As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fallout 4] Playstation 4 Mods have been uncancelled??????

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    what does that even mean?

edit: and also where did you hear that?

it in bethesda's article:
    Bethesda wrote:
    Mod support will come to Skyrim first. We and Sony have worked hard to make this possible. Mods on PlayStation 4 will allow you to modify and create your own content by using our Creation Kit available here. You will not be able to upload external assets with your PlayStation 4 mods, but you will be able to use any assets that come with the game, as most mods do.

Essentially you cannot upload new models or textures (to prevent Dicktitty Dragons, etc), but you can create modified versions of existing assets (new sword stats, characters repurposed for custom quests, etc.).

I really wanted a new radio with a ton of new music so this bums me out. Also no new skyboxes or textures :(

Devlin_Dragonus
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    Saitaima is fun to play. Unarmed is good times.

I guess the toughness perk is garbage, mathematically, but I will be worth it if I can be tough enough to wear just the undershirt and blue jeans, and not need any armor.

I'm close, with toughness, life giver, rooted, moving target and blitz, iron fist, sneak, and something else I'm sure I'm forgetting.

At level 32, I'm killing a lot of things with one punch, man!

more games need to make unarmored/unarmed characters viable

the one thing I really miss from FO3 is obliterating enemies with my bare fists
    power fists just don't feel as satisfying

I like old school rpgs that make unarmed, unarmored monks crazy inconsistent glass cannons that can unleash massive damage and... maybe die, but sometimes not?

my favorite FO3 character had a 10 endurance and punched things to death

it was pretty funny eating a full clip while calmly walking toward an enemy, before decapitating them with a punch

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Donovan PuppyfuckergodmodeCaulk Bite 6
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular

Bethesda wrote:
    Mod support will come to Skyrim first. We and Sony have worked hard to make this possible. Mods on PlayStation 4 will allow you to modify and create your own content by using our Creation Kit available here. You will not be able to upload external assets with your PlayStation 4 mods, but you will be able to use any assets that come with the game, as most mods do.

Essentially you cannot upload new models or textures (to prevent Dicktitty Dragons, etc), but you can create modified versions of existing assets (new sword stats, characters repurposed for custom quests, etc.).

I really wanted a new radio with a ton of new music so this bums me out. Also no new skyboxes or textures :(

my favorite mod is WRVR, so, I would be pretty mad if I was a ps4 owner.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    And an automatic scrap option when I put junk into my workshop.

this is in the vanilla game fyi

Sorry, what? I'm pretty sure he means an option that reduces an item to all its constituent parts without the player having to remove the item, drop it, and manually scrap it.

Yeah, the base game does this for junk that's placed in the workshop.

Only when you're actively using them. There's no way to hit a button and have your junk drawer just be full of screws, steel, adhesive, etc.

Yes, this is what I want

I want putting junk into the workshop to automatically scrap it into its components

You know, when you are in workshop mode, and you scrap a weed trimmer or a charcoal grill, and its turn it into steel and screws and whatever

I want the game to do that to all the junk I put in my workshop

So it's easier to transport crafting supplies

Right now, if I need parts to make a machine gun turret at, say Oberlin Station

1.I take a picture of the TV on my phone, which I use like a shopping list,
    2. warp back to the Red Rocket outside of Sanctuary,
    3. Go into workshop mode and look through the junk section to find things that have those components, take those items
    4. Warp back to Oberlin Station
    5. Go into the workshop, put that junk in there
    6. Finally make the turret.

It's a pain

I know that supply chain perk can make it so your workshops share inventory, but it's deep on the charisma tree, I think, and its a pain to actually set up.
    6 cha and it is as easy as assigning a person to farming or whatever.

Yeah, I know, but I have 3 charisma

And this is a mods on PS4 pipe dream

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod

Bethesda wrote:

fuck you just reminded me, I need to get around to making my Six String Samurai mod for Fallout 4.

8406wWN.png
    #pipeDouglasDangerCaulk Bite 6
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    And an automatic scrap option when I put junk into my workshop.

this is in the vanilla game fyi

Sorry, what? I'm pretty sure he means an option that reduces an item to all its constituent parts without the player having to remove the item, drop it, and manually scrap it.

Yeah, the base game does this for junk that's placed in the workshop.

Only when you're actively using them. There's no way to hit a button and have your junk drawer just be full of screws, steel, adhesive, etc.

