As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post-[Steam]-Sale Recovery Thread

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I'm actually really enjoying stick of truth, even despite not being able to play a female character (though this is what I made my character looks like)
    2mCfu4A.jpg?1

Also I'm a bit disappointed that I chose mage yet spend most of my time bow and arrowing because I haven't found any spell or melee weapon that matches the mongolian bow and arrow's damage.

Spoiler for the 3rd or 4th act,
    the explanation for not being able to be a female character will become apparent

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Oh so you can't party up with PS4 people in Rocket League

I should've known cross-platform support was too good to be true

I play with and against PS4 players all the time in ranked. I dunno if they prevent you from teaming up with someone on another platform for ranked.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I'm actually really enjoying stick of truth, even despite not being able to play a female character (though this is what I made my character looks like)
    2mCfu4A.jpg?1

Also I'm a bit disappointed that I chose mage yet spend most of my time bow and arrowing because I haven't found any spell or melee weapon that matches the mongolian bow and arrow's damage.

I feel like that happens to me in just about any "choose your class" RPG. I'll end up going through a long stretch, usually early in the game, where I'm using all the wrong equipment for what I've chosen, simply because all it's given me is a lvl 2 magic wand and robes, or a lvl 12 sword, shield, boots, greaves, chestplate, and beats by Dre.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Stick of Truth was incredible, though in hindsight it shouldn't have been as much of a surprise as it was considering who was writing it and who was making it. I hope the sequel manages to keep that same level of quality, even as South Park the show steadily sinks lower.

Also agreed on the character stuff, even if they do give a story reason why you play as a little boy. I also did some appearance tweaking throughout the game to get as close as I could to what my preferred character would have been.

Screenshot below, though it seems the only one I have also shows the first companion you get.
    1V0xQWK.jpg

Aistan on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    2mCfu4A.jpg?1

Spoiler for the 3rd or 4th act,
    the explanation for not being able to be a female character will become apparent

I just finished the part where you get the ability to teleport.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    If you guys haven't checked out Emily Is Away yet, please do. It's an interesting little thing, a story about how people talk to each other, and how relationships develop, all told through oldschool IM (fake desktop interface and everything). It's free, and takes about 30 minutes to complete.
    It certainly felt relatable to me, probably because I vividly remember the ICQ era

That was interesting. Brought back some memories for sure.

Frustrating, though, too.
    I get that you have very little actual influence on how things end up, but it was definitely frustrating having less and less of my input choices followed through on as it went on. Or like, "Hey sure come visit" then a year later "Oh hey remember when you totally took advantage of me and we had sex a year ago?" Just...what?

Wondered if I missed any background plot points within the buddy list when people went on/offline.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    With release 30, is cortex command worth it?

It's actually on release 31, and I'd say it is fun to mess around with. The game is still super janky and there's not much to it's campaign mode, but setting up scenarios and blowing shit up can be a lot of fun (especially with a friend). There's also a lot of mods that add cool stuff to check out, if that's your sort of thing. I'd recommend the game to people willing to take a risk for $4

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I am very close to what must be the end of Undertale, but am going to have to stop for the night.

Right now I am super torn about the game. I super love the art, the writing, the music (especially), the humor and the feel.

But I super duper hate the combat and man there is a ton of it.

It's not a very long game but I have this "just can't wait to be done with the darn thing" feeling which is not super great.

Apparently X in combat slows it down

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Anybody still looking to complete their Christmas Noir badge? I got a buncha duplicate cards that's for trade.
    #1 Santa's Workshop x1
    #4 Twinkle x3
    #6 Sending a Message x2
    #9 x3
    #10 x1
    #11 x2

Just trade me your own dupe Christmas Noir cards.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have to go see what I need since I really am just doing the search since sadly I have bills to pay

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Ok SE Steam thread,

I'm thinking of getting a Steam link.

What's the latency like when:

1.steam link is wired up to the router
    2. My PC is still on the wireless?

Is it terribad?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I thought South Park was a pretty bad, poorly made RPG that was saved by virtue of being funny

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I thought it was a totally okay Paper Mario style, simple RPG but yeah if it didn't have the humor it would be basically pointless

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ok SE Steam thread,

Is it terribad?

I'd also like to know this, except with both the PC and Steam link on wifi.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Ok SE Steam thread,

Is it terribad?

I'd also like to know this, except with both the PC and Steam link on wifi.

@Veldrin - I replied to Karl in another thread so I'll copy and paste my response here:

Is it terribad?
    My Steam Link setup was originally Steam Link > WiFi > Router > Wired > PC so probably not dissimilar. I found it workable depending on the game. Games that needed serious precision in timing like Runner 2 were not an option. For less demanding games it actually worked pretty well though audio seemed to glitch out before the video did. Turn-based stuff like Civ, Armello or XCOM would likely work with no problem depending on your setting. You might still find the odd game that does not work very well. For me it was a non-Steam version of Tales from the Borderlands which surprised me. Audio was popping in and out constantly which is a bit of a deal-breaker for that game.

