As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MechWarrior Online] Shut this s**t down, it's gotten too weird. (Thread done!)

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    I'm impressed with your restraint, Padre.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    There is definitely something wrong with the critability of weapons in assault STs.

Took my new banshee for a spin.

3xAC5 in the left ST.

First enemy contact, first shot and all 3 AC5 vanish. No the ST wasn't blown off, just instant all weapons destroyed the microsecond the armor is breached..and sometimes it doesn't even wait for armor to be gone.

I'd post about it on the MWO forums but they don't have a bug reports forum or anyplace that seems suitable to post it.
    It's not a bug, it's just you not understanding how crits work in this game. One PPC round, even the same one that breaks your armor, is entirely capable of knocking out three weapons immediately.

So what you're saying is getting 3+ components in a ST critted out and destroyed on the first shot, every match, every time, as reliably as a Swiss watch, is working as intended?

Cause this is literally across hundreds of drops. Assaults with weapons mounted in CTs and arms don't have this problem. Lights, Mediums and Heavies don't have the problem at all. Anything in an assault ST? First shot, every time. Like clockwork, with absolutely no randomization.

Even the Atlas D with its Anti-Receiving Crit quirks, will lose its AC20 99.9% of the time on the first shot received. Reliably, every drop, like clockwork, with absolutely zero randomization. No other weapon location on assaults has this level of critable reliability, and no other mech deals with it at all.

I'm drunk enough to tweet russ. Whatcha want me to say.

"You're a c-

"Our observation over hundreds of matches have shown that Crits against assault mech STs don't seem random, but always seem to trigger, and for maximum component damage resulting in everything in the ST being reliably destroyed in the first salvo without fail and no sense of randomness. No other mech class seems to suffer this issue, and items located in other locations of assault mechs don't seem to suffer this issue."

Tweets have a character limit. Gotta cut it down some.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    There is definitely something wrong with the critability of weapons in assault STs.

3xAC5 in the left ST.

First enemy contact, first shot and all 3 AC5 vanish. No the ST wasn't blown off, just instant all weapons destroyed the microsecond the armor is breached..and sometimes it doesn't even wait for armor to be gone.

I'd post about it on the MWO forums but they don't have a bug reports forum or anyplace that seems suitable to post it.
    It's not a bug, it's just you not understanding how crits work in this game. One PPC round, even the same one that breaks your armor, is entirely capable of knocking out three weapons immediately.

So what you're saying is getting 3+ components in a ST critted out and destroyed on the first shot, every match, every time, as reliably as a Swiss watch, is working as intended?

Cause this is literally across hundreds of drops. Assaults with weapons mounted in CTs and arms don't have this problem. Lights, Mediums and Heavies don't have the problem at all. Anything in an assault ST? First shot, every time. Like clockwork, with absolutely no randomization.

Even the Atlas D with its Anti-Receiving Crit quirks, will lose its AC20 99.9% of the time on the first shot received. Reliably, every drop, like clockwork, with absolutely zero randomization. No other weapon location on assaults has this level of critable reliability, and no other mech deals with it at all.

"You're a c-

"Our observation over hundreds of matches have shown that Crits against assault mech STs don't seem random, but always seem to trigger, and for maximum component damage resulting in everything in the ST being reliably destroyed in the first salvo without fail and no sense of randomness. No other mech class seems to suffer this issue, and items located in other locations of assault mechs don't seem to suffer this issue."

Too many characters. I'll condense it.

"Russ. Pass through crits. Wtf mate?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    What use are structure quirks when 1 shot can destroy 3 weapons even if you had some armor left?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    What use are structure quirks when 1 shot can destroy 3 weapons even if you had some armor left?

been my argument since the implementation of structure quirks.

Big whoop. You get to live without weapons one alpha longer.

• Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular

3xAC5 in the left ST.

"You're a c-

Are we actually talking about through-armor crits, or are we talking about Padre's incredible powers of confirmation bias/possible ancient mummy curse? The latter two options aren't really useful things to tweet the devs about.

I've done a lot of drops in my AWS variants, and I have only occasionally lost everything as soon as the armor's breached.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I suspect that buttcleft's experiences are at least in part due to confirmation bias. However for mechs with the "advantage" of bonus structure, they are going to spend more time where they've been disarmed via critted weapons but aren't quite dead yet.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So I'm not feeling the Griffons.

Tried both SRM and LRM builds, but most matches I don't even break 200 damage.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

I like them, I think, but you have to keep in mind they don't have quirks that help their durability, so play very carefully.

