Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp]Shadowrun - Bump in the Night

13637383941

Posts

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Guess Bauta will head home also. If want to have a side thing with him, he can either search around for a boat (YES HE WANTS A BOAT!) or contact Mr.How. Or I can just sit back and relax and do nothing till action starts up

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Johnny makes a small tsk noise. "Don't go punching everything you see. You don't want to be in that mood if she decides to reach out to you. Friendly advice."

    He looks out the window. "Anything else you needed, or can I drop you off somewhere?"

    @Egos if you want something to happen, all you need to do is tell me you're making the call.

  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    hey guys, I'll finally be switching to local truck driving at the beginning of next month so I *should* have more time to devote to the game if'in you all want me back.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "No, I guess we're done." She sighs. "Goin' in in a couple days. Anything comes to mind before then, would be good to know. You can just drop me anywhere within marathon distance of home." Tantrum is on the verge of thanking her cousin, but finds it way too awkward to say the words. She settles for a partial smile and thumbs up as she exits the vehicle.

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Johnny smiles. "Can do. You take care of yourself out there." He then fiddles with his commlink, and the car pulls over. You step back out into the California sun, and the car drives off.

    if anyone else wants some story beats or to do some shopping now is the time, otherwise we'll skip ahead to the scheduled insertion time.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Do we want to insert everyone the same way at the same time? It sounds like we might be without wheels on the other side.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Breach has nothing, really, to buy yet and can't afford the karma cost on his group skills yet. So he's ready whenever the rest of team is...

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    IF @NotoriusBEN
    is gonna be back...that could change the approach drastically

    Egos on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Tuesday, March 22, 2078

    6:55 P.M.


    The group of you shift around in Frost's Bulldog. It's still cramped, even with the rigger not present. You all begin to focus on the tasks before you: getting two civilians out of Oakland, safe and sound. One is being held by the Ancients, and the other you have a vague clue on where they are. And you have 12 hours. Doable.

    You approach the meeting point that the Star officer mentioned. Sure enough, you see him standing in front of the fence line, waiting for you.

    As you begin to pile out of the van, he sizes the lot of you over. "You folks ready?"

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Geth roll 8d6t5 for Monday
    Geth roll 8d6t5 for Tuesday

    Monday:
    8d6t5 0 [8d6t5=2, 1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 1, 4]
    Tuesday:
    8d6t5 5 [8d6t5=5, 4, 6, 6, 2, 2, 5, 5]

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Okay, @Farangu has final say, but in the interest of expedience I'll leave my interpretation of these results here.

    Tantrum probably hadn't slept at all in almost 48 hours before her body finally gave out. As such she actually ended up getting a reasonable amount of sleep for a change (book says the insomnia test succeeds at 4, maybe I got my edge point back?). At any rate, my guess would be she has a bit more energy and is eager to get moving. Hopefully a bit less argumentative as well? She's caught everyone up on anything useful she learned from her meeting and presumably hasn't learned anything new in the interim.

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Yea you definitely slept and got your edge back Tuesday.

    Pinging the others: @Steelhawk @Egos @Brody @JohnnyCache

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Breach approaches the officer and nods. "Yeah, we're ready to rock and roll. What can you tell us about the Ancients? Why are they holding this kid? Runaway? Hostage?"

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Blackfish stands around at the back of the group, running over the spells she expected to need in her mind.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Bauta hangs in back near Blackfish and Tantrum. As he cracks his neck and stretches after being the van , he casually remarks to the two trolls
    "Ten to one odds says the Koshari intercept us on the way back."

    He says a bit too casually, he is curious if Tantrum agrees with his assessment.

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @Steelhawk The officer rolls his shoulders. "Ancients thought the kid came from big enough money that would make the act worth it. They figured wrong. This particular offshoot never was too bright. You shouldn't have too much problem with them. I hope."

    He pulled back a sheath of the fence, very cleverly cut to appear as if it was intact. "Right then! In you go, time's a wasting. You got 12 hours to get back here. You're not here, you're on your own."

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Tantrum slaps Bauta on the back "I like your optimism! Hey, random thought, we gotta maybe get two people from two places, what are we gonna do with Thing 1 while we grab Thing 2? Last one in enjoys fucking their closest blood relative on a regular basis." She pushes her way in.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Breach grins at Tantrum, "Stuff a sock in thier mouth and shove them in the back of the van? Lets make sure he's not corpse yet though. Let's so this..."

    I assume we got a bio on the kid? Name, picture, identifying marks? As well as the location of the Ancients hideout? If not, Breach demands that info before we go in.

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    You have the vitals of the kid, as well as a picture. The closest thing the officer could give you to a hideout is that remark that they do burnouts and races in the cemetery.

  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    I'm around. Work's been rough.
    I also don't have much to buy or upgrade so I'm kind of waiting for stuff to jump off.

