Do we have anyone here whom can read Chinese?

majanzmajanz Registered User regular
edited December 2015 in Help / Advice Forum
The Chinese are really really obsessed with President Obama - these are just a couple of 'Obama themed' pictures I snapped over in the Middle Kingdom.

But of course I can't read a word of it...

Can anyone here read these? Or feel free to just make something up. :biggrin:

hpd0fgbq62kt.jpg

4xdaka44tcwp.jpg

majanz on

• majanzmajanz Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    And then there's this one... I'm kind of afraid to know what it's saying...

5mgkfv0r03c6.jpg

majanz on
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    @Quid maybe?

PSN: jfrofl
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Can't help you on the T-shirt. I can't read handwritten Chinese worth a damn.

The marquee is for a leasing hotline. You won't go wrong listing here! Once you've read this go post!

The last one is a PSA: The music stops, your phone's gone. Beware cell phone thieves.

tynickime
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I can't make out the first one.

The second one looks like some sort of recruiting hotline. In fact that looks like the Job Monster mascot on the top left. If the ad is to be believed it's very convenient.

The last one roughly reads

Police notice:
    Stop music,
    Don't have a phone,
    Be careful of whatever characters those last to red blobs are.

Don't suppose you have any higher resolutions?

Edit, ohhh thieves.

Quid on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

The second one looks like some sort of recruiting hotline. In fact that looks like the Job Monster mascot on the top left. If the ad is to be believed it's very convenient.

Police notice:
    Stop music,
    Don't have a phone,

Edit, ohhh thieves.

So, do the stink lines coming from his pants indicate he's a thief?

Edit, ohhh thieves.

Well, stolen, or theft. 被盗, maybe. I just thought thieves read a little better.

DisruptedCapitalist
  • AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    The folds on the cloth on the first one make it harder than is necessary, but it translates into: Serves the people. I cannot make out what the sub-text underneath says.

The second one is an advertisement for leasing something (probably ad space): You can't go wrong by putting it here! If you like what you see then take action!

The third one is:

Police reminder:
    When the music stops,
    The phone is also gone.
    Be careful of your phone being stolen.

Akilae on
    DisruptedCapitalistBouwsT
  • BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Police notice:
    Stop music,
    Don't have a phone,

Edit, ohhh thieves.

So, do the stink lines coming from his pants indicate he's a thief?

I improperly assumed it was his stirring loins.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    Well nuts, and here I thought movie theater Obama was saying, "Let's go out to the lobby! And have ourselves a snack!"

:biggrin:

The third one is surprising. So the attractive silhouette stole creepy guy's iPhone? I was thinking something completely different.

Just for fun here's one last one - Its still my favorite picture from China. Its an ad for a new apartment complex that was being built.

tcgaeuvj6cdp.jpg

edited December 2015
    Oh, and searching to see if anyone on the web had a better picture of the T-Shirt I found this:

China bans 'Obamao' shirt, fearing offense to Obama

So now its a collectable? I knew I should have bought one... :bigfrown: <Edit> Hang on - its was banned in 2009?! Someone in the contraband T-Shirt squad has been asleep at the switch!

Thanks to all for helping me out!

majanz on
    majanz wrote: »
    The third one is surprising. So the attractive silhouette stole creepy guy's iPhone? I was thinking something completely different.

I think the idea is that the creepy guy is going to make a move on her phone -- she's all happy and listening to music, and in a second it's going to cut out and she's going to be out a phone. Beware!

He probably looks all weird because copyright protection isn't a big thing in China and rather than paying for appropriate art, someone just copied and pasted the first image that came up on Baidu Image Search for "thief" or "creep" or "guy".