As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SEGA finding new ways to disappoint us in 2024

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I still think it's guest starring Kizuna Ai every time I see that main character.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    On the other hand, now we have mechs wielding a giant fiery hammer and a giant magic tome.
    N7VR4ST.jpg

where's that footage from?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    A giant Japanese mecha using a magic spellbook piloted by an aryan girl shouting attacks in a European language. If that's not maximum anime I don't know what is.

where's that footage from?
    It's a couple of clips out of last night's hour-and-a-half live broadcast.

Also posted by Sega recently, a Tokyo 2020 promo.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    i have seen a single episode of ok k.o. where jonathan davis of korn plays a nu metal cactus who speaks in lyrics from korn songs

i don't need to see any more, i think

Well Jesus my life is complete now I guess.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    i have seen a single episode of ok k.o. where jonathan davis of korn plays a nu metal cactus who speaks in lyrics from korn songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlyhHCwgLK4

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »

Also the cactus is implied to be a senior citizen because he was big in the 90s

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    SabreMau wrote: »

Huh, of the two, I would've thought Blaze would be the fencer and Amy the tennis badminton player.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I guess they are really reworking the hedgehog movie.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Did something new come out?

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Did something new come out?

No. They are just taking a while.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    If they somehow make it even more memeworthy instead I'm going to have to actually watch that movie in theaters just on sheer principle.

H3Knuckles wrote: »

Huh, of the two, I would've thought Blaze would be the fencer and Amy the tennis badminton player.

ahaha there's literally a sonic riders minigame in this
    I wonder if they're putting more effort into this one compared to ususal because the olympics are in tokyo this time

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

ahaha there's literally a sonic riders minigame in this
    I wonder if they're putting more effort into this one compared to ususal because the olympics are in tokyo this time

After Mario was in the promo video at the end of the last olympics there's probably a lot of cooperation between Nintendo and the olympics folks.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    What is Sakura Wars, why does it involve swords and mechs, and why have I never played it?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Sakura Wars was the first game series I can think of to mix JRPG/strategy elements and visual novel elements, in a way that the USA kinda slept on a decade ago but got huge later with Persona 3/4 and Fire Emblem: Awakening

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    why have I never played it?

Only one has been released outside of Japan. Sakura Wars 5: So Long, My Love. Came out on the Wii in 2010.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Also on PS2.

I remember my friend importing one of them for Saturn back in the day.

uyvfOQy.png
    ixoI9Fv.jpg

I have ST5 too, in both import and domestic forms, it's just that I don't know where my PS2 or Wii consoles are stored in the house currently.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    That picture reminds me of my Touhou "collection" I once posted

LGnQVIZ.jpg

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    There's still blood in this hedgehog!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmCoHsPFzZI

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

This is late, but I just came in here. Amy should be doing the Hammer throw.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    haha, oh boy

also have Nana Mizuki and Rie Kugimiya voicing Berlin troupe members

edited September 2019
    I’m wonder if they’re pulling the ST2 Oni-Ou plot again or if that’s too obvious.

Official-upload trailers:

Story

Gameplay

And if you've got the time to sit and watch it, here's 24 minutes of Famitsu's camera footage of the TGS demo station.

SabreMau on
    The full game OP is up:

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/PXqw2cLtJkw

I find this hilarious for some reason

They cut Mario out!

Just make a mobile Chao Garden oh my god

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/PXqw2cLtJkw

I find this hilarious for some reason

They cut Mario out!

Just make a mobile Chao Garden oh my god

"See the sights of Toyko" as it slow scrolls over a simcity 2000 era looking overworld map basically destroyed me, I am dead.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Well, those are the sights of Tokyo. Just in a simplified form. These landmarks are in the correct locations.

RSx4Bhj.jpg

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Well, those are the sights of Tokyo. Just in a simplified form. These landmarks are in the correct locations.

RSx4Bhj.jpg

Oh I know it just hit like one of those old tourist brochures for like a theme hotel "You'll feel like you're there" !

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Indeed. It's a classic style.

Another new music video featuring a character song. She seems fun.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Executive 1: What the hell are we going to do with all these Grinch masks we have in storage?

Executive 2: Hey everybody, we just got the Sonic the Hedgehog license!

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Two PS3 updates, a download, an installation, and a controller recharge later, and I'm ready for Halloween.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    So, Jet Set Radio/Jet Grind Radio is a series that I missed out on when it was new. But I was kind of curious about trying to check it out what with the holidays coming up. Is there a particular entry or rerelease I should get, any ones I should avoid?

I was listening to the soundtrack of the first game on YouTube recently, and it's really cool. Except for the American version's exclusive tracks, which, hooboy are they out of place with the rest of it. Kind of wish there was an option to play with either the Japanese or European versions' music.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    i mean the series doesn't have many entries right?

dreamcast, JSR future on xbox, and I think there was a GBA game? not sure if any of them are available on xbox live or something, XBLA used to have some dreamcast titles like SA2 and stuff available for download

I only ever played the dreamcast one but man I love that game

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    So, Jet Set Radio/Jet Grind Radio is a series that I missed out on when it was new. But I was kind of curious about trying to check it out what with the holidays coming up. Is there a particular entry or rerelease I should get, any ones I should avoid?

I was listening to the soundtrack of the first game on YouTube recently, and it's really cool. Except for the American version's exclusive tracks, which, hooboy are they out of place with the rest of it. Kind of wish there was an option to play with either the Japanese or European versions' music.

The version of JSR on Steam seems good.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    oh yeah I forgot that they were probably on steam

7yh4xczljsym.png