Also they don't have missile heat quirks, so LRM builds can actually run into heat issues while firing, which is all sorts of silly.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

3xAC5 in the left ST.

"You're a c-

Are we actually talking about through-armor crits, or are we talking about Padre's incredible powers of confirmation bias/possible ancient mummy curse? The latter two options aren't really useful things to tweet the devs about.

I've done a lot of drops in my AWS variants, and I have only occasionally lost everything as soon as the armor's breached.

Its hardly confirmation bias when it is an inscrutable fact that I will lose everything in the side torso in the first alpha every. single. time.

When any other assault with arm or CT mounted weapons can go forever without armor and only get one, veeerry rarely two weapons critted in a random, actually how it should work fashion.

the SRM build is heavily dependent on the speed an XL300 gives you. are you using an XL 300?

• Options
    In daily Clan baddies crying about balance, someone whining about IS boating LPLs, talking up the scariness of seeing one lance of guys put 12 LPLs on a mech with their fearsome combined alpha! A whole 33 points of damage per mech!

There might be some things to complain about, if you care to, but holy moly is IS Alpha vs Clan Alpha *not* one of them.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Spectrum wrote: »
    In daily Clan baddies crying about balance, someone whining about IS boating LPLs, talking up the scariness of seeing one lance of guys put 12 LPLs on a mech with their fearsome combined alpha! A whole 33 points of damage per mech!

There might be some things to complain about, if you care to, but holy moly is IS Alpha vs Clan Alpha *not* one of them.

I know it's all the rage to bash Clan whining......so here's more fuel for that fire.

Wow. A whole 33-point alpha by boating large pulses? Keen. It's too bad the Clans don't have a mech that can match that kind of firepower in a medium or heavier chassis...

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    an arctic cheetah can put out an alpha greater than 33dam.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

3xAC5 in the left ST.

"You're a c-

Its hardly confirmation bias when it is an inscrutable fact that I will lose everything in the side torso in the first alpha every. single. time.

When any other assault with arm or CT mounted weapons can go forever without armor and only get one, veeerry rarely two weapons critted in a random, actually how it should work fashion.

Record your matches so you have actual data you can give the devs when it happens.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Syngyne wrote: »

3xAC5 in the left ST.

"You're a c-

Record your matches so you have actual data you can give the devs when it happens.

if only I had a system that could handle that.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I guess I'll write the dissenting opinion here and mention that I'd actually equip IS large pulses on my clan 'mechs if I could. The other IS lasers are pretty much garbage, but I'd trade the weight and range of the clan large pulse for the heat efficiency (esp. regarding ghost heat at 4 instead of 3) and sweet, sweet 0.67s beam duration of the IS version.

[Edit: XO--I looked for you in that last match as well, but it wasn't meant to be. I was in a splat summoner and had to play away from your team's deathball due to range limits.]

CycloneRanger on
  • Options
    the clan LPL is basically a ERPPC with less range.

• Options

3xAC5 in the left ST.

"You're a c-

What video card do you have? If it's an Nvidia card and you have Geforce Experience, you have all the recording tools you need (ShadowPlay is amazeballs).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

3xAC5 in the left ST.

"You're a c-

What video card do you have? If it's an Nvidia card and you have Geforce Experience, you have all the recording tools you need (ShadowPlay is amazeballs).

I have a single mechanical hard drive with no room, and a g3258 that probably cant handle encoding while gaming.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular

3xAC5 in the left ST.

"You're a c-

I've heard nothing but good things about shadowplay. I believe the beta steam client has live streaming and recording built in if you've gone that route.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

3xAC5 in the left ST.

"You're a c-

the SRM build is heavily dependent on the speed an XL300 gives you. are you using an XL 300?

My -1N has the XL320, 3xSRM6s and 3MPLs.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options

3xAC5 in the left ST.

"You're a c-

I have a single mechanical hard drive with no room, and a g3258 that probably cant handle encoding while gaming.

Surprisingly (I had to look this up), the G-series of Intel Pentium chips meets the requirements for ShadowPlay. But yes, the limited available space on your HDD is a much more difficult hurdle to get over (at least immediately, that is).

• Options
    the clan LPL is basically a ERPPC with less range.
    Sometimes I wonder if you and I are playing the same game, Padre. The whole reason to use PPCs in the first place is that they're fire-and-forget. With a PPC, you don't have to sit there and hold the beam on target for over a second. It's why I prefer a quad-PPC Warhawk to the quad-LPL version, despite ERPPCs being generally suboptimal these days.

