As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Iron Banner: Game of the Year Edition

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I never did get the butt towel.

I might put some more farming in to try to get it but I am working some portion of the weekend so probably not.

I did get my light back up to 306 with a chest drop and a new heavy which isn't good but will hold the spot until I can get a better one infused up.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I guess I'll do my 10 for the day.

Who knows what exciting matches await me... I thought, as the game found a match...

It can't be worse than last night, I mused... first match was a loss, but I got an exotic chest engram. So... I guess there's that at least. :|

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    fun final match for me

pantheon

other team decides to all sit back on C and just snipe

except none of them were good at it

won 20,000-10,000

poor guys

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Now Stormcallers turn into Arcbladers upon death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXFF82sp6LI&feature=youtu.be

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    got 315 boots but the roll sucks

have 284 boots with a decent roll

this chicanery

• Options
    max light is now 317 woo

• Options
    Yeah my 312 chest was not as a good a roll as my 296 but I want the light more and there's hope I can get the other one infused up to 312 or get the Armamentarium up but that will not only take chest mats but a set of replacement arms so that'll be a while.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Chanus I hate that you've gotten a brand new character on a brand new account to a higher light level than I have been able to in months of playing

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Finally got my fancy Chainmail knitted Hunter Cloak last night. Guys...guys. It's everything I dreamed it would be.

Now I just have to keep farming in hopes of actually receiving the Hebredian Thoughtcrime and if I'm super lucky a 320 shell.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

There's two players in the match though with distinct scores... and the kill feed shows that too? Seems more like a coincidence than hax.x

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Sirialis wrote: »

There's two players in the match though with distinct scores... and the kill feed shows that too? Seems more like a coincidence than hax.x

Its not a hack at all, that part was a joke, its just an unreasonably well timed Blink into the place where the Warlock died a splitsecond prior.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    IB was not as nice to me this time around. Last time I got the spacebus, five different ghost shells (one level 320 with great stats!) two chest pieces, boots, a hand cannon and a sidearm, a machine gun and an amazing rocket launcher

this time I got two ghost shells, one helmet with bad rolls, one mark, and a semi decent hakkon. I blew all my marks getting the vendor shottie and helmet for the stats and perks.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Arch wrote: »
    IB was not as nice to me this time around. Last time I got the spacebus, five different ghost shells (one level 320 with great stats!) two chest pieces, boots, a hand cannon and a sidearm, a machine gun and an amazing rocket launcher

this time I got two ghost shells, one helmet with bad rolls, one mark, and a semi decent hakkon. I blew all my marks getting the vendor shottie and helmet for the stats and perks.

Last IB I got... Jack shit and I had 2 guys to rank 5. (Rank 5 package was a 313 Haakon's Hatchet crap rolls on one and the other got the low impact Sniper at 316, which is useless for PvP.) I'm still waiting for this "vastly increased drop rate" to show.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I even want to bother with IB

I'm not really going to get anything out of it except the AR I could buy, but I probably would never use it

If PA peeps are playing on XB1 I may hop in for the funsies

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Arch wrote: »
    Chanus I hate that you've gotten a brand new character on a brand new account to a higher light level than I have been able to in months of playing

I don't have much to do on weekends

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Gah.

Trying to complete Shaxxxxxx's monster bounty.

Can I find a Clash match? Can I what.

The clash one was easy for me. I've done like, 4 shots at the rift one and it's been universally terrible.

I have had one, which we won handily, I need another to finish the points. I am just always the only one looking for clash.

Oh well.

Rift is certainly a hit and miss game type, I did well in one game we had and was a total dog in the one before

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Hey, did you guys know there are weapon specific weekly Crucible bounties over at the Crucible Quartermaster? No idea if the count towards Shaxx's special weekly or not. I suspect not, given the wording on the special one.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

I'm not really going to get anything out of it except the AR I could buy, but I probably would never use it

You might get something fun out of the rank 5 package!

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I've had kind of a "eureka" moment today through fixing my connection.

Shotguns and melees now work, and I'm not ending fights with me going from max health to zero from someone I didn't know existed in a firefight.

Dys on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Played another day post rank 5 without a cloak drop. Ugh. Going to be working the rest of the weekend and Monday, which means it's unlikely that I'm going to get one. So dumb.

• Options
    hey @cB557 and I forget who is FatFailBurger on here

guess I'm going to drop the VoG run for lack of interest

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

Or you could be like me and get absolutely nothing apart from the ghost.
    My drops have been fucking disgusting this Iron Banner (so bad I don't even want to make up a fun name for the event anymore, I'm a broken man!).
    The best thing I got was an IB hat (the game after I'd already broken down and bought one for marks, and it was only 4 points higher than the bought one so it was like lulz) and a shotgun with rolls so bad I should probably just dismantle it and salt the earth of my special weapon inventory so it's evil can't take root.

On a more positive note I'd like to thank the guys who were part of the big IB session last night. I'm afraid I'm not really sure of anyone's forum names but it was an absolute pleasure to get to group with you guys even if I was absolutely garbage all night and a little bit salty because of it.

