As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout 4] Playstation 4 Mods have been uncancelled??????

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The best tactical application of the atomic turd that I have figured out is leading a bunch of enemies down a road packed with cars and dropping the deuce on the run

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    #pipe wrote: »
    CREATION KIT ANNOUNCED

INTEGRATED MOD SYSTEM NOW IN OPEN BETA ON PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdGr8MH4pPU

OFFICIALLY LAUNCHING ON XBone IN MAY & PS4 IN JUNE

Ok, this'll probably get me back into the game. My eyes lit up when I saw 'Hammering be gone'

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    what do y'all think the odds are of Obsidian getting another crack at the franchise?

cuz goddamn do i want that to happen real, real bad

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    After getting financially screwed due to metascore shenanigans I doubt they'd want to deal with Betheseda again.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    knitdan wrote: »
    After getting financially screwed due to metascore shenanigans I doubt they'd want to deal with Betheseda again.

What?
    Never mind, I reminded myself. That was pretty fucked.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Far Harbour releasing soon, and some dude from it named "Old Longfellow" dropped into Fallout Shelter.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    people are still playing Fallout Shelter?

man, it was fun, but it got boring soon after all the progression was done.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    people are still playing Fallout Shelter?

man, it was fun, but it got boring soon after all the progression was done.

They added crafting to it. It's also suuuuper passive play.

• Options
    if it wasn't for the fact that I already uninstalled it twice, and have other games that are enthralling me, I might have picked it up again for the crafting.

ah well.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    There's a Barbershop room that lets you change hair at low levels and do some more physical changes (Tatoos, age lines, ect) at higher levels.

It's allowed me some sweet revenge.
    Screenshot_2016-05-18-21-49-20_zpsmqsemwta.png

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of freaking out about this fanart

OR6mbuw.png

It's a pitch perfect Norman Rockwell tribute, fyi

$_3.JPG?set_id=2

• Options
    Guys Far Harbour is a fucking HUGE dlc

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Guys Far Harbour is a fucking HUGE dlc

Is that because of all the tea in the harbour?

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    You must mean Faaaah Haaaahbaah

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I hate Nick as a companion. Story wise? Top notch. Actual usefulness? D-. Try to get him to hack a terminal? Nope, fail. In combat, he will empty a clips upon clips at enemies when they're far enough away that he has zero chance to hit. Up close? Nope. Nothing. Enemies walk past him like he's not even there, because he effectively isn't. I'd be hard pressed to prove he's killed anything in combat. Ever. I can be vaguely sure he's hit things before, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Far Harbor is great though, guys. If anyone hasn't picked it up and is interested, it's been fantastic for me so far.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    oh is it already out, I hadnt realized

I should go install it then

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Derrick wrote: »
    I hate Nick as a companion. Story wise? Top notch. Actual usefulness? D-. Try to get him to hack a terminal? Nope, fail. In combat, he will empty a clips upon clips at enemies when they're far enough away that he has zero chance to hit. Up close? Nope. Nothing.

Isn't that all companions, though?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    This "using mods disables achievements" nonsense is some garbage. I mean I don't super care about achievements anyway but it's a pretty stupid policy change for a game that prides itself on having mods.

Having fun getting back into this though, did the robutt dlc and about to check out Far Harbor.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    I hate Nick as a companion. Story wise? Top notch. Actual usefulness? D-. Try to get him to hack a terminal? Nope, fail. In combat, he will empty a clips upon clips at enemies when they're far enough away that he has zero chance to hit. Up close? Nope. Nothing.

Isn't that all companions, though?

danse and strong(when he has armor and a good melee) are both terrifying murder machines

piper can lockpick most anything

marie is useful all around

the main problem with companions is that you either get one that has some useful skill that you need, and they are absolutely trash at combat OR they can do smashy/shooty things and nothing else

the inability to actually upgrade them unless you have a limitless supply of ammo was a huge mistake

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Once I unlock the companions perk I go looking for the next companion. Although you can turn a robot companion into a pretty decent death machine with Automatron.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah robots are nutsy fucko in automaton. They can take on anything.

• Options
    it feels like robits were their answer to the complaints of weak/unupgradeable companions

• Options
    I dunno I remember Strong doing a lot of standing and staring at me while we got shot at from every direction until his health depleted, kind of like Skyrim and Fallout 3 and Oblivion

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I dunno I remember Strong doing a lot of standing and staring at me while we got shot at from every direction until his health depleted, kind of like Skyrim and Fallout 3 and Oblivion

strong smash

give him the battle axe or rocket hammer and he murders stuff

prior to heavy armor though? he is rubbish

bring back boone gatdangit

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    MacCready was really great in my game
    Strong was worthless
    Piper and Nick and Deacon had great stories but were kinda whatever in combat

• Options
    I could have given him a vorpal scimitar of unrelenting punishment and it wouldn't do any good if the goddamn idiot just stands in one place staring at me while some raider unloads into the back of his dome until he falls over

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I've always just seen companions as walking, talking backpacks

godmode on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

strong smash

give him the battle axe or rocket hammer and he murders stuff

prior to heavy armor though? he is rubbish

bring back boone gatdangit

Boone for best companion ever. Even with Perception at 10 and pretty much everything in the game over-levelled (and wearing the beret), he was still headshotting stuff I had no idea was even there. I had him and ED-E as my companions and I never had to worry about repairing my sniper rifle...

• Options
    MrBrickMrBrick Underneath pub furniture.Registered User regular
    This "using mods disables achievements" nonsense is some garbage. I mean I don't super care about achievements anyway but it's a pretty stupid policy change for a game that prides itself on having mods.

Having fun getting back into this though, did the robutt dlc and about to check out Far Harbor.

You can fix the achievements thing.

With a mod.

• Options
    Are achievements turned off only as long as you have mods activated, or does that turn them off for the duration of that character's save even if you turn mods back off??

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Blah... I might be done for a while. I just lost about an hour's progress from getting killed by a legendary super mutant (Survival mode). I got him with a sneak attack, critical head shot (TWICE) dropped two grenades on him, and 2 regular attacks, and he still one shots me while I was in VATS. I was buffed with psycho the whole time.

Fuck man. I mean, I know it's Survival, but when's it my turn to be cool?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    You gotta save sometimes bro

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah...going an hour without saving in a Bethesda game? Braver than I.

• Options
    I bound one of the buttons on my mouse to quicksave and I tap that button all the time, even though my auto save interval is five minutes.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    so I haven't played this for a while because I was getting grumpy about certain design decisions

is survival mode any good? because I hated how FO4's harder difficulties were balanced, and to resort to modding to make them better
    also, how are the DLCs?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Survival is very different and balls hard

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    awesome, I'll give it a download after I install my new PSU

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Automatron is a decent short story with a bunch of cool extra stuff

Wasteland Workshop added some cool extra building options and a handful of gameplay stuff I'll probably never use.

Far Harbour is really good. A huge amount of story with some really interesting new characters, a bunch of cool new weapons ands armour, some new building stuff and a MASSIVE new area to explore filled with new weird monsters.

• Options
    Automatron is super worthwhile if you like crafting but not if you're looking for a bunch of content. I love crafting robutts so it was great for me, but if you just want new stuff to play it's no bueno.

• Options
    I probably spent most of my time doing settlement stuff, as well as weapon + armor crafting

so making robots sounds like crack to me

Miss me? Find me on: