As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MechWarrior Online] Shut this s**t down, it's gotten too weird. (Thread done!)

1939495969799»

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    even the mad dog is kind of meh, to be honest. You can do a pile of SRMs I guess but I'd rather just run that on a scrow

hellbringer's pretty great though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    even the mad dog is kind of meh, to be honest. You can do a pile of SRMs I guess but I'd rather just run that on a scrow

While you can have a pile of SRMs on a Stormcrow, the Mad Dog lets you pile on the SRMs *and* still have backup lasers.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Elvenshae
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

While you can have a pile of SRMs on a Stormcrow, the Mad Dog lets you pile on the SRMs *and* still have backup lasers.

MDD-A 6xSRM6 5xERML

Buttcleft wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »

MDD-A 6xSRM6 5xERML

I prefer MDD-PRIME (6xSRM6+A, 4xERML). It's less heat efficient, but the tighter cluster of angry bees makes it more effective in concentrating the damage (thus requiring fewer shots to bring down a target).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I still think they should abandon the hard locked equipment on clan mechs. All it does is hamstring a lot of mechs and lead to less variety on the battlefield. Some will still be cursed due to poor geometry, hitboxes, and weapon placement, but that's more of an equal opportunity problem experienced by both IS and Clan.

The overpowered clan mechs all have optimal or near optimal locked equipment anyway. You might as well remove the locks, let more clan mechs stand on equal footing with their godly peers, and hopefully that will clear up the muddy water of the IS vs Clan balance situation enough get the devs to focus on the core balance issues between IS and clan like the clan XL engine and all of the lightweight clan weapons.

But I think I'm a broken record at this point.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    I still think they should abandon the hard locked equipment on clan mechs. All it does is hamstring a lot of mechs and lead to less variety on the battlefield. Some will still be cursed due to poor geometry, hitboxes, and weapon placement, but that's more of an equal opportunity problem experienced by both IS and Clan.

The overpowered clan mechs all have optimal or near optimal locked equipment anyway. You might as well remove the locks, let more clan mechs stand on equal footing with their godly peers, and hopefully that will clear up the muddy water of the IS vs Clan balance situation enough get the devs to focus on the core balance issues between IS and clan like the clan XL engine and all of the lightweight clan weapons.

Yeah, no.

Clans are already massively imbalanced and broken, don't need to make it even more so.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

The problem with this is that there are certain Omnipods that people don't use due to locked equipment. For example, there's a ST in the Timber Wolf that has a ballistics slot, but also 2 jump jets, which limits the ballistics. If you got rid of those JJ's, it would just do more to make TW's the kings of clan.

Betsuni
    TW's already are the king of the clans. They have been literally since day 1 of the invasion.

If it meant ultimately getting meaningful balance changes like normalized XL engines between IS and clams and BS like IS missile launchers literally weighing double that of their clam cousin becoming a thing of the past, then I fully support removing the locked equipment that doesn't meaningfully impact the clans best and brightest anyway.

But as it stands, true balance changes won't happen because any clan v IS balance discussion gets shutdown by "clans aren't OP. Look at the Thor. Look at the Myth Lynx and Badder" as they pout with puppy dog eyes to the devs before proceeding to pilot Timberwolves and Arctic cheetahs every day.

Get rid of the deadweight that only hampers the clan's worst and then the balance gulf between IS and clan will be so apparent that even PGI will have to take notice.

3DS Friend Code:
    TW's already are the king of the clans. They have been literally since day 1 of the invasion.

If it meant ultimately getting meaningful balance changes like normalized XL engines between IS and clams and BS like IS missile launchers literally weighing double that of their clam cousin becoming a thing of the past, then I fully support removing the locked equipment that doesn't meaningfully impact the clans best and brightest anyway.

But as it stands, true balance changes won't happen because any clan v IS balance discussion gets shutdown by "clans aren't OP. Look at the Thor. Look at the Myth Lynx and Badder" as they pout with puppy dog eyes to the devs before proceeding to pilot Timberwolves and Arctic cheetahs every day.

Get rid of the deadweight that only hampers the clan's worst and then the balance gulf between IS and clan will be so apparent that even PGI will have to take notice.

You sweet summer child.

Heffling
  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular

I see the reasoning here but I think you're underestimating the depth of PGI's incompetence.

ElldrenKonphujunBetsuninonoffensiveHefflingSupraluminal
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    There is already less variety on both sides thanks to the quirks and the internet. Most of the time I just do a visual scan on an enemy to know what I'm going up against. Used to be I would sit and wait for the scan to go off on them before determining what I need to do.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    There is already less variety on both sides thanks to the quirks and the internet. Most of the time I just do a visual scan on an enemy to know what I'm going up against. Used to be I would sit and wait for the scan to go off on them before determining what I need to do.

