As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Agents of SHIELD] S4E16 - What if... this thread reached 100 pages?

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I picked the right time to get that free subscription to Hulu. I can watch tonight's episode tomorrow and not deal with any election crap. Huzzah. I hope the episode is going well for those of you who are watching it right now.

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Oh yeah.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Preview for next week didn't make it look like there was any Civil War fallout but that might be due to spoilers.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Liked the Avengers shout out this week.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Indiana is going to screw us isn't it?

Speaking from the future, yes. Yes, it did.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Kind of a meh episode overall, though there were some good character bits. No idea of a good title update for this week though.

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2016
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Kind of a meh episode overall, though there were some good character bits. No idea of a good title update for this week though.

"Which you would have known had you not gone behind our back."

Alternatively;
    "Poor Daisy"

e:
    Oh actual spoiler for this episode;
    Apparently the Tahiti alien was a Kree.

Morkath on
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »

Alternatively;
    "Poor Daisy"

e:

Yeah, we've known that for a while.
    What with the Kree writing all the Tahiti subjects did and the Kree city they found in Pueto Rico and the Kree that showed up from Warehouse 13.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »

Alternatively;
    "Poor Daisy"

e:

What with the Kree writing all the Tahiti subjects did and the Kree city they found in Pueto Rico and the Kree that showed up from Warehouse 13.

I thought that it was stated explicitly at some point.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The thread title should be a reference to "connection problems".

sig.gif
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    What's that?

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Miscellaneous thoughts.
    I wanna know more about Simmons' ex(es?).

They've been setting up Lash as the plan B for Ward, but he's still inhuman so is he just gonna get assimilated? Can they knock him out long enough for Simmons to get a sample of his brain tissue and see if the parasites take hold? Surely Coulson would think of the whole "Hive would turn Lash" before deploying him.

Some blasphemy: May's kind of wearing on me. I think it's mostly how they're using her (ie, barely), but sometimes the body language when she's talking to someone is just a little distracting.

• kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    First, I need to say that I really can't stand how in your face ABC is with the "SOMEONE. WILL. DIE." shit. This isn't a new thing, but it's so obnoxious, good lord.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Honestly, I think the show by this point has established a baseline quality of at least "good to pretty good." Episodes that are genuinely disappointing are fairly rare, which is a great place for a show to be.

I'm actually happy that
    Mack wasn't able to break Hive's hold on Daisy. I was somewhat expecting her to break down during their fight and I'm glad that they resisted that urge.

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    First, I need to say that I really can't stand how in your face ABC is with the "SOMEONE. WILL. DIE." shit. This isn't a new thing, but it's so obnoxious, good lord.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Honestly, I think the show by this point has established a baseline quality of at least "good to pretty good." Episodes that are genuinely disappointing are fairly rare, which is a great place for a show to be.

I'm actually happy that
    Mack wasn't able to break Hive's hold on Daisy. I was somewhat expecting her to break down during their fight and I'm glad that they resisted that urge.

I was disappointed that Mack knew she was being influenced by a brain parasite and still tried to "talk" sense into her.

Also I get that the Kree Reavers were stationed in orbit eons ago in stasis to take out failed inhuman experiments, but....does their apparent weakness mean the older inhumans were much less powerful or that the Kree are just imbeciles?

How to stop living weapons capable of energy discharge, speed, strength, etc.? Let's see here the Kree safety manual says to send in two lumberjacks. Sounds fine.

I really hope they lampshade how ineffective the Kree safety measures were.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I mean, they set up that she might be able to fight it given she "accidently" let herself be seen on camera.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »

I'm actually happy that

I was disappointed that Mack knew she was being influenced by a brain parasite and still tried to "talk" sense into her.

Also I get that the Kree Reavers were stationed in orbit eons ago in stasis to take out failed inhuman experiments, but....does their apparent weakness mean the older inhumans were much less powerful or that the Kree are just imbeciles?

How to stop living weapons capable of energy discharge, speed, strength, etc.? Let's see here the Kree safety manual says to send in two lumberjacks. Sounds fine.

I really hope they lampshade how ineffective the Kree safety measures were.

They did kill a whole bunch of Inhumans, though. It took two of the strongest to finally stop them - the one that makes earthquakes and the one that devours all organic material with a lethal swarm-cloud.

Everything we've learned so far of the Kree experiments suggests that the Inhumans were more dangerous than the Kree ever anticipated. Otherwise they wouldn't have abandoned the whole project in the first place. The reavers not being up to the task is just another element of the Kree underestimating the Inhumans. Doesn't mean that the Kree aren't capable of more. We've haven't really seen what they can do yet - Ronan was one guy, and the reavers were millennia old, and they still managed to cause a lot of damage.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I wanted the Warehouse 13 Kree to comeback. At least then Shield might have an ally who could explain something. These two Kree Reavers weren't shit, really. Also, that girl with the multiple bodies, is that the last of her bodies? I could have sworn there is at least one more of her floating around.

She used to be five total, then she lost 1 to Lash, and 2 to SHIELD, so she's down to 2 bodies, one of which got decapitated. So she's either dead or down to one and basically an inhuman with no powers.

• Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    I mean, they set up that she might be able to fight it given she "accidently" let herself be seen on camera.

This was super plausible to me as an Infosec person because you can't just turn that cultivated awareness and paranoia off. Pretty much everywhere I go I'm assessing security measures and thinking about how I could take advantage of gaps, how terrible a security checkpoint is designed and everybody could die, etc. I'm super fun at parties.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

This was super plausible to me as an Infosec person because you can't just turn that cultivated awareness and paranoia off. Pretty much everywhere I go I'm assessing security measures and thinking about how I could take advantage of gaps, how terrible a security checkpoint is designed and everybody could die, etc. I'm super fun at parties.

