As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Assassin's Creed] To fight the horde, sing and cry

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    For the engraving that's like 25% more damage to bosses/elites, what counts as that? I assume anything gold-border?

Also please say I can still stick it on a stat stick, the weapon damage -> poison damage didn't work when I did...

Edit: Also, there's a legendary spear with natural +15% poison damage on it, and I think +buildup as well. BOY that works great with that poison engraving...

dporowski on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Are the weekly quests on a set schedule, if so what day is it they come out?

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote: »
    I've been having a reoccurring bug. It's a long shot but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this as well.

The game will kind of soft lock where all action on the screen pauses but I can still move the view around. I can get into the menu and move through the tabs but everything underneath the tabs is black. What's weird is I can wait several minutes and it will eventually unfuck itself.

It seems to happen possibly when transitioning from one area to another or maybe loading into a scene. You can almost see it coming as the item preview pictures you get when pick something up go blank. I've also noticed my CPU% in task manager often spikes to 100% around the time it happens, but that may be coincidence.

It's not a game killer but it's really annoying.

Had that happen a few times the other day when the internet was going on and off. Figured it was related to network problems interrupting the social stuff but it hadn't happened before the latest patch so it was just a guess.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I find i don't have too much patience for the "kill athenian marksmen" weekly quests. I know where they are, they're just rare and a pain in the ass.

Also, I love kassandra, but at some point I remembered i was gay and DAMN if Alexios doesn't look good in some of this armor. I am torn now. Although, if I'm being honest, I think I'll just be managing 3 saves at some point, one for each spec.

soylenth on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Are the weekly quests on a set schedule, if so what day is it they come out?

Tuesdays iirc

Which is also when the Elite Ship/Mercenary is supposed to be released as well.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    Anyone have any recommendations on farming loot to break down into mats? Like what's the best method? Captain killing, ship boarding, battles, etc?

I have pretty much enough material to level up all my legendaries to 70 except for soft leather, and I would prefer not to just hunt deer for hours, I'd rather do something fun to grind it

Blacksmiths sell mats too.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    First DLC chapter coming next week :+1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXSUVWj2wxA&t=

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Indoorsman wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations on farming loot to break down into mats? Like what's the best method? Captain killing, ship boarding, battles, etc?

I have pretty much enough material to level up all my legendaries to 70 except for soft leather, and I would prefer not to just hunt deer for hours, I'd rather do something fun to grind it

Blacksmiths sell mats too.

Yea selling an epic should get you enough money to buy all the mats you would receive by breaking the item down plus more AND you can also buy exactly the mats you need instead of just whatever it throws at you.

They are annoying to buy because there is still no buy all button for whatever stupid reason but I'm pretty sure selling epics is the better choice still.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Fuck me man... what is it with this year? It's like dry spells and then all the stuff I want coming out on pretty much the same day. So next Tuesday is Odyssey DLC, Just Cause 4, Persona 5 rhythm game, and then Smash Bros is next Friday as well.

Mega Ultra 1st World Problem: Turbo EX Plus XX Sigma Arcade Edition Omega Climax.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    First DLC chapter coming next week :+1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXSUVWj2wxA&t=

My body is ready. Although my Alexios run won't be done in time. No rush I suppose.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Fuck me man... what is it with this year? It's like dry spells and then all the stuff I want coming out on pretty much the same day. So next Tuesday is Odyssey DLC, Just Cause 4, Persona 5 rhythm game, and then Smash Bros is next Friday as well.

Mega Ultra 1st World Problem: Turbo EX Plus XX Sigma Arcade Edition Omega Climax.

We have an embarrassment of gaming riches this fall. I'm still only chapter 2 in RDR2.

• Options
    So wait the dlcs are being released in episodic form? I wonder if there's new land and areas or if it's just missions?

Looks like Persians so maybe parts of Persia?

• Options
    Yeah, it's 3 parts for each DLC. The second one, which is kind of a spoilery name (but not if you've been to Thera) must have new areas in it, simply due to the subject matter. I wouldn't be shocked to have a map transition like the Origins ones did though, maybe this first chapter is setup and then parts 2 and 3 will be set somewhere else.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Did they ever resolve people not being able to complete the Blind King mission if they'd already raided that camp and sold the artifact? It disappeared from my active quest lineup a few weeks back, and it's popped up in the store without any indication that I already downloaded/played it.

• Options
    So wait the dlcs are being released in episodic form? I wonder if there's new land and areas or if it's just missions?

Looks like Persians so maybe parts of Persia?

My body is less ready for DLC in pieces. I'm hoping the 2nd one is akin to rise of the pharoahs in terms of ridiculous spectacle though. I am also curious if we'll get entirely new zones though. I hope so, but I also know there are whole islands with no story and nothing to do currently, so we may just be using some of those. I agree it's probably some combo of unused areas and some new territory.

Speaking of, we were talking about how to get in that one door at the bottom of the volcano a while back, I didn't see it mentioned so I wanted to confirm that a quest popped up later in Korinth that eventually led there and through the door. It may have been the second tales of Greece? Anyway, just so you know. so far anywhere I can't get into has been opened in a side quest.

Also, the side quest in lokis was as funny the second time as the first. I didn't do anything different because I already knew the funniest way to do it. I laughed and laughed. Great writing and comedic timing in that one.

• Options
    Also, it is just me, or are they going to tell the story of the hidden blade/assassins as leading directly from the Prince of Persia series? My impression from the trailer. Origins looks increasingly misnamed at times.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Origins was the origin of the Hidden Ones, which become the Assassins.

But remember Hidden Blades existed then - Bayek is given one, and a lot of reverence is shown over it.

Sneaky dudes with wrist blades obviously existed prior to Origins just going by the events in Origins.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Origins was the origin of the Hidden Ones, which become the Assassins.

But remember Hidden Blades existed then - Bayek is given one, and a lot of reverence is shown over it.

Sneaky dudes with wrist blades obviously existed prior to Origins just going by the events in Origins.

There are bits that suggest people have been vying over the remants of the Ancients from the moment they fell, and that the Templars and Assassins are just the most “recent” examples.

• Options
    Well, I thought this even when they gave me the hidden blade in Origins. "Wait, if we're implying the hidden blade has a history of its own before Bayek, is this really the ultimate origin of the assassins? This is more the moment when they decided on a brand name and image."

This is not a question that keeps me up at night, or that I want to be too pedantic over, just to release Odyssey right after Origins, set 300 years BEFORE, detailing more history of the hidden blade is kind of funny to me. I feel like "Origins" was more a marketing name to let people know we're going MUCH FURTHER BACK than as strictly accurate "this was the beginning" label. If that was the beginning, what am I doing in ancient greece 300 years earlier with hidden blades?

Reminds me of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time intro. There are neither beginnings nor endings in the wheel of time, but it was A beginning.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    That’s exactly what I took Origins as, especially after the hidden blade scene. There have been stabby sneaky guys before. For whatever reason, there aren’t now. There will be again after the credits roll.

• Options
    Well, they literally find their brand logo after picking up an eagle skull left in the sand (spoilers!!), so yeah. The start of the brand, but not the start of everything. Which I guess technically goes back to the precursors anyway if I want to be REALLY pedantic.

Also, I'm almost level 30 and hunter is really starting to come together. Rough going until you get some +hunter stacking and level 2 in some abilities though. This time around, for that terrible hostage scene in the theater, I just perched on a rock and opened up with the multi-target hunter attack. Boom. Solved. MUCH better ending to that particular side quest this time. I'm finding hunter is a little faster to clear things this time around. I'll stealth kill a couple of guys and the rest just die in a hail of arrows. It's hell on my lumber stocks though.

• Options
    Hunter is tough at the start because you blow through so many arrows and they cost a lot to craft. By mid game you’ve got bows that make standard arrows into poison/fire arrows which makes those arrow types cheaper.

After that you just walk into a fort and multishot poison arrows everywhere without costing you half your materials. Also once you get level 3 Predator shot and level 3 hunter skill and keep your gear up to date you can one shot headshot most enemies from stealth.

• Options
    Lou29 wrote: »
    Did they ever resolve people not being able to complete the Blind King mission if they'd already raided that camp and sold the artifact? It disappeared from my active quest lineup a few weeks back, and it's popped up in the store without any indication that I already downloaded/played it.

They did! At least the quest completed for me a while back. I think it just drops the relevant item in your inventory and gives you the xp on log in.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Crosspostin
    There's a boatload (haha) of new achievements added as well, so clearly prep for the DLC is included in this update.

Notes here https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-updates/340996/assassins-creed-odyssey-1-1-0-and-1-1-1-patch-notes
    Wearing the full set of a Legendary Armor now gives more powerful bonuses than the version available for engraving.

