As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] [IC/OOC] Star Wars Force & Destiny: The Clone Wars [NEGOTIATIONS AT SARKA]

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    That is amazing.

The Sarkans are completely taken aback and as Dade returns to his side Dermond can clearly see that Gress'koz is offended by the notion that the Sarkans are ground predators. It was probably chasing the mouse that did it. Still, he knew he could use his brother's zealous performance to their advantage with some well-placed words...

So you failed the check but Dermond has those three blue dice he can use. The difficulty is 1 red and 1 purple.

• Options
    As an aside, I certainly did not expect full on interpretive dance for the first overture. I'm going to let you heal that one strain for free just for making me laugh like that, @Fuselage

Ball's in @DaMoonRulz 's court for this one, lol

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    How am I supposed to follow that?! Gonna need some time here

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Dermond was also taken aback by the performance, and after a slight pause in the conversation gave him time to shut his agape mouth, the Jedi noticed the slightly disgruntled look on Gress'koz's face. He would have to find a way to placate his host, and so he addressed no one in particular when commenting, "Ah, yes, the Corellian grass snake. A traditional symbol of courage and determination, on our home world. It will fight with every bit of strength it possesses against creatures several times its size to protect its home and younglings, and often succeed due to predators underestimating them."

He handed Dade his lightsaber and nodded approvingly, "With the growing threat of the Separatist movement may we all aspire to be like the noble Corellian Grass Snake."

At the time, Dade had suffered teasing from his brother for enrolling in Master T'edshawn's elective class to fill out his mandated learning and cultural appreciation requirement at the Academy, but using what he'd learned as a diplomatic opportunity vindicated himself. Dermond made a mental note to seek an audience with the Master in case they encountered other cultures that valued dance as a matter of protocol.

So Dermond is trying to charm Gress. Is there any reason why I wouldn't use all the boost dice? Do we keep them until we use them or only for a limited amount of time?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    You definitely want to use them all. The system is set up such that more success/advantage translates into better results. If you don't use the two from Dade they will fade into the aether.

• Options
    Geth, roll 3eA+3eB+1eD+1eC

3eA+3eB+1eD+1eC 3 successes [3eA=S/A, S/S, S] [3eB=S/A, -, -] [1eD=F/F] [1eC=Th/Th]

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    A fine roll! I'll have a post up soon.

• Options
    borat_great_success.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The pause that followed was a long one. Gress'koz looked thoughtful and then nodded. "You honor usss with such a... disssplay," the Sarkan said, his jeweled robes swishing. "Come, let us go inssside. I am sssure it will be more comfortable for you."

And with that the Jedi were taken across the bridge and down some stairs into what appeared to be a complex cave system that seemed to house a good portion of the actual city. As they walked Gress'koz pointed out several structures, explaining some of the history behind them. It was fascinating in its own way and filled the time as they walked, eventually winding their way to a large compound with several uniformed Sarkans walking patrols.

They passed by into the compound proper and immediately the two humans found themselves in more comfortable surroundings, some kind of waiting room with a wooden table, comfortable looking chairs, and a few pitchers of fluid, likely water and some local teas. It was also slightly cooler and significantly less humid. "The ambasssador will be by shortly," Gress'koz said, giving a respectful little bow. "Thank you again for that disssplay."

He stepped forward and shook Dermond's hand before exiting, his retinue in tow.

After a moment Dermond examined the little data stick the Sarkan had placed in his hand.

Three-eye, for his part, stood silent and motionless save for the click-click-zzt of his oculars swiveling around.

You appear to have been handed something discretely! What do you do?

Destiny Pool: 1 Light, 2 Dark

tags: @DaMoonRulz @Fuselage

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    The Jedi Master stood in front of his brother and the nanny droid and thought hard. Did Gress'koz not want his retinue to see the datastick, or did he not want my companions to see the datastick? He ran his thumb over the datastick as he pondered the current situation, Force guide me, he thought to himself as he turned to his companions, moved in close to Dade and revealed the device in his palm. "What are the chances this is just a recording of your stellar perfomance, brother?"

Dermond made no effort to hide his action from Three-eyes; he didn't fully trust the droid, but he didn't need the droid knowing that.
    Here's hoping I didn't fuck up completely!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Three-eye's bits stopped whirring and buzzing as he seemed to focus on the data stick. He said nothing but a tiny port discretely opened near his neck with a little click.

@DaMoonRulz @Fuselage

• Options
    The kind of click that says "Putting a datastick here will play the datastick"?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Very likely. You could, at your option, make a combined Perception roll (take the best of your Attribute/skill between you and make a roll off that) at 3 purple difficulty to see if your room is bugged before you did anything with the data stick.

• Options
    Meaning we combine our dice pool, or just the highest dice pool for one of us counts for both?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    So you'd use the highest bonus available to you. Highest willpower + highest perception. If your pools are identical one of you will just make a roll.

