As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] New Event, New Thread. Get a Move On!

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Correct, they cannot be countered. However iirc they target the person with the highest health so you can put someone big and tanky in there and have them eat it provided everyone else is lower than them in HP %

I believe this is also why you use Draw Fire since it gives a large physical defense boost that coupled with all your other mitigation should allow your 'tank' to survive

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I was SO CLOSE, had Vossler down to a sliver, when he Galuf's SB fell off as he was charging to cast a new one.

Considering that the adds give me so much trouble, I don't know if I'm gonna bother S/Ling enough times to try that again

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I just saw the best thing on Reddit.

Galuf RM + Josef's Noble Sacrifice. It's brilliant.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The reasons you can't do any easy strategy against him is:

He hits for 2.5k 2,3,and 4 times per attack on a character with full heavy armor and and armor buffing RM under protect. This is a long range attack so back row does not help.

His speed is so high that his ATB is instantly full so he just attacks over and over and over. Its like bringing a sword to a machine gun fight.

He is a butt.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    38thDoe wrote: »
    The reasons you can't do any easy strategy against him is:

He hits for 2.5k 2,3,and 4 times per attack on a character with full heavy armor and and armor buffing RM under protect. This is a long range attack so back row does not help.

His speed is so high that his ATB is instantly full so he just attacks over and over and over. Its like bringing a sword to a machine gun fight.

He is a butt.

My point was, if they were all PHY attacks that were prevented + countered by Retaliate, the high speed would be a good thing. It'd be like bringing a mirrored shield to a medusa fight.

Fry on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sorry I'm frustrated.
    Also in my quest to level up people I'm not going to use and get RMs I won't use to drop I took the team of
    Seph 66
    Dark Knight 51
    Kefka + Edgar 28
    Maria 51

to the Blue Dragon 90 fight.
    Seph lived...
    So now I get to do that again.

Its weird, I optimize stamina use but then I throw it all away.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Well, finished the FF12 event as much as I can I think. +++ down but ultimate just looks like a S/L nightmare. I want that 30 atk accessory and 2x power 2x wind majors but i don't think i have it in me.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Well, finished the FF12 event as much as I can I think. +++ down but ultimate just looks like a S/L nightmare. I want that 30 atk accessory and 2x power 2x wind majors but i don't think i have it in me.

That's exactly where I am at Knight_. I don't have a native Wall or hastega and my only Medica is Medic+Protect so it heals for a lot. I'm not sure if I can stomach S/L another ultimate to get range perfectly.

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »

That's exactly where I am at Knight_. I don't have a native Wall or hastega and my only Medica is Medic+Protect so it heals for a lot. I'm not sure if I can stomach S/L another ultimate to get range perfectly.

heh, we have the exact same relics. i'm excited for vanille's MC2 soon just so i can level break my only medica.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »

heh, we have the exact same relics. i'm excited for vanille's MC2 soon just so i can level break my only medica.

I can't complain about my relic selection too much. I've got a melee weapon in every realm at least 5 star quality (I might be missing one for FF1-3 but all the rest have either character relic 5 stars or a bunch of 4 stars combined to 6 stars). I have 4? katanas from 4? different realms and a few other generic 5 stars to patch in for other realms. I've even got enough 5 star mage rods that I could do a decent mage team if needed, although the only mage soulbreak I have his Vivi's poison. The rest are all generic rods. My only real holes are in a wall and hastega relic selection. I've got 300 mythril saved so far and still stockpiling hoping to grab either a hastega or a wall during the next soulbreak festival (or the tactics banner) to patch these holes.

• Options
    yea, i'm at 414 mythril right now. saving for tactics and ssssssssssssb celebration for wall/haste. i'm crossing my fingers for a wall banner with some good physical soul breaks, as i desperately need them. i have 3 magic SBs but that's it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Beat Vossler but didn't master him. Shit fell apart fast at the end. I wish I had some decent SSBs to burn through the last phase before he can put out much hurt.

I'm gonna try to master again later, I think i need to just pay more attention to his health to not push him too fast too low and then unload with Tyros SLG and a bunch of retaliates at the same time to just 'skip' phase 4.

I might burn a mythril or so just to fill up SB bars, die, then do it more smoothly. I'd give the Unyielding Fist method a go, but I am afraid Tyro would just be doing too little damage that way and would end up dragging the fight out to the point it wasn't super worth it. I just need to remember to have SG/Protect up before he goes into phase 4, maybe get a power breakdown too.