Naw, I think the 50% heavy stack in the Public Queue is a great indicator of the variety of strengths needed to excel as a member of a team in this game /s. If I'm playing a Light or Medium, I can't actually look at anything without my face getting immediately melted off by 8 lasers. If I'm in an Assault, I can look once. If I'm in a heavy, I'm still waiting in the queue, so I'll have to get back to you later.

ButtcleftKonphujunBetsuniGaslightHefflingElvenshaeBRIAN BLESSED
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Positivity lance in full swing over here.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    NipsElvenshae
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Positivity lance in full swing over here.

I'm saving my positivity for the weekend.
    and by "positivity" I mean a bottle of this
    5swge4zdslu1.jpg

ElldrenBetsuninonoffensiveHefflingKonphujunNipsElvenshae
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    @Nips we need a new thread! stat!

kx3klFE.png
    I need lancemates to group with. Where is everyone? Stop worrying about work tomorrow this is more important.

edited February 2016
    Tayrun wrote: »

I see the reasoning here but I think you're underestimating the depth of PGI's incompetence

The main thing I'm trying to say is that removing the equipment locks would hardly make things worse since the problem clan mechs already aren't inconvenienced by their locked equipment. It repeatedly gets touted as a balancing mechanism between the clan omnis and IS battlemechs, but it really does nothing to significantly inhibit the Timberwolf, stormcrow, ebj, Arctic cheetah, etc.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Konphujun
    What the fuck is this new shit with light mechs just teleporting around? Literally just disappearing and reappearing elsewhere instantly. Had continuous visual on them and all.

Servers shitting themselves?

I see the reasoning here but I think you're underestimating the depth of PGI's incompetence

The main thing I'm trying to say is that removing the equipment locks would hardly make things worse since the problem clan mechs already aren't inconvenienced by their locked equipment. It repeatedly gets touted as a balancing mechanism between the clan omnis and IS battlemechs, but it really does nothing to significantly inhibit the Timberwolf, stormcrow, ebj, Arctic cheetah, etc.

Yeah I agree that it's a good idea overall, I just think PGI can't be trusted to do good work on one single issue at a time, and there are other problems they could focus on to greater effect.

It's an efficient use of resources thing, not a "that's a bad idea" thing.

• nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    What the fuck is this new shit with light mechs just teleporting around? Literally just disappearing and reappearing elsewhere instantly. Had continuous visual on them and all.

I think so, my ping has been super high too. They may be reaching maximum load.

I think so, my ping has been super high too. They may be reaching maximum load.

I blame the 6x6SRM Jenners.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Saw a Jenner IIC earlier. Armed with a SRM 6 and SSRM 4.

And that was it.

General_ArmchairElldren
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

And that was it.

I mean, I only have 4x SRM4s on my mine. Too broke cheap to drop to a lower engine. Shit still gets wrecked, though.

Number One Tricky
    a nu start wrote: »

And that was it.

I mean, I only have 4x SRM4s on my mine. Too broke cheap to drop to a lower engine. Shit still gets wrecked, though.

I think you misunderstood what Phoenix said.

It only had two launchers.

one SRM6

one Streak SRM4.

• a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    a nu start wrote: »

And that was it.

I think you misunderstood what Phoenix said.

It only had two launchers.

one SRM6

one Streak SRM4.

I didn't. He's poor and trying out something different. We all can't be Hydro dropping C-Bills like we're on some Donald Trump shit.

Number One Tricky
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Well aware. Been watching the postcount all day.

I'm always *watching*.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular

And that was it.

What you saw was a unicorn. Savor it. Let the feeling wash over you and bask in its radiance...

...For one day the reaper shall come for you. It will toll a bell six times, once for each CSRM6, and on that day, you will know fear.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Buttcleft
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

I'm always *watching*.

so... if you're the watcher, who are the fantastic 4 and dr. doom?

kx3klFE.png
    Nips wrote: »

I'm always *watching*.

so... if you're the watcher, who are the fantastic 4 and dr. doom?

He's less Uatu and more..Window peeking at the middle aged mother

NipsElldrenKonphujunElvenshae
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    ***ATTENTION ACTIVE DUTY OOSIKS***

YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUESTED IN THE GRAND HALL FOR MANDATORY SENSITIVITY TRAINING.

THIS TRAINING IS NOT OPTIONAL. LIQUOR AND BEER RATIONS *WILL* BE WITHHELD UNTIL TRAINING IS COMPLETE.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE BLUE LIGHT BAND ON THE HQ HALL WALLS TO NAVIGATE TO THE GRAND HALL *IMMEDIATELY*

***THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION, AND HAVE A PLEASANT DAY!***

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    KonphujunGnome-InterruptusBRIAN BLESSED