As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pacific Rim 2 is dead, who cares about [movies] anymore

1457910100

Posts

  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Started watching the American Death at a Funeral but stopped pretty quickly because wow they really did just recreate that thing exactly scene for scene, for some reason.

    So now I'm watching Titan A.E.

    Fencingsax
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I like titan a e

    Let me know how it holds up!

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Uriel Creed is an amazing movie you should absolutely see if you have the chance. Wife liked Krampus but I haven't seen it.

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I might have time to see both tomorrow.

    It depends on how bad my head hurts, given that I can't have caffeine for 24 hours prior to Thursday morning.

  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Who else is ready to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip on the 18th

    Boy oh boy its the release of the season

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    FawstRorshach KringleDyvim Tvar
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Yo what the fuck is up with those movies

    I swear to god it shouldn't be that hard to not have chipmunks sing songs about sex metaphors

  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    heh


    hard

    HermanoZonugal
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Krampus fuckin rules

    Fawst
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    That's not such a big deal, my mummy was also a woman. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

    Boooooooooooo!

    no you are thinking of ghosts.

    aGPmIBD.jpg
    Hermano
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I like titan a e

    Let me know how it holds up!

    It holds up well. Some dodgy CGI, but it was one of the first things that properly got me into sci-fi, and I still like it a lot.

    ChincymcchillaQanamilLalabox
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I like titan a e

    Let me know how it holds up!

    It holds up well. Some dodgy CGI, but it was one of the first things that properly got me into sci-fi, and I still like it a lot.

    Maybe I'll take a trip to planet bob this weekend

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    RMS Oceanic
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    New thread title :+1::+1:

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




    Etchwarts
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I'm sad that Creed doesn't come out until the 10th of January over here

    Hermano
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have got to figure out a way to see Creed!

  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Who else is ready to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip on the 18th

    Boy oh boy its the release of the season

    Man, I feel bad for any movie going up against the Chipmunks. What could possibly compare to that majesty?

    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    FCD wrote: »
    Who else is ready to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip on the 18th

    Boy oh boy its the release of the season

    Man, I feel bad for any movie going up against the Chipmunks. What could possibly compare to that majesty?

    Sisters starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler

  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I have got to figure out a way to see Creed!

    @Raijin Quickfoot There's a showing at 9:55 at the Lakes 12 Theatre. Do it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I wonder what it's like to have the studio tell you that they're putting your movie up against Star Wars.

    They're essentially telling you that your movie is dead. They are marching it out to watch it's grisly death because they have to release something and they value yours the least so it's getting the murder-slot.

    Though I suppose you could at least take some comfort in that your movie bombed "because" it came out the same day as Star Wars, as opposed to bombing on any other day.

  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    I wonder what it's like to have the studio tell you that they're putting your movie up against Star Wars.

    They're essentially telling you that your movie is dead. They are marching it out to watch it's grisly death because they have to release something and they value yours the least so it's getting the murder-slot.

    Though I suppose you could at least take some comfort in that your movie bombed "because" it came out the same day as Star Wars, as opposed to bombing on any other day.

    Counter-programming can be remarkably successful, done properly. Sisters has a decent shot of doing so; it doesn't need to make a whole lot to get its budget back, and it's not really chasing the Star Wars audience. Alvin's probably hosed. Star Wars has too much appeal to kids.

    Hermano
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    And.

    If you have the money. You can see more than one movie.

  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Warcraft was originallly supposed to be out in December, iirc

  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    And.

    If you have the money. You can see more than one movie.
    While true I would imagine, statistically, people seeing two New movies in one weekend is a pretty rare thing

    CYpGAPn.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I have got to figure out a way to see Creed!

    @Raijin Quickfoot There's a showing at 9:55 at the Lakes 12 Theatre. Do it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg

    I'm in bed at 9:55!!!

  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I have got to figure out a way to see Creed!

    @Raijin Quickfoot There's a showing at 9:55 at the Lakes 12 Theatre. Do it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg

    I'm in bed at 9:55!!!

    Is that when the orderlies call lights out, grandpa?

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I have got to figure out a way to see Creed!

    @Raijin Quickfoot There's a showing at 9:55 at the Lakes 12 Theatre. Do it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg

    I'm in bed at 9:55!!!

    Is that when the orderlies call lights out, grandpa?

    After my ovaltine I just can't keep my eyes open.

  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I have got to figure out a way to see Creed!

    @Raijin Quickfoot There's a showing at 9:55 at the Lakes 12 Theatre. Do it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg

    I'm in bed at 9:55!!!

    Just take some Caffeine Pills. Everyone's doing it!

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




    Straightzi
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    And.

    If you have the money. You can see more than one movie.
    While true I would imagine, statistically, people seeing two New movies in one weekend is a pretty rare thing
    You could see the other movie the following week!

    Opening weekend is not the only weekend.

    Donovan Puppyfucker
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I have got to figure out a way to see Creed!

    @Raijin Quickfoot There's a showing at 9:55 at the Lakes 12 Theatre. Do it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg

    I'm in bed at 9:55!!!

    Just take some Caffeine Pills. Everyone's doing it!

    I've seen that episode of Saved By the Bell. I know better.

    FawstFCDCentipede DamascusZonugal
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Raijin Quickfoot Do you have Fox Sports 1? PBC is on tonight, Live, at 8 Central

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Warcraft was originallly supposed to be out in December, iirc

    Yup. As soon as SW was announced they got the hell out of the way.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Warcraft was originallly supposed to be out in December, iirc

    Yup. As soon as SW was announced they got the hell out of the way.

    So at least someone was paying attention because that is a subsumed demographic right there.

    Also, American Death at a Funeral was somehow funnier to me because it is the exact same movie. With one actor playing the exact same part. I wonder what the audition process for that was.

  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Warcraft was originallly supposed to be out in December, iirc

    Yup. As soon as SW was announced they got the hell out of the way.

    So at least someone was paying attention because that is a subsumed demographic right there.

    Also, American Death at a Funeral was somehow funnier to me because it is the exact same movie. With one actor playing the exact same part. I wonder what the audition process for that was.

    Probably pretty boring:

    "We're remaking Death at a Funeral. Want to reprise your role?"

    "OK."

    Poorochondriacchiasaur11Raijin QuickfootBlankZoeDonovan Puppyfucker
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Huh. Over the top Asian lady driver joke in Gone In 60 Seconds.

    b1ehrMM.gif
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Who else is ready to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip on the 18th

    Boy oh boy its the release of the season

    My dad took my 4 year old son to see the Peanuts movie over the weekend, and they saw the trailer for this. As soon as it was over my son turns to my dad and says, "Gampa, Alvin and the Chipmunks is pretty ridiculous. "

  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    You know what dumb parody movie is actually pretty good?

    ztqfLkl.jpg?1

    Centipede DamascusGreasyKidsStuff
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    And.

    If you have the money. You can see more than one movie.

    Fuck you say?

    wandering
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    No he said if you have the money you can see more than one movie

    PNk1Ml4.png
    Blake T
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man the actual fight scenes in Highlander are awful

    KwoaruDyvim Tvar
This discussion has been closed.