It doesn't seem as bad as I heard, but it is still stupidly luck based.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Beat Vossler, had him basically under control the whole time, but forgot to bring dispel, and completely missed the black magic objective. Don't know if I'll do it again

One thing I was constantly worrying about: he multi-strikes whoever has the highest percent of hp, right? What happens if everyone is topped off? I had to actively avoid healing everyone to fill out of fear he's ignore Galuf and kill someone else instead

Edit: I think my only option for Mastery is to put dispel on pecil and give Mog a black magic attack, and just go without shellga. Requires a lot of RNG for tempo flurry to slow AND the adds not cast water spout at all, but we'll see

Javen on
  • Options
    Dungeon update?!? I was not ready for that!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    What the what?! FFXIV dungeons!! Thought Japan got these only recently.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Beat Vossler, had him basically under control the whole time, but forgot to bring dispel, and completely missed the black magic objective. Don't know if I'll do it again

One thing I was constantly worrying about: he multi-strikes whoever has the highest percent of hp, right? What happens if everyone is topped off? I had to actively avoid healing everyone to fill out of fear he's ignore Galuf and kill someone else instead

Edit: I think my only option for Mastery is to put dispel on pecil and give Mog a black magic attack, and just go without shellga. Requires a lot of RNG for tempo flurry to slow AND the adds not cast water spout at all, but we'll see

If everybody is at the same health, he'll hit somebody at random. Apparently if it's a multi hit attack then he'll change mid attack too.

The "gimmick" more or less is to have the entire party's health low enough, but able to take an AOE hit if need be. While the tank has enough health and def to take 2 or even 3 rounds of attacks and still have the highest hp %. Because the asshole will move fast enough at the end to get 2 or 3 turns before you can heal.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Dungeon update?!? I was not ready for that!

Reddit says VI bonus battles are now dropping tomorrow.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Well I guess I know what I'm doing with Cid now.
    Ace Pilot: Slight chance to earn double exp.

Damn thing only unlocks while in a VII dungeon though. At least the stamina will be cheap.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I was not prepared for this. Whelp.

• Options
    So since there was no announcement, are we to assume that there is no orb weekend tomorrow? Bummer.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I'm totally missing Steal Power. Wishing Thancred had it in his arsenal cause Steal Power + Dismissal is pretty boss

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »
    So since there was no announcement, are we to assume that there is no orb weekend tomorrow? Bummer.

Not certain I would assume that yet. Last announcement was day of.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Oh wait, this means I have to wait until Orbfest is over to start Terra's bonus battles. This is highly inconvenient.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Eh, just means you don't get to those battles until Wednesday. The event sticks around until late Thursday, which should be more than enough time.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Eh, just means you don't get to those battles until Wednesday. The event sticks around until late Thursday, which should be more than enough time.

Monday? Is Orbfest longer this time?

Also PSA: don't run Classic Tam-Tara Deepcroft until tomorrow during Orbfest. Get a stamina refresh for only 25 stamina!

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    For some reason I got confused. Thought the Orb Fest would run through Monday until 8PM and disappear then. Yeah, Monday works too. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

My Terra is already 65. I want that tasty XP for her.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I'm totally missing Steal Power. Wishing Thancred had it in his arsenal cause Steal Power + Dismissal is pretty boss

Steal Power + Tempo Flurry is civilization.

Side note: Why does Maria flip the bird while casting spells?

Evidence:
    0n32dzdknktc.png

• Options
    Probably holding her index finger up, but the pixels make her look like she only has 3 fingers?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    She is clearly flipping off in the general direction of the enemy, as she is blinded. It's the definitive Deal With It pose.

• Options
    You know, I'm not really in the state of mind to do a Dungeon Update right now. I was kind of looking forward to just bonus battles -> done.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Woo, downed elite Vossler! Thanks Advance + Retaliate! Got that sweet 4* MND accessory, almost enough to put an accessory on each member of my party now.

How undergeared was I? I had to S/L on the trash. And I lost medals for actions taken on the trash, too. :snap:

Fry on
  • Options
    You know, I'm not really in the state of mind to do a Dungeon Update right now. I was kind of looking forward to just bonus battles -> done.

You could always dump all your stamina into getting cid s rm 2. Took 50 runs of that 2 stamina stage to drop. On the plus side I also got Leon Maria dark knight sephiroth rm to drop.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    if orbfest weekend is on we should get the announcement in 15 mins

it is 100% worth delaying the terra bonus battles until orbfest is over if it is on

• Options
    Wendigo is pretty annoying. It swaps places *every* time it is hit unless it is asleep. It doesn't show the sleep icon either.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I was so excited for the FFXIV battles last night that I already completed them all. I just plowed right on through. Did not think about strategic usage of the easy stamina shards.

I'd also like to note that as a FFXIV player who has spent a lot of time in Sastasha, I can tell you that there are no Spriggans in there. Or Amalj'aa. And I intend to write an angry letter letting DeNa know of their erroneous ways.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'd also like to note that as a FFXIV player who has spent a lot of time in Sastasha, I can tell you that there are no Spriggans in there. Or Amalj'aa. And I intend to write an angry letter letting DeNa know of their erroneous ways.

Also:
    Kefka wasn't the Emperor of Gestahl.
    Auron isn't named Tidus.
    Lulu isn't a man.
    Almost all undead bosses are vulnerable to OHKO.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I was so excited for the FFXIV battles last night that I already completed them all. I just plowed right on through. Did not think about strategic usage of the easy stamina shards.

That's small potatoes. After beating Yunalesca, the post-battle story tells you about how when presented with the choice Yuna chose not to become the Final Aeon.

That'snothowthisworks.gif

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I Summon...
    MYSELF

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    No mention in today's announcements of any Orbfest Weekend 2... hopefully they stealth drop it later today?

This discussion has been closed.