It also was a good explanation of how much Hive's control changes the person, despite on the surface it seeming not to do tremendously much besides loyalties.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    If Giggles_Funsworth wasn't on some list generated by an ASI, they are now.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    I think that ship probably sailed about the time I started downloading copies of Inspire because they became related to my work.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Before everything went down, I think Daisy smiled more in this episode than in the series to this point.

sig.gif
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Decomposey wrote: »

Alternatively;
    "Poor Daisy"

e:

I don't remember them every explicitly stating what alien type they were though.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Was that the first episode without a post bumper (SHIELD logo) stinger?

Also -

let me get this straight because it started to bug me.

Coulson got Kree blood to revive him from Loki's stab. It healed him. They did TAHITI brain robot to make him forget it all. He is 100% human, but has Kree blood in him now? Somehow?

Daisy WAS Inhuman to begin with, which is why Kree blood didn't kill her at all. And she would have gotten these powers anyways because she's always been Inhuman.

So...

Coulson is just THAT bad ass that Kree blood didnt kill him?

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Since when does Kree blood melt people?

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Edited to avoid a spoiler I guess from last nights. Sorta.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular

Last night's episode:
    They were using old dead Kree blood and those crystal things mixed together. It didn't work on making humans into Inhumans. Coulson just had Kree blood, not the crystals.

Last night's episode:
    They were using old dead Kree blood and those crystal things mixed together. It didn't work on making humans into Inhumans. Coulson just had Kree blood, not the crystals.
    Also Coulson just got a transfusion of a specific chemical in Kree blood. Also also I imagine there was more to the process than "mixing Hive's blood with terragen crystals" otherwise they wouldn't have needed the transhumanist scientist.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Was that the first episode without a post bumper (SHIELD logo) stinger?

Also -

let me get this straight because it started to bug me.

Coulson got Kree blood to revive him from Loki's stab. It healed him. They did TAHITI brain robot to make him forget it all. He is 100% human, but has Kree blood in him now? Somehow?

Daisy WAS Inhuman to begin with, which is why Kree blood didn't kill her at all. And she would have gotten these powers anyways because she's always been Inhuman.

So...

Coulson is just THAT bad ass that Kree blood didnt kill him?

They established that the GH 325 breaks down very quickly. Simmons said that there were no traces of the GH 325 in Daisy's system after she analyzed her blood.

So, I'm guessing
    Daisy's plan will fail horribly and Hive will abandon her as a result.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    This was super plausible to me as an Infosec person because you can't just turn that cultivated awareness and paranoia off.

Spending 15 years in various roles with security (floor, dispatch, CCTV deployment, etc), I get this. Sometimes I find myself scoping out security measures in place without even thinking about it.
    Pretty much everywhere I go I'm assessing security measures and thinking about how I could take advantage of gaps, how terrible a security checkpoint is designed and everybody could die, etc. I'm super fun at parties.

... okay on second thought I don't know this guy sorry you're on your own buddy.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

"What was that last sound?"

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    May was actually pretty fun this episode.

She can't believe how dumb people are.
    I loved that they made all these grand gestures to emotion, and none of them worked out the way they thought. Lincoln nearly killed himself injecting an untested serum, IT DIDN'T WORK. Mack put his life on the line to save Daisy from Hive, she nearly killed his dumb ass. Fitz and Simmons had a professional disagreement; Fitz thought that Simmons would be pissed, but she was like, "dude, science is like 90% disagreements about unknown variables."

The only people who played it smart were May, who ruthlessly exploited James for intel, and Coulson, who didn't care about the millenia-old grudge match and just told them to open fire on Hive the second Kree Schmuck #2 got offed.

Also I hope that Agent Piper becomes semi-regular. I was invested in her calling dibs on the biggest gun. Then she got to blow a Fallout 2-style hole in Ward. That girl is going places.

I was trying to figure out
    Why they didn't use splinter bombs on Hive, but I guess he might be immune since he's inhuman.

Though I'm honestly surprised they worked on the Kree

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Why they didn't use splinter bombs on Hive, but I guess he might be immune since he's inhuman.

Yeah, Inhumans should be immune to the splinter bombs. Kree are not necessarily immune to the same things as Inhumans. Note that HiveWard melted Kree #2's face off.

Yeah, Inhumans should be immune to the splinter bombs. Kree are not necessarily immune to the same things as Inhumans. Note that HiveWard melted Kree #2's face off.
    Are inhumans immune to the facemelting? Seems like Hive would just mind control them instead if he has the opportunity.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I liked
    "Yeah, and you're being a love sick fool trying to make a grand gesture." ... "Fitz! Any thoughts?"

Xeddicus on
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Last night's episode:
    Also the Guest House Kree was alive, if barely.
    Dude was still pumping chemicals.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Biggest complaints:
    1. Simmons not wearing any protective gear when visiting immuno-suppressed Lincoln. Unless she was trying to kill his annoying ass, in which case carry on.
    2. No signs of Lincoln's head being drilled into. No shaved hair, no wound covering (again, he's immuno-suppressed), nothing.

For a show that's usually pretty good with remembering the details, it was really disappointing to see them get sloppy with the easy stuff.

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    navgoose wrote: »

I'm actually happy that

Next week, on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD...

Mack: "C'mon, Coulson, I know you think your arm got cut off, but you can fight this! I know your arm is still there, if you just believe!"

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.