As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pacific Rim 2 is dead, who cares about [movies] anymore

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    no, I stand by its placement

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    @FAQ i watched fatal deviation again last night

why aren't there any more irish kung fu movies and why aren't you out there fixing it?

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    speak of the devil I got my new debit card in the mail just now.

Weird, it's transparent green plastic.

No matter, I guess I can go to the movies when the fog lifts this afternoon.

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular

why aren't there any more irish kung fu movies and why aren't you out there fixing it?

I can't kick high enough

FAQ wrote: »

I can't kick high enough

useless

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Doing this flick chart thing

I Love You, Man vs. Choloate, with Johnny Depp

kaceyp
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Moment in Creed:
    At the very beginning, "What was his name?" Followed by the title card got me so hype. Even now I catch my breath thinking about it.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Rorshach KringleAndy JoeBobble
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The only good kubrik movie is the shining

Nah

The only good Kubrick movie is, in fact, A Clockwork Orange

And really that's because of Malcolm McDowell more than anything else

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I still think Full Metal Jacket is fantastic. 2001 is one of my top ... well, I'll go with 20 since I'm not sure if it's above top 10 or not.

TheStig
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Since I can't get time to go see Creed I watched Southpaw.

Southpaw was not necessarily a "boxing" movie but it was very good.

Very, very good.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Krampus ks WONDERFUL

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Fawst
    Like holy shit, if you like trick r treat you owe it to yourself to see this movie

Will give more thoughts when I get home

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • existexist Registered User regular
    Zonugal you weren't 15 in 8th grade

UmPiq.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    Zonugal you weren't 15 in 8th grade

WHATEVER!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    i mean he could've been fifteen in the eight grade

billy madison was like thirty in eigth grade

6vjsgrerts6r.png

ZonugalSorceBobble
    You guys should watch fatal deviation

I've never seen a kung fu movie with so much housework

Rorshach Kringle
    Ok so the best thing about trick r treat is that it embraces the holiday whole heartedly on a surface level, but it also is about the 'true spirit' of the holiday

No plot or specifics but theme spoilers below for trick r treat and kramous
    all the people who die in trick r treat are people who hurt innocents and children or people who abuse the trust of innocents and children. Halloween is a time that should be, primarily, safe and fun for kids, and its about a spirit who will do anything to protect that.

In krampus its about giving. Not presents, but giving of yourself, body and spirit. Those who do so are portrayed positively and those who dont poorly or punished. The whole film is about the main kid, max, seeing his family doing that repeatedly and realizing theyre not so bad.

you also realize this along with max, nearly every character is the worst at the beginning but all of them redeem themselves. Its amazingly well done

In addition you get great laughs, good creature design and a bunch of good scares.

And also, it HAD to be on purpose but the setup for the film is EXACTLY the same as
    home alone

Also I can't understand the tone issues people had with it, it's a marvelously consistent movie that builds on itself beautifully

Super, super good

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Drew gave it a C+. His biggest complaints were about the ending (he said a specific plot device that he hates, but didn't name so as not to spoil) and that the big problem was that it didn't explicitly set rules. Sounds like that's not much of an issue, though. Really can't wait to see that one.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I'm at the company holiday party for Washington Federal.

Lot of fancy dressed bankers here.

Just waiting for Alan Rickman to show up.

FawstBobble
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I wanted this to be clean. Professional. But your Mr. Zonugal didn't see it my way, so now he won't be joining us for the rest of his life.

Grey Ghost on
    chiasaur11
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So I'm at the company holiday party for Washington Federal.

Lot of fancy dressed bankers here.

Just waiting for Alan Rickman to show up.

Bubby!

Zonugal
    Hey babe, I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast. I think I can handle this Eurotrash. 

Raijin QuickfootQanamil
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    He's still alive.

Only Zon could drive someone that crazy.

ZonugalLuvTheMonkeyWeedLordVegeta
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I just watched under the skin, I thought it was weird but good

2x39jD4.jpg
    I am buying that

EtchwartsZonugalRorshach KringleRaijin Quickfoot
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Hey movie thread maybe here I can find acceptance on spending way too much on this print?
    OH0nM5W.jpg
    S0AdD7H.jpg6RUUD3i.jpg1HpSfeI.jpg

Entirely too much

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    QanamilNeoTomaSorcejkylefultonLasbrookMoth 13GustavCimmeriiDarkPrimusDimosarwanderingFAQRinderAngelinaFawstSolarBaroque And RollmasterofmetroidmiscellaneousinsanityAndy JoeTransporterStiltsFishmanWeedLordVegetapooka
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I am buying that

"Limit one per customer"

wandering
    Joolander wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I am buying that

"Limit one per customer"

Are you telling me that
    There can be only one

AtomicTofuEtchwartschiasaur11wanderingBobbleWeedLordVegeta
    That was the joke, yes

Blackbird SR-71C
    What the fuck are jokes

A miserable pile of one-liners

SorceA Dabble Of Thelonius
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    A miserable pile of one-liners

But enough talk… Have at you!

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    @No Great Name

Very nice, I actually have the non foil version of that and really should get it framed.

No Great Name
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    @No Great Name

Very nice, I actually have the non foil version of that and really should get it framed.
    Nice.
    Only have this because the owner needed money for vet bills. Also because I desperately needed it.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    Lasbrook
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i saw maleficent

i don't think it was good but i didn't see what there was about it that inspired the level of vitriol i've seen some people sling at it

A Dabble Of TheloniusFencingsaxEmporium
    i saw maleficent

i don't think it was good but i didn't see what there was about it that inspired the level of vitriol i've seen some people sling at it

I think that's at least partially because it was the cliche "No, [Villain] was really sympathetic and had a tragic backstory" nonsense applied to the villain who needed it least. Maleficent isn't a tragic hero.

Maleficent is someone who decided to murder a baby over not getting a shower invite, and then laughed about it. She's Aaron from Titus Andronicus, full on "Oft have I digg'd up dead men from their graves, and set them upright at their dear friends' doors, even when their sorrows almost were forgot; and on their skins, as on the bark of trees, have with my knife carved in Roman letters, 'Let not your sorrow die, though I am dead.'" but the film replaces it with "No, she's just misunderstood and this is the REAL story."

It's boring and pretty much one of the default templates for "Reimagining" these days, so if someone liked the old school setup, I can see why it would irk them so much.

StraightziDarkPrimusFencingsaxmasterofmetroidwanderingRainfallStilts
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    God Aaron is so fucking cold I love that monologue

Qanamilchiasaur11wanderingDrCongo
This discussion has been closed.