• Options
    I guess I'll write the dissenting opinion here and mention that I'd actually equip IS large pulses on my clan 'mechs if I could. The other IS lasers are pretty much garbage, but I'd trade the weight and range of the clan large pulse for the heat efficiency (esp. regarding ghost heat at 4 instead of 3) and sweet, sweet 0.67s beam duration of the IS version.

[Edit: XO--I looked for you in that last match as well, but it wasn't meant to be. I was in a splat summoner and had to play away from your team's deathball due to range limits.]

That is not a dissenting opinion, it's a tangent. The issue isn't that IS LPL is a good/bad weapon system (it's a good one), the issue was a Clan player complaining about organized alpha from an IS lance.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Anyway, to call back to a previous conversation, the QKD-4G is a monster:
    NAi6M2n.jpg

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Stealing a topic from reddit:

There's been a whole stream of sales over the past few weeks. What are all the mechs you folks have picked up and what are your verdicts?

For me:
    King Crabs - All good, 000 with 4xUAC/5 is the best. Don't listen to the haters, the Church of Dakka is still here.
    Quickdraws - The 4G is great. I think the 4H is okay and I hate the 5K.
    Griffins - The 2N is solid, the others are probably mediocre at best.

I don't remember if I got the Grasshoppers before they came on sale or during, but the 5H is a murderer, the 5P's okay, and the 5J is kinda bad for a Grasshopper but still a decent mech overall.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Stealing a topic from reddit:

There's been a whole stream of sales over the past few weeks. What are all the mechs you folks have picked up and what are your verdicts?

For me:
    King Crabs - All good, 000 with 4xUAC/5 is the best. Don't listen to the haters, the Church of Dakka is still here.
    Quickdraws - The 4G is great. I think the 4H is okay and I hate the 5K.
    Griffins - The 2N is solid, the others are probably mediocre at best.

I don't remember if I got the Grasshoppers before they came on sale or during, but the 5H is a murderer, the 5P's okay, and the 5J is kinda bad for a Grasshopper but still a decent mech overall.

3 Timberwolves, 3 quickdraws, 3 awesomes, 3 banshees, a direwolf, a blackjack, an atlas.

Plus I got a champion cicada from the event that was just before all the sales.

• Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    Jager DD was the only thing I've gotten that was on sale recently (bought it like a day before the sale was announced, boo). It's great, of course.

Only other mechs I have and use regularly are 3 Ravens (Huginn, 3L, 4x), a Grid Iron, 3 Catapults (Jester, C1, A1), and a Misery. I can vouch for all of them being viable and fun at least in solo quick play. I'm planning to get more Hunchies and Stalkers for mastery purposes.

I also have a Jenner D, a Cent AH, and Atlas S that are all waiting for c-bills and motivation to take them out. Jenners I think aren't very good anymore, being outclassed by several later lights. Same with Cents I guess. Atlas is still Atlas. Eventually I'll probably kit out the S and pick up a couple other variants.

There's plenty of stuff I would have liked to have gotten during these sales - more Jagers, Crabs, Grasshoppers, Battlemasters and more. Quite a few good-looking options. Can't bring myself to grind out that much cash, though.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I'm working on my third Crab. It'll be the first I master, and then also the first that I, hopefully, rather than buying stuff like new mechs, actually go through to a full-assed build with stuff like "The correct engine I want" and "Modules". 27SL is my LPL-boat best friend, but I have the 27B going as sort of an ERLL sniper. If I can raise the C-bills for the 20 I plan on making that into a short-mid-ranged MPL brawler and call it a crabby day.

I've also bought a Panther on sale and a Grasshopper.

My current plan, assuming nothing crazy goes on crazy sale or anything, is finish mastering the Crabs, build the 27SL to completion(which would also build the 27B to completion since I want the same engine for both of them), then maybe get the correct engine finally for my Raven, or start working on my Firestarter.

• Options
    Panther is pretty solid. My favorite build is xl200 and 2xLPL.

Though 3xLL and 2xERPPC is also fun

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Yeah my Panther is 2ERPPC with an XL235.

It's really dumb. I actually have not been liking it as much as I feel I should... I end up just running around the battlefield plinking at targets all game, and then the total damage I've done is way lower than it seems like it should be. I mean it's fine for a light, and it's fun to play, and it feels fun, it just doesn't really do the damage that I'd like it to.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Didn't buy a whole lot durring the sale. Picked up 2 more Quickdraws, but haven't used them. Couple more Battlemasters, but haven't used them either. Another Cicada, also haven't used. Vindicator 1AA; solid pop tart. Fun but the BJ can do it better. Picked up a couple more blackjacks, but haven't used them yet...

