As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I don't want to make the [chat]

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Also Turok 3 has cutscenes.

Voice acting and cutscenes on the N64? Preposterous.

Resident Evil 2 on N64 is a fucking technical masterpiece

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    As to why I wouldn't want my coworker to post on the boards, my wife loves to tell a story about she knew I posted but didn't know who I was until she read my posts and then pinpointed me. I'm afraid my new coworker would be able to tell the same and my shameful secret would come out.

About how you're a sassy-bassy?

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i already made an anime chat
    fake anime [chat]*

there wasn't even a single amv in the op

i bet you watch your anime dubbed too
    yes i prefer it dubbed but i have been known to settle for subs on occasion
    season 2 of mushishi only being available subbed is why i haven't watched it lel

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    but do you want to be the guy

I actually met the guy who made that game on another forum! He was pretty cool.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    watching man in the high castle and the writing is pretty bleh so far

the world is cool but everyone sounds really stupid and hamfisted

The best parts of it deal with Smith especially in the back half of the season, but the early parts deal a lot with Joe and Juliana who are so awful.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Turok was the lamest series ever

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As to why I wouldn't want my coworker to post on the boards, my wife loves to tell a story about she knew I posted but didn't know who I was until she read my posts and then pinpointed me. I'm afraid my new coworker would be able to tell the same and my shameful secret would come out.

A friend of mine who should really stop still stalks me on here on occasion. :/

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    fake anime [chat]*

season 2 of mushishi only being available subbed is why i haven't watched it lel

dubs

i thought i knew you p10

• Options

It came out at a time when FPS's weren't the bee knees on console, pre golden eye even if I remember my time frames. It was ridiculously over the top violent for the shitty graphics. But yeah the jumping puzzles, and just general mehness of the series did it in.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    fake anime [chat]*

dubs

i thought i knew you p10
    i only pretend to like anime to look cool
    i am a fake anime guy through and through

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

The best parts of it deal with Smith especially in the back half of the season, but the early parts deal a lot with Joe and Juliana who are so awful.

oh yeah he seems awesome so far

I like that actor and never see him anywhere

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

The first one was technically groundbreaking, though, which was the main driver of FPS popularity until much later on.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    fake anime [chat]*

dubs

i thought i knew you p10

check_em_by_boyboy99100-d57xp3y.png

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Alazull wrote: »

Well occaisionally I comment on my job here and I'd not want that to get kicked up a chain. Besides I hardly know this woman, I'd hate to turn her on to this forum. I mean she's a grown woman if she was down with PA she'd already be here.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Also Turok 3 has cutscenes.

Voice acting and cutscenes on the N64? Preposterous.

Resident Evil 2 on N64 is a fucking technical masterpiece

Fun fact: RE2 is one of only three titles on the N64 to be released on a 512 Mb cartridge and is always mildly on fire.

Gim on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i just read a well researched and formatted post on the website www dot reddit dot com and i am as surprised as anyone

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

Well occaisionally I comment on my job here and I'd not want that to get kicked up a chain. Besides I hardly know this woman, I'd hate to turn her on to this forum. I mean she's a grown woman if she was down with PA she'd already be here.

Alright, alright.

I'll lay off.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options

Rufus Sewell, he kind of gets pigeon holed due to his eye and general appearance. I want to say Dark City is his only real leading role. Smith in the first couple eps comes off as just another evil nazi, but they plumb the depths I think with the character well. Between him, Keeto, and the trade secretary the axis powers have all the good character in season 1.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Tav wrote: »
    i just read a well researched and formatted post on the website www dot reddit dot com and i am as surprised as anyone
    Yeah, I never thought Jar Jar Binks could be thought of as a Sith Lord until just now...

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

Yeah, I thought most of the dialog was hokey and stilted.

