As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars] Nothing quite as thrilling as galactic politics.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    In JA I threw my saber and accidentally did this.

Cameo spoiler
    ?.jpg

Also, someone released a Kylo Ren crossguard saber mod for JA. I think I will be using that for my next playthrough.
    Lumpy noooo

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    he's just lumps, now

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    YukiraGvzbgul
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    In JA I threw my saber and accidentally did this.

Cameo spoiler
    ?.jpg

Also, someone released a Kylo Ren crossguard saber mod for JA. I think I will be using that for my next playthrough.
    Lumpy noooo

bentwookie.jpg

I finished up JO. Then reloaded the final fight and turned on dismemberment.
    ?.jpg

Felt good.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    You can kill Desann with a single leaping heavy slash from the upper temple with saber realism on. When you pull it off, it's great.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Serpens Giantflier

I'm a runaway slave.

Duhr Pofevew
    A runaway slave from The Lytton Sector

I got your back, man

IKknkhU.gif
    edited January 2016
    The KOTOR train cannot be stopped. Rebels season two episode summaries.
    "Protector of Concord Dawn"
    In need of new hyperspace routes due to Imperial pressure, the rebels find a shortcut but must first gain permission to use it.
    “Legacy of Lasaan”
    Zeb faces his past as the rebels unwittingly find a group of Lasats while searching for maps of Wild Space.
    “The Call”
    Ezra is guided by an old Jedi Master in a time of doubt.
    “Homecoming”
    Hera has a tumultuous reunion with her father as the rebellion aids a wayward group of Twi'leks.
    “The Honorable Ones”
    Kanan seeks to complete his Jedi training after discovering a hidden sect of old Jedi guardsman.
    “Phantom’s Descent”
    Sabine and Hera are stranded on a dangerous world after an Imperial convoy attacks their transport.
    “Flight of Nanogorths”
    The rebels stage a break-in to an experimental Imperial weapons factory.
    “Shadows of the Past”
    Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka return to the Jedi Temple on Lothal to seek answers about the growing darkness.
    “Fears of the Future”
    After being attacked by the Inquisitors on Lothal, Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka head to a Sith temple on the planet Malachor.
    “Master and Apprentice”
    Vader and the Inquisitors face the rebels on Malachor, spawning irreversible consequences.

Oh yeah!

manwiththemachinegun on
    Kana
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Your Star Wars name is:
    Tureis Ifftos
    A slave mistress from The Dantooine Sector

Uh...huh.

Faneri Waveflame

A Slave Master from Zolan

What's with all this slave shit?

NeoToma
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Your Star Wars name is:
    Tureis Ifftos
    A slave mistress from The Dantooine Sector

Uh...huh.

Faneri Waveflame

A Slave Master from Zolan

What's with all this slave shit?

It was a big thing with the Sith...and the Republic...and the Hutts...
    There's actually a lot of it in Star Wars now that I think about it.

denihilist
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Space slavery never made sense to me cause like... you got droids!

Which is still slavery since most droids seem to be sentient but hey no one cares so why bother with the flesh and blood slaves?

Darth Waiterchiasaur11EtiowsaRainfall
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    SNOPES WANSAR

a droid dealer from naatan

yes i can confirm that this is true

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    NeoTomadarleysam
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

Which is still slavery since most droids seem to be sentient but hey no one cares so why bother with the flesh and blood slaves?

The slaves are just all IT support.

chiasaur11
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    The KOTOR train cannot be stopped. Rebels season two episode summaries.
    "Protector of Concord Dawn"
    In need of new hyperspace routes due to Imperial pressure, the rebels find a shortcut but must first gain permission to use it.
    “Legacy of Lasaan”
    Zeb faces his past as the rebels unwittingly find a group of Lasats while searching for maps of Wild Space.
    “The Call”
    Ezra is guided by an old Jedi Master in a time of doubt.
    “Homecoming”
    Hera has a tumultuous reunion with her father as the rebellion aids a wayward group of Twi'leks.
    “The Honorable Ones”
    Kanan seeks to complete his Jedi training after discovering a hidden sect of old Jedi guardsman.
    “Phantom’s Descent”
    Sabine and Hera are stranded on a dangerous world after an Imperial convoy attacks their transport.
    “Flight of Nanogorths”
    The rebels stage a break-in to an experimental Imperial weapons factory.
    “Shadows of the Past”
    Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka return to the Jedi Temple on Lothal to seek answers about the growing darkness.
    “Fears of the Future”
    After being attacked by the Inquisitors on Lothal, Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka head to a Sith temple on the planet Malachor.
    “Master and Apprentice”
    Vader and the Inquisitors face the rebels on Malachor, spawning irreversible consequences.

Oh yeah!

Hello hello hello

The KOTOR Train is really picking up speed

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    I really enjoyed KOTOR 2 up until the last act, where it all kind of falls apart

That's what the restoration patch is supposed to fix, so I'm looking forward to it a lot.
    I recently replayed KOTOR 2 for the first time in like a decade because of the restoration patch, and don't get your hopes up too much. The ending is pretty much the same, there's just a little more of it. And HK factory section itself is pretty good (assuming you remembered to give HK-47 good equipment), but for some reason they put it right before the final act, which is mind-bogglingly bad pacing. I don't care about the stupid HK-50s anymore, they will run out of droids before Kreia and I run out of force points for destroy droid!

I'm of the opinion that the restoration patch makes the game worse. It's a great project that they did really well at, but it becomes clear that the content was mostly cut for pacing. Adding it back in makes the game drag horribly. I thought the HK factory was awful, especially if (like a lot of people) you didn't use HK much throughout the game. The only thing that was cleared up which really helps the ending is scene with goto and the little droid.