Yes, this is what I want

I want putting junk into the workshop to automatically scrap it into its components

You know, when you are in workshop mode, and you scrap a weed trimmer or a charcoal grill, and its turn it into steel and screws and whatever

I want the game to do that to all the junk I put in my workshop

So it's easier to transport crafting supplies

Right now, if I need parts to make a machine gun turret at, say Oberlin Station

1.I take a picture of the TV on my phone, which I use like a shopping list,
    2. warp back to the Red Rocket outside of Sanctuary,
    3. Go into workshop mode and look through the junk section to find things that have those components, take those items
    4. Warp back to Oberlin Station
    5. Go into the workshop, put that junk in there
    6. Finally make the turret.

It's a pain

I know that supply chain perk can make it so your workshops share inventory, but it's deep on the charisma tree, I think, and its a pain to actually set up.
    6 cha and it is as easy as assigning a person to farming or whatever.

Yeah, I know, but I have 3 charisma

And this is a mods on PS4 pipe dream

Since this your mod isnt anything that would require any external additions or resources, it wouldnt be too out there to get something like that made.

hell if you have the know how, it probably wouldn't be too difficult achieve.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Really the number one mod I want is to up the amount of shit I can build in a settlement which should be an easy thing. I like building settlements.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    There's a mod on the Nexus right now that lets you put a "scrap beacon" in a container, which then calls a settler to pickup everything in that container and deliver it to a settlement of your choice

that might make it over to the PS4 since it only uses ingame assets

Devlin_Dragonus
    edited October 2016
    I need to do something subtle to my red rocket base. Maybe just an apartment built on to the back of it.

Huh, check out this guy using rugs to put things places.

https://youtu.be/PCaQCSrKuu4

DouglasDanger on
    Caulk Bite 6
    Hmmm...

Yeah, I think Saitaima might work on his charisma and become a local leader.

Here's a ton of settlement tips.
    https://youtu.be/ZHXyvDC3InM

Caulk Bite 6TamDevlin_Dragonus
    edited October 2016
    Wow, so I took down the Institute, sided with the Railroad

Man was that a dumb conclusion
    Patriot was right
    To write me a nasty letter
    What a dick move it was to blow up the Institute. I mean, yeah, the android slavery was wrong, a lot of their stuff was evil mad scientist stuff, but surely the player character could have changed their culture or just taken over!

Blowing it up was dumb.

Also, I bought all the DLC

And Saitaima killed his first becometh with consecutive normal punches, while wearing puncturing knuckles.

DouglasDanger on
    TamCaulk Bite 6
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Consecutive Punch Man doesn't have the same ring to it

DouglasDangerCaulk Bite 6
    Consecutive normal punches is a combo or something from OPM, fam

Caulk Bite 6
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Wow, so I took down the Institute, sided with the Railroad

Man was that a dumb conclusion
    Patriot was right
    To write me a nasty letter
    What a dick move it was to blow up the Institute. I mean, yeah, the android slavery was wrong, a lot of their stuff was evil mad scientist stuff, but surely the player character could have changed their culture or just taken over!

Blowing it up was dumb.

Oh god, this.
    If you give the player the ability to join the Institute, lead it, for the love of fuck let the player try to change it

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Donovan Puppyfucker
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Finally getting back in and playing the season pass content.

Vault Workshop is a good new settlement area, some nice stuff in there, I just wish to god someone would actually explain how awesome the stuff is when you get it.
    ex. Vault floors, walls, ceilings, and prefabs conduct electricity. So you stick a Vault Conduit on one wall, hook up a generator to it, and 30 walls later (as long as they're all snapped together in an unbroken chain) you can slap a Vault Conduit on it and light up a room. And the Vault itself has a 150 pwr generator in it already.

Nuka World is a pretty big expansion.

Wasteland Workshop has a water purifier pump that pumps water out a well or something. It's great. It doesn't need to be put in water, like the purifiers. I can finally have people at the Red Rocket!

Caulk Bite 6
    edited October 2016
    The gameplay is amazing in Fallout 4, and the graphics are pretty good, but man is the main storyline just "OK" most of the time and really dumb some of the time.

Lots of the smaller stories are good though.

I hope the writing is better in Far Harbor and/or Nuka World.

DouglasDanger on
    Caulk Bite 6
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    i still never went to the Glowing Wastes or whatever

that was as far as I got in the story

6F32U1X.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Fallout 4's story is the most Bethesdaest of all Bethesdas

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Yeah I get the feeling that I did it right, cause catching Kellog was basically the end of the main quest for me, and I just went off and did side stuff forever

6F32U1X.png
    Caulk Bite 6
    edited October 2016
    I wish there was a chance for an Obsidian? New Vegas type side thing with the Fallout 4 engine.

The gun stuff was neat in there, but I am equally engrossed in the unarmed combat stuff.

DouglasDanger on
    Nuka World breaks the Bethesda record for going from introduction to a group to leading it.