Ugh

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular

yeah, except clanners do a lot more damage at their max range than IS could ever hope. Clanners could engage beyond their optimal and still, at worst, do the same damage as an IS ERLL boat.

Also the miniscule increase of their heat over IS means nothing because both their raw damage and DPS is higher.

also they can squeeze in more DHS because their heatsinks are both smaller, and can be fitted in greater numbers both thanks to the size and reduced weight and, in reference to CERLL, size of clan weapons.

the only advantage IS had is one or two ERLL boats that could match their range, big whoop. It didn't match clans raw alpha power, their greater DPS potential, or the greater opportunities lighter weapons, and the afformentioned smaller DHS, give them.

This isn't a table top game where the god of dice rule with a merciless indifference. This is a first person shooter where steady aim and raw damage alpha is absolute, and the clans will always rule that.
    "Miniscule increase" is kind of understating the Clan heat situation. With the exception of the C-SPLs and C-ERSL, Clan lasers generate one point of heat for every additional point of damage they deal over their IS counterparts. That means quite a lot more than nothing, I'd say.

And the issue here isn't that the ERLL boats matched their range. They'd still match their range with just +10% range quirk. The issue was that they would exceed their range by quite a lot, on top of big heat reductions, cooldown reductions, and a bigger ghost-free alpha.

And don't make the FPS vs dice game argument against me. I've had to use it against TT grognards on the official forums for years now.

I wouldn't necessarily say that IS mechs run cooler than Clans. Their weapons are a bit cooler, sure, but the damage/ton swings back towards Clan, so they can choose to take lighter weapons that still perform like heavier ones and then load back up on more Heatsinks. (Which are also easier to cram more in because they take less crits.)
    They'd certainly have to run hotter to utilize their range advantage. Clan smalls and small pulses are broken OP compared to their IS counterparts, but they're still short range weapons.

Without perks, clan tech is better than IS tech. Full stop. The ONLY aspect where IS stands has any arguable advantage over clans without perks is in the ballistic performance because one high damage shot is greater than a burst of weaker shots. However that flawed analysis fails to take into account the fact that the clan autocannon is distinctly lighter weight AND is an ultra-autocannon capable of putting out far more damage potential than IS can match because the IS doesn't have access to ultra 10's and 20's in this era.

For the thousandth time. CLAN MECHS DO NOT RUN HOTTER THAN IS MECHS. Clan weaponry is more heat efficient thanks to the the size and tonnage advantages of clan weapons and clan DHS.

The only reason clan mechs ride the redline is because they get greedy boating a billion lasers. If an IS mech tried to mount enough lasers to match the damage output of a clan mech, then the IS mech will be generating FAR more heat than the clan mech.

*snip*

There are only two things preventing universal clan superiority.

1: Lame duck clan mechs that are hobbled by being locked into poor equipment configurations. This is dumb and should be removed because it is not a valid clan vs IS balancing mechanism because it does absolutely nothing to hinder clan mechs that are locked into optimal or near optimal configurations.
    2: IS mechs get quirks that let them excel at some niche.

From a logical standpoint if you're trying to asymmetrically balance the two factions and one faction's trait is that in general they're are superior to the other at literally everything, then the quirks need to let the IS mech not just match but OUTPERFORM the clan mech in its little niche. Otherwise you're stuck with a situation where the IS mech is worse than the clan mech in most fields, and either slightly less worse than or on parity in its quirked niche. That's simply not balanced.

In lore and tabletop, clans were far superior to IS mechs and it worked because:
    1. Clans were universally outnumbered by IS
    2. Clans were universally out-tonned by IS
    3. Clans were universally bound into making poor tactical and strategic decisions due to their warped honor code (except when Clan Wolf needs to be the Davions of the clans and win at everything)

But none of those factors are present in MWO. If you're going to even pretend to have a balanced game, then clan mechs in MWO SHOULD BE HOLLOW SHELLS COMPARED TO HOW THEY ARE DEPICTED IN TT AND LORE. They can't always be better than the IS mechs in all things. The IS mechs need to be superior at something. (and that something can't be a slow waddling punching bag with a heavy standard engine that has had all its weapons critted away but hasn't been put out of its misery quite yet because it has a glutton of structure quirks).

