Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp]Shadowrun - Bump in the Night

1343537394042

Posts

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Not entirely sure what the bartender is getting at, Tantrum downs her drink, activates her internal air tank and shrugs to the others before walking over to the booth. "I would like Halona?" she asks of the darkness. Then, if no one and nothing prevents her, she sits in the booth.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Breach nods at Tantrum's decision and accompanies the Troll to the dark corner booth, shifting his vision through all of the spectrum's to see what awaiting them.

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @Steelhawk as you approach the table, your eyes switch to low-light vision, giving you a better view of what you're walking to, and which you subvocally describe to Tantrum as you walk over.

    Seated around a round table are three figures, positioned so that they can see anything approaching. As you get closer, you can tell that there are two humans and one elf here, with the elf flanked on either side by her companions.

    Each of the human men look quite muscular, and have a broad array of tattoos visible on their arms and neck, although the flowing locks of one of them cover up some of the ink. The elf woman, however, seems to be markless. Her hair is a short blonde, and her eyes are a bright blue. They begin to scan you rapidly as you approach, as the woman relaxes against the wall.

    Breach can make a visual perception check on the walk over, and either of you can make a Knowledge check based around either underworld society or tattoos before conversation begins. @Maclay

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Bauta watches as Tantrum and Breach go off to the dark corner of the room. Standing awkwardly ,without a large troll woman beside him to protect him, he raises a brow and turns to Blackfish. "What do you say we get shitfaced while our two colleagues get cantina shot while making shady dealings.". Walking over to the bar, he taps his hands "Whiskey ,please. Bourbon if you have it".

    He stops tapping and looks over slightly concerned and then to Blackfish. Uncertain if the other troll would leave for the darkness as well instead of partying down with him.

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "I'd just suggest we try and stay sober enough to help. Just in case." Smiling at the small human, Blackfish will knock back her wells shot, and wave off the bartender when he offers her a second.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    "Well of course something bad is gonna happen..." Bauta watches as Blackfish as she downs the contents of her shot glass quickly "The bartender basically said so..."

    Bauta grabs his drink and takes a slow sip, he continues to talk as Blackfish waves away more shots "And bartenders are never wrong!"

    Looking back at the bar, he glances forlornly at the bartender momentarily "Except about big life decisions, but I mean they have experts for that"
    "...."

    Continuing to nurse his drink "On the plus side we may be able to get into a genuine barfight. Never really had one of those...."

    Egos on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm still at the bar.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Don't know if it's close enough, but maybe they've had some dealings with my people, so I'll give it a shot.

    Geth roll 9d6t5 for Knowledge of Organized Crime

    Knowledge of Organized Crime:
    9d6t5 4 [9d6t5=6, 5, 6, 4, 1, 5, 3, 1, 4]

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 9d6t5 for Perception
    Geth, roll 7d6t5 for Criminal Orgs

    Perception:
    9d6t5 3 [9d6t5=3, 6, 4, 6, 3, 5, 4, 4, 2]
    Criminal Orgs:
    7d6t5 3 [7d6t5=2, 1, 5, 1, 6, 3, 5]

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    @Maclay
    You kind of hope that you're wrong...but you've seen one or two of those tattoo designs before. They were on a guy that worked for the Koshari.

    Since your character has a background in organised crime, if you don't personally know much about them let me know and I'll fill you in.

    Also if people don't want to stick around the bar but poke elsewhere, just let me know. You can also go join Breach and Tantrum if you feel like it.

    Farangu on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Brody wrote: »
    I'm still at the bar.

    "oh youre still here...hmmm." "NEVERMIND THEN!"



    for some reason I read it as: waved to the bartender as he attempted to give her more shots as opposed to just declining more alcohol. No idea why. Anyway I .....kinda fixed it.

    Egos on
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    @Farangu
    I've got a basic idea, but I would happily accept any detail you wish to provide.

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @Maclay
    The Koshari are the biggest Native American mafia, heavily based out of the PCC territories. Their rackets are more based on the traditional vices. Gambling, BTLs & drugs are all pies they've had fingers in. They're known in San Fran for two things: Being one of the primary talisleggers into the city during the occupation, and being one of the primary peddlers in the big Tempo scare eight or nine years ago.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Well I suppose none of that changes my current course of action, so I guess Tantrum sits down anyway, and will see how they respond.

