As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] New Event, New Thread. Get a Move On!

1939495969799»

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    By Skip Turn I mean Swap.
    OK, so how do I Swap?

There's an arrow above the 2nd ability slot in battle that says 'skip' that leaves their ATB bar full and gives you control of the next person.

...how did I never notice that before? :0

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I'm probably going to end up doing all the math before I even try Bahamut Sin. I'm hoping it works out that Nibelheim Nightmare will take care of 2 waves of Creepers, and then I only have to defeat the first wave by myself.

I will probably end up bringing a bunch of Samurai, maybe Tifa with Burning arrow, and then some kind of support and/or healer. There's too much to jam in a team of five.

Nibelheim Nightmare will easily wreck one pack of dogs by itself with the summon damage alone, doing almost 18-20k of damage. The buff sadly only lasts for about 3 turns, but that's still enough to kill the current pack, but it'll be out before the next ones show up.

That's it? I was hoping for 4x 9999 after weakness.

• Options
    LuqLuq Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Here we go folks. C'mon lucky mithril! My brain wants the Selphie stick, my heart wants that as well but wants Laguna's weapon a tiny bit more. Really though come on Selphie!

100 gem... damn you FFXII

50 mithril down on the 11 pull... ooh a third Hayate bow nice... and Selphie's nunchucks! WOO!

Luq on
    FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    my level 80 redxiii with attack gear and PP was doing 30-40k random AOE with his ssb after FB.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Holy moly 99 pages. I'll make a new thread in a few minutes; anyone got any suggestions for the OP?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    We have now lapped the general FF thread twice since I made it.

• Options
    LuqLuq Registered User regular
    That mega64 video about Sakaguchi's thought process as he made each game.

FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    so, after I beat Bahamut sin, I took one last look at the second banner for VII and said to myself: well I don't have any relics for yuffie or sephiroth (specifically sephiroth) and I never pulled organics.... even another ribbon would be a good mage hat so why don't I do a 3 pull just for fun.

boom organics AND another precious watch.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Cult of three got me Seifer's coat which is a damn fine SB and will be v useful for the elites

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I really wish we could get translated SSB banners, because I'd like to take a try on the second banner to finish off my Organics. Or failing that, at least know if I can can throw some mythril at Red Scorpion.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Savant wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    By Skip Turn I mean Swap.

180 Stamina spent on Bahamut SIN, first two attempts resulted in Clears, couldn't get the third done in 87 actions or less. My second attempt saved a bunch of turns but i wasn't counting, and I'm pretty sure i used 88, lol. Turns out both of those attempts went REALLY well, because the third attempt never gelled even after three hours of S/L.

Little bummed because I spent a bunch of Eggs on Sephiroth and a bunch of Power Orbs on Mirror of Equity and Flame Blossom, but they're good skills and I don't consider it a waste, really.

I put together a mage team and I might give it a spin on Monday, but it will need to RW for Boon and not Wall so I have some doubts.

On to the FF8 event!

It's sort of ridiculous because not only do you have to do a ton of damage, but you have to do a ton of damage to enemies with defenses that are among the highest of anything fought so far outside of gimmick fights. You can't just have good hones and get the actions medals, unless those hones are of 5* skills, because you need good enough offensive gear to be able to finish the fight fast enough. I only really ran out of ability uses on Red because I was using an R3 MBD and an R2 FB, and that was fine for the other ultimates.

Hopefully the future fights aren't tuned like this.

Doesn't sound that way atleast as far as total effective HP goes. Defense and Res are going to keep going up though.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Used 100 gems to get the 5 star heavy armor.

Ehhhhh...this is probably about as close to disappointed as I could be with a five star item, but the stats aren't that bad really, I guess. Resistance is more reasonable on it than I was expecting.

This discussion has been closed.