YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    How can I live without my saiyan pride

You've done fine so far.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Fishing for Geth infractions or...?

Nobody was even talking about Japanese cartoons.

I'm sure you'll live.

That's not really my point, but sure whatever.

Just don't think the Geth jokes are funny when it leads to people eating infractions by accidentally typing a word.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Trails in the Sky is a game that I have never seriously looked at just because the shorthand for it is TITS

But

I saw that the in-game sprites look like Harvest Moon 64 and the game has so much good word of mouth that I grabbed it on GOG

Will I regret this? Possibly

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I hope you like tits, wyborn

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I have only ever heard good things about TITS.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm pretty excited, guys.

So I got a kindle fire for xmas, which I'm kind of ambivalent about because it doesn't even meet the recommended specs for Hearthstone, but it DOES play all of the FF ports that have been brought to mobile devices lately. This weekend I need to setup the regular google android app store though, since the Amazon underground, despite offering some paid apps for free, doesn't have as big a selection. The controls suck on some, BUT it's a got a microUSB port, which means I can plug an xbox controller in it, and it's apparently plug and play. Gonna grab FF 4/5/6/7/Tactics and KOTOR

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I'm sure you'll live.

Just don't think the Geth jokes are funny when it leads to people eating infractions by accidentally typing a word.

Infractions aren't really a big deal though? Like, worst-case scenario, you do it too much (or violate conduct rules or something) and get jailed for a bit.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

I'm sure you'll live.

No, it's not actually a joke, I'm doing it to keep the thread in line.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    knowing the NX is coming makes me leery at picking up a new 3ds and playing xenoblade since it's getting debuted or whatever this year

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    knowing the NX is coming makes me leery at picking up a new 3ds and playing xenoblade since it's getting debuted or whatever this year

Why?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I wouldn't want to spend all that money on a new 3ds when the next handheld could be out this year

• Options
    It won't be out this year. And, like, who cares if the next one is out next year, this is the one that has all the games. Buying the new one when there's nothing out for it doesn't do any good. Get the games you want, rather that wait around for something unknown.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The water shrine in Tales of Zestiria is some bullshit.

• Options
    The water shrine in Tales of Zestiria is some bullshit.

Keeping with a strong video game tradition of water stages being the worst

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

I'm sure you'll live.

I guess I'm confused, because I'm not sure what prompted that course of action.

It seemed out of nowhere if it wasn't a joke.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    It may not be a joke, but I'm still thoroughly entertained.

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    We must build a wall to keep the japanese cartoons out, and make them pay for it.

I'm also excited for FF9! I like how more console games are coming to steam in general.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    It won't be out this year. And, like, who cares if the next one is out next year, this is the one that has all the games. Buying the new one when there's nothing out for it doesn't do any good. Get the games you want, rather that wait around for something unknown.

But if the NX ends up backwards-compatible, it really would be a waste of money.

I'd say if you've gone this long without picking one up and you don't mind waiting a bit longer, it's not a bad idea to at least wait until there are a few more details about the NX.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

I'm sure you'll live.

Because the last thread wasnt?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    At least this isn't a shadow hearts thread

But Shadow Heart's 2 is the best jurp ever tho

• Options
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

But if the NX ends up backwards-compatible, it really would be a waste of money.

I'd say if you've gone this long without picking one up and you don't mind waiting a bit longer, it's not a bad idea to at least wait until there are a few more details about the NX.
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

I guess. I have a feeling based on the rumors that it's probably not going to be backwards-compatible this time, but you're right, might as well wait to find out for sure.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's funny like a joke

• Options
    edited January 2016

I'm sure you'll live.

The Jurp thread exists under the understanding that it is much closer, constantly, to the edge of certain forbidden topics. The understanding the thread had with Whippy when the first one was authorized was that if that line was crossed the thread would be vaporized much, much, much faster than the average

This isn't new

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Did you guys just forget about the 2 pages you spent discussing what makes a song [verboten word] in here or what

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2016

I'm sure you'll live.

The last thread mucked around every now and then as well. If you guys want to keep the whining going you can do via PM, though.

A duck! on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I was honestly just asking if we had done something specifically wrong.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Can I say animu?

• Options
    every single nintendo handheld has been backwards compatible so I would expect the NX the continue that trend if it is a handheld

• Options
    Wind Shrine done. Thank Jesus...

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    On one hand I don't want to buy a WiiU if the NX is BC...which I think it will be.

On the other hand it has a few games I really want to play and the NX probably won't be out until November at the earliest.

• Options
    Finally, I'm finally done with that stupid mission!

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Trails in the Sky is a game that I have never seriously looked at just because the shorthand for it is TITS

But

I saw that the in-game sprites look like Harvest Moon 64 and the game has so much good word of mouth that I grabbed it on GOG

It's concerned with building a world and telling a story much more than just about anything else.

But it also has nice music and a very well-balanced combat system with a good deal of freedom of expression in terms of upgrades and equipment and a generous retry function.

It's also a decade old, visually, which is probably turnoff for many, but seems to be a plus for you, so yay.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Trails in the Sky is the best Skies of Arcadia game in years

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    The legend of galactic heroes: trails in the skies of arcadia

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

But

I've seen an LP of it. It is right up your alley.

The main character is a girl who loves hitting people with a stick and new tennis shoes.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Take that, you level 60 global nemesis

Too tough to handle for my level 50 Mastema, are you? That's fine. You go ahead and do that

Because me and some other player just went after you on foot. They were clearly trying for the Ether Blossom Dance build but hadn't quite hashed out the mechanics yet; I went in with my Dual Guns/Dual Swords and the two of us kicked into Overdrive and jsut tore into the thing for eight minutes straight.

Ghostwalker is the best move in the game; when you use it, your character walks to the side for a second, leaving afterimages as they walk, staring cold in a "What, you want a fucking piece of me?" gesture at the enemy. It activates a buff that lets you dodge a certain number of attacks for a certain amount of time, and if you let it get to its high enough use you can walk through whole barrages of bullets or ether blasts or whatever.

So we're just laying into it, her throwing down True Something or Other while I'm slipping behind the thing for a Hundred Shells, and the numbers off these attacks, I'm doing 75k every time I drop the technique at max overdrive count and 40k with a maximized Bakcslash, and I can drop these moves so fast it makes my skell look like a joke in comparison

She was careless with her Ghostwalker, and got blasted out of the fight more than once—but with maximized Overdrive count I could fill up 6000TP with three uses of Side Slash, which takes about four seconds, and Ghostwalker let me get over to her and revive her pretty easy. Twice I did that, and the second time took, and

Man

It was great. It was like a dance. I thought we weren't doing much damage to it, but at the end? At the end we took down its health bar five times and got two Silver Yggdril Nuts out of it. That shit is apparently hard to get!

I am so pleased with how that felt, oh man

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    One of the things I love about Trails is that the series completely avoids the commonality of 'adults are useless' in JRPGs. It presents the leaders of towns and countries, the military, your character(s) parents, etc. all as highly capable people. When you're saving the day it's not that the standing powers aren't doing anything. It's that you're part of a larger plan and they're doing something else while you're doing what you're doing that they can't (or can't as easily) for location/political/etc. reasons.

I think the games being more localized rather than worlding-spanning epics helps with this.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Xenoblade chapter 5 spoilers:
    It'd be way cooler if humanity was actually all robots now, instead of just remotely piloting robots.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    You are right about that, Gundi

You are right about that

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.