As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Iron Banner: Game of the Year Edition

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Anybody on xbox side for IanMcKellem's Bouncycastle this evening?
    Gamertag is Wraith134
    Or not, since I've been disconnected two games on the bounce now.
    ggs Bungie, love your netcode.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Reading Titan stuff... how does one "skate"?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I think you have to tap the jump button a bunch. But I've never been able to get it right.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I think you have to tap the jump button a bunch. But I've never been able to get it right.

Assuming it works like the warlock version, you just tap jump as you're peaking/just on the way down in your jump arc, and you should get a good burst of forward momentum.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Assuming it works like the warlock version, you just tap jump as you're peaking/just on the way down in your jump arc, and you should get a good burst of forward momentum.

yeah this is how you do it

right at the top of your jump

also make sure you are using the "more control" jump, not height or whatever else the other options are

• Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    Reading Titan stuff... how does one "skate"?

Sprint, then jump and hit the jump button repeatedly. Then as soon as you hit the ground jump again and hit jump a bunch more. Rinse and repeat.
    If you want to know if you're skating correctly then run into a wall while doing it, if you don't take damage then you didn't mash hard enough.

There's more intricacies than that, I recommend turning to youtube. There's some good videos on there of how to nail it down.

• Options
    Excellent... I've evolved to my next form.. stronger... FASTER!

Skating Mida Striker is a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Thanks everyone!)

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Striker scrub, be a refined and classy gentleman like us sun bros!
    <.<
    >.>

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Boy I hate the restorative mind fight on heroic.

I have twilight garrison you random warlocks. Let me run the orb.

Took like 8 tries.

Also I suck at striker. Luckily I have sunbreaker almost full and defender for pve.

I mean striker is full too, I'm just so bad with everything but the ultimate. I can never get shoulder charge or anything to work for me.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Last night's Irony Barriers was fun with a full PA group!

I pulled out of there with a 310 token, both of the fancy Hunter capes, and the piece de resistance, a 294 Hatchet with bonus target acquisition and the "slower firing but higher damage when zoomed" perks.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Boy I hate the restorative mind fight on heroic.

I have twilight garrison you random warlocks. Let me run the orb.

Took like 8 tries.

Also I suck at striker. Luckily I have sunbreaker almost full and defender for pve.

I mean striker is full too, I'm just so bad with everything but the ultimate. I can never get shoulder charge or anything to work for me.

I have the same thought a lot of the time on my hunter - I can cheese that whole run with bladedancer to run shit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I guess I might maybe Bananarama tonight on X1? Been busy playing Infamous Second Son since I got it for Christmas (FYI: IT'S OUTSTANDING).
    Any Xbros rolling tonight? Would definitely prefer a group up to get my newfangled headset adapter some more play time.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Last night's Irony Barriers was fun with a full PA group!

I pulled out of there with a 310 token, both of the fancy Hunter capes, and the piece de resistance, a 294 Hatchet with bonus target acquisition and the "slower firing but higher damage when zoomed" perks.

Yeesh, that hatchet might be nuts.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Igor Bomb got a lot less satisfying when I kept getting put against the same really strong players and ended up with the maximum number of tokens and no wins to clear them out.

Still enjoying it, but knowing that I'm not getting anything out of it drops the fun a bit.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    @Custom Special

I'd definitely like to try and get some IB time in this evening. My gt is Wraith134, just throw me an invite if you want.

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    <.<
    >.>

I'd actually been thinking about it... regular Crucible I've been rocking face as a Striker, but my maniac berserker routine doesn't seem to hold water in the IB environment. I have a much harder time hunting solo enemies.

Is there a go-to Sunbruh build for pvp?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    <.<
    >.>

I'd actually been thinking about it... regular Crucible I've been rocking face as a Striker, but my maniac berserker routine doesn't seem to hold water in the IB environment. I have a much harder time hunting solo enemies.

My go to Sunbrah build is to go Defender to be honest.
    I don't know what the meta is now that it isn't "pick Sunbreaker, insta win"

Seriously though I like Scorched Earth and the health regen on enemies felled by hammer.
    I don't have much in the way of preferences of anything else though, so somebody else will need to chime in if there's a real best of class build.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Who's engaging in Irresponsible Behavior tonight?

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    <.<
    >.>

My go to Sunbrah build is to go Defender to be honest.
    I don't know what the meta is now that it isn't "pick Sunbreaker, insta win"

Seriously though I like Scorched Earth and the health regen on enemies felled by hammer.
    I don't have much in the way of preferences of anything else though, so somebody else will need to chime in if there's a real best of class build.

I'll give it a try... might put some time in with the Defender as well.

Thanks Duder

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Alright, 1/4 of that rep diamond until I get rank 3 for Iron Banana. I've got my three weeklies sitting in waiting, too.

I think this is the first week I'll have bothered getting to rank 5.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    <.<
    >.>

The hit detection on hammers was broken last patch (and I believe Bladedancer stuff too). But hammers can proximity detonate far enough away now that they don't actually kill anyone. With that in mind when I have gone Sunbro I have been using Suncharge because its fun as hell and unique enough that people don't see it coming. Plus in IB it can get some truly ridiculous kills because of the nature of how people gather and flow to control points.