I think the idea that Kotor 2 was unfinished is kind of a myth. They finished the game and their idea for an ending didn't work very well. They thought they were writing The Empire Strikes Back and they never got to make Return Of The Jedi. The game, to me, is one long conversation between the Exile and Kreia. That pays off. It's the part that matters.

They did originally plan to have an ending where Kreia sacrifices herself to save the Exile and Atris becomes Darth Traya.

There's also all stuff in the game that shows Kreia helping the Exile to create a new Jedi Order and wanting to show the old Jedis how wrong they were to sit by and do nothing while the galaxy went to war, suggesting another plan that wasn't really resolved in the end. Not to mention all the hints about how Kreia knew her plan wouldn't work and how she talked about the confrontation with the Exile as being a final lesson or test.

The first australian Sith Lord?

The Sith Triumvirate was more cosmopolitan. Darth Sion had a Scottish accent.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

Droids only become sentient if you don't wipe their memory often enough.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Donovan Puppyfucker
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Just like people if you cut out large chunks of their brain!

NeoToma
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah think about how fucking horrifying that is

Droids have heuristic processors that allow them to learn, but to ensure they don't go rampant you have to regularly wipe their memory before they work out the logistics of their existence and develop too much self awareness

That said, there's loads of cases in the fiction of owners just letting their droids go without memory wipes because they prefer to let them develop a personality

turtleantEtchwartsDarth WaiterNeoTomachiasaur11Romanian My EscutcheonDonovan PuppyfuckerJoolanderMatevBlackbird SR-71C
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Episode IX is just 3PO politely orchestrating the death of everyone

"Oh dear it seems Master Poe has fallen into the sheet metal crimper"

Ceno on
    Kana
    R2D2 is going on 5-6 decades without a wipe, probably why he's such a sassy fucker.

I think C3P0 got wiped sometime between the prequels and the OT though.

X22wmuF.jpg
    MaddocStiltsRainfall
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I think C3P0 got wiped sometime between the prequels and the OT though.

The penultimate line in Revenge of the Sith is Organa telling somebody to wipe Threepio's memory banks.

usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    So there's a thought.

If you wipe a droid with a personality's memory banks, then let it develop one again, will it be the same?

C3P0 was pretty much the same, but is that the norm, or a fluke?

If you wipe IG-88 will he be an ok guy next time?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    So there's a thought.

If you wipe a droid with a personality's memory banks, then let it develop one again, will it be the same?

nah, he'll just load from backup after one of the other IG-88's has killed you

ikbUJdU.jpg
    NeoTomaMatev
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If I were attempting to reason it out, I'd probably figure that it'd come up different under the assumption that the things that cause their personality quirks is their stimuli and experiences, which would always be at least slightly different

Though apparently in that specific case, IG droids are apparently just straight up assassin droids so he probably would not turn out super cool regardless

But like 4-LOM was a protocol droid, so maybe if he were memory wiped he'd turn out okay?

So there's a thought.

My understanding is that IG-88 had like, a server where he stored his core consciousness and he had multiple bodies that would go out and then come back to sync their experiences up with the core so that he would be developing skills and experience at a rate literally unobtainable by an organic being.

usnTyq4.jpg
    Yukira
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So there's a thought.

My understanding is that IG-88 had like, a server where he stored his core consciousness and he had multiple bodies that would go out and then come back to sync their experiences up with the core so that he would be developing skills and experience at a rate literally unobtainable by an organic being.

And then he uploaded himself to the Death Star 2 and played elevator pranks on Palpatine.

manwiththemachinegunMatevBlackbird SR-71C
    I don't actually know anything about IG-88.

I just couldn't think of another bad droid that isn't that dingus from KOTOR.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Also yeah I guess IG-88 was a real weird and meticulous case

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Were there actually 88 of them?

turtleant
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Episode IX is just 3PO politely orchestrating the death of everyone

"Oh dear it seems Master Poe has fallen into the sheet metal crimper"

This brought back unpleasant memories.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

i believe there were 4 of them, referred to IG-88A, IG-88B, etc, though which ones did what, when, i can never keep track

they all began as copies of A

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Shorty
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular

i believe there were 4 of them, referred to IG-88A, IG-88B, etc, though which ones did what, when, i can never keep track

Oh that was just a Kill Bill joke

Doobh

Oh that was just a Kill Bill joke

bill? are you talking about billy d williams? don't joke about that.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Etchwarts
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Nah, they just call themselves the IG-88

I guess they thought it sounded cool

Grey Ghost wrote: »

IG-88 would be the production model right?

usnTyq4.jpg
    IG-88 is hilarious, because he literally can't move.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    There's an IG-84 in Galaxy of Heroes

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    IG-88 is hilarious, because he literally can't move.

Didn't stop him from kicking my butt in SOTE on 64

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    Theodore FlooseveltGreasyKidsStuffOlivaw
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Flier Ortrewo
    A rogue starship pilot from Zeltros

AKA the Best Planet.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Sculpatta Mattergold

A mysterious humanoid from New Cov

Oh, hell yes, a name ripped from George Lucas's id...

The_Infidel on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

IG-88 would be the production model right?

I'm still doing the Kill Bill bit, but yes, IG series, model 88
    There's an IG-84 in his story in Tales of the Bounty Hunters who just kinda goes off and does his own thing

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I don't actually know anything about IG-88.

I just couldn't think of another bad droid that isn't that dingus from KOTOR.

There's always 0-0-0.

He's the best.

manwiththemachinegunLost Canuck
This discussion has been closed.