecation seven precision kills done in 3 matches.

In fact I got them done so quickly on that 3rd match I equipped my Bad Juju and nearly won the Rumble match.
    hatedeath_det.jpeg?v=1448063106

I'll try again after the rebalance when people are experimenting to find the new meta but I can't stand using hand cannons in PvE or PvP since TTK dropped.

I find Rumble is the place. Look for two people going at it in a fire fight, hope they don't trade, then headshot the winner for the kill.

Alternatively, we could take a fireteam into rumble and you could farm us for kills.

• mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    So I've been doing a fair bit of Crucible today for quests and other shenanigans...

Had someone message me on PSN "How many players do u have for trials on friday" "Do u want me in ur trials team"

Thinking, hey I let him down easy. It's true I only trials with clan mates, but I also definitely don't run trials with people that more or less are asking me to carry them yet don't put in the effort to not use txt spk.

No it doesn't

Be sure not to put on the flawless emblem when in the tower! The carry requests just come rushing in.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    If you're doing the Imprecation quest..... seriously, just take a fireteam into Rumble and have your teammates run to you and let you kill them.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • weddellkwweddellkw PNWRegistered User regular
    Put up a XBone The100 group for Warpriest Challenge tonight. Set for 8:30 central but I can be flexible time wise. Would happily run it back for alt's if it goes quick enough (Oryx never gives me primaries or helmets anyway.)

XBL: The SquidProQuo
    8:30 central i could definitely do

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    RE: Warpriest challenge
    reddit wrote:
    320 weapon - not heavy. Mine was sniper in HM.

it's a 320 from the loot pool of that boss specifically, which warpriest mostly drops heavies soooo

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    tbf i don't use text speak when sending messages on ps4/xbone and it takes forever because i don't have one of those fancy keyboards

Smartglass is really good for this. much easier to type something up on your phone than using the controller.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    RE: Warpriest challenge
    reddit wrote:
    320 weapon - not heavy. Mine was sniper in HM.

it's a 320 from the loot pool of that boss specifically, which warpriest mostly drops heavies soooo

Ah crap.
    With my luck I'll just get YET ANOTHER SPECIAL WEAPON. Even getting the Trials heavy last week, I still only got a 303!

Can you guess why I'm starting to play other games yet?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Grats to both you and CptHamilton!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Warpriest challenge
    People are saying it's basically doing the fight as normal. Which is...incredibly disappointing. I was hoping something like you have to kill him in one aura or the room becomes slowly engulfed in flames or you can only damage him 25% per aura forcing you to survive the maximum length or something

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Also, I'm sure this has been done months and months ago, but @elki and I successfully 4 manned the normal mode raid with two of my good friends. 3 of us had only downed oryx on normal for the first time two weeks ago so we weren't even super overgeared or anything. It was super fun, would recommend if anyone is looking for a new challenge.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    So, this challenge does not seem to be particularly challenging. But I'll take that loot.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    If you're doing the Imprecation quest..... seriously, just take a fireteam into Rumble and have your teammates run to you and let you kill them.

Or don't, it's really not that bad. Unless you're only being matched against God Tier players, in which case congrats for being incredible at PvP. Go to Legacy Rumble and it'll happen. If you're uncomfortable with hand cannons and that's the issue, main Hawkmoon for a while until you get the touch back.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Or don't, it's really not that bad. Unless you're only being matched against God Tier players, in which case congrats for being incredible at PvP. Go to Legacy Rumble and it'll happen. If you're uncomfortable with hand cannons and that's the issue, main Hawkmoon for a while until you get the touch back.

I think it's best to not try and argue for doing it legit or against it, Jeddy. It's more an argument of sportsmanship/ideologies than "git gudder."

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'll still expect to only get shards, because that's what I usually get from any boss. Or nothing. Basically the same thing.

That said, it's nice to have an encounter that guarantees that something drops and that it's the maximum available light level.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    I didn't cheese any of the exotic quests because other than the stupid sword one I found them to be a decently fun and skill based challenge, but I really couldn't care less how other people want to play the game and get their loots. Unless they're in my fireteam and asking me to cheese the oracles/templar/crota bridge.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Smartglass is really good for this. much easier to type something up on your phone than using the controller.

