As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SEGA finding new ways to disappoint us in 2024

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I still think it is a riduclous missed opportunity that they didn't do a promotional tie-in with the Sonic fast food chain, especially they sell chili dogs and onion rings.

I mean, it's right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVI6Agm1-kY

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So like... did anyone see the movie yet?

...oh. I guess they did.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    yeah it was awesome
    at the post credits I was like "I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE DOING IT!" in my chair

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    I still think it is a riduclous missed opportunity that they didn't do a promotional tie-in with the Sonic fast food chain, especially they sell chili dogs and onion rings.

I mean, it's right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVI6Agm1-kY

Why would you post Mega64 at me? What did I ever do to you?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    yeah it was awesome

Doing?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    yeah it was awesome

I mean on the one hand they were never not doing it, especially once
    G.U.N. was introduced

But yea this is gonna be amazing and dumb in equal measure.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    yeah it was awesome

Doing?

I assume they are referencing a post credits scene that shows a pregnant Sonic. I haven't seen it yet but what else could it be?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Cute film, and Knuckles was easily the MVP. Ton of little fan service bits that I loved, especially the
    Mean Bean coffee shop.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    MAKE👏TYSON👏HESSE👏THE👏ART👏DIRECTOR👏FOR👏SONIC👏

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    ...animations are locked behind paywalls now?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    "coins"

This is upsetting to me.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    "coins"

This is upsetting to me.

I'm the trailer, the anniversary mode appears to have a coin counter instead of a lives counter.

Wouldn't make much sense to start with extra rings, anyway

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    copied from the videos game thread because I thought I was here:

I finally saw the second sonic movie yesterday, my general response is the same as that of the first movie: I had fun in the theater, but I'll probably never see it again
    on the one hand I'm glad to see them leaning harder into the weird bullshit from the games, but also the harder they do that the more disjointed all the normal human world stuff makes everything feel, so it's kind of a two steps forward one step back imho

• Options
    The price point seems like a ripoff in general, the Sega Genesis Collection on PS3 had like twenty games and was only $20, including three Sonic games.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    that's fair, especially since sega's resold these games a million billion times now, though personally I think the announced enhancements and features justify a higher price tag than a straight collection of the roms

• Options
    that's fair, especially since sega's resold these games a million billion times now, though personally I think the announced enhancements and features justify a higher price tag than a straight collection of the roms

I sure don't, Chrono Cross included an entire new game that was never localized, it was only $20.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I would hope at that price point that these are brand new ports to Taxman's engine from Sonic Mania. I am braced for disappointment to learn otherwise!

But 16:9 display and Knux in Sonic 1 are both new to me? Here's hoping...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I would hope at that price point that these are brand new ports to Taxman's engine from Sonic Mania. I am braced for disappointment to learn otherwise!

But 16:9 display and Knux in Sonic 1 are both new to me? Here's hoping...

they are

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Well shit! That's me sold, then.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The Sonic 2 movie was pretty fun overall. I disliked the parts with Sonic's human family even more this time (extremely unearned reaching for emotions there), but the Sonic vs Robotnik stuff was better than before since there was no pretense of Robotnik being a grounded character from the human setting this time. Knuckles was done well enough, but I didn't think his dialogue was laugh out loud funny, more so just amusing. They've left room to make more of these in the same wacky adventure style (very literally Adventure for the next one) and I'm willing to check more out, I just wonder if the possible lack of Carrey's Robotnik for whatever comes next (since he says he wants to retire) will leave a charisma vacuum.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I sure don't, Chrono Cross included an entire new game that was never localized, it was only $20.

The lack of quality in the end product is likely why the price point was so cheap. It looks like actual effort's being put in here, though not necessarily $40 worth of effort.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Watching that Sonic Origin's trailer make me wish for a cel shaded Sonic game, one that would look like those animated cut scenes.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Watching that Sonic Origin's trailer make me wish for a cel shaded Sonic game, one that would look like those animated cut scenes.

Night Trap, but you're protecting the Sonic gang from Robotnik's robots.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OepEYRyzQjU

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Cel Shaded would be nice

But traditionally animated a la Cuphead would be even better

fuck it, make it a Generations spinoff with OG animated series and new/boom Sonic and have Jaleel White voice the original version

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    DLC would be movie Sonic voiced by Ben Schwartz
    nightmare difficulty mode would be original trailer Sonic

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    If that means the ones in the Sega Genesis Classics collection (not Sonic CD as that's separate), then that's a shame, as the Steam Workshop has a ton of great mods for those games and I doubt Origins will be as easily modded.

• Options
    "Stop selling our games for cheap, stat".

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

The real death knell for Sega of America and the cause of the Great Divide was losing Tom Kalinske over the Saturn launch debacle. As much as I love the Saturn(and absolutely wanted one for Christmas due to Dragon Force and Shining Wisdom), Kalinske was right in wanting to focus on the Genesis' success until the Saturn had more to offer in the US.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    wait, I'm sorry, what

what

WHAT

https://youtu.be/tzJBq-fPrF4

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Fan project, hence the different voice actors.

This particular one's been in the works for quite a while, if memory serves. Good on them for sticking with it.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    That's an impressive cover.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Reading the comments, they got Crush 40 to sing the song. Here I was thinking it wasn’t quite as good as the original, but they went the extra mile to just make it amazing anyhow.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/8_FK6YtQnQE

What a weird DLC lol, "make this 20 year old game look kinda like a new one"