As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Assassin's Creed] To fight the horde, sing and cry

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Yeah Brush with Death is a hugely, hugely impactful skill and you should pretty much always have it for boss fights

Much as it was in AC Od.

I don't think he's talking about the slowdown on a perfect dodge skill, but slowdown when health is low skill.

...because what the game doesn't tell you is that it also makes pretty much all non-power, non-ranged attacks non-lethal as long as you have rations and health above 0 before the slow time effect ends.

I meant dodge slow. Last Chance Healing is the health slow down, also very very good, but not as useful as often as Brush With Death.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Making artifact markers white dots against a mostly white and grey map makes it really hard to 100% areas.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Finally got my new console, so I'm allowing myself to look at this. Do the fancy editions offer anything especially worthwhile?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Finished the dream arc, way better than atlantis but suffered still from a bit of "this takes me away from the gameplay I enjoy a lot more." Also spoilers for a boss fight in the valka dream section.

Second form fenris can fuck all the way off.

Yeah I can say that when I first arrived I was so giddy with joy. But after a few hours there I was ready to be done. It's too vertical for my liking.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Holy fuck how do you kill crusaders? they seem basically invulnerable. i've gotten one down to 25% health, and there are three more wandering around nearby.

I fought one last night. They were power level 90 and I am 110. They wrecked my shit... Broke through my shield with just about every hit. Every melee I tried was blocked and stunned me.

I lost because I ran out of arrows.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Making artifact markers white dots against a mostly white and grey map makes it really hard to 100% areas.

Just select the dot with A and it puts a way point marker on it for you.

On the map, that is.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I'm having trouble seeing the actual white dots themselves on the World menu map. Like in Lendonshire region I only see 4 blue dots left but the checklist has 4 blue and 2 whites remaining. Did a lot of zooming/panning/squinting to find the last artifacts on the menu map itself. They blend in quite well if it's on a bright part of the map in the middle of nowhere away from named areas.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    I'm having trouble seeing the actual white dots themselves on the World menu map. Like in Lendonshire region I only see 4 blue dots left but the checklist has 4 blue and 2 whites remaining. Did a lot of zooming/panning/squinting to find the last artifacts on the menu map itself. They blend in quite well if it's on a bright part of the map in the middle of nowhere away from named areas.

unfortunately, synching with all the view points does not automatically reveal all the goodies, or at least artifacts, in the area. You'll have to do some on-foot exploring if you want to catch them all.

Good rule of thumb that has helped with me is to go to the closest zoom level and look for the small gold dots (which always shows up as long as the map area is revealed) with no Xs that represent bigger dots you've already gotten nearby. Pretty much every place with something to do has at least one small chest with loot in it, and they almost never bother to put them in places where there is nothing else to loot or do, so a lone or couple of small gold dots in the middle of nowhere with nothing else important looking nearby is usually a good indicator of something else being there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What does the cartographer unlock ?

All treasure, artifacts and mysteries in a region ?

• Options
    Okay I really prefer female Eivor's voice but the lack of a beard is killing me lol. Decisions, Decisions...

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Finished the dream arc, way better than atlantis but suffered still from a bit of "this takes me away from the gameplay I enjoy a lot more." Also spoilers for a boss fight in the valka dream section.

Second form fenris can fuck all the way off.

Yeah I can say that when I first arrived I was so giddy with joy. But after a few hours there I was ready to be done. It's too vertical for my liking.

Yeah the verticality much like it was in the atlantis dlcs is just an obnoxious as fuck design choice. Like I dunno who I have to talk to at ubisoft to get them to stop doing it, but please stop

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Speaking of which: Someone on /r/speedrunning found an exploit to avoid fall damage. I've tested it several times and can confirm it works. I'll spoiler it just in case.
    As you're falling wait until you're right next to the bottom (as close to the ground as possible) and press Pause. In the pause menu just start navigating through menus (go to inventory, click on your pack at the top right to open that and highlight around, go to the map again highlight some marks, press left on the dpad to open the main menu, go back, press right on the dpad to go to the store and go back.... And then close the pause screen and you'll have landed without taking any damage.

It's not fast but so far it's made it much easier for me.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Weirdly I don’t think I’ve ever actually suffered fatal falling damage so far, I thought I was the other day and instead I hit the ground and went to zero health, but was immediately able to heal and recover from it

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    That's something I really miss from Odyssey. Just let me leap off this giant cliff without taking damage because that's more fun.

