As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SEGA finding new ways to disappoint us in 2024

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I dont like Jim Carrey not having a ginger moustache

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Full marks for
    the minion whose coffee Robotnik liked in the first movie having apparently spent his time waiting for the Doc to get back by running a Mean Bean coffee shop.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    TicaldfjamIndie WinterPolaritieLBD_NytetraynTheySlashThemEnlongAndy Joevagrant_windsJoolanderDee KaeHappy Little Machineshoeboxjeddy
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Idris Elba says that Knuckles won’t be sexy in ‘SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2’.

“I wouldn't say he was sexy. I don't think I'm going for that. That's for sure.”

how DARE you
    What Idris has failed to account for

Is his own base sexuality

Combined with Knuckles base sexuality
    He's just admitting he doesn't even have to try, that's all.

Bonus:

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Andy Joe
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is a better title because then they call the 3rd one (assuming they get a 3rd): Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.

DaebunzH3KnucklesDepressperadoBahamutZEROReynoldsTicaldfjamDark Raven XEtiowsavagrant_windsHexmage-PAMunkus BeaverTankHammerPenumbradarunia106
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

I dunno, it risks seeming stunty and cliche at this point.

Someone in that tweet thread mentioned Jensen Ackles, and I'm inclined to agree.

Personally, I'd go with Timothy Olyphant. Few people can do 'quietly furious' like Seth Bullock/Raylan Givens.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    TicaldfjamPenumbra
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is a better title because then they call the 3rd one (assuming they get a 3rd): Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.

They just gotta figure out a way to make Knuckles show up if you rewatch the first movie while also owning the third.

BLM - ACAB
    shoeboxjeddyTheySlashThemCrippl3TamerBillDonnictonturtleantTicaldfjamMidnitecj iwakuravagrant_windsMunkus BeaverPenumbradarunia106AbsurdProposition
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I will voice Shadow the Hedgehog for half the price.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Zb9Z34J.jpg

Dark Raven XLBD_NytetraynAndy Joedarunia106
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

The one major advantage the Japanese title has is that it's got silhouettes of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles in the title text, rather than just Sonic and Tails in the English one.

Ticaldfjam
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    You think they'll let him turn gold in this one? Or is that still a bridge to far for Hollywood execs?

X22wmuF.jpg
    Ticaldfjam
    edited December 2021
    There’s a possibility, now that we’re dealing with Emeralds (the one here is probably the Master Emerald, not a Chaos Emerald?)

And since they’re hyping up Knuckles as someone Sonic can’t beat with his current power.

Though, amusingly, Knuckles in the games punched the Super out of Super Sonic that one time.

Enlong on
    H3KnucklesMatevTicaldfjamDark Raven XEtiowsavagrant_windsHexmage-PAMunkus Beaverdarunia106
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    It didn't seem big enough to be the master emerald.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

At the same time, it seemed too big to be a Chaos Emerald. Those tend to be depicted as the size of a man’s fist. This thing was bigger than Eggman’s head.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Do consider how big hands are in the games, though.

Anyway, there's also this:

vwydvrb6ckqr.jpeg

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

At the same time, it seemed too big to be a Chaos Emerald. Those tend to be depicted as the size of a man’s fist. This thing was bigger than Eggman’s head.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles had the emeralds that big iirc.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Dark Raven XMatevH3Knuckles
    Polaritie wrote: »

Are you talking about that emerald chamber in & Knuckles?

Cause I think those ones are called Super Emeralds, and that’s the only place they showed up.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Cause I think those ones are called Super Emeralds, and that’s the only place they showed up.

That's the game where the emeralds change to their familiar modern shape, so.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited December 2021

That's the game where the emeralds change to their familiar modern shape, so.

Yeah, but they’re smaller than that in later games, while having that shape.

I guess my takeaway here is that the emeralds’ size isn’t exactly set in stone (ha) throughout the series.

Enlong on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I really don't think the filmmakers are going to care much about canonical gem size

if we only saw a green one, and knuckles is a focal point of the plot, it's safe to assume it's just the master emerald

having said that, my money is on it functioning as the master emerald lore-wise but being called The Chaos Emerald, omitting the set of seven thing entirely

JayKaosturtleantDark Raven XMidniteStiltsshoeboxjeddyTamerBillH3KnucklesMatev
    1 magic maguffin is a lot easier to fit into a 2 hour runtime than 8, that's for sure.