    @Farangu Steelhawk had a couple of rolls just after mine, in case they managed to slip by you.

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @Steelhawk
    You've seen some of that ink before, in your old life. And the profiles of the men fit, too. You're fairly sure they're Koshari. If you need a brief reminder about the Koshari, feel free to click on the second spoiler post I made for Maclay

    The woman doesn't quite fit, though. You zoom in with your eyes, and as she turns to speak with one of the men, you see something on her neck, under the jaw line. It kind of looks like this:

    f55f954ac19f5d2a1d95b2626d10dce3.jpg

    It doesn't look like a tattoo, though.

    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Moments before Breach joins Tantrum at the table he sub-vocalizes to the rest of the team, "Watch our backs in case this gets ugly..."

    Breach will stand just behind where Tantrum is sitting and little to the side, flexing his fingers just slightly in case he needs to go for the twin Predators at his back. He nods to the woman and her thugs in a cool greeting. He opens his mouth to speak, but decides to follow Tantrum's lead and will only step in when necessary.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    we were totally planning on just letting you guys die Greedo style ;-)

    Egos on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    As Tantrum speaks, both the men angle towards you in their chairs. As she begins to sit, they drag the open chairs closer to them. After this is done, the elf slowly turns to face you.

    "Indeed?", she says, her words slow and measured. "This is true of many people, for many reasons. But there is a question that must be answered: Would Halona like you?"

    @Maclay You're gonna need to roll your test to see if you can keep your cool at being snubbed like that.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Bauta bites down on his lip as he watches for any sign of action from the booth Tantrum and Breach entered.

    Placing his drink on the bar , he addresses Blackfish - tone much more serious "Think this is really just about coffee? he tilts his head as his eyes remain on the dark corner "I would think some drug connect or something darker...hard to imagine people would be that desperate for beans."

    He takes a quieter tone
    "Granted the lengths some people will go to get say genuine meat instead of the processed shit most of us have..."


    How much can Blackfish and I see? I assume I can see shit, but can Blackfish make out the bodies with her low light vision?

    Egos on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "It wouldn't surprise me if it was just for some archaic 'real food.'" Blackfish glares at her shot glass, and then sets it out for a refill. "Those god damn assholes have no idea how anything actually works, they just want a way to show their friends how much money they have."

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Well then.
    Uncouth drops my pool to 5 for this, yes?
    But if I Push the Limit I can get it up to 6, with exploding 6s.
    Hope I get the notation right...
    Just as a note: Any of these fools in my (+1) Melee range?

    Here... We... Go.


    Geth roll 6d6o6 for Cool, Calm and Collected

    Cool, Calm and Collected:
    6d6o6 27 [6d6o6=10, 1, 1, 5, 5, 5]

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Fuck.
    That's a 4 right? The 6 rolled a 4 second time round?
    Whatever. Here's a reroll just in case:
    Geth roll 6d6t5 Because Geth

    Geth:
    6d6t5 2 [6d6t5=3, 4, 6, 3, 6, 4]

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately there's no good dice expression for pre-edge. The 6's explode, so let's take care of that.

    Beth roll 2d6t5 for exploding 6

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Haha...ahem.

    Geth roll 2d6 for exploding 6

    exploding 6:
    2d6 9 [2d6=6, 3]

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    And one more.

    Geth roll 1d6 for exploding 6

    Edit: Three is enough to keep you from proceeding with a beat down. However you can't help an angry inflection from entering your voice when you reply.

    exploding 6:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

    Farangu on
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "I am so. Fucking. Sick. Of this Alpha Dog, dick-waving bullshit." Tantrum turns and walks out the front door 'accidentally' bumping the drinks of a couple of the rich fucks along the way.
    Under her breath, she communicates to the others "Sorry. Not gonna risk starting a gang war for information I can get elsewhere. See you outside when you're ready."

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure xd6h5 works... Sorry for adding clutter.

    Geth roll 20d6h5 for testing

    testing:
    20d6h5 12 [20d6h5=[6, 2], [6, 4], 2, [6, 6, 4], 3, 2, 1, 2, [6, 1], 3, 4, 1, [6, 5], 4, [6, 6, 6, 3], 1, 2, 4, [6, 6, 3], 4]

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    What. The. Frag. Breach says to himself at Tantrum's actions, shooting her an angry look as she storms away.

