As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures Game] Finish What You Start! (Your collection.)

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I think Mindlink lists could still exist because that's an inherently powerful ability, but Manaroo is definitely unusuable.

admanb on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/10/hit-and-run/

Some interesting additions in there. The HWK gets some love too!

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    :+1: in regards to the thread title.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • XeadinMCXeadinMC Reasonable Equestrian Lake Forest Park, WARegistered User regular
    So, that's the PS1 unique pilot. That ability is outrageously handy.

YIVQ28P.png
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/10/hit-and-run/

Some interesting additions in there. The HWK gets some love too!

swx58-sunny-bounder.pngswx58-inaldra.png
    swx58-quinn-jast.pngswx58-genesis-red.png

swx58-pulsed-ray-shield.pngswx58-arc-caster.pngswx58-arc-caster-recharging.pngswx58-light-scyk-interceptor.pngswx58-heavy-scyk-interceptor.png

So the Pulsed Ray Shield can go on:

Scum: Scyk, Kihraxz, Starviper, Hawk
    Rebel: Hawk

DO3O00C.png
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Arc Caster is flippin' sweet.
    No idea if it's competitive, but it seems like really good/interesting design.

It also happens to offer what looks at first glance like a straight upgrade to AutoRendar, which is my favorite thing to fly ever...

Sokpuppet on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Dammit. Another cannon I can't TIE/D.

Meanies...

Also the thought of Vessery being able to hit you with that and Ruthlessness is a delightful dream dashed.

Edit: That aside that stuff is all shiny and great for fans of the Scyk. And 5(!!) of the shield and cannon each is sexy. Coincidentally, you can run 5x Cartel Spacer with those for 100 points... which seems interesting.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • XeadinMCXeadinMC Reasonable Equestrian Lake Forest Park, WARegistered User regular
    First time flying the Striker and Kylo's Shuttle. Pure Sabacc outperformed from inconceivable odds. Managed to take out the A-Wing early on, since it was serving as a spotter for the missile boats (which painted their TL's on Sabacc). After a couple rounds of panic flying, I ended up losing Omega Ace and Stridan after a while, but not without doing some damage to the Z's and the U-Wing. With Sabacc at 1 hull remaining, I decided to play out the rest of the match, and WOW! He turned into the death striker-- wiping out all 3 Z's and the U-Wing before they even knew what was happening. The whole time, I didn't even utilize Predator once, since I forgot about that card even being on Sabacc.

Those strikers can pack a SERIOUS punch when flown right. It was a good match to be had, in the end.

Imperial Scribes
    [TIE F/O] Omega Ace
    - Crack Shot
    - Hull Upgrade
    - Comm Relay
    [TIE Striker] Pure Sabacc
    - Predator
    - Shield Upgrade
    - Adaptive Ailerons
    [Upsilon-Class Shuttle] Major Stridan
    - Fire-Control System
    - Ysanne Isard
    - Systems Officer
    - Pattern Analyzer
    - Anti-Pursuit Lasers

Opponent's list
    [U-Wing] Bodhi Rook
    - Possible crew?
    - Pivot Wing
    - Fire-Control System
    - Ion Torpedoes
    - Guidance Chips
    [Z-95] Bandit Squadron [x3]
    - Guidance Chips
    - Homing Missiles
    [A-Wing] Prototype Pilot
    - Autothrusters

Earlier, I decided to try out a hodge-podge rebel list and it ended up doing much better than expected. First time flying Sabine's TIE as well. It was an even match, but Ahsoka ended up stealing the win against a 1-hull Vader. Ended up deploying two mines in the middle of the map, which turned the central debris field into a no-fly zone. I might tweak the list a little bit, like truning Braylen into a stresshog (which sounds likes he's very good at that). I will have to remember next time that I can't use Snap Shot out of the rear arc.

Rebel Scouts
    [Sabine's TIE] Ahsoka Tano
    - Push the Limit
    - Sabine's Masterpiece
    - Sabine Wren
    - Proximity Mines
    - Scavenger Crane
    - Targeting Computer
    [U-Wing] Bodhi Rook
    - Fire-Control System
    - BoShek
    - Hotshot Co-Pilot
    - Pivot Wing
    - Engine Upgrade
    [ARC-170] Braylen Stramm
    - R2-D6
    - Snap Shot
    - Alliance Overhaul
    - Tail Gunner
    - Vectored Thrusters

Opponent's list
    [TIE Advanced] Darth Vader
    - Guidance Chips
    - TIE/X1
    - Advanced Targeting Computer
    - Cluster Missiles
    - Marksmanship
    [TIE Adv. Prototype] The Inquisitor
    - TIE/v1
    - Predator
    - Guidance Chips
    - Concussion Missiles
    [TIE Adv. Prototype] Valen Rudor
    - TIE/v1
    - Predator
    - Guidance Chips
    - Concussion Missiles

YIVQ28P.png
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    New wave announced at the GAMA trade show.

TIE Aggressor 2/2/4/1 with a turret
    Wookie Gunship 3/1/6/3 with Reinforce
    H6 Scurgg Bomber 3/1/5/5 with both Rebel and Scum dials

I'm sure we'll see more details in the following days.

oh h*ck
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I was wondering when the scurgg would show up in the game.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wave 11 leaked.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/244828-wave-11-announced-at-gama/

TIE Aggressor which has a rear turret?
    Wookiee Gunship from the Rebels cartoon that has the reinforce action from epic ships.
    H-6 Scurrg Bomber last seen in the Armada game. It has both Rebel and Scum dials and can be used with both.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

It's over @timspork's ghost! I have the high ground!

oh h*ck
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    It's over @timspork's ghost! I have the high ground!

