As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] New Event, New Thread. Get a Move On!

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I made sure to grab Vanille's MC1 from the Vale, but I decided to wait on that bonus quest during the Fang event to actually unlock her. Then I proceeded to pull her heal relic during the P1 relic draw.

• TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Thanks for all of the advice guys.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I'm a huge fan of Monks because of Punishing Palm. Tifa, for example, can run Punishing Palm/Tempo Flurry.

Basically Bartz Jr. when I run her.

But Kick is fantastic as well. The Monk love lately makes all the Fists I have actually useful.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    So, during the Reno/Sephiroth event, I was able to get Sephiroth's MC2, but I had to Advantaliate (and Mythril Restore, for the Boss Rush) pretty much every step of the way, including the fight against the Turks. It wasn't terribly difficult, but neither was it very fulfilling, and I didn't get the Boss Rush mastery. So for Exdeath, and later for the push to Lenna's MC2, I really want to master them all and also do it without retaliate, if at all possible.

So this is was my setup for Exdeath;
    UVH6ih9.jpg
    And this is what happened next;
    LjALasi.jpg
    And this is the result!
    mzcKQB5.jpg

Woooooooooooo! That's my first Event lvl 99 Difficulty fight with Mastery without cheese =) Looking at the boss rush, I think I can handle it no problem, and probably Antlion too.

Rius on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ugh, this is the last day for omega isn't it. I have to figure out if I can beat him.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Ugh, this is the last day for omega isn't it. I have to figure out if I can beat him.

Yeah, you've got 7 hours and 25 minutes. Good luck!

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Beat Ultimate Exdeath. Relatively smoothly in fact. Completely spaced out on the elemental requirements though. Hmm.

I wonder if I can pull off using Carbuncle and an AOE SB heal. I actually didn't need that much healing in the first place. I just wonder if using a SB boosting materia would be a decent strategy.

My kingdom for a 3rd SB materia though.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Rius38thDoeUrQuanLord88El Fantastico
    fehhh this is going to be super annoying without a 2nd autohaste RM. i really need to get luneth's memory crystal :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You can do it!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

fehhh this is going to be super annoying without a 2nd autohaste RM. i really need to get luneth's memory crystal :(

Balthier and Zidane both have auto-haste as their RM1, can you get one or the other?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I was surprised as how much people the usual vets were having on a 99 difficulty encounter, then I remembered what a colossal dick Exdeath is in the actual game. I actually never finished it! I couldn't beat him, and stopped playing.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    So, during the Reno/Sephiroth event, I was able to get Sephiroth's MC2, but I had to Advantaliate (and Mythril Restore, for the Boss Rush) pretty much every step of the way, including the fight against the Turks. It wasn't terribly difficult, but neither was it very fulfilling, and I didn't get the Boss Rush mastery. So for Exdeath, and later for the push to Lenna's MC2, I really want to master them all and also do it without retaliate, if at all possible.

So this is was my setup for Exdeath;
    UVH6ih9.jpg
    And this is what happened next;
    LjALasi.jpg
    And this is the result!
    mzcKQB5.jpg

Woooooooooooo! That's my first Event lvl 99 Difficulty fight with Mastery without cheese =) Looking at the boss rush, I think I can handle it no problem, and probably Antlion too.

Good luck, I found a mage heavy strategy worked well. This may be considered "cheesing" a boss, but many are vulnerable to sleep.

Rius wrote: »

Balthier and Zidane both have auto-haste as their RM1, can you get one or the other?

Yea, I have Zidane's. Started after Balthier came out. I should be able to beat him, I just wiped at 10% because I stopped Wakka instead of Vaan who had reflect up. Just would be a lot less spammy if I had autohaste on both stoppers :p

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Luneths MC is available in story missions I believe FF3? and the eggs you get from today if you log in are more than enough to get him from 1-50 instantly.

For anyone just starting the game based on the thread title, you might want to make the following with your free orbs;

Ruinga (gives you 2 casts of powerful AoE non-elemental black magic, great for bosses with multiple parts)
    Waterja (gives you 2 casts of very powerful single target water element black magic, great for nuking bosses)

And potentially one copy of;

Diaga (gives you 4 casts of very powerful single target holy element white magic, great for nuking bosses)

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Just beat Exdeath with relative ease. Thanks everyone for the advice in the previous thread.

I changed a few things around, brought my Vega42 equipped Sasz to keep up Shell/Haste, and I saved my RW Stoneskins for the 50% mark. That really made a world of difference. I also saved Cecil's SSB Limit till about 40% and then unleashed three back to back holy attacks on him for bonkers damage.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I would actually say make protectga and shellga first. Many ways to do damage but those abilities become essential last on.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

BluecyanEl FantasticoKnight_shoeboxjeddy
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I would actually say make protectga and shellga first. Many ways to do damage but those abilities become essential last on.

I mean, a new player could, but the damage from those three spells is going to slaughter content for them for quite a while. If they run into a situation where they need mitigation, they can use Boon or Lunatic High or Wall from a friend summon. And it's not enough free orbs to make both Protectga and Shellga; you'd need an 11th Greater Earth.

Waterja is fine because there's no orb overlap, but I'd craft protectga/shellga before Ruinga, only because holy orbs are at a pretty high premium, they don't come very easy. Plus, high level black magic at early levels is great, but only really starts to shine when you've got BLMs RM2.

38thDoeKnight_
    Man, I forsee leveling a lot of dudes and farming a lot of RM2's in the next year. I don't have Black Mage higher than maybe level 10. Same with White Mage, and y'all were talking about his RM2 the other day.

I just got Josef's RM2 yesterday and I'm pretty happy about that, but apparently that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Someone also mentioned Spellblade's RM2 earlier in this thread. What's so great about that?

Leveling all these generic characters just so I can harvest their RM's seems so hollow.

edited December 2015
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Man, I forsee leveling a lot of dudes and farming a lot of RM2's in the next year. I don't have Black Mage higher than maybe level 10. Same with White Mage, and y'all were talking about his RM2 the other day.

I just got Josef's RM2 yesterday and I'm pretty happy about that, but apparently that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Someone also mentioned Spellblade's RM2 earlier in this thread. What's so great about that?

Leveling all these generic characters just so I can harvest their RM's seems so hollow.

Spellblades RM is much the same as BLM/WHM, except for spellblade abilities. "restore 1 spellblade ability at the beginning of each battle." Good for boss rushes with elemental weaknesses. Which happens quite often.

Javen on
    edited December 2015
    It's actually not enough free greater orbs to even make Protectga; you get six Greater Earth, and Protectga needs eight. It's not enough to make one of each of Waterja and Ruinga either, actually... There's only enough White and Black orbs for a single R1 of each school.

R1 each of Waterja and Shellga uses 3 Fire, 3 Ice, 3 Earth and 3 Holy. Once the player finds 4 more Greater White and 5 more Greater Earth, they can make Protectga. That's about as good as it gets, I think?

Rius on
    Did someone say the Dragon Pod in the boss rush can be Stopped? I'm trying to put together my list of essential skills for this fight and then I'll distribute them and figure out which characters to bring.

For the 3rd boss, the 4 Crystal thingies, I'm thinking maybe just strong AOE physical abilities, rather than trying to figure out all the elemental weaknesses? I've got 8 rounds of Kick. 4 rounds of Yukikaze, 4 rounds of Dark Moon, and I could bring a character with Black Magic / Summons and do like Ruinaga and Dragon or something. I have rank 1 Valefor, but 1 cast seems not worth it to pack along.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Did someone say the Dragon Pod in the boss rush can be Stopped? I'm trying to put together my list of essential skills for this fight and then I'll distribute them and figure out which characters to bring.

For the 3rd boss, the 4 Crystal thingies, I'm thinking maybe just strong AOE physical abilities, rather than trying to figure out all the elemental weaknesses? I've got 8 rounds of Kick. 4 rounds of Yukikaze, 4 rounds of Dark Moon, and I could bring a character with Black Magic / Summons and do like Ruinaga and Dragon or something. I have rank 1 Valefor, but 1 cast seems not worth it to pack along.
    Yes, apparently you can Stop the Dragon Pod to keep it from creating any flowers. You'll want Auto-Haste on your Stop user if you can.

The crystal enemies apparently only use physical attacks until their HP is low, at which point they start unleashing magic attacks (presumably powerful ones?). Another user had an easy time of it using Gilgamesh with Draw Fire + Retaliate; even if you don't want to cheese Retaliate to deal damage to the crystals by attacking your own character, it will still prevent their attacks from landing on you (and create lots of legit counter-attacks).

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    The spellblade RM is okay. Even for boss rushes, you usually don't run into a situation of multiple bosses needing the same element, not so many in a row that you just don't have enough hones. @silence1186 is also a super-completionist so ALL THE RMS is a thing for him. :)

Before the UI update, I hated having so many RMs because it was impossible to sort through and more RMs just meant more scrolling.

Concentration 2 and Mana Spring 2 are worth it (and eventually FuSoYa's RM which guarantees white AND black magic). When/If they give guys like Setzer or Barret RM2s that guarantee Support and Combat ability refreshes, those will be useful, too.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

silence1186
    edited December 2015
    My Gilgamesh is like level 27 or something. I probably won't use him. There are just too many characters to level and not enough growth eggs for them all.

When I got Rinoa's Cadinal SSB the other day I had to invest pretty much all of my eggs into her because I had been using Lulu as my BLM, and Rinoa was not very high. 30 something. Rinoa is 60 now and I am basically out of eggs.

Lucascraft on
    yay, beat omega. he gibbed hope right at the last second with quake because 2 stops missed, but everyone else survived on magic pixel and i already had the damage to kill him being cast. real happy about my decision to put +500hp ring on vaan :p

oh well, back to upgradematfest for a few more hours until i have to finally start poking the ff5 event.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    38thDoe
    I tried Omega again earlier. I don't think I'm gonna get that one down. My Stops just don't last long enough and I don't have enough hones to sustain it. I really hate that that fight hinges on being able to maintain a 99% uptime on one debuff.

edited December 2015
    So just spitballin' some ideas here for Omega. What if I roll with some sort of mage/support team. I'm thinking maybe Rinoa and load her with Thundaga and maybe a non-elemental spell like Comet as a backup when I run out of Thundaga. I could run Lulu and give her my 4 charges of Thundaja, and I bet I can craft a second Stop and get at least 4 casts with it. I can't hone my main stop to 10 casts, but I bet I could craft and hone a second ability. Put that on Lulu as backup. Then I would bring Vanille as primary healer with Curaga and Shellga. And bring Yuna with her 4 casts of Ramuh, and perhaps Memory of Light. Last spot would be Sasz in the primary role of Stop caster, and he would have Boon in a pinch.

Lucascraft on
    So just spitballin' some ideas here for Omega. What if I roll with some sort of mage/support team. I'm thinking maybe Rinoa and load her with Thundaga and maybe a non-elemental spell like Comet as a backup when I run out of Thundaga. I could run Lulu and give her my 4 charges of Thundaja, and I bet I can craft a second Stop and get at least 4 casts with it. I can't hone my main stop to 10 casts, but I bet I could craft and hone a second ability. Put that on Lulu as backup. Then I would bring Vanille as primary healer with Curaga and Shellga. And bring Yuna with her 4 casts of Ramuh, and perhaps Memory of Light. Last spot would be Sasz in the primary role of Stop caster, and he would have Boon in a pinch.

Physical damage is a key to beating Omega, since despite having Lightning as a vulnerability, its Resistance stat is huge. A level 60 Vivi with over 300 MAG was barely doing 6.5k with Thundaja. Thundaga was doing half of that.

Ugh. I'm weakest in the physical arena, because I don't have any of Cloud or Sephiroth's weapons.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I found that 10 cumulative hones of Stop were sufficient (brought R4 and R2, but I think I could have gotten by on R4/R1), but you need a *lot* of thunder hones to down the boss.

You'll almost certainly need to fit in Reflect. I didn't find much utility in bringing a healer; even if stop missed once or twice it usually wasn't the end of the world and you just can't have someone along with no damage potential.

Omega only costs 1 stamina to attempt though, so it's definitely a fight that rewards throwing stuff out there and seeing how close/far off you are from a kill.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    All I want is Tidus's RM3 to drop. Taking forever.

silence1186
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Damn. Behemoth (VIII VOM) has way too much defense. My usual strategy is useless here.

I just beat him to death with a soldier sword.

Vanille: Stop R4/Reflect R1 RM: Auto Haste
    Hope: Stop R3/Ensuna R1 RM: Double Hit
    Vaan: Armor Break (never cast)/Double Cut R4 RM: Auto Reflect
    Wakka: Full Break (never cast)/Tempo Flurry R5 RM: the stupid full ATB chance one, didn't have anything for him
    Cloud: Retaliate R5/Thundara Strike R3 (only cast twice) RM: SOLDIER Strike
    RW: Advance

Equipment was:
    Vanille: Wyrmfang/Circlet/Rune Armlet
    Hope: Skycutter/Defensive Veil/Angel Ring
    Vaan: A weapon/Heroic Scarf/Giant's Ring
    Wakka: A weapon/Bard's Bracelet/Barrier Ring
    Cloud: SOLDIER Sword/Esthar Bracers/Some +20 atk accessory

Basically as long as you have any natural 5* weapon for cloud, and decent +mnd weapons for your stoppers (skycutter isn't even that good, but I don't have much), you can do it without much problem imo. I didn't cast an SB aside from my RW advance the entire fight.

Especially since I'm looking at it now and I brought my level 1 skycutter instead of the level 20 skycutter. I'm real good at this.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Don't forget to sign in! The next breakpoint for the NYE rewards just went up

Is there a Record Materia similar to Lulu's Inner Fire that gives a bonus to Lightning damage (or Ice)?

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Is there a Record Materia similar to Lulu's Inner Fire that gives a bonus to Lightning damage (or Ice)?

Not specifically.

Quistis though has a materia for 10% bonus damage for exploiting weakness. Tyro also has one, and a 20% version too.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."

I don't think so, but Tyro's Attunement/Attunement 2 is pretty versatile in that regard.

Nope. Omega is not gonna happen. I'm using two people to cast stop and he's still breaking free and melting me. I don't know how you all are getting your Stops to stick, but this is friggin impossible. I've got 8 casts on Sasz and 4 more on Lulu and between the two of them Omega has gotten multiple turns off.

This discussion has been closed.