Happy New Year!

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    H... happy new year...

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have no idea what breaking the taboo does and no desire to personally find out.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    nobody here but us jrpgs

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I have no idea what breaking the taboo does and no desire to personally find out.
    The robot automatically infracts you if you use the word in a post

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    And visual novels

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I think I forgot to turn off my Wii U before I went to work, so Xenoblade has been going all day.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    Happy New Year!

The best possible new year.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Another day of playing Xenoblade X, another white cosmetite. Maybe by next week I'll actually be able to take a new mission!

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    Happy New Year!

This the worst Christmas ever.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Fishing for Geth infractions or...?

Nobody was even talking about Japanese cartoons.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Another day of playing Xenoblade X, another white cosmetite. Maybe by next week I'll actually be able to take a new mission!

Do you have mining probes planted on the sites that can net you white cometite?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

It's never too soon to take precautions against them.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

Yes. It just takes. Fucking. Forever. Like literally been over a dozen hours for me total playing since I've been trying to get the stuff and I now have 3/5.

• Options

Yes. It just takes. Fucking. Forever. Like literally been over a dozen hours for me total playing since I've been trying to get the stuff and I now have 3/5.

Bizarre

I had all 5 by the time I started that mission; well, I had 4, and then the 5th took me like fifteen minutes to mine

But I had my strongest mining probes on those spots, which may have affected it

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    When did you take that mission? I took it after chapter... 1? 2 at most? I do not have good probes. I cannot get access to good probes.

Gundi on
  • Options
    This is Lin's first affinity mission, right? The repair mission? Yeah I took it after like... chapter 3 or so, maybe. Hard to say. It's been a while

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Does Fire Emblem Awakening count as a JRPG?

Because I just got a 3DS with it for christmas and yo this is my jam

100%, if you wanna talk about it here
    Radius wrote: »
    Fire Emblem Awakening is the most JRPG game in a series of JRPGs.

hooray! I haven't jurpged in what feels like years but this just feels so good

right up until I leave Lissa or Miriel open and they die in two hits and then I reset the game and try again because while I know there's a casual mode I'd rather restart the fight until I get it right, dammit

also Frederick is a goddamn beast and it feels like cheating when I just park him in a choke point like the rocks of the eternal shore, and then watch enemies crash upon him and be broken

also also I know some people get super particular about which characters get paired off with each other to get the best bonuses or whatever but I am just watching their conversations and I want to see how things play out if I don't deliberately interfere

Matching up personalities is 100% the right way to do it

I know you don't really need advice, but

Maribelle is beast mode if you eventually swap her class over into an offensive magical school. She's scary as Hell as a mage

Huh. I always thought Panne was beast mode.

(I apologize for nothing. Also, she does have some of the best stats of any unit in the army if you reclass her.)

• Options
    This is Lin's first affinity mission, right? The repair mission? Yeah I took it after like... chapter 3 or so, maybe. Hard to say. It's been a while
    Hence, why I think the game has pretty god-awful mission design.

• Options
    ....Gundi

I'm looking at the mission right now. The Repair Job?

It doesn't require White Cometite according to the guide

I'm going to look at the mission in my actual game to see what the requirements were and after that I'll be back

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    It absolutely does.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Yep Lin's affinity mission is pretty much bullshit and I've seen a bunch of people say to save the game before you start it just in case, and also to try to leave it until later.

Literally the only advice I can give to get White Cometite is to check your probe locations that have them as a mineable resource and put your best mining probes there, and maybe try to make a chain to boost their productivity.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    It absolutely does.

Only if you tell Lin that you'll try to get a permanent solution. If you just tell her to deal with it, the mission ends there and you move on.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Mmm, right you are. I was looking in the guide to see if it offered advice on how to get white cometite faster (the mission is only available after Chapter 3 so you would have picked it up at the same time as me) but it doesn't even list the goal at all

Give me a minute and I'll figure out what you can do to make it go faster, if only by looking at more spaces where you can get them. What's your mechanical skill elvel?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It's 4. I'm level 17.

