As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars] Nothing quite as thrilling as galactic politics.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    When The Empire Strikes Back was first released, the second or third biggest thing that people took away from the movie (after the “I am your father” thing and “I thought they smelled bad on the outside”) was just how awesome Boba Fett was. Sure, he didn’t really do anything in that movie other than pose, fly his ship, and watch as the frozen Han Solo got loaded into his cargo hold, but damn did he look really awesome when he did that stuff. When Return Of The Jedi finally gave Boba Fett an opportunity to do something, he promptly wasted that chance by falling into the Great Pit Of Carkoon where he was swallowed by the sarlacc and digested for a thousand years. Still, he probably looked really awesome while being digested.

However, the key lesson that Boba Fett teaches is that no matter how cool you look, you could still end up dying in a really stupid way. Apparently, though, body armor manufacturer AR500 Armor missed that second part, because it just announced a set of actual ballistic armor that is heavily inspired by the outfit Boba Fett wears.

12541118_765087446958507_9103901473390025549_n.jpg?oh=bdc6cd4b1decc1b4464e915ac74045eb&oe=573EB6F3

bloodatonementRenzoDarth WaiterVeldrinMidnitemanwiththemachinegunJoolanderdarunia106NothingDedwrekkaDarkPrimusDr. ChaosKwoaruchiasaur11Moth 13MatevBahamutZEROToxTofystedethAnzekayDesert LeviathanAndy JoeGoatmonmasterofmetroidFCD
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    I don't actually know anything about IG-88.

I just couldn't think of another bad droid that isn't that dingus from KOTOR.

There's always 0-0-0.

He's the best.

He speaks in the voice of Creepio, and nothing will convince me otherwise. Just listen to his dialog!

chiasaur11Lost CanuckDimosarMatev
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I'm Forgle Quarkleap, a bounty hunter from Zhar

starwars.namegeneratorfun.com/

With a name like that not even Dengar would want to hang out with me.
    Your Star Wars name is:

Ucldio Cosmosfire, a wanderer from Leria Kerlsil.

[IMG][/img]
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the generator gave me Throes as a first name and it's just like how did it not continue onwards and make me evil

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    When The Empire Strikes Back was first released, the second or third biggest thing that people took away from the movie (after the “I am your father” thing and “I thought they smelled bad on the outside”) was just how awesome Boba Fett was. Sure, he didn’t really do anything in that movie other than pose, fly his ship, and watch as the frozen Han Solo got loaded into his cargo hold, but damn did he look really awesome when he did that stuff. When Return Of The Jedi finally gave Boba Fett an opportunity to do something, he promptly wasted that chance by falling into the Great Pit Of Carkoon where he was swallowed by the sarlacc and digested for a thousand years. Still, he probably looked really awesome while being digested.

However, the key lesson that Boba Fett teaches is that no matter how cool you look, you could still end up dying in a really stupid way.
    Apparently, though, body armor manufacturer AR500 Armor missed that second part, because it just announced a set of actual ballistic armor that is heavily inspired by the outfit Boba Fett wears.
    12541118_765087446958507_9103901473390025549_n.jpg?oh=bdc6cd4b1decc1b4464e915ac74045eb&oe=573EB6F3

Sure, you can die in a stupid way regardless of how cool you look. Of course, if you look stupid you can still end up dying in a stupid way, it's just that nobody's going to be all that surprised when the dude wearing My Little Pony armor dies.

Given the option between armor that looks cool and armor that looks stupid, assuming they're comparable in protection, why wouldn't you pick the one that looks cool?

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    my main old republic dude is named "fargo vonn" which I didn't need a dumb star wars name generator to come up with, thank you very much

Etchwarts
    see317 wrote: »

However, the key lesson that Boba Fett teaches is that no matter how cool you look, you could still end up dying in a really stupid way.
    Apparently, though, body armor manufacturer AR500 Armor missed that second part, because it just announced a set of actual ballistic armor that is heavily inspired by the outfit Boba Fett wears.

Sure, you can die in a stupid way regardless of how cool you look. Of course, if you look stupid you can still end up dying in a stupid way, it's just that nobody's going to be all that surprised when the dude wearing My Little Pony armor dies.

Given the option between armor that looks cool and armor that looks stupid, assuming they're comparable in protection, why wouldn't you pick the one that looks cool?

