As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] There is no new hero, ONLY XUL.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Completing three dailies + hitting level 5 on Kharazim at the same time. 8->

6j71mo58tn66.png

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Now that I have a tank I genuinely enjoy playing knocking out dailies is great.

• Options
    Kharazim kind of annoys me because I played Kharzim the dwarf in an RPG ages ago.

original character do not steal

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well they have all the classes expect for the Wizard from Diablo 3
    which is kind of odd when you see they have everything else
    but it would yet another assassin

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Now that I have a tank I genuinely enjoy playing knocking out dailies is great.

Which tank?

• Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Like Illidan players. Hello Illidan players. Illidan is bad right now. Stop insisting on playing him. I'm sorry that your favorite character sucks. Don't play him please.

Thankfully I never had to play with one but yeah it seems like someone showed him every single HL I did yesterday. We managed to get them to pick other things. But yeah... Don't people understand he's terrible? That said, you can't even do anything about it at all in QM so HL is an upgrade in that respect.

Supagoat on
    bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    I regularly kill illidans in close combat with Valla. He's bad.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    A bad pic I took of the motorcycle I forgot to take a screenshot of the lion
    Screenshot2015-12-16%2019_23_13_zpsni8th6fz.jpg

Pretty sure the mount Raynor-bot is using is Space Lord Leoric's special mount dealy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYxIgpfcY5c
    Which isn't out yet, but should be with the Greymane patch.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    That thing is sweet. I'm excited for Space Leoric skin and mount.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Something about seeing the Starbreaker pushed me over the line into smurfing the Vulture Bike...

Also, that yellow-and-red color tint would look boss with Samus Medic.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    ironically isn't that more vultury than the REF vulture since it's an actual motorcycle with wheels on the ground and not a hover bike? I guess the model is pretty different then too as well, I thought it would just be a slight rework like all the horses or cards/carpet.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    ironically isn't that more vultury than the REF vulture since it's an actual motorcycle with wheels on the ground and not a hover bike? I guess the model is pretty different then too as well, I thought it would just be a slight rework like all the horses or cards/carpet.

The original vulture was also a hoverbike, importantly.
    That meant they didn't set off spidermines.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    oh, I guess I just never looked at the original model that closely.

• Options
    oh, I guess I just never looked at the original model that closely.

latest?cb=20100817013450

• Options
    Man I love playing Johanna vs ETC. Just had a 24 minute game on Towers of Doom and at one point we were behind 19-7 but we just kept winning team fights, partially of course because my team played really well, but also partially because precisely 0 of ETC's moshes in that match lasted more than a second. He must have been pissed.

• Options
    Supagoat wrote: »
    Man I love playing Johanna vs ETC. Just had a 24 minute game on Towers of Doom and at one point we were behind 19-7 but we just kept winning team fights, partially of course because my team played really well, but also partially because precisely 0 of ETC's moshes in that match lasted more than a second. He must have been pissed.

I had two games like that the other day, one with Artanis where I kept swapping place with whoever popped an ult, and one with Diablo where I took Apocalypse and made sure Nazeebo never got more than a second of his Spirit ult.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Had a game last night where I was diablo vs ETC and in one fight I charged him out of his mosh startup, then 5 seconds later slam him out of the startup again.. Dude must have been pissed.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    It takes some pretty amazing reflexes to Diablo charge E.T.C. before Mosh pops up.

I mean, I'm not saying you didn't do it. I'm just saying, it's really hard and it takes a lot of skill.

>.>

<.<

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Oh it was completely on accident. I mean, I knew he was trying to position for it, and did it more to disrupt his position, it was just a bonus that he went for it right as I was charging.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    it used to be that you could shadow charge into mosh, now you would have to do it (or over power or apoc) right before he channels it

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    CXhvAnqWYAAPuAM.jpg:large
    This is the only game I've ever actually come back from a deficit and won on Towers of Doom.