@Forever Zefiro
    I'd be happy to run IB most of the night since I still have to grind up at least one of my hunter or 'lock. If you're online when I get to my xbone I'll hit you up if you like.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Well fine, it isn't like we need NTTE

• Options

I mean I'll still do it if you can find three people :P

• Options
    I would have loved to do VoG again but I am at work this afternoon, sadly.

I hope we can raid together again at some point.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

My drops have been fucking disgusting this Iron Banner (so bad I don't even want to make up a fun name for the event anymore, I'm a broken man!).
    The best thing I got was an IB hat (the game after I'd already broken down and bought one for marks, and it was only 4 points higher than the bought one so it was like lulz) and a shotgun with rolls so bad I should probably just dismantle it and salt the earth of my special weapon inventory so it's evil can't take root.

On a more positive note I'd like to thank the guys who were part of the big IB session last night. I'm afraid I'm not really sure of anyone's forum names but it was an absolute pleasure to get to group with you guys even if I was absolutely garbage all night and a little bit salty because of it.

@Forever Zefiro
    I'd be happy to run IB most of the night since I still have to grind up at least one of my hunter or 'lock. If you're online when I get to my xbone I'll hit you up if you like.

Did you check the postmaster? The Rank 5 package always drops a 310 ghost and another item that Saladin is not selling at 310+. There is a bug that after you open your package you have to go to orbit and then go back to the tower to get it to show up sometimes depending on what it is. For instance my shitty roll rocket launcher went to my inventory but the arms I got on my two other characters went to the postmaster.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »

@Forever Zefiro

Did you check the postmaster? The Rank 5 package always drops a 310 ghost and another item that Saladin is not selling at 310+. There is a bug that after you open your package you have to go to orbit and then go back to the tower to get it to show up sometimes depending on what it is. For instance my shitty roll rocket launcher went to my inventory but the arms I got on my two other characters went to the postmaster.

I'm pretty sure I went to orbit and came back, but yeah I'll check that again. Thanks for reminding me.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

@Forever Zefiro

That was a fun time last night.
    @Zombie Gandhi @Hawkarino @Groc & friend

Groc's buddy did insane, helped carry us a game or two. Had a couple sweaty matches against a good other team, wherein every match we would be bad the first half and give them a few thousand point lead. One game we choked and lost by about 300 after a mass death when the game was finishing up. Next match we won by 200 in the end (after a similar head-start for them).
    We even had one good loot game where both our top two got Hatchet's that were 280-90+ with OK-ish perks.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Okay so my rank 5 package wasn't a total waste, logged back in and got a 314 chest piece from it, which is an upgrade on my current chest pieces in every way except the rolls. I'm more of an Int/Disc guy than Int/Str but whatever.

• Options
    Okay so my rank 5 package wasn't a total waste, logged back in and got a 314 chest piece from it, which is an upgrade on my current chest pieces in every way except the rolls. I'm more of an Int/Disc guy than Int/Str but whatever.

It could be worse. I got Disc/Str.

• Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    I've had kind of a "eureka" moment today through fixing my connection.

Shotguns and melees now work, and I'm not ending fights with me going from max health to zero from someone I didn't know existed in a firefight.

I really need to get my ps4 wired instead of wifi. We're moving so no point in doing it now.

I also just read in reddit that one should turn off all the motion correction settings on tv. Never knew that.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    I also played like garbage last night in full six man PA group. I was super salty about it, especially since all but one match, I felt like I was playing pretty well, and I was shocked by the final score every time. Finally had a decent game by the end.

Our team played really well, and I felt like was not feeding the enemy kills. But still, I like to think of myself as at least a mediocre pvper ppb my bad days.

Has not been a high performing IB for me.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I got my first ever phantom medal rolling with PA crew yesterday. That IB auto rifle is pretty dang good if you play up its strengths

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Beezel wrote: »
    I got my first ever phantom medal rolling with PA crew yesterday. That IB auto rifle is pretty dang good if you play up its strengths

Apparently I got a phantom yesterday. Ended up with 10 kills for the whole match and I was so salty about my perception of a shitty performance that I did not record the clip. I didn't even know what phantom meant until Mugen explained it to me.

I think it had something to do with two headshot snipes, a wombo combo to get the heavy, a tlw one on one kill and a triple down shadow shot/ruin wake follow up as I took B by myself.

I was so shocked at the final score I didn't record the match.

Unicron80 on
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

I mean I'll still do it if you can find three people :P

Do it with 4 Chanus, it is now easy!

• Options
    Entaru wrote: »

It could be worse. I got Disc/Str.

I prefer disc/str on most warlock and nightstalker builds for pve

• Options
    The true challenge of VoG is remembering how to do the bloody gorgon maze

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I really want to see the stock sub-classes reworked for destiny 2/year 3. Playing anything but a nightstalker causes me irl physical pain now.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Throwing knife is so garbo

I think I killed about 5 people.

And 3 of that was via burn and didn't count for the stupid quest.

bungoplz

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Throwing knife is so garbo

I think I killed about 5 people.

And 3 of that was via burn and didn't count for the stupid quest.

bungoplz

ive seen people do really well with it in videos and stuff but yeah....

I am really bad at it too