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    If someone who isn't me would like to make that decision, I'll gladly follow their lead.

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I want to say get the kid first, because there is probably a better chance he'll actually want to leave, but then we might have to deal with picking up the second target while also dealing with any left over aggression from the Ancients.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Either way, we'd have someone in tow that might not want to be there. I'd lean towards get the kid out first because he might have some skills that could keep himself alive while we get the coffee-dwarf.

    Is the van waiting for us on the other side of the fence? The stuff the kid in the trunk trick might be doable? Its iffy though. Also, to be callous about it, the kid himself is not necessary just the proof of his death, right? So if he bites it, we still fulfill our deal. Do I understand that correctly?

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Also a chance the dwarf accidentally gets killed if we bring him to the Ancient thing...which wouldn't be good. If Holona and her gang actually look into the coffee thing because they are aware of it now.....

    If we get Ancients on our ass, we could always try and set up an ambush of sorts. Where enemy vs enemy face off

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Geth roll 9d6t5 for Seeing the Van

    If she doesn't see the van she calls Frost to see if he can bring it. Even if it is there and she just missed it.

    Seeing the Van:
    9d6t5 2 [9d6t5=4, 1, 4, 3, 1, 6, 3, 1, 6]

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    The Lone Star officer directed you to park the van inside a run-down shipping container not far from the fence gap; it may be a bit warm when you get back, but no-one will see it until you do.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    I think we thought that part was just a suggestion...
    "Twelve hours, two jobs and we're on foot. Gonna suggest we don't stand still too long. We doin' the kid first? Guess we should find that cemetery."
    Tantrum sets her ears for the kinds of clicks that would be associated with sniper rifles, landmines and the like. She's ready to move in whatever direction the others want to go.

    She has all her gear that might be useful in combat. She has her ski mask but isn't wearing it.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    "Lets move. Get the kid, maybe boost some wheels from the go-gang in the process and then go after the dwarf. Sounds like a plan to me." Breach agrees.

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    You set off towards the cemetery. As you walk, you see the remains of the city - some buildings in better condition than others, yes, but everything has an air of disrepair and neglect. Seeing buildings with missing walls is common, and several shanties are visible. Mostly orks & trolls greet you, with sullen, hopeless faces. They ignore you as they go about trying to scrounge a living.

    It takes your group about 45 minutes to hoof over to the cemetery. As you approach, you can hear multiple engines revving and roaring from that direction. It looks like the tip the cop gave you wasn't a bad lead.

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm going to try and summon a beast spirit, but I need a minute to find the rules again

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Magic + Summoning, opposed by twice the spirit's Force

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'll attempt a level 6 Beast Spirit. I checked just to remind myself what the importance of spirit force was, and it read to me as MAG+SUMMONING vs TARGET FORCE. Then drain is twice the resist hits.

    Geth roll 11d6t5 for Summoning check
    Geth roll 6d6t5 for Spirit's resistance check

    Summoning check:
    11d6t5 3 [11d6t5=4, 6, 2, 1, 5, 1, 4, 4, 2, 3, 5]
    Spirit's resistance check:
    6d6t5 4 [6d6t5=2, 4, 6, 6, 5, 6]

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 9d6t5 to resist drain

    8-[roll value] in Stun Damage.

    to resist drain:
    9d6t5 1 [9d6t5=1, 3, 1, 3, 4, 2, 6, 1, 4]

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I believe drain is just hits, not double hits? No spirit appears, regardless.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Tantrum is looking for a nearby, reasonably abandoned, somewhat elevated vantage point where they can get an overview of the area while remaining outside of any probable line of sight, should that be the course of action the team desires to take.

    Geth roll 9d6t5 for Perception, I guess

    Perception, I guess:
    9d6t5 3 [9d6t5=2, 1, 6, 3, 2, 3, 5, 5, 4]

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Breach also does some recon, trying to spot a) the target and b) anything they can use to their advantage.

    Geth, roll 8d6t5 for Percepting...

    Percepting:
    8d6t5 2 [8d6t5=3, 1, 3, 3, 5, 1, 5, 2]

  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    How's the bandwidth out here?

  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Sorry for the delay.

    @JohnnyCache - there's definitely a lack of signal here - two points of Noise.

    @Steelhawk - You look around, a bit unfocused at the moment. The graveyard is quite big, and you can't see the kid from where you currently are. A concrete low wall with metal fencing runs around the cemetery, although it is definitely patchy and has some holes in the perimeter.

    @Maclay - You see that to the immediate northwest of the cemetery is what remains of a country club. While there aren't any large buildings there, you spot some thick tree cover that could probably support some of you for an aerial view.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Tantrum relays the information to the team and gives them a questioning gesture. She waits to see what they want to do.

Sign In or Register to comment.