    "I'd apologize for my friend there, but I don't really know what that was all about. Sometimes, you don't get to choose who else the Johnson hires, right? You wouldn't like her anyway. Me? Me you'd love." Breach says to the elf, with one of his patented winning smiles, sitting down in Tantrum's vacated seat. "Nice tats, by the way. You guys, I recognize...Koshari, right? Yeah. Yours though, that symbol on your neck? What's up with that?"

    Edited to not throw a teammate under the bus again...

    Steelhawk on
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    If the last few weekends are anything to go by, this situation probably won't be resolved in the next few days. As such I would like to formally apologize for the current state of things if they are causing anyone any 'Out of Character' annoyance. I would also like to call back to something I said way back on page 2:
    Maclay wrote: »
    My biggest concern here is how far I can push things before I become more of a hindrance than a help and I start becoming too frustrating for everyone to deal with. I have some idea of how to keep things mildly under control, such as ensuring that my associates have a chance to 'convince' me to show some restraint in cases that could have major repercussions (probably via a test). I would also want anyone involved to feel comfortable telling me if I'm not going far enough or am going too far.

    Obviously, I'm open to suggestions on how to better play the role.

    I want everyone taking part in our little narrative to be having fun, and rest assured that when "Tantrum" is expressing an opinion it is her opinion, not mine (even if I do feel myself slipping into character more often than I probably should).

    Egos
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Edited to not throw a teammate under the bus again...

    I don't really think it's throwing them under the bus, it's more just trying to appease your current company.

    Egos on
    Steelhawk
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    It certainly read like both of you were just maintaining character.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
    EgosSteelhawk
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    I certainly hope so, but I also want to avoid cutting Farangu off at the knees too often. I understand that a lot of work goes into GMing a solid story and that a ton of it can go out the window with a snap of the player's fingers.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Unless it's in grey, I read it as IC.

    That said I'm still finding the grey + spoilers a tad confusing at times.

    Egos on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Don't you worry about me. I was actually more concerned at the amount of times Tantrum was socially interacting with people without it blowing up in her face; Uncouth is supposed to be a drawback, after all.

    As for thread communication, whenever I'm in bold it's OOC. I didn't want to make an OOC thread, and the code for grey is more time consuming to get on my phone than I thought, so if I'm in bold it's OOC. Spoilers were for things that only that character would know, but if it's causing confusion I'll probably move private things to PM's. You guys are free to follow that model or make your own, just so long as people understand who you're speaking as.


    The men develop a dark scowl at Tantrum's...tantrum. The elf does the same as Breach mentions her mark.

    "You are very outspoken. I sincerely hope that all your conversations with others do not go this roughly. Speak what you want, so that we can determine whether you should walk away or not."

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Tantrum doesn't stray far. She sets her ears to alert on gunfire within the building and will also be prepared to act should any of the others call for help. Meanwhile she just tries to clear her head.

    Regarding my level of uncouthness, I'll try to be more of an a-hole, though I think there are probably one or two people she would try to be on her best behavior around (like her cousin), emphasis on try.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    "Rough? You've got a strange concept of rough, lady. I roll with that Troll over there. Talking to her is rough. I'm a peach." Breach leans back slightly in his chair and nods over his shoulder towards the milling crowd of upper classmen out slumming for the day. "I want to get into the Barrens, but sneaking away from the guided tour seems a little...cheap. I'm sure there are better ways in without attracting the attention of Lone Star. I'm sure you have better ways in."

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @steelhawk Roll your Negotiation.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 9d6t5 for Negotiation

    Negotiation:
    9d6t5 5 [9d6t5=6, 1, 5, 1, 6, 6, 1, 5, 2]

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    The men relax their glares a bit, but the woman's face remains unchanged. "At least now we know why you wanted to speak with us. I must admit to being slightly disappointed; I had hoped that an approach as brash as yours would bring a more unusual request."

    She runs the back of her neck. "Now why should we help you?"

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Bauta looks to Blackfish and shrugs in confusion as Tantrum leaves. Attempting to reach her on her comm, he asks "What's the deal? Are these guys yakuza or some shit?"

Sign In or Register to comment.