A trick to improve my setup was to get a Ethernet Powerline Adapter (I think this is the one I got) to replace the WiFi part of the connection. Fixed all my issues with Tales from the Borderlands. I was even able to play Dark Souls 2: SotFS with no noticeable issues. If you go the Ethernet Powerline route, you want at list 1000Mbps and make sure it's AV2. Quality of Service (QoS) is also helpful as it will prioritize streaming over other tasks.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I posted the same question in the G&T Steam thread and they advised that WIFI isn't great for lag sensitive games.

Is it terribad?

@Karl My Steam Link setup was originally Steam Link > WiFi > Router > Wired > PC so probably not dissimilar. I found it workable depending on the game. Games that needed serious precision in timing like Runner 2 were not an option. For less demanding games it actually worked pretty well though audio seemed to glitch out before the video did. Turn-based stuff like Civ, Armello or XCOM would likely work with no problem depending on your setting. You might still find the odd game that does not work very well. For me it was a non-Steam version of Tales from the Borderlands which surprised me. Audio was popping in and out constantly which is a bit of a deal-breaker for that game.

A trick to improve my setup was to get a Ethernet Powerline Adapter (I think this is the one I got) to replace the WiFi part of the connection. Fixed all my issues with Tales from the Borderlands. I was even able to play Dark Souls 2: SotFS with no noticeable issues. If you go the Ethernet Powerline route, you want at list 1000Mbps and make sure it's AV2. Quality of Service (QoS) is also helpful as it will prioritize streaming over other tasks.

I do have a powerline adapter but it's not 1000MBPS. May give it a go.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I was getting sound hitches with my steam link until I put my router high up on my desk

I also decided to go whole hog and get a steam controller

It's cool but probably unnecessary.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Also, there's been a lot of firmware updates for the Steam Link, but you need to be up on the beta track to get them, which has helped streaming performance (alongside a bunch of Steam client beta updates, as well). It was a glitchy mess on day one, but now pretty solid for me, even on wifi (though granted, it's sitting about four feet away from my AP in my setup, so YMMV).

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    PSA:
    Shadow Complex is still free for PC until the end of December.
    https://www.epicgames.com/shadowcomplex/

You do have to install the Epic Games Launcher.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Oh hey, thanks. I forgot to actually install that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    PSA:

Is it like a limited playtime thing or once you have it installed you can play it for free, even after the expiration?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    captaink wrote: »
    PSA:

Is it like a limited playtime thing or once you have it installed you can play it for free, even after the expiration?

Seems to be forever? Don't know.

captaink on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Oh man, 16 bucks for FC4 is tempting...

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am going through the fun motions of adding a bunch of stuff to my Steam shopping cart, realizing that I don't have the time to play the games I already have much less the ones I want, and then removing everything. It's kind of cathartic, honestly.

• Options
    Well, given that I'd have to significantly upgrade my rig to enjoy upcoming releases like Rise of the Tomb Raider, I think I might give myself an early b-day present by getting FC4 and chip away at it for the next weeks, maybe months

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I *might* get Rise Of The Tomb Raider when it comes out, but given my general gaming habits... I shouldn't.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    I thought South Park was a pretty bad, poorly made RPG that was saved by virtue of being funny

I really like the 'click on time to do extra damage' idea mechanic, it's keeping me more focused on the game than I would be during fights in other RPGs

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    I initially tried using the Steamlink while having both the Link and my PC wireless and it was absolutely unplayable. Switching my PC to a wired connection and leaving the Link wireless made everything run pretty smooth, though I haven't really tried anything with sensitive timing yet.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular

I thought I had gotten all of my Steam shopping done in one day

Guess I was wrong

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular

16? I see 20

• Options
    edited December 2015
    WELP
    grabbed Far Cry 4. That's it for me this sale!

e: JoeUser, it's 15,99€ for me, the exchange rate is about 1:1 though, so I skipped mentioning the currency. I expected it to be 20, which is why I was pleasantly surprised!

e2: Huh, it really is 19,99$. Weird.

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Stick of Truth
    I feel like I should probably be siding with Kyle, but Butters is my favourite companion :(

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Jesus fucking christ
    You fight the gnome caster literally underneath your mom's swinging boobs? Let me guess, once you win you become bigger right then and there?

E: Well, the end of that fight was worse than I expected.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

I really like the 'click on time to do extra damage' idea mechanic, it's keeping me more focused on the game than I would be during fights in other RPGs

I feel like most of the time this is something implemented by gamemakers without any interesting ideas

i.e. the first PA game

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    so in hong kong
    ratstar123 on shadowlands is gobbet isn't it

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    so in hong kong
    ratstar123 on shadowlands is gobbet isn't it

yeah

• Options
    I'm really enjoying the Canada section.
    Also because I have some legit girl clothes now.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying the Canada section.
    Also because I have some legit girl clothes now.

Canada being
    16 bit made me laugh for way too long

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
This discussion has been closed.