As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post-[Steam]-Sale Recovery Thread

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Oh so you can't party up with PS4 people in Rocket League

I should've known cross-platform support was too good to be true

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I knew it was not True when I was playing Payday 2

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Aw man, I wanted to buy Rocksmith 2014 but apparently it was only on sale 'till the 27th? It's back to its normal price now. That's stupid.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    ? are the dlc for it still on sale?

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    ? are the dlc for it still on sale?

Yeah, the dlc is still 40% off

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    I dont know where else to put this so its here, I made it to hole 3000 in Desert Golf.

I am going to keep going, day by day, like 100 or so holes at a time, until i reach the level that is unbeatable. So im... 3/4 of the way there. Zero idea why im doing this to myself.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I dont know where else to put this so its here, I made it to hole 3000 in Desert Golf.

I am going to keep going, day by day, like 100 or so holes at a time, until i reach the level that is unbeatable. So im... 3/4 of the way there. Zero idea why im doing this to myself.

Because
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mHxHC75Sw8

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    So

Which version of Elite Dangerous should I be getting?

Getting the new version gets you the old one plus all the new content as it comes out.

And considering that Elite Dangerous is probably only worth getting if you want to really sink a bunch of hours into it, I say go whole hog or don't go at all.

As far as I know, getting Horizons only gets you all the new content for this current season. Once this season is over and the next begins you'll need to pay for that one.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The season is pretty much 2016 as far as anyone can tell

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I got a steam link for Christmas and it actually works well for me. I just had to move my router from under my desk to on top of it. If anyone is curious my computer is wired to the router and the steam link is wireless. And the steam link is about 20 feet away from the router in another room.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    With release 30, is cortex command worth it?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Darmak wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    So

Which version of Elite Dangerous should I be getting?

Getting the new version gets you the old one plus all the new content as it comes out.

And considering that Elite Dangerous is probably only worth getting if you want to really sink a bunch of hours into it, I say go whole hog or don't go at all.

As far as I know, getting Horizons only gets you all the new content for this current season. Once this season is over and the next begins you'll need to pay for that one.

Sorry yes, I meant all the new content for the next year.

It seems likem elite dangerous is basically moving towards a content subscription model.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I got pillars of eternity with the expansion pass.

It will be my next big rpg once all the content is released.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Oh I finished SOMA, btw. It's great and I recommend it. It touches on themes and concepts in a way and depth that I really enjoyed.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Well, not to break up the talk of gifting with talk of a gift, but big thanks to @Inquisitor for a copy of Chaos Reborn! This is from Julian Gollop, one of the creators of the original XCOM, so it's got a hell of a pedigree. I'm looking forward to taking turn-based wizards for a spin. Thanks! :)

I loved the original Chaos way back in the day. I'm glad he reborned it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I was gifted Crypt of the Necrodancer, and it is fun and cool, but I think I may be terrible at it.

I am a musician but apparently suck at hitting a button on the beat? I dislike that it demands I do something constantly (I know I can work around this with bard).
    Also the control scheme is kind of butts. It seems like it's trying to emulate a dancepad, but then there's a supposedly easier dancepad mode, but I can't tell any difference.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Weirdly proud of myself for going a week so far without buying anything in this Steam Sale*

*part of it may have to do with how I already have most of everything that I want but hey shut up

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    So far I've spent one dollar fifteen cents on this sale.

Got a 20$ gift card from friends and spent it on Read Only Memories and Rebel Galaxy.

Was tempted to pick up Assassin's Creed Rogue because it looks rad, but I already put down money for Syndicate so it can wait for a better price.

• Options
    I mean there are quite a few games I'd like to get still, but I have to, like, sit back and be like yeah dogg but you have EIGHT HUNDRED GAMES already maybe you should play those a bit more

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I mean there are quite a few games I'd like to get still, but I have to, like, sit back and be like yeah dogg but you have EIGHT HUNDRED GAMES already maybe you should play those a bit more

So you wanna be an old-ass man playin old-ass video games?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Look, I'm already an ass man.

• Options
    (I'm just kidding, I'm trying to keep myself from pulling the trigger on more stuff for the same reason)

Oh man, listening to the second Giant Bomb GOTY podcast...those soundtracks make want to play Hotline Miami 2 and Axiom Verge SO BAD

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Oh, I wasn't offended at all. I'm well aware I have Too Many Video Games.

• Options
    I'm closing in, though. Sitting at 612 according to steam.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The prices aren't going to be changing at this point, right? Whatever they are now is what they will be until the end of the sale?

sig.gif
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Read Only Memories is currently in a Humble Bundle along with D4 for 10 bucks.
    Picked it up, it was an alright game. Liked the music and the world was interesting.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    The prices aren't going to be changing at this point, right? Whatever they are now is what they will be until the end of the sale?

Yup. No more buying one or two games per day as the discounts change. I bought all of the games I wanted in one transaction, it felt really weird.

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »

Yup. No more buying one or two games per day as the discounts change. I bought all of the games I wanted in one transaction, it felt really weird.

Except for Ubisoft, they seem to be treating this like the old sales - South Park had its price increased as the AC games got bigger discounts, similar to a daily sale structure.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I shouldn't be surprised that Arkham Knight isn't on sale, and yet, I am.

I was thinking about picking up Pre-Sequel and it's season pass, but at $30 for the two of them, I'm gonna wait a bit longer.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Read Only Memories is currently in a Humble Bundle along with D4 for 10 bucks.
    Picked it up, it was an alright game. Liked the music and the world was interesting.

Oh shit!

• Options
    Oh god I already have Endless Legend in my library

I woke up this morning all "Oh shit! Better get Endless Legend! I must have forgotten to put it on my wishlist!"

Evidently I got it back in June. I could have been playing it this whole time!

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    a couple hours of playing Sleeping Dogs, I like it, it's a little weird going to this after playing a bunch of Saints Row though

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    a couple hours of playing Sleeping Dogs, I like it, it's a little weird going to this after playing a bunch of Saints Row though

Sun On Yee, motherfucker!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

My prescription is 2 Pork Buns and 1 "Hey buddy I think this phone call is for you! WHAM"

I also got AC Rogue which seems pretty alright for the short while I've played so far, but man does Shay have a terrible accent!

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I got Gat Outta Hell for Christmas and I'm already enjoying it much more the SR4. It's nice to have an actual new city to explore.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Read Only Memories asking you your name and preferred pronoun is really cool.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm actually really enjoying stick of truth, even despite not being able to play a female character (though this is what I made my character looks like)
    2mCfu4A.jpg?1

Also I'm a bit disappointed that I chose mage yet spend most of my time bow and arrowing because I haven't found any spell or melee weapon that matches the mongolian bow and arrow's damage.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    If you guys haven't checked out Emily Is Away yet, please do. It's an interesting little thing, a story about how people talk to each other, and how relationships develop, all told through oldschool IM (fake desktop interface and everything). It's free, and takes about 30 minutes to complete.
    It certainly felt relatable to me, probably because I vividly remember the ICQ era

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I just started playing jedi knight II Outcast and the first level was pretty fun

does anyone remember the console command to enable light sabre limb removal and if that was only for jedi academy and not the second one?

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    g_saberRealisticCombat 1 I think

This discussion has been closed.