That is really cool, wish it was real.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Hey, if anyone wants to help me and name some of the dumbest things they've come across in EU, that would be rad. Jedi Academy is the time limit I'm drawing (which is good, and not that dumb).

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

it is real it's made by http://www.ar500armor.com/

the armour's specific site is ryanbflowers.com/galactac.html but is extremely slow due to obvious reasons

http://geektyrant.com/news/real-life-military-grade-boba-fett-inspired-tactical-armor

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I can't imagine visibility is great with that visor

Donovan Puppyfucker
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    R2D2 is going on 5-6 decades without a wipe, probably why he's such a sassy fucker.

I think C3P0 got wiped sometime between the prequels and the OT though.

Valar morghulis ... Bail Organa!

DimosarMidnite
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Hey, if anyone wants to help me and name some of the dumbest things they've come across in EU, that would be rad. Jedi Academy is the time limit I'm drawing (which is good, and not that dumb).

I just read a decent Star Wars book that had a villain named Prelate Verge

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Man, gun culture is really weird.

Blake THobnailDonovan PuppyfuckerFroThulhu
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

Nah. It's a lot like "gamer culture"

Most gun shops and ranges have the same vibe as a GameStop

Hell, Gamergaters are a lot like the NRA

HawkstoneKanaFroThulhu
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

It's how people who say they "too macho" for cosplay and LARPing convince themselves they're different

Darth WaiterMidnite
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    No jetpack, no sale.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    FroThulhu
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    As someone who is a firearms hobbyist and at one point had a Soldier of Fortune subscription I can very confidently say that gun culture is out to fuckin lunch off its rocker pants shitting nutso town

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Darth WaiterThe Geek
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I thought that was themed airsoft gear.

b1ehrMM.gif

it is real it's made by http://www.ar500armor.com/

the armour's specific site is ryanbflowers.com/galactac.html but is extremely slow due to obvious reasons

http://geektyrant.com/news/real-life-military-grade-boba-fett-inspired-tactical-armor
    Hobnail wrote: »
    As someone who is a firearms hobbyist and at one point had a Soldier of Fortune subscription I can very confidently say that gun culture is out to fuckin lunch off its rocker pants shitting nutso town

Look, I'm not a gun guy, though I can't say I would never own one.

But I need that armor... for reasons.

EvilCakeKana
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Yah, gonna be getting some of the airsoft version of that armor for the Star Wars LARP I'm going to later this year

Alphard Quasarghost, a wanderer from Concord Dawn. Yup, definitely feeding the Mandalorian vibe I've got going on name generator.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Your Star Wars name is:Acethea Quasarblast
    A starship racer from Drongar.

steam_sig.png
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I already have my star wars name, and it was the Random one from Star Wars Galaxies: Obos Ma'Fey (Bothan). I loaded up a swg fan server and the rules said I couldn't use the apostrophe! reserved for twileks and wookies only! CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?! THE NERVE.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    FCD
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I already have my star wars name, and it was the Random one from Star Wars Galaxies: Obos Ma'Fey (Bothan). I loaded up a swg fan server and the rules said I couldn't use the apostrophe! reserved for twileks and wookies only! CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?! THE NERVE.

Same here, my Star Wars name from swg was Arsani Co'lace, intergalactic spice lord.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    Elbasunu
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    You people are looking at Strung Dexapo, a foolish young hero from the Aparo Sector.

I feel like a drug commercial.

Yukira
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I'm Itchy aka Itchbacca

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It's star wars day at work so everyone is dressed like their favorite star wars and they put star wars movies on all the tvs

there's food too, but I don't know if the food is star wars yet

bloodatonementFCD
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ten Hitoft
    A Jedi Master from Wroona

reporting for Sith-slaying duty!

FroThulhu
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Ten Hitoft
    A Jedi Master from Wroona

reporting for Sith-slaying duty!
    While Wroonians had been part of the Expanded Universe for years, the first Wroonian to appear in the Star Wars movies was played by George Lucas. However, after the airing of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode, Trespass, N. Papanoida's species was changed to a Pantoran, meaning that the Wroonians no longer appear in the Star Wars movies, though they may have a link with the Pantorans.[1]

honovere on
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I've been playing a lot of Galaxy of Heroes; it's shockingly engaging? Even when I hit a slump and don't want to play, i'll check in every day and do a challenge or two and then surprise earn some really cool shit and want to keep playing.

It has light card game aspects that I enjoy.