1. Look, I'm not here to argue the balance of Clan vs IS tech. Clan tech is for the most part better, yes. I never claimed otherwise. But Quirks have done a pretty decent job of fixing the imbalances. Comparing unquirked IS tech vs. unquirked Clan tech is pointless because I'm not arguing to get rid of quirks in general. We're arguing about one particular quirk change that you all seem to think is a bad idea, but I think is probably fine. Half of your arguments here seem to assume I'm some kind of dirty clan sympathizer or apologist. This is absolutely not the case.

2. When I mentioned the IS ballistic advantage, I wasn't ignoring weight. I specifically called out the Gauss as the exception since they're functionally identical except for weight. Clan Autocannons would be similarly superior if not for their burst fire nature, which makes them less efficient at dealing damage. The double-shot is only truly effective against slow or stationary targets because of the burst fire. That's why you don't see Ultra autocannons so much outside of and IICs (which can't swap out the ballistic hardpoint) and Dakka Whales . I guess Ultra-AC2s aren't burst fire anymore, but AC2s aren't great weapons anyway.

3. I measure heat efficiency in damage per heat, and under that metric, most clan lasers are terribly inefficient, especially with IS quirks in the mix. The only exceptions are C-ERSLs and C-SPLs, which are objectively superior to their IS counterparts. Since Clan Laservomit is the order of the day, it's fair to say Clan mechs tend to run hot. This has nothing to do with greed. Laservomit works, and it's generally the most effective playstyle in the game.

The relevant comparison to make here is not ML vs C-ERML, but ERLL vs C-ERLL. That's the reason they're making the change, and I think I've outlined why reducing the IS range quirk is probably fine in this case. Even with just the +10% range quirk, an IS ERLL is still okay compared to the C-ERLL. Slightly bigger, heavier, and with lower damage potential, but more heat efficient and easier to use. Add other quirks into the mix (which the IS mech is almost guaranteed to have) and the IS ERLL looks even better. If PGI does this right (60:40 odds these days), they'd give the de-quirked mechs something else to

4. Clan mechs are absolutely hollow shells compared to their TT depiction. Their weapons are hotter compared to TT, are for the most part far less efficient at dealing damage than their IS counterparts (burst fire, missile streaming, higher laser durations, etc.). And most importantly, IS mechs are far, far stronger in this game than they were in TT thanks to easy customization an quirks.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »

It's really dumb. I actually have not been liking it as much as I feel I should... I end up just running around the battlefield plinking at targets all game, and then the total damage I've done is way lower than it seems like it should be. I mean it's fine for a light, and it's fun to play, and it feels fun, it just doesn't really do the damage that I'd like it to.

If you want dumb, try the Panther 10P with 2 AC2s and 5 tons of ammo. Now that's a dumb, fun build.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I managed to pick up, basic, and sell Quickdraws. I did like the 4G but ended up only keeping the 5K. I also picked up a couple Griffins, though I'm probably going to get rid of the 3M since it is, at best, a 2N without ECM. I also got the Cicada 2B and 3M to match the 2A(C) they gave away, but I haven't really used them yet.

The best mechs I've picked up have been the Loki Prime and A. Still need a B though, hopefully they'll be back on sale sometime

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited February 2016

If you want dumb, try the Panther 10P with 2 AC2s and 5 tons of ammo. Now that's a dumb, fun build.

That's..interesting

The most interesting build I've found was all MGs and 2xSRM4. Basically a super shitty Huginn

I should probably basic it some time but..its just not good compared to the other panthers.

edit
    Haha apparently you can fit a gauss rifle on it with a 180xl, only two tons of ammo though.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I need to try an AC2 mech sometime

any suggestions?

That's..interesting

The most interesting build I've found was all MGs and 2xSRM4. Basically a super shitty Huginn

I should probably basic it some time but..its just not good compared to the other panthers.

edit
    Haha apparently you can fit a gauss rifle on it with a 180xl, only two tons of ammo though.

Hah, like a Hollander on a panther chassis

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    I need to try an AC2 mech sometime

any suggestions?

King Crab with 6xAC2

Also, this Panther is almost..viable

PNT-10P 1xAC10 1xSRM4 180XL

• Options

That's..interesting

edit

This stupid thing actually performs slightly better than my global average.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    So my SSD died and I had to redownload MWO and I did it through steam this time. Anyone having issues with it crashing after you log into the MWO client? win 10 64bit

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png