Caulk Bite 6DouglasDanger#pipe
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Nuka World breaks the Bethesda record for going from introduction to a group to leading it.

Is it something along the lines of "hey you look trustworthy, what with blood dribbling off your chin, uncertain and not disconcerting at all stain patterning on your clothes! Wanna be in charge? I'll take that manic glint in your eye to be a yes!"?

jnij103vqi2i.png

Is it something along the lines of "hey you look trustworthy, what with blood dribbling off your chin, uncertain and not disconcerting at all stain patterning on your clothes! Wanna be in charge? I'll take that manic glint in your eye to be a yes!"?

You hop on the train and get stuck in a raider gauntlet at the end of the ride, and at the end of the gauntlet is a dude in suped up power armor. Before you go out to fight him a guy offers to help you out. When you kill the boss the guy immediately declares that you're the Overboss now, and only then do they introduce you to the situation in Nuka World and the factions that you're now leading.

Which is a coalition of three gangs that want you to lead them in taking over the rest of the park and then the Commonwealth.

Or you can shoot them all and turn it into a trader community.

So, short answer, yes.

Caulk Bite 6NightDragon
    Wow

Hmmm...

Yeah, I think Saitaima might work on his charisma and become a local leader.

Here's a ton of settlement tips.
    https://youtu.be/ZHXyvDC3InM

This video makes me want to play the game again, holy crap.

Also i loved his Preston solution at the end of the vid.

Caulk Bite 6DouglasDangerTam
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    It does make more sense than some other Bethesda leadership titles, though. It's fairly obvious that the gangs can't choose a leader of their own because the other two gangs would start a civil war over any pick. Meanwhile, a wastelander tough enough to take out the current boss is as good a compromise candidate as any.

But more to the point, the gangs all make it clear that you're only leader as long as you deliver. If you fuck up, you're just the next in line.

Aistan
    Scooter wrote: »
    It does make more sense than some other Bethesda leadership titles, though. It's fairly obvious that the gangs can't choose a leader of their own because the other two gangs would start a civil war over any pick. Meanwhile, a wastelander tough enough to take out the current boss is as good a compromise candidate as any.

But more to the point, the gangs all make it clear that you're only leader as long as you deliver. If you fuck up, you're just the next in line.

So, it's an eventual settlement with quest lines

jnij103vqi2i.png

Oh I agree, it's just funny because of what's become the standard Bethesda formula for making the player the leader of any guild/group they become a part of.

There's a settlement in there, but you don't do any settlement building with the raiders in the expansion until you go out of Nuka-World and take over settlements in the Commonwealth. Because the settlement that's part of the park is gated off until you finish one of two quests.
    I'm probably going to kill all the raiders before that because it immediately makes some people, Preston, try to kill you when you take over any settlements for the raiders.
    The questline past taking over the park seems better suited to people who don't do any settlement building beforehand.

There's a settlement in there, but you don't do any settlement building with the raiders in the expansion until you go out of Nuka-World and take over settlements in the Commonwealth. Because the settlement that's part of the park is gated off until you finish one of two quests.
    I'm probably going to kill all the raiders before that because it immediately makes some people, Preston, try to kill you when you take over any settlements for the raiders.
    The questline past taking over the park seems better suited to people who don't do any settlement building beforehand.

I kind of meant do raider quests for xp and giggles, then kill them all

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Saitaima is going through a phase after the patriot stuff.

He's wearing black frame sunglasses, road leathers, and he dyed all his armor black.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've been thinking about getting back into this
    I fell off it real hard pretty early, but I've gotten the itch to at least go through the rest of Nick Valentine's stuff

Raiders are the complete antithesis of the Minutemen, @Caulk Bite 6

Raiders are the complete antithesis of the Minutemen, "Caulk Bite 6"

I'm... Not sure why you felt the need to specify that, given the topic.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    so I hear that Nuka World doesn't affect the main story

which makes me sad

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Far Harbor seems neat.

Oh shit there's a lever action rifle in here

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    I guess there's a sale on steam? I haven't played this in like a year... Are any of the expansions good?

• TamTam Registered User regular
    playing a new character for the dlc
    It irks me knowing I'm going to side with the Railroad but how fucking stupid that ending is

NightDragon
    I made the... decision, to buy this game on the PS4, then the PC, and.. look there was a sale for the Xbox One version of the game and they have mods support so....

So not only do i have to fight my indecision i get when playing these types of games (I still haven't Elder scrolls III IV V or Fallout New Vegas) but now i dont know which play through to beat the game on.

I may do a Brotherhood on one, Railroad on another and Institue on the 3rd.