Despite that Striker is the stronger PvP subclass atm.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Bleh. Mediocre night. 5-5 finish. Some good close games, but mostly garbage match-ups. Last game is JIP loss, opposing team three capped and on top of it they have twice the score. It took longer for me to find that match and load in than it did for it to finish. BS like that is why I only do 10 matches a night. Puts me at 26-14 on the event.

Irritating Bollox matchmaking at its finest.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    as a player who is bad at shooter pvp

wow the mida really is a pretty good pvp gun!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Rank 5 get, even though I skipped a day of dailies and kind of turned in the easier weeklies on day 1 because of impatience.

Max light level is up from 305 to 306.

I finally upgraded my max light primary from a rare to a legendary, though it's still just 298 (Haakon's Hatchet drop).

Also picked up a Deidris's Retort that's a Void with Close and/or Personal, (High Caliber Rounds or Quick Draw), and Underdog, making it a good OH GOD CORNERED thing without erasing all my ammo.

I like Incendiary Bar mitzvah.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    yeah I'm glad I waited until they nerfed sunbro to have to get the hammer multikills to finish the quest

I mean, it's still entirely possible, just it would have been so much easier a few weeks ago

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Hit rank 5 on my hunter, and my warlock will be rank 5 when I log in tomorrow and turn in his saved bounties. I want to keep playing just for that PS4 hunter cloak, but I have yet to even see one drop, yet alone get one. For all the money Sony must have paid for the exclusive gear, they've made it really hard to obtain.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Pulled this off today. I was pretty proud of myself.
    https://youtu.be/_IrBz01W1-s

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I got twilight garrison today!

Just need to learn to skate and I'll have a shoulder-charging, lightning flinging, shotgun wielding, speedster Titan.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    giving me a lot of helmets, iron banner

dude needs some shoes, come on

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Lot of fun games tonight; some blowouts, some lag-induced madness, some honest-to-god hard-fought victories. Got all my characters to 5 and got some decent infusion fodder for the effort. Kinda hoping to acquire a nice roll of Haakon's Hatchet like some folks did (Persistence + Counterbalance seems niiiiiiiiice), but drops sure are hard to come by. 2 Strange Coins? Not so much.

• Options
    So at rank 5 in iron banner, do you get better drops after matches like with the racing thing?

My equipment is currently:

298 - Primary
    310 - Special
    300 - Heavy
    310 - Ghost
    319 - Helmet
    319 - Gauntlets
    298 - Chest
    296 - Leg
    320 - Class
    310 - Artifact

Which gets me to 307 max.

Should I do more IB, or move on to something else to get those sub-300s up?

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    So at rank 5 in iron banner, do you get better drops after matches like with the racing thing?

298 - Primary
    310 - Special
    300 - Heavy
    310 - Ghost
    319 - Helmet
    319 - Gauntlets
    298 - Chest
    296 - Leg
    320 - Class
    310 - Artifact

Supposedly you can, but its not like SRL where it stopped letting you get low stuff as well. So in Banner you might get an item every 10-15 matches? And then it can roll anywhere from 280 - 300+

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »

298 - Primary
    310 - Special
    300 - Heavy
    310 - Ghost
    319 - Helmet
    319 - Gauntlets
    298 - Chest
    296 - Leg
    320 - Class
    310 - Artifact

Supposedly you can, but its not like SRL where it stopped letting you get low stuff as well. So in Banner you might get an item every 10-15 matches? And then it can roll anywhere from 280 - 300+

Good to know, thanks!

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I think I can hang up the Iridescent Beanie for now and get back to Fallout. Got my main (hunter) to Rank 5, netting a couple of Ghost Shells at 310 and 316 and a 313 rocket launcher on top of my previous gains, making my total best light level at 304. Considering that two days ago I was at 299, I'm feeling pretty good about it, and I have a spare Ghost for my Titan.

A little something from last night...
    1935474_1087947714562981_6183858260315354733_n.jpg?oh=89a30e82fe93126572b09581b1ddd204&oe=56FC3580

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Yeah ib has been really nice to me in terms of drops now allowing me to reach light level 311 (not in gear id normally wear) with the rank 5 care package giving me a 316 heavy machine gun.

I really did try to get used to mida but I just prefer my automatic scout rifles if I need that kind of weapon although I wasn't doing too shabby closing the distance with TLW (who doesn't want to be a space cowboy?).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Gah.

Trying to complete Shaxxxxxx's monster bounty.

Can I find a Clash match? Can I what.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I got a no land beyond and it's not a gun for me.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    https://www.the100.io/game/470219

VoG at 2EST today has room for three more

you know you want to

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Gah.

Trying to complete Shaxxxxxx's monster bounty.

Can I find a Clash match? Can I what.

The clash one was easy for me. I've done like, 4 shots at the rift one and it's been universally terrible.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    butt towel acquired just as I'm about to hit rank 5 and be done with this nonsense

it'll be nice to have next time at least

also armor set now complete woo