I have a link to pictures so it is a moral victory.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    You could've inlined them though. :)

Surprised the H6 is a small base. And the agressor looks so damned weird.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    I say this as a diehard Imperial fan boy.

The TIE Aggressor is ugly. It is the ugliest ship in the game.

oh h*ck
    I can't really tell.
    Does the Aggressor have a primary turret? A rear arc? Or just a turret upgrade slot?

K-Wing...?

In any case, I am perfectly happy with ugly ships. Ugly ships are an important part of the Star Wars universe.

Sokpuppet wrote: »
    I can't really tell.
    Does the Aggressor have a primary turret? A rear arc? Or just a turret upgrade slot?

K-Wing...?

In any case, I am perfectly happy with ugly ships. Ugly ships are an important part of the Star Wars universe.

Turret slot. One of the upgrade cards is TLT, going from art. Looks to be x/x/4/1, can't tell.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The K-Wing is my beautiful boy and you'll shut your mouth.

And... a double-missile upgrade. That's only the second double-slot upgrade after Palptatine? Fits any Imperial bomber though, and presumably can be extra munitioned...

I am of course buying an aggressor ASAP.

Mmm.
    I've always wanted an Ion Turret in an Imperial squadron.

Imperials are LONG overdue for a turret slot.

Sokpuppet wrote: »
    I can't really tell.

K-Wing...?

The K-Wing is ugly and it's aesthetic doesn't really mesh well with Star Wars but it does look like a World War 2 Heavy Bomber.

Which is kinda freakin' awesome.

oh h*ck
    Can't wait to see better pictures of those

Can't wait to see better pictures of those

Official preview is up.

edited March 2017
    I still think the Agressor looks like a fan OC do not steal and kinda silly... but FFG's mold makes it look fairly good. The cut solar panels is a smart idea for the turret, and is something the TIE/sf should have done.

Also, as this is another 1-shield TIE, again it makes sense why the C-ROC upgrades cut out the empire.

Athenor on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Unguided Rockets don't get flipped over when you use them. Infinite ammo! :D

swx66-unguided-rockets.png

Elvenshae on
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Are those immune to Palpatine's effect of being able to name a dice and change its facing?

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Are those immune to Palpatine's effect of being able to name a dice and change its facing?

Yep!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    The Synced Turret looks like it'll be a lot of fun. Think it sounds like a nice match up for the BTL-A4 title on a y-wing.

see317 on
    17 points base for the aggressor? Fun.

Synced Turret is interesting.

edited March 2017

Yep!

Hmm this is an interesting point. Snap Shot says "You cannot modify your attack dice..." while Unguided Rockets is "Your attack dice can be modified only by..." This would mean that other ships wouldn't be able to modify the attack and frees up a modification slot as well (no Guidance Chips/Munitions Failsafe).

crimsoncoyote on

Yep!

Hmm this is an interesting point. Snap Shot says "You cannot modify your attack dice..." while Unguided Rockets is "Your attack dice can be modified only by..." This would mean that other ships wouldn't be able to modify the attack and frees up a modification slot as well (no Guidance Chips/Munitions Failsafe).

Hard to manipulate dumbfire rockets. :)

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    So you could run 4 Aggressors with TLTs and Unguided Rocket? Interesting. Bad I'm sure, but interesting.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

I still think the Agressor looks like a fan OC do not steal and kinda silly... but FFG's mold makes it look fairly good. The cut solar panels is a smart idea for the turret, and is something the TIE/sf should have done.

Also, as this is another 1-shield TIE, again it makes sense why the C-ROC upgrades cut out the empire.

Honestly? And I'm saying this as someone who never played SW: Galaxy and had no interest in it, so there's no nostalgia bias here (quite the opposite, since I loved TIE Fighter & its Defender of the Empire expansion with a burning passion), I actually really like the Aggressor. It's way cooler than most other high-concept TIE models, and definitely better visual design than the Defender imho.
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    But I've always loathed the Defender's design. Just... it's the kind of uninspired garbage one of my friends would've doodled in their notebook back in junior high. "You like the Interceptor? Man, imagine if it had also had missiles, and ion cannons, and a tractor beam, and we stuck a third wing/pylon on top of it!" It's like the clunky, garish, over-the-top shit that Gundam started doing in SEED/Destiny, or the Sentinel comics & models where there's as much kibble hanging off the back & shoulders of the robot as there is robot. Like, what's the point of that articulation if it's so bulked up it can't move. Just make a flying-wedge styled mobile armor with turrets at that point.

Edit: In point of fact, I had so little interest in Star Wars Galaxies I apparently remembered the name incorrectly. :P

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I always thought the Defender would look better with the third wing on the bottom of the ship, and the two wings on the top.

Interesting that the Scum ship only allows for one specific pilot to fly for the Rebellion - I'll have to see what that actually is before thinking about picking it up... of course, I'm still a wave or two behind on ships already...

Wait. Rockets are immune to ypur opponent screwing with your dice.

Thats huge.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Wait. Rockets are immune to ypur opponent screwing with your dice.

Thats huge.

is it, though

most mitigation comes from defense die manipulation

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tie aggressor looks fine

also the defender is rad