Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp]Shadowrun - Bump in the Night

13638404142

Posts

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Breach leans forwards and makes a show of being conspiratorial. "Do you like coffee? Not this soycaf drek everyone drinks. But coffee. Good coffee. I've never had it myself, but I would really like to try some. You?"

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Bauta looks to Blackfish and shrugs in confusion as Tantrum leaves. Attempting to reach her on her comm, he asks "What's the deal? Are these guys yakuza or some shit?"

    "Close enough. Didn't stick around to make absolute. Native American version. Big enough deal that my 'associates' would have a shit-fit bout me fucking with them if it bounced back at them."

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    @Farangu
    Would I be able to use my Cascade Orcs knowledge skill to any effect in this situation. Like, have some cred, know some things?

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Her eyebrows raise slightly before quickly returning to their previous state.

    "If real beans were a thing I believed you could procur, then yes. But let's start with how you getting into Oakland helps to produce actual coffee."

    Anything that's not the truth will likely require a roll of some kind. You can type your response and the I can tell you which kind, or just put in a roll with it, and if it's the wrong skill just roll again.

    @Maclay You can always try!

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    "We can always fuck with them for you." Bauta responds hoping to lighten the mood.

    @Farangu , asked this earlier (sorry if I missed the answer): how much can Blackfish and I see of the booth? Is it just a pitch black corner for me?

    Egos on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Was that "You can always try!" intended for me?

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Farangu is racist. All you trolls look the same to him :)

    Egos on
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Relax. I got your back, that's what I'm paid for." Tantrum responds to Bauta. "Besides, now that I'm not doing the talking it should be fine. It's not like any of you would be stupid enough to spill the" she winces "beans about what illicit activity we might aim to be up to in Oakland, to the people that are probably running Oakland."

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @Brody Sorry, totally meant you.

    @Egos if you have a way of seeing in low-light, you can see what's happening.

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Geth roll 5d6t3 for is Halona a Native word.

    Well thats a typo if I've ever seen one, 0 success.

    is Halona a Native word:
    5d6t3 2 [5d6t3=1, 1, 4, 2, 4]

    Brody on
    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    "That is what I am searching for. I'm chasing a lead that brings me to Oakland. Obviously, I can't tell you more than that and it would be rude of you to prod. The beans are a problem for another day... one that I am sure the proper application of credit can solve."

    Breach likes to dance around the truth. If nothing else, the truth is easier to remember.

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    The woman's face relaxes.

    "If you are sure you want to forfeit the situation you have now, then we will revisit the point of beans at a later date. And with their absence, I think we will now broach the topic of credit."

    She leans back against the wall. "For each person that must enter and leave Oakland, you will give ¥1300. Payable now. You will be inserted into Oakland, and will be given a signal to use for when you want to leave. What say you?"

  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I will actively check our hardware for ease-dropping and look/sniff around a little for anything hinky in the bar's networks. Other than that I'm keeping quiet and letting the talkmeats have their talk-meet.

    JohnnyCache on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    "I say that's too much, and we both know that." Breach says with a smile, knowing how the game is played. "But before we start haggling, I'll need to talk to my team. And the first question they're going to ask is how will we be inserted and extracted? Secret tunnel? VTOL? And what assurances do we have that you won't leave us in the lurch when we call for you?"

    Standing up, Breach nods to the goons and smiles again at the elf woman..."Two more thing...what is your name, and what are you drinking?"

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    The woman leans forward, resting her chin on her hand. "We can attempt to haggle, if you must. Tell your people that my methods are secure, as that is all they need to know. As for assurances, well...you say you know how the game is played. You have my word at this point, should a deal be reached."

    A sly smile crosses her lips. "It is perhaps for the best that you do not assume too much. My name is Halona, and I drink what I will. I will see you shortly, runner."

    @Brody - Halona sounds like a Native word to you, although definitely not from the tribes around the Cascades.

    @JohnnyCache As soon as you entered Touristville you noticed the lack of infrastructure here. Going into Oakland proper will only make it worse.

    Oakland itself will bring Noise through static for Matrix related activities. You're fine in the bar though. Make your roll for checking your gear.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Breach will return to the group and relay everything that happened, checking the teams pulse to see if that is how they want to proceed.

    "I'm sure we can bring down that price." he says, motioning for the bartender. "but if its a no go, then the other option would be to join one of the tours and slip away at some point. And we'd have to extract ourselves. How much is that tour anyway, did anyone ask? It might be of value, whatever we decide with Halona, to take in the sights anyway."

    When the bartender arrives, he orders an Old Fashioned for himself and a Negroni for Halona. Taking the chance that she's not one for "fruity elf drinks"


    We have the address for Funranium Labs, right? Can we compare the tour routes to see of they pass that location? Or even if it comes close.