Pretty sure the playstation app allows you to do this as well.

steam_sig.png
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So if a team fails a challenge, do they have to restart the entire raid? Or can they just wipe and restart the encounter?

it's not a measure of skill, but rather a measure of tolerance for tedium for most of the quests anyway

if you don't have time for that shit, or someone doesn't want to be forced to pvp because they don't enjoy pvp, i am perfectly fine with cheesing it

if i'm around and anyone wants to rumble-cheese an exotic quest, hit me up

maybe i can toss some throwing knives at you as well because fuck this bladedancer earth

Wraith260 wrote: »

Pretty sure the playstation app allows you to do this as well.

you fancy kids with your nintendo computers

it's not a measure of skill, but rather a measure of tolerance for tedium for most of the quests anyway

if you don't have time for that shit, or someone doesn't want to be forced to pvp because they don't enjoy pvp, i am perfectly fine with cheesing it

maybe i can toss some throwing knives at you as well because fuck this bladedancer earth

i think I've found out what you're doing wrong with that quest step

ObiFett wrote: »
    So if a team fails a challenge, do they have to restart the entire raid? Or can they just wipe and restart the encounter?

reddit says you can wipe and restart

i think I've found out what you're doing wrong with that quest step

i uh

shut up

>.>

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    That challenge is not whacky enough. I would have liked the warpriest challenge to be at least 25% whackier

something like asking you to burn multiple pillars simultaneously

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    edited December 2015

No it doesn't

Oh god, he keeps messaging me.

Leave me alone, I wasn't even wearing my flawless emblem. I'm just a piece of meat with a good k/d to you.

Muffinatron on
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Marikir wrote: »
    Because I'm an idiot and didn't know there was a new thread, reposting:
    Well, sleep apparently trumped all my plans last night. Oh well.

On a related note, if anyone is running through King's Fall Normal Mode at some point this week and needs a body to fill a spot on the PS4, I've told my son I'd run his character through it at some point. He's over 300 Light, has good gear, just can't do it with his current circle of friends. And he'd love to get a chance at a Heavy Weapon over 300. Or to get raid weapons, he likes them. In any case, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a full carry, just a little bit on the jumping parts as my first person jumping skills SUCK.

@Marikir I have a Thursday HM group I'm trying to start up. https://www.the100.io/game/434243

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    That challenge is not whacky enough. I would have liked the warpriest challenge to be at least 25% whackier

something like asking you to burn multiple pillars simultaneously

Hey, we did that on our blind run! Couldn't figure out what exactly we were doing, tried burning all the pillars at the same time because we thought that's what allowed him to be damaged.
    Yeah, that's not what you do.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

No it doesn't

I had 2 dudes sending me invites a few months back supposedly they saw my Eye of Osiris emblem? I was like "eh, whatever" they sent me friend requests and started spamming me invites every 10th second WHILE I WAS INSIDE TRIALS OF OSIRIS, even on an 7th win streak and in the middle of a match with @Arteen and @Local H Jay I had trouble seeing the screen for the notifications. (I think that was a Flawless run?)

Because we know that if people dont immediately accept invites and you dont feel like writing a message that says what the hell you want, just keep sending fucking repeat invites, especially if those people are busy right?

Wrong, I felt like telling these guys to jump off a fucking cliff, just blocked both of them, now they gesture at me when I'm in the same Tower instance, I wish I had the "Shrug" emote for that. (or a "Fuck off" emote)
    mosssnack wrote: »

Be sure not to put on the flawless emblem when in the tower! The carry requests just come rushing in.

But, they are so pretty... Eye of Osiris is one of my absolute favorite emblems, Hic Jacet is a little below on that list, I found it odd that they changed the name, since the old name "Scarab Heart" sounded much cooler (Just a little weird, since the emblem next to it, has a picture of a scarab.)

1zx8d41.jpg
    From day of TTK release.

Sirialis on
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Because I'm an idiot and didn't know there was a new thread, reposting:
    Well, sleep apparently trumped all my plans last night. Oh well.

On a related note, if anyone is running through King's Fall Normal Mode at some point this week and needs a body to fill a spot on the PS4, I've told my son I'd run his character through it at some point. He's over 300 Light, has good gear, just can't do it with his current circle of friends. And he'd love to get a chance at a Heavy Weapon over 300. Or to get raid weapons, he likes them. In any case, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a full carry, just a little bit on the jumping parts as my first person jumping skills SUCK.

@Marikir I have a Thursday HM group I'm trying to start up. https://www.the100.io/game/434243

..very tempting, although I don't get on until around 8:30 or 9 typically. I may put my name as reserve. Doing it on my main would be fun. Although I was asking about Normal as I didn't want to subject anyone to his character not being 310 yet. But...if it's no issue with the others, I may try it.

Thanks for the offer!

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I got a bunch of spam invites as well from 1 guy for trials. My gear is barely 300 and I can't believe he checked my profile so I'm going to believe he was just desperate.

PSN Fleety2009
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Any time I get spammed with invites, I finish up whatever I was doing, then find the offender, point at them, teabag, jump off the tower, then go to orbit during the respawn screen.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST