As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Iron Banner: Game of the Year Edition

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    I also played like garbage last night in full six man PA group. I was super salty about it, especially since all but one match, I felt like I was playing pretty well, and I was shocked by the final score every time. Finally had a decent game by the end.

Our team played really well, and I felt like was not feeding the enemy kills. But still, I like to think of myself as at least a mediocre pvper ppb my bad days.

Has not been a high performing IB for me.

I felt pretty bad about how down on yourself you were, because you were playing well and the scoreboard couldn't reflect that simply because you had folks in the party like myself playing hyper-aggressively and more or less "stealing" your kills and diminishing your possible point-based contribution. After all, there is (realistically) a limit to the number of kills a team can accrue in a given match, and I'd say that's about 80 — most opponents will just leave the game if it's likely to be greater slaughter than that.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I'm officially 2-2 on the day for IB. I forgot I turned in my bounties and hit Rank 5 though. Got a 313 light Breomart's Stand with smooth ballistics, eye of the storm, small bore and feeding frenzy. Don't think I'd use it over my hip fire grenadair ruin wake though.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I was talking about this last night but I do much better as a support slayer in objective based game types. Point me at a dude and I will kill them. I get really claustrophobic and turn into a huge fuckup if I'm expected to hold an area.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Throwing knife is so garbo

I think I killed about 5 people.

And 3 of that was via burn and didn't count for the stupid quest.

bungoplz

I actually found a use for sidearms

if you hit them with the sidearm enough to get their shield down you can then get the knife kill

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I don't want to be an asshole or anything (but I am, so that's what's going to happen), but if you live in the UK and you're running a two bar or less in my games then you should have your console repossessed. Or burned. Maybe both.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular

bungoplz

Nah it's good, it's just hard to use well. Practice!

PSN- AHermano
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    hey ~cB557 and I forget who is FatFailBurger on here

guess I'm going to drop the VoG run for lack of interest
    Oh shit, sorry. My sleep schedule had been all out of whack during break, I just got up.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I also played like garbage last night in full six man PA group. I was super salty about it, especially since all but one match, I felt like I was playing pretty well, and I was shocked by the final score every time. Finally had a decent game by the end.

Our team played really well, and I felt like was not feeding the enemy kills. But still, I like to think of myself as at least a mediocre pvper ppb my bad days.

I felt pretty bad about how down on yourself you were, because you were playing well and the scoreboard couldn't reflect that simply because you had folks in the party like myself playing hyper-aggressively and more or less "stealing" your kills and diminishing your possible point-based contribution. After all, there is (realistically) a limit to the number of kills a team can accrue in a given match, and I'd say that's about 80 — most opponents will just leave the game if it's likely to be greater slaughter than that.

Yeah there are quite a few games I have played where I thought I was doing work. Only to look at the score at the end and be in last place or next to last place. Then I realize I had like 25 assists...

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    it can be a great tool, I just certainly don't remember to use it much.

A hand cannon shot followed up with a precision knife has a very silly TTK.

Integrating knives into my play style is something I should really work on. That, and sniping. I have a 320 raid sniper with hot swap, so I really have no excuse these days.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

Definitely this. I get so much higher scores when I play with the PA crew because I can play much more aggressively than normal which means I post up stupid scores but I can only do that because everybody is coordinating and playing better because of it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    hey ~cB557 and I forget who is FatFailBurger on here

guess I'm going to drop the VoG run for lack of interest
    Oh shit, sorry. My sleep schedule had been all out of whack during break, I just got up.

no worries

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm at 191 light

I should probably try the raid at some point right?

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I'm at 191 light

Once you're around 295 Light I would say

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    going from my hunter to my titan is hilarious banner.

I never bothered to level any of her gear up, so she's got rank 2 int/disc/str. She can't kill anyone with her shoulder charges (sidearm ftw)... and she's using pulse rifles so my cadence is off.

I'll have to farm mats and actually level up her gear one day.

edit: that said, she didn't do too shabby in her set, ended her set with a 5-1 record, leaving me 7-3 on the day and 33-17 on the event.

I think I'll actually fill in the last node on Red Death tomorrow, as that's what actually makes it more than just another Pulse Rifle, lol...

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Finally rank 5.

Question since I've never achieved that before:

Do your drops improve the higher your IB rank is?

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Question since I've never achieved that before:

Do your drops improve the higher your IB rank is?

You have a wider availability of what can drop, but there's no increasing scale of the quality (i.e. the attack or defence rating)

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    I can definitely live with that, then.

Does that happen to include weapons outside of that which is currently being sold?

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I got a 310 hunter exotic head (Symbiote something or other. Golden gun extra shot and I hear it's bad but still, 310 helmet out of the level 40 gate).

I think the game is telling me to level my hunter. . .

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

bungoplz

Equip the 2 throwing knife charges and throwing knife charge resets on knife precision kill perks if you have them.
    And a Sealed Ahamkara's Grasp if you have it.

Go into Mayhem Rumble.
    Throw knives fucking everywhere.

steam_sig.png
    I'm at 191 light

Sigh that will take forever.

I guess I should do nightfalls?

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I don't want to be an asshole or anything (but I am, so that's what's going to happen), but if you live in the UK and you're running a two bar or less in my games then you should have your console repossessed. Or burned. Maybe both.