X22wmuF.jpg
    turtleant wrote: »
    1 magic maguffin is a lot easier to fit into a 2 hour runtime than 8, that's for sure.

Though, if you establish it beforehand, and the movie is entirely about the hunt, it could work.

Problem with the chaos emeralds is that they’re all interchangeable. You can’t do the Marvel thing and have them each Star individually in a movie.

H3Knuckles
    turtleant wrote: »

Though, if you establish it beforehand, and the movie is entirely about the hunt, it could work.

Problem with the chaos emeralds is that they’re all interchangeable. You can’t do the Marvel thing and have them each Star individually in a movie.

thank god

X22wmuF.jpg
    Crippl3StiltsMaddocMatev
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Can Any of you Yakuza fans tell me how to get a controller working properly on Yakuza 0 on Steam? It always leans aggressively in one direction (if it picks up the controller at all)

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Can Any of you Yakuza fans tell me how to get a controller working properly on Yakuza 0 on Steam? It always leans aggressively in one direction (if it picks up the controller at all)

Guess it depends on your controller. I got a 3rd party XBox style controller and it was plug and play for me.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    I really don't think the filmmakers are going to care much about canonical gem size

if we only saw a green one, and knuckles is a focal point of the plot, it's safe to assume it's just the master emerald

having said that, my money is on it functioning as the master emerald lore-wise but being called The Chaos Emerald, omitting the set of seven thing entirely

Maybe they'll do one this movie then have a treasure hunt for more if they get another one.

LBD_NytetraynAndy Joe
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    https://youtu.be/2UAmyKnoUHU

Found this randomly and unironically liked the original American Sonic X opening so I thought I'd share this cover here.

EDIT: Also I'm genuinely curious if Longclaw the Owl will show up again.

Hexmage-PA on
    discrider
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/47r8FXYZWNU

so close they're almost kissing

wY6K6Jb.gif
    cj iwakuraHexmage-PALBD_Nytetrayn
    I still think it is a riduclous missed opportunity that they didn't do a promotional tie-in with the Sonic fast food chain, especially they sell chili dogs and onion rings.

I mean, it's right there.

BLM - ACAB
    LBD_NytetraynKing Riptor
    I mean, check it out, I just made the best promotional combo in fastfood/movie history:

p4vtph8g9a3y.png

BLM - ACAB
    Dark Raven XPolaritieagoajBlackDragon480Einzelsee317DarkPrimusLBD_NytetraynMunkus BeaverDee KaeKristmas Kthulhusarukundarunia106
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    VgZPiOF.jpeg

cj iwakuraPolaritieHexmage-PAvagrant_windsMidniteLBD_NytetraynPenumbraAndy JoeNitsua
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    https://youtu.be/47r8FXYZWNU

so close they're almost kissing

That ringtone is too perfect.
    Lars wrote: »
    VgZPiOF.jpeg

Flawless.

cgqvs5ipqksy.png

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    Dark Raven Xturtleantvagrant_windsMidniteLBD_NytetraynH3KnucklesJoolanderdiscriderMatevAngrySquirrelKristmas KthulhuAndy Joesarukundarunia106
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Yeah, at a glance this looks way more like what I expected out of a Sonic movie than the first one. I'm not terribly persnickety about a trans-medium adaptation choosing to take liberties with the source material for pragmatic reasons, but the first Sonic movie could practically have functioned identically if you'd replaced Sonic with a talking rabbit. Here you've got the eggmobile, the giant walking robot, the Chaos Emerald(s), the biplane... it's just more indisputably Sonic.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    BahamutZERO
    God I will never get tired of the Combustible Lemons speech. I was fortunate enough to have heard it in an early version of the game before JK Simmons was even cast and I immediately knew it was pure gold.

BLM - ACAB
    MatevLBD_NytetraynDarkPrimusKristmas KthulhuAndy JoesarukunHappy Little Machine