Gundi on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    OK, level 17 means you can make some explorations in Noctilum and small pushes in Oblivia, so long as you're careful about avoiding the big suckers

FN115 and FN118 have White Cometite—FN118 is in the east, second from the right on the entrance to Oblivia. FN115 is east and slightly north of that, on the little peninsula. I think both of those should be doable at level 4.

Accessible Noctilum ones for your level would basically just be 219—on the beach to the north side of the little lake that borders the ocean on the lower half of the continent.

Oblivia.... FN303 is the one south of the entrance, though I can't remember how strong enemies are. You should be able to reach it, though. FN307 is the next one further south of that, and should be accessible but might present you some problems (the benefit here is that any enemies you can kill in Oblivia will make you level quickly).

You have 4-5 locations you can mine White Cometite from right now, and if you place mining probes on each of them you should be pulling it down at a fairly reasonable rate. I couldn't give you a good estimate but one an hour would be the lower end. Using a chain on them might help too.

Sorry I don't have a better solution than that

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Yeah, part two of the repair job totally requires the white thingies.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    For it being Lin's first affinity mission and being able to be accessed so easily I'm pretty sure that part is supposed to a kind of tutorial for mining ores.

But since most stuff in the game is tutorialized so badly, this is also tutorialized pretty badly (is that even a word?)

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    The good news is that is by far the most annoying mission in the game (that I've found, at least) and none of the other affinity missions I've taken since have been anywhere near as bullshit.

I made a 5 chain around the site in North Primordia that gave White Whothefuckcares and went to bed, had them all when I woke up.

Fuck that mission.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Xenoblade Chronicles X is a game that will repeatedly kick you in the guts until you get your skell, at which point it goes "OK I guess you're cool" and takes off its boots

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    The good news is that is by far the most annoying mission in the game

It's not.

Although to be fair when I was doing Lin's mission I got the last White majigger while doing the mission so it wasn't a problem.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    This conversation is reminding of how I spent 12+ hours running around Colony 7 in Xenoblade the first doing sidequests and I am still missing one item for the collectopedia there.

Anyway, I gave X a chance, I really did. But I'm trading this shit in on Saturday. It is, in my opinion, terrible. There isn't a single thing I like about this game.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Schide wrote: »
    For it being Lin's first affinity mission and being able to be accessed so easily I'm pretty sure that part is supposed to a kind of tutorial for mining ores.

But since most stuff in the game is tutorialized so badly, this is also tutorialized pretty badly (is that even a word?)

Yes that is a word and you used it correctly

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I never had to deal w/it because I said fuck it to permanent solutions. If any quest ever offers you options in this game, and one option sounds like it'd be more annoying than another, take the easier one. Kill the things over gathering the things.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    This conversation is reminding of how I spent 12+ hours running around Colony 7 in Xenoblade the first doing sidequests and I am still missing one item for the collectopedia there.

Anyway, I gave X a chance, I really did. But I'm trading this shit in on Saturday. It is, in my opinion, terrible. There isn't a single thing I like about this game.

I like a lot of things about it but I also hate a lot of things about it.

• Options
    You should never gather things if given the choice. Murder is always faster and easier and more cheatable

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think I tried to gather stuff instead of kill things when given the choice for, oh, maybe 2 or 3 missions before saying fuck that and resorting to sweet, sweet violence.

It makes sense from a roleplaying perspective too, my character started out as a tryhard newbie before realizing that she was part of the NLA cool kids club and whatever she says goes.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh my god, the Intergalactic level gear for Skells. AKA: A free Megazord finisher in every box. I wasn't sure if I wanted to replace my fold-out rifle art but I now have my choice between a Tesla-esque energy cannon or an enormous sword that is killing level 30 enemies in one go. The former made me go "Yeah, ok, yeah, ok" out loud and the latter left me speechless.

• Options
    On the plus side, I have nice clothes now. And really the fashion gear concept is a wonderful idea that all RPGs should use. I love being able to have good defense without wearing awkward painful metal bikinis on the female cast

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

I'm sure you'll live.

This discussion has been closed.