Also I had no idea that the most powerful character in the Star Wars universe was First Order Tie Fighter Pilot

Tairu on
    Nechriah
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I'm FROM Wroona, not necessarily Wroonian.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I had a dream last night that I saw the first 5 minutes or so of Episode 8.
    There is a Resistance Base on an Ice Planet. It isn't Hoth, but in the same way Jakku wasn't Tattooine, so it might as well have been for all the visual diversity offered by these weird single-biome planets.

Anyway. Resistance Base. Ice Planet. A dude is coming back from patrol, dressed in all-white powered armor (and on foot towing his hovering space-snowmobile by hand for some reason). He enters a gate behind which there is a narrow chokepoint with four guards in heavy furs blocking a second much more heavy door. The guards challenge him for his name and security code.

Through heavy vocal distortion from his helmet, he identifies himself as Poe Dameron, and rattles off like a 30-digit security code that totally sounds like he's making it up as he goes. He makes a huff about being a High Ranking Officer, and how dare these gate guys waste his time like this! The gate guys laugh in a way that indicates that this is an old and familiar joke. It seems clear, in context, that they are mocking some third party who is too big for his space-britches.

Then, suddenly, one of the gate guys goes "Hey, Poe got back ten minutes ago! Who the hell are you?!"

Power armor guy freezes. Tentatively, he offers "I'm... new. New guy. New guy, new name. Uh. I'm... Rylo? R-rylo.. Ken?"

"Oh, that's cool, good to have you on the team, new guy!" says one of the gate guys. "Go on insi... wait!!! Did you say Kylo Ren?!!"

"No!" says white power armor guy, and then "Crap!", and his bulky white armor launches off of him to reveal equally bulky black armor underneath, including a cape that a long slender robot arm unrolls from a tube across his shoulders, a little like pulling down a projector screen. Everyone is very still while this happens. It takes a few seconds.

And then he draws his lightsaber and starts cuttin' heads off dudes. But in a particularly inept, panicky way. If you took a kid who has just heard his parent's footsteps outside his bedroom door, and he's trying simultaneously to close down multiple browser windows on his computer and pull his pants back on without getting his dick caught in his zipper, and you distilled that kid's frenzy of awkward motion into a Laser Sword Combat Style, that is how "Rylo Ken" fights these four gate guys.

At this point, I woke up. But I think the concept has promise.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    ToxFishmanchiasaur11FCDDarkPrimusMatev
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    It's star wars day at work so everyone is dressed like their favorite star wars and they put star wars movies on all the tvs

there's food too, but I don't know if the food is star wars yet

I'm not sure what dressing up like The Empire Strikes Back looks like, but I guess I gotta try.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    One time when I interviewed Mark Hamill, he said that Anthony Daniels once congratulated him on creating a robot even gayer than C-3P0, speaking of his character Larry 3000 from Time Squad.

BLM - ACAB
    Desert LeviathanDoobhTofystedethMatevsarukunbelligerent
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    One time when I interviewed Mark Hamill, he said that Anthony Daniels once congratulated him on creating a robot even gayer than C-3P0, speaking of his character Larry 3000 from Time Squad.

That was Hammil? I had no idea.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Tore Binarflame, A troublemaker from Sermeria

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    GreasyKidsStuff on
    TofystedethFCDDarkPrimusFroThulhusarukundarunia106
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Cool to see Poe get his own comic.

Rey and Finn now please.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    FCD
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Cool to see Poe get his own comic.

Rey and Finn now please.

Probably won't see either of those till after Episode 8 - doing anything that takes place before TFA wouldn't make much sense, doing anything after would probably spoil some of the plot for 8.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    BlankZoemasterofmetroidMaddocDedwrekka
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Yeah

Poe is older than Rey and Finn so having his younger pre movie adventures makes sense

Before TFA Finn was a Stormtrooper and Rey was scavanging junk on Jakku, not exactly fertile grounds for comics

I think Kylo Ren could get a miniseries though, set
    after he betrays Luke but before TFA

And they definitely aren't gonna do anything set after TFA, at least not until much closer to Episode 8 and even then it will probably be very minor like Shattered Empire was

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    JayKaos
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I think even Kylo is pretty unlikely, would be hard to do it without giving away details about
    the fate of Luke's other students, Snoke, etc

that may end up being key to whatever big plot reveals happen in 8.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    TurambarDedwrekkamasterofmetroid
This discussion has been closed.