• Options
    Well, YG for me on Perception

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I can't see Dade's sheet from my work PC, what does he have in Perception? You can make a roll unless @Fuselage is online right now

• Options
    He's been out flying in a Choppa, so he's on his way back, but needs to get up to speed. He has 3 green in perception

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Alright, then the combined pool will be YGG--you can go ahead and roll it, 3 purple, and I'll post the next post after he gets a chance to weigh in on the data stick.
    You can also flip your last Destiny Point and upgrade one of those greens to a yellow (if you wish)

• Options
    Yeah, I wanna know if someone's listening, so I'll flip the Destiny Point to roll YYG

Geth roll 2eP+1eA+3eD

2eP+1eA+3eD 1 success, 2 threat [2eP=S/A, S] [1eA=S] [3eD=Th, F/Th, F/Th]

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Oooooo that's a fun roll :twisted:

• Options
    Threat is my Middle Name

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I'm all about this datastick and can't wait to analyze it. I'm okay with feeding it to the droid, the info may be timely.

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    So what's that roll tell me about the room?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Sorry about the short break. I'll have a post up tonight, possibly earlier.

Keep the suspense high :P

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The brothers swept the room and their suspicions were confirmed--the room was indeed bugged, though it was hard to tell based on the devices if it was audio, visual, or both, and they had been cleverly concealed in such a manner that disturbing them would definitely alert whoever was monitoring them. Still, eventually Dermond was sure they had swept the room thoroughly, and that they would now be safe from prying eyes and ears.

Feeling confident, the datastick was plugged into Three-eyes' chassis and a small holodisplay appeared on the droids arm. It appeared to be an older Sarkan, his robes clearly more extravagant and bejeweled than Gress'koz's had been.

"Master Jedi," the humanoid began, folding his hands, "I am Second Diplomat Selssra. I greet you and beseech you for aid, though it pains me to do so. The Sarkan people are in peril, and if this message reaches you too late, then I fear we might have already been betrayed. Things are not right at court. I... I wish I could offer more information but all I have are suspicions, and I--" There was a loud noise in the background of the recording, a banging. The Sarkan looked greatly distressed and he whispered into the recorder. "I am sorry. Please, please help us."

And with that the message ended.

tags: @DaMoonRulz @Fuselage

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Can I do a check to sense if he was being straight with me? Could be a trap!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I'll give you that one for free and say yes indeed, it is genuine

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    He looked up from the hologram to the Droid, "What do you think? Has there been any indication of strife, or likely sources uncovered, in all your research?" Dermond hoped that this was a threat entirely from within, because otherwise it probably had its roots with Dooku.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    "UNKNOWN," III said, the datastick ejecting from the port. "THE REPUBLIC ALLOWS THE SARKANS TO GOVERN THEMSELVES AS THEY WISH AND THEY LIMIT OUTSIDE ACCESS TO THIS PLANET."

• Options
    "I fear the influence of the Separatists at work here," he turned to Dade, "Be on your guard. We don't know who is working for whom at this point." The Jedi was hoping for a simple diplomatic mission, but as they say, if you want a simple life don't be a Jedi. "Any tricks up your sleeve, Three? Listening sensor suite?"

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    "I DO NOT POSSESS SLEEVES, JEDI MALO," III stated. "MY SYSTEMS DIAGNOSTICS ARE CLASSIFIED. SHALL I CONTACT THIS SECOND DIPLOMAT ON THE REPUBLIC'S BEHALF?"

At that the holodisplay mounted atop the central table flickered to life, displaying a droid this time--a more familiar protocol unit. "Hello! I am designated A3-M1. I am calling on behalf of the First Ambassador Delriss to confirm your meeting for dinner this evening. I trust the quarters have been to your liking?"

tags: @Fuselage @DaMoonRulz

• Options
    Fuselage is flying nights and our parents are visiting right now to bring a car back to Michigan, so he's a little tied up right now

"A3-M1, we would be honored to join First Ambassador Delriss for dinner. All of our accommodations have been excellent, thank you," he spoke toward the holodisplay, his arms behind his back as if they were clasped, but he was actually giving Three a discreet thumbs up to contact the second diplomat. Hopefully the droid had enough social awareness to use subterfuge in this situation.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    No worries. I have my table game tonight and family stuff tomorrow so I may throw up a post or I may not.

• Options
    :+1:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    I'm just the worst. For now Dade has just been watching and listening the appropriate amount.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    and choreographing

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Post delay for a few days. I've got some extracurriculars at work that will interfere from cranking posts out on the clock.

• Options
    :+1:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    The droid seemed pleased in that vague way that only 3P0 models could convey. "Very good sir. I shall inform the First Ambassador that you both will be in attendance." It leaned forward as though to disconnect the message and then started up. "Oh, dear me--the Ambassador also regretfully insists that your droid is to remain behind. I trust that will not be an inconvenience?"