The amount of crafting material being bought can now be increased significantly faster

noice

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    The legendary change is good if it means legendary armor sets are competitive with purples. Going to need to be much stronger to give up 4 or 5 extra engravings tho.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Is NG+ set to drop with the update on Tuesday too?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Addressed an issue where wolves or dogs would drown when kicked in the water by the player. *tries not to judge*

good patch notes. I'm still working on Alexios so I didn't see the mastery thing, but I like that change a lot.

for real though, I feel so bad every time I have to kill a dog or wolf. I know I could use the knock-out arrows, but accidents happen.

soylenth on
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Mastery is good! You can REALLY boost your preferred playstyle. One thing to me that's great about it is respec is separate for regular skills and mastery, IE you can just respec regular skills and leave your mastery settings alone. I had screwed up my build a little and was dreading redoing it all from scratch; a minor niggle is selecting mastery points takes a slightly longer button press, so if you're dumping a ton of points into them like I did it actually takes a fair amount of time.

• Options
    I'm wondering whether i should wait for more episodes to come out before playing the dlc. Tho chances are I'll cave

Also 140 hours in and just realised you can hold dodge to roll

• Options
    How ... How have you been putting yourself out when you catch on fire.?

Also, I will not be strong enough to resist playing the DLC as it comes out.

• Options
    I just used dodge, does roll make it go out faster than that?

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Picked this up over the weekend, and I'm loving it so far. I missed Origins, so this is my first AC with the RPG elements. It's fantastic- only AC2 and Brotherhood grabbed me the way this one has.

The modern day segments are still the weakest part of the story for me. With all the other options they give you, here's hoping they add one to auto-skip those sequences.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

It's not Stop, Drop and Dodge :p

Although I just hammer the dodge button and that seems to work

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    The modern day segments are still the weakest part of the story for me. With all the other options they give you, here's hoping they add one to auto-skip those sequences.

They get a lot better the deeper into the story you get.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I'm wondering whether i should wait for more episodes to come out before playing the dlc. Tho chances are I'll cave

Also 140 hours in and just realised you can hold dodge to roll

... I did not know this either.

>.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    I swear i used to have an ability or power where my first segment of adrenaline slowly recharged. Did I dream this? I can't remember if it was attached to a weapon, armour or ability. I'm pretty sure I had it well before the update. I might have imagined it tho

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I swear i used to have an ability or power where my first segment of adrenaline slowly recharged. Did I dream this? I can't remember if it was attached to a weapon, armour or ability. I'm pretty sure I had it well before the update. I might have imagined it tho

IIRC it’s a hunter ability. I never unequip it, but I can’t remember the name. It’s not your first segment, it’s any partially filled segment. You can refill to full adrenaline by shooting a goat occasionally on your way to where your going and each time it’ll fill a bit from the kill, then recharge the segment.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    It's the one that gives +hunter damage. Archery Master.

Athen's and it's follow ups seem like kind of a slog partly because Kassandra plays herself every time.
    "I need information. I'll do whatever you want so long as I get it".
    "Oh really? *politician smile* Do all the things then".

Feels like Kassandra didn't learn anything dealing with Markos all those years.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Finished the episode 1, overall ok with one moment I really loved
    kassandra being confronted with all her dead and their relatives at the tree. I always love when games explore how bloodthirsty their protagonist is, even if it's only surface level it was still an awesome reveal. Is there any way to avoid killing the family members? Also darius says there will be consequences if you don't stealth his early mission, anyone know what the consequences are since I stealthed it?

Also some lazy coding when you kill the ancients, as Kassandra said the "that's what you get for hurting my family". line when I confirmed an Ancients kill, as if it were a Cultist. Thought that was pretty funny since the ancients have done nothing yet to her family

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I actually don't know, but it's out or almost out by the time the roll is finished.

I mean, on my hunter spec ALL I do is roll so I'm further away and can resume arrows to the head.

Also, I thought the bow overpower was fun in conquest battles, but my new jam is finding some elevation, or not, and using the 8-target ability with fire arrows. They are starting to tell legends about me. Although the two mooks that get assigned to me are considerably more annoying as hunter. Can you guys give me a sec? I'm trying to kill all your friends.

Also, it looks like the first DLC is using existing areas. Which makes sense, Makedonia was hardly used as well as a few other places. My current prediction is this DLC will use some of the unused existing areas and the next might give us some actual atlantis zones.

soylenth on