They also use a sudden silence for dramatic effect approximately every 5 minutes.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Rufus Sewell, he kind of gets pigeon holed due to his eye and general appearance. I want to say Dark City is his only real leading role. Smith in the first couple eps comes off as just another evil nazi, but they plumb the depths I think with the character well. Between him, Keeto, and the trade secretary the axis powers have all the good character in season 1.
    His filmography is... not prestigious, yes. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

That legitimately brought me down a bit.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Cyclops isn't a villian. He was drafted as a child to become the leader of a group of child soldiers, spent his life dedicated to the cause of mutant-human cohabitation despite the US government building giant robots to kill the mutants. He went on like this for decades, losing friends, his wife (multiple times!) and never getting any appreciable progress made towards his goal. Then he tried a different tactic after an avenger decimated his entire species and created a safe haven for mutants. It was attacked so many times in its short life. Then he fought a war against robots from the future to save the mutant messiah who had the power to rekindle the mutant race (with very little help from the avengers, I might add) and after they won (against suffering the death of a dear friend) and the prophecy was going to be fulfilled, Captain America and the Avengers kidnap the mutant messiah and attack the Phoenix, which would kill the mutant race forever if they succeeded. Then from their failure they end up with Cyclops leading the Phoenix five, and unlike the avengers or other heroes who just punch everything all the time, Cyclops uses his godlike power to irrigate deserts and institute world peace. So the Avengers wage a war against them and as they start defeating members of the Phoenix five, the previously stable power levels that let them make the world a better place cause the remaining members to become increasingly unbalanced, culminating in the Phoenix causing Scott to kill his mentor and surrogate father. And then what do the Avengers do? They jail the leader of the mutant people for daring to improve the world and for daring to not go along with the demands of Steve Rogers when he invaded their sovereign nation to kidnap his granddaughter/their messiah.

Scott Summers is not a villian. The villains are all the human heroes who refuse to stand up to the government for its mistreatment of mutants.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    @Incenjucar i hope next year is kinder

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Scott isn't a villain hes just a chode

• Options

Alright, alright.

I'll lay off.

For all I know she could be a forum regular older than I. She seems nice though, she reminds me of the Actress Maria Bello.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    rJSgmaq.jpg

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

cocaine isn't a downer you're doing it wrong

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Man, Hexen was a good game.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »

cocaine isn't a downer you're doing it wrong

Only thing off about that is someone who can afford coke wouldn't eat at arbys?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i wanna watch something but idk what

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    i wanna watch something but idk what
    i watched edge of tomorrow last night

went into it with pretty low expectations, was really pleasantly surprised

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Cyclops isn't a villian. He was drafted as a child to become the leader of a group of child soldiers, spent his life dedicated to the cause of mutant-human cohabitation despite the US government building giant robots to kill the mutants. He went on like this for decades, losing friends, his wife (multiple times!) and never getting any appreciable progress made towards his goal. Then he tried a different tactic after an avenger decimated his entire species and created a safe haven for mutants. It was attacked so many times in its short life. Then he fought a war against robots from the future to save the mutant messiah who had the power to rekindle the mutant race (with very little help from the avengers, I might add) and after they won (against suffering the death of a dear friend) and the prophecy was going to be fulfilled, Captain America and the Avengers kidnap the mutant messiah and attack the Phoenix, which would kill the mutant race forever if they succeeded. Then from their failure they end up with Cyclops leading the Phoenix five, and unlike the avengers or other heroes who just punch everything all the time, Cyclops uses his godlike power to irrigate deserts and institute world peace. So the Avengers wage a war against them and as they start defeating members of the Phoenix five, the previously stable power levels that let them make the world a better place cause the remaining members to become increasingly unbalanced, culminating in the Phoenix causing Scott to kill his mentor and surrogate father. And then what do the Avengers do? They jail the leader of the mutant people for daring to improve the world and for daring to not go along with the demands of Steve Rogers when he invaded their sovereign nation to kidnap his granddaughter/their messiah.

Scott Summers is not a villian. The villains are all the human heroes who refuse to stand up to the government for its mistreatment of mutants.

8597734916_0660010884.jpg

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

Oh, he was the bad guy in Knight's Tale.

That's what I recognized him from.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I still have to say Bosch was a better show on Prime than Man in the Highcastle. It starts off very CSI at first, but it really digs into the character and consequences and reading the source material it nails the Connelly style.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    Incenjucar i hope next year is kinder

are

are you the friend?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Cyclops was right. I believe that much more strongly than I do in Israel.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/A2I0ODXa82s

I also love the Bosch opening credit song.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.