• Options
    So if you run into a bug with your tattoo person where she'll have a dialogue option and then you try and do any changing of your person and your screen blacks out? Close it, come back in, complete the dialogue walk away from her and then you can go in and get a tattoo or whatever.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Holy fuck how do you kill crusaders? they seem basically invulnerable. i've gotten one down to 25% health, and there are three more wandering around nearby.

I fought one last night. They were power level 90 and I am 110. They wrecked my shit... Broke through my shield with just about every hit. Every melee I tried was blocked and stunned me.

Are you remembering to upgrade your quiver and rations pouch?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    The shield templars you literally have to harpoon, arrow, and then parry. They were super hard and they are the early ones versus the later ones without shields.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Yeah I'm at the point where I need 4 cloths or something for my quiver and don't know where to find them.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    If you have the skill to slow down time when you dodge an attack that helps a lot for shield zealots, because attacking during that slowdown staggers them for a couple hits. At least, it does for the dane axe i'm using.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    The shield templars you literally have to harpoon, arrow, and then parry. They were super hard and they are the early ones versus the later ones without shields.

Nah, just dodge their attack so you get the slow-mo, then hack the shit out of them.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

Yeah I'm at the point where I need 4 cloths or something for my quiver and don't know where to find them.

I assume the later materials are gated in the higher level areas. I'm still in the level 20 zones and have only ever found carbon ingots as Treasure.

• Options
    Yeah, the higher ingots are in the higher level areas. Luckily some are still fairly easy to get if you buffed up your stealth.

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Nah, just dodge their attack so you get the slow-mo, then hack the shit out of them.

That's assuming you have that skill...

Also I just found a reference to portal, old jokes are the best jokes ubisoft!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Why would you NOT have that skill? Stop playing wrong!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

Why would you NOT have that skill? Stop playing wrong!

Well I didn't at the time Syphon I have it now.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Brush With Death and Grit are the two best skills in the game if you regularly do combat.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I started seeing nickel ingots in East Anglia which is level 50. Still haven't seen any cloth yet.

Speaking of East Anglia, the third quest fight
    the interaction between Finnr and Eivor made it seem like the fix was in so I let Oswald win. It gave me some dialogue about how they might make a king out of Oswald yet. Did anyone beat him? Curious if there's any difference in the post fight dialogue

Edit: fixed the region because apparently if I don't have the map open I have no idea where I'm at

Carpy on
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    I started seeing nickel ingots in East Umbria which is level 50. Still haven't seen any cloth yet.

Speaking of East Umbria, the third quest fight
    the interaction between Finnr and Eivor made it seem like the fix was in so I let Oswald win. It gave me some dialogue about how they might make a king out of Oswald yet. Did anyone beat him? Curious if there's any difference in the post fight dialogue
    I beat him. He gets up and the fight continues, three times. After that they tell him to stay down, and that the important part wasn't winning it was that he faced the challenge with all the strength he had.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Do you pay anything to skill respec?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    I started seeing nickel ingots in East Umbria which is level 50. Still haven't seen any cloth yet.

East Anglia I believe is where you are at.

I beat his ass bloody I lose to no one. I recall them mentioning he didn't give up, but he was still a wimp.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Do you pay anything to skill respec?

No. And you can do it anywhere, any time. Even in the middle of combat.

• Options

I beat his ass bloody I lose to no one. I recall them mentioning he didn't give up, but he was still a wimp.

I just didn't see any benefit to lying to him, given what they'd be up against.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

Doh, you're right on the region

• Options
    Oh my god the harpoon upgrade is glorious!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ha oh man just ran across a great tribute in Essexe spoilers for a mystery quest.

You run a cross a dude named keith who just wants to play music but he's harrangued by a bishop you have to "Smack" to get them to play music. So you have to smack the bishop... DO YOU GET THIS REFERENCE?!?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Nice. Went back to camp and Reda was telling the children the story of Bayek and Aya. Thats a very nice touch indeed.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Nice. Went back to camp and Reda was telling the children the story of Bayek and Aya. Thats a very nice touch indeed.
    Never played the Origin DLC (for the same reason I couldn't finish Odd's), did those two crazy kids ever get back together?

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Never played the Origin DLC (for the same reason I couldn't finish Odd's), did those two crazy kids ever get back together?

Nope, they had a reconciliation of sorts and Bayek really moved on in a nice way
    by founding an orphanage of sorts

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Nope, they had a reconciliation of sorts and Bayek really moved on in a nice way
    by founding an orphanage of sorts
    So Bayek became Kiryu from Yakuza.

Got it.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options

Yeah I loved that.

pleasepaypreacher.net