We were losing really hard early on. They were winning the race pretty hard, bullying us out of teamfights (Thrall and Jaina is some CRAY SHIT). I recognized early on I wasn't gonna be able to do much in teamfights so I just pushed. A whole damn lot. Eventually mid game rolled around and... we turned it around in practically the blink of an eye? We just, pushed super hard and capped every Fort for a good while. Got a nice amount of shots in. Enemy team was either overconfident or panicking at this point, because we started getting ganks and picks which we desperately needed. Abby was a golden god and capping extra altars when the enemy team was preoccupied.

And then, late game rolled around and we were just winning every single teamfight. Octograb on Thrall or Jaina was enough to make the entire other team back off. I put the fear of god into those two. Thrall would actively start running away from me as I walked toward him. I made Jaina burn her Bolt simply by walking up to her.

I made this really cool play, too. We had both the enemy team's mid and bottom forts. Azmo was trying to recap bottom. I was mid, and I wanted to gank him. Rather than take the long way around, I bubbled through the enemy Super Towers and flanked Azmo from behind. Nailed him with help from Abby.

Felt damn good to reclaim that game and turn it around. Never seen it happen before.

Fun fact: Kept my Egg in that EXACT same spot the whole fucking game, enemy team never found it. Even after a stray Chain Lightning hit it.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I will on occasion disrupt an ETC right as he's starting a Mosh by luck. Like I happen to be hitting my ability right as the windup sound starts. I always assume my team must think I'm a badass when it happens and not just that I got lucky.

• Options
    Grats on getting a Towers comeback, Dibby. FeelsGoodMan. I have had one amazing comeback and then one almost amazing comeback on that map (foiled mainly by Blizzard's derp design of allowing triple altar spawns).

I'm fairly convinced that the map is one of the more "comebackable" ones namely because losing objectives doesn't explicitly put you at a level/map position disadvantage the way it does on most other maps. Technically, every altar you capture gives you no advantage until you win the game. Now realistically being really far ahead on damaging the other team's core forces them to have to play more risky and thus puts them in a worse spot, but compared to, say, one team having 0 keeps while the other team still has all theirs on any other maps, you're not at nearly as big a disadvantage.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Grats on getting a Towers comeback, Dibby. FeelsGoodMan. I have had one amazing comeback and then one almost amazing comeback on that map (foiled mainly by Blizzard's derp design of allowing triple altar spawns).

I'm fairly convinced that the map is one of the more "comebackable" ones namely because losing objectives doesn't explicitly put you at a level/map position disadvantage the way it does on most other maps. Technically, every altar you capture gives you no advantage until you win the game. Now realistically being really far ahead on damaging the other team's core forces them to have to play more risky and thus puts them in a worse spot, but compared to, say, one team having 0 keeps while the other team still has all theirs on any other maps, you're not at nearly as big a disadvantage.

I'm not sure I disagree, in that if you are behind later in the game then there's no real way to come back. Other maps, you can take a clutch teamfight, sneak into the Core while the other team is distracted, etc. etc. and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. In this map, that doesn't happen.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I'm convinced that Towers of Doom is all about team fights and being aggressive. The map is too small and the objectives/mercs happen too frequently for teams to be able to run around each other without engaging somehow.

People get really preoccupied with losing "their" forts and taking them back. The whole point of the map isn't to get forts, it's to channel altars. Forts are literally meaningless unless a team channels an altar or grabs all the forts. Those forts are incredibly weak and don't contribute anything to a win on their own, so fighting to get "your" tower back or trying to defend it is almost always a waste of time. Also, once the first towers/walls are down, the forts swap incredibly easily and are almost powerless on their own against a full team anyway. If someone grabs your tower, then just go to another lane, take down their walls and grab theirs. If you can't, then just group up and go grab one of the merc camps while trying to find someone who can be ganked. This forces the other team to actually have to consider a trade-off when the next altar spawns, rather than simply letting them stalemate you into constantly trying to get your super easy to get and worthless towers back while they use their level/core HP lead to stall you forever. It also makes the mercs much more powerful, because they can basically just run straight to the enemy fort/core without getting stopped by walls and towers.