There is a simpler solution to this, let all those constant red bars matchmake only with other red bars, farewell and good fucking riddance.
    mosssnack wrote: »
    I have a 320 raid sniper with hot swap, so I really have no excuse these days.

Thats the one I'm hoping to pick up, I dont really like sniping, I feel too vulnerable in CQC... But by the time Bungie finish nerfing stuff, my shotgun will probably shoot taco flavored kisses and broken promises.

Sirialis on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm at 191 light

Sigh that will take forever.

I guess I should do nightfalls?

Nightfalls have a recommended light of 280, I think, but you can go in at 240.

Wait

how did I type 191 and not catch that... Twice?

291, not 191.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    ....I ran out of glimmer...

:(

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    edited January 2016
    Khraul wrote: »

TO THE EXCLUSION ZONE!

(Does that even work anymore?)

Sirialis on
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

I hope you enjoy patrols.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

It was so surprising to me when this first happened given I was always hitting the cap.

• mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

There is a simpler solution to this, let all those constant red bars matchmake only with other red bars, farewell and good fucking riddance.

Thats the one I'm hoping to pick up, I dont really like sniping, I feel too vulnerable in CQC... But by the time Bungie finish nerfing stuff, my shotgun will probably shoot taco flavored kisses and broken promises.

Yep, for sure. My sniping is respectable enough, I just feel ultra uncomfortable in cqc and it makes sniping not worth it for me. I'll probably need to find a Y2 TLW as well so I can hop on that train.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Wait

how did I type 191 and not catch that... Twice?

291, not 191.

I thought you made that mistake on the first post, but the second one I thought you confirmed 191.

That was a very confusing series of posts.

291 you can absolutely run normal kings fall.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular

Yep, for sure. My sniping is respectable enough, I just feel ultra uncomfortable in cqc and it makes sniping not worth it for me. I'll probably need to find a Y2 TLW as well so I can hop on that train.

I'm running y2 TLW and 1KYS. I'm not that great at it yet, but it feels really good and I'm focused on improving my game with that combo. Once IB is done I'm gonna try Stillpiercer, but it's still 280.

I'd love to get an Imago loop with good roll. Hipfire. I have two with mediocre rolls. Then I could run an exotic heavy. One day.

I've been thinking about trying a bullet hose AR for cqc, that might be worth trying.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sniping is worth practicing with actively. If you start with the worst aim assist sniper rifle you can find and bring a scout rifle and a machine gun to a low difficulty patrol area and focus entirely on head shots you can build up that instinct.

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    All 3 characters to rank 5!
    - Warlock got a 310 Bretomart's Stand, which I made "stable as fuck":
    svnbevuicmtj.jpg
    - Titan got 316 gloves (infused into my fantastic FWC shoulders)
    - Hunter got a 320 chest :biggrin:

Regular drops were:
    - 315 ghost shell
    - 3 warlock bonds (not-camelot style), 2 titan buttflaps (not-camelot style)

Non-IB happy news: Ranking up Dead Orbit gave me the 3rd spaceship, so I have the complete Dead Orbit collection. Ranking up FWC gave me The Finger (it's not a spaceship :mad: )

So now I can play for "complete as many bounties for the next IB" and hope for IB-camelot class items, and Spaceship version 2.

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    Yeah, all I've been doing lately has been Crucible and (this past week) IB... dumped a ton on weapon parts so I could upgrade my best weapons in the hopes that IB wouldn't be too painful and now I'm busted ass broke.

I'm sure if won't be too bad to grind back out, but I'm basically just runnin' IB until I can hit rank 5.

@Sirialis I'm just looking at that Exclusion zone thing now... might have to try it...

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Yeah, all I've been doing lately has been Crucible and (this past week) IB... dumped a ton on weapon parts so I could upgrade my best weapons in the hopes that IB wouldn't be too painful and now I'm busted ass broke.

I'm sure if won't be too bad to grind back out, but I'm basically just runnin' IB until I can hit rank 5.

@Sirialis I'm just looking at that Exclusion zone thing now... might have to try it...
    Well, if you have a Ghost Shell which gives extra glimmer when killing a certain enemy type, that might help too.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    edited January 2016
    Follow up post... thanks for the matches gents!

It's still pretty painful being 10-20 light down from everyone else, but I'm trying not to get discouraged when I'm getting completely rolled by the enemy :P

I'll just keep cappin' points and trying not to die.

@Corporal Carl I have a couple of those... I just need the enemy type to be "mans"

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    edited January 2016
    Got a The Ram from The Nightfall that was just a smidge better than the one I have (Int/Str, instead of Disc/Str, both have Inverse Shadow and Infusion.)

Boss also dropped a Thread Upon Stars with Life Support, Explosive Rounds and Firefly.

... And an Exotic Chest Engram dropped from the big Taken Sol dude midways that turned out to be a ATS/8 Tarantella (first one I've gotten) with full Intellect and Arc Armor.

That'll do Nightfall... That'll do.

Sirialis on
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Yeah, holy shit ib week is bad for glimmer. I haven't been doing any patrols, etc. plus the ib shader and stuff cost glimmer, all of a sudden I'm at 47/25,000

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    edited January 2016

I started levelling my TLW today, I hate that gun, but you know, just in case I'll need it.

Sirialis on
    I've never done any of the PVP endgame stuff.

I like Crucible but am pretty sure I wouldn't like IB or Trials.