    Also, it occurs to me that maybe Blackfish should go Astral and see what's what with Halona and checkpoints and whatever else is out there?

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    You do have the address, but no-one has asked for any info about the tours. Presuming that the routes themselves are available, then yes, you could compare that quite easily. And even if they aren't, well...Dumah is right there.

    Blackfish already went astral to check out the lengths of the border, so you can either assume that the checkpoints will be similar, or she can perceive astrally outside and find out.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Tantrum has not reentered the bar, at least partially on principle, but as long as comms remain open she is listening.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Well...maybe one of the other players can do that then while it looks like Breach is still conferring with the group. I'm sure Halona has eyes on him/us. :)

  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 10d6t5 for matrix perception

    matrix perception:
    10d6t5 4 [10d6t5=2, 5, 5, 2, 2, 1, 3, 1, 5, 5]

  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    how does noise work if I'm working on nearby devices?

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    the tour signs were outside the bar, right? is there a clear "tour" person or anthing

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @JohnnyCache When you are affected by Noise, generally it's just a straight die penalty.

    You find yourself awash in Matrix signals in the bar; loads of relatively expensive and high rating commlinks. You see one in what you can only imagine is a back office, guessing from the building layout.

    As a lark, you take a peek at the corner Breach is coming from. Light cyber, no active commlinks.

    @Egos You don't see anything as crude as signage inside the bar; however, your links have been Ponting quite frequently with messages over the last few minutes. Checking the list, you see they're all from the name Safari Guide.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Do the messages give specific direcitons or like "do you want to know more?" or is it just vague "COME VISIT THE SAFARI GUIDE!" ?

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    As you open one of the messages, it unfurls with details about the safari. Route data is not among them; it mostly explains the rules of conduct on the bus, and acts as a very basic AD&D waiver.

    You do see the price listed pretty prominently: ¥3,000 each.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    "Safari's not an option..." Bauta says over his commlink "May actually end up losing money on tihs job instead of making it..."

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Are we cool with using Halona to enter the Barrens then? Should Breach go and negotiate a better fee?

    Also....how much money should we have now? Can someone point me to the post where @Farangu summed up our karma and cash rewards? I should spend some karma too...

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @Steelhawk in the OP is a link to a spreadsheet that should have accurate listings of everyone's gear, money & karma totals.

    Steelhawk
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "Halona sounds like the better option to me. But I may be a little biased."

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Tantrum laughs. It is not pleasant. "Aww, sweetie... Did you forget that some of us actually bothered to invest in NOT shitty ID? Tell you what. Compromise. You and the sewer mage go get yourself tickets on the Good Ship Human-Trafficking, heck we'll all chip in for a third spot we can call 'Potential Dwarf.' Meanwhile, those of us what can, just walk through the front door. Except drive. Because having wheels seems like a good idea and I don't see the border patrol just letting an empty van mosey on by.
    "Oh, by the way: Were you planning on paying these assholes twice or just going in and staying there until the job's done?"

    Brody
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Damn, shots fired

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Blackfish growls for a second, likely drawing more eyes than she had intended, before responding into the mic. "Sorry princess, didn't know you were worried about getting your hands dirty. Do you need us to bring a red carpet for you next time?"

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Darn, just noticed that Breach didn't actually ask that in character. Oh well.
    No one else can see it, but Tantrum is smiling. "Getting my hands dirty is what I do. I'm just not bout to throw over a grand down the drain, not for what they claim I'd be getting. Also, if you can't handle a little name-calling, in this line of work, maybe you should mention that in advance, yeah?"

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "I can handle just about any shit you think you've got. And I'm not the one that blew up in a potential contacts face and then stomped out of here like a petulant five year old."

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Glad to hear it. Now, given our little exchange here, can you say we would have been better off if I'd been the one to stick around and hash things out with a bunch of mobsters. I think the fact that I wasn't able to extricate myself politely speaks for itself."

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "Sure, and if you're done throwing a fit, maybe we can start working on a plan to get in and out safely, at least twice?"

    Just to be clear, I'm cool with every thing. But you mess with a homeless troll, you get the horns.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "For the record, I was throwing a Tantrum."

    Elvenshae
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    "Spirits willing I don't end up on a team with someone named Impulse Control in the future..."

    Brody on
    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Look, attitude aside, what I said stands. If you trust them not to stab you in the back, use them. And yeah, maybe just make it the one trip. Rest of us can handle any back and forth. But maybe we don't need to be in such a rush yeah?"

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    "My assumption would be they get us in and then see if we're retrieving anything of value worth taking...."

Sign In or Register to comment.