The only times I've come back on that map were when people stopped caring so much about the map configuration and just roamed together to constantly cap forts/mercs, regardless of what side of the map they were on. This let us close the level gap and gank stragglers, which made it easier to wipe them the next time an actual altar spawned.

People also seem to forget the middle-map teleporter is available (at least when Ab isn't there to mine the shit out of it >.< ). You can use it to group back up when necessary. It's super duper useful as a way to reconvene and go after another fort/merc camp together after a team fight. And as a final thought, the boss on that map is trash and not worth the effort unless he gives you the win. You can grab multiple forts/mercs in the same amount of time that it would take you to get the boss, potentially threatening a 6-fort sweep, which is WAY more useful than getting a few shots and losing like more than half your team's HP for the trouble.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

One big problem with this is that the impact of the objective doesn't really ramp up over time, or at least not in a way that helps the underdog. In other maps, killing forts keeps getting easier which means a single team fight win in the late game can completely turn the game around (both in map control and in exp) no matter how hopeless it looks. In this map you have to perform exceptionally for a long time to come back from a bad situation. The only way the objective ramps up is by spawning more altars, which actually benefits the team in the lead since they can just get the safe altars and still win.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    kime wrote: »

I'm not sure I disagree, in that if you are behind later in the game then there's no real way to come back. Other maps, you can take a clutch teamfight, sneak into the Core while the other team is distracted, etc. etc. and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. In this map, that doesn't happen.
    You can't win instantly off of one lucky wipe at the 25 minute mark, correct. You have to keep playing well for the rest of the game to stay in it. The difference is that in any other map, if the other team takes the first, say, six or so objectives, you end up ridiculously far behind barring unusual circumstances. Chances are you're way behind on forts and XP. Maybe 1 in 10 games will you actually get the clutch teamfight and bum rush the enemy core for the win when you're 3 levels behind and your lanes are all pushed in. Giving up the first 6 altars on Towers doesn't necessarily leave your team at a disadvantage for future team fights since the other team gets no XP or positional advantage for all the altar caps.

Edit: I guess my point is that the objective in ToD doesn't correlate directly to snowballing like it does on other maps.

forty on
  • Options
    I'm convinced that Towers of Doom is all about team fights and being aggressive. The map is too small and the objectives/mercs happen too frequently for teams to be able to run around each other without engaging somehow.

Was just going to post about how much I enjoy Towers of Doom. Really fun map IMO.

• Options
    Why do I really like playing as Lunara? I don't understand it...

Steam profile
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    She's fun. Bounding around and throwing spears is entertaining.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    She's fun. Bounding around and throwing spears is entertaining.

She is made of glass though

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNb2kZzzzc

Calm down Mura OMG
    Raynor has been deleted

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I've been on the other end of one of those Towers of Doom comebacks.

They had only ever gotten one volley on us and we had them down to 3 HP on the core.

Then we proceeded to lose every team fight and the boss.

They came all the back and won. It was actually really impressive. It was a combination of our squishy getting way to overconfident and their team finally figuring out who to focus in fights.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNb2kZzzzc

Calm down Mura OMG
    Raynor has been deleted

Dat triple tap

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular

It is OK to just like something

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Yup,

It's like me and Gazlowe. I just want to play him all the time.

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »

No but I mean, when she was revealed she looked super boring. So it's interesting how much I changed my mind.

Steam profile
  • Options
    I really enjoy Lunara, too. But ... Not so great, unfortunately. Hopefully that'll change soon because yeah she's a lot of fun.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, I quite like Lunara but she's got some issues beyond just suffering alot from being completely out of whack with the post-stat-recaling world where burst and CC is king. I wish she was better because the overall style is fun.

Doesn't have the HP or the speed or the burst or the range to trade or poke. Half her design seems to imply roaming poker and the other half works directly against that.

shryke on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Lunara gets lots of kills tho. She hops faster than people run and those dots take a toll on those who don't leave a fight early enough. I had a lot of fun running around ganking in a game yesterday with Lunara and I was on Artanis.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
This discussion has been closed.