As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Gave up on trying to piece together the last cards for a level 4 badge. Didn't quite have enough left in my wallet to make it work, so I turned them all into gems. Which left me just shy of the booster pack I wanted. I'll poke around my inventory and see if their is anything else worth gemming to round things out.

I gave up on my next level when steam threw too many time delays in my face when th cards would expire. Hell I switched on the mobile thing and all but I still had to wait. So irritating.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    Woke up to a flat tire.
    Work has already sucked rotten eggs and I'm only 2 hours in.
    I hurt my wrist this weekend and I forgot to bring any Tylenol to work.
    I missed breakfast.

Today is not looking like my best day ever.

I need retail therapy.

Someone's gettin' gifted...

Pretend you hurt your wrist at work, go home "sick", get a bag full of sausage+butter+cheese+english muffins on the way.

Boom, solved.

Are those individual sausage, butter, cheese, and english muffins or some sort of monster?

Put all those ingredients together, thank me later.

You're missing the egg.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Right but in comparison to those others, I'd say Korra is lower down on the list.

True, and Korra's been this price before, as have the others, so really it's a matter of which game is most likely to get played between now and the next time they go on sale/summer sale, I suppose.

For my money, I'd go for Shadow Warrior first, Korra second, and the others after, but I have no idea what Hard Reset even is, and the others he narrowed it down to don't interest me or I have but haven't played yet.

So yeah, Shadow Warrior, then Korra is my input.

I went with hard reset. . .because it said the words cyber punk ._.

I find it funny how many people have the weakness of "it said cyberpunk". For some reason, that's never been my jam. Fantasy Tech is usually what I like, probably because of all my years playing early Final Fantasies while reading Dragonlance novels. Gnomes figured out time travel, yo.

I mean, you're certainly entitled to not dig cyberpunk.

It may mean you're a terrible person, but that's your choice.

:razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Right but in comparison to those others, I'd say Korra is lower down on the list.

True, and Korra's been this price before, as have the others, so really it's a matter of which game is most likely to get played between now and the next time they go on sale/summer sale, I suppose.

For my money, I'd go for Shadow Warrior first, Korra second, and the others after, but I have no idea what Hard Reset even is, and the others he narrowed it down to don't interest me or I have but haven't played yet.

I find it funny how many people have the weakness of "it said cyberpunk". For some reason, that's never been my jam. Fantasy Tech is usually what I like, probably because of all my years playing early Final Fantasies while reading Dragonlance novels. Gnomes figured out time travel, yo.

It's not that I don't like it, but more that I could take or leave it. Saying it "wasn't my jam" might have been misleading. It's just not a deciding factor for me, really ever.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I love cyberpunk as a setting, but very few games set there click for me. I'm hoping that when I get there Shadowrun Returns will hit because Cyberpunk XCOM sounds amazing.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I can't believe the sale is just about over. This has been the most low-key Steam sale I've seen since getting into PC gaming three years ago.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I can't believe the sale is just about over. This has been the most low-key Steam sale I've seen since getting into PC gaming three years ago.

Yeah I miss the flash sales, daily deals, etc. And actual events...

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

Hard Reset is just the timeless story of a guy with a lot of guns who really hates robots. It's really really good and an excellent choice. :)

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Godfry daniels, lost my chance to just purchase those last three cards. I'm missing 1, 3, and 9 if anyone wants to offload their $0.15 worth of sweet trading cards.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I am going to stop talking in this thread until the class stops flying. It's still a dangerous place to be.

but in the mean time I will also and will not also will play a game that is not a game because

@Talus9952 just sent The Stanley Parable my way.

*googles the word Parable*

*googles the word Stanley*

yes I see. this could could end well. or it could never end well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Woke up to a flat tire.
    Work has already sucked rotten eggs and I'm only 2 hours in.
    I hurt my wrist this weekend and I forgot to bring any Tylenol to work.
    I missed breakfast.

Today is not looking like my best day ever.

I need retail therapy.

Someone's gettin' gifted...

Pretend you hurt your wrist at work, go home "sick", get a bag full of sausage+butter+cheese+english muffins on the way.

Boom, solved.

Are those individual sausage, butter, cheese, and english muffins or some sort of monster?

Put all those ingredients together, thank me later.

You're missing the egg.

Leave out the egg and just eat more of them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »

Yeah I miss the flash sales, daily deals, etc. And actual events...

The ARG appears to be ongoing (dunno if the red herring badge will still be gettable after the sale is done), but the people working on it seem to be jumping and screaming HL3 at everything, so I don't know if anything else is going to be found.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I am going to stop talking in this thread until the class stops flying. It's still a dangerous place to be.

but in the mean time I will also and will not also will play a game that is not a game because

Talus9952 just sent The Stanley Parable my way.

*googles the word Parable*

*googles the word Stanley*

yes I see. this could could end well. or it could never end well.

You might be away for a while if that be the case. :wink:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    It's taking a lot of willpower to not re-do my earlier FO4 settlements, since they look like crap now compared to my newer settlements >< I think i'm nearing the end of the story, almost every location has been discovered now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Buying from Steam and was quite shocked
    Cannot buy more for I've been blocked

Not a huge deal but it leaves me miffed
    Since the sale will be over and be missed

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    It's taking a lot of willpower to not re-do my earlier FO4 settlements, since they look like crap now compared to my newer settlements >< I think i'm nearing the end of the story, almost every location has been discovered now.

Pics.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I love cyberpunk as a setting, but very few games set there click for me. I'm hoping that when I get there Shadowrun Returns will hit because Cyberpunk XCOM sounds amazing.

Shadowrun Returns is fun, but a bit rough around the edges.
    Dragonfall smooths a lot of those edges out and tops it off with a better story and more memorable characters.
    I'm excited to give Hong Kong a play in the near future, because I've heard really good things.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Finally got around to finishing Broken Age last night. I'd held off on playing through part two for a while. I think because I knew I should probably replay through part one again first, which I did. But once I was past the material I'd already played I was back on board. Enjoyed the game a lot with the exception of some annoying design in the last puzzle that'd reset things in a way that had me repeating my steps a lot. Also then finished watching the last two episodes of the documentary series.

I also played a few more games of Renowned Explorers. That game is kind of addicting. Finally had a run where I survived all the way to the finish, but came in second place.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    So, after completing possibly the stupidest "bragging rights" thing in Mass Effect 3 (183 pull-ups, what) I'm finally ready for finishing the game. It'll be nice to get this one out of the backlog after 2 years of owning it. :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular

If you had said steam punk, you would have sold me. Hell, I was ok with the version of Wiked I saw in theater, even though it was a musical, just because of the steam punk.

Cyber punk? Meh.

As for FF VIII the story is ok so far, but the mechanics, I'm still not liking. It doesn't feel like FF to me. I know they change between the ones I have played, but something is off.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    FINALLY! The dales are over and I can stop rhyming!

I been playing a lot of Undertale recently.

It's a good romp and absolutely love the characters, dialogue and some of the mechanics. Avoiding every piece and article sorrounding it was worthwhile.
    Taking the pacifist route, we'll see how that goes.

Been rhyming too much that I actually had a lucid dream where I was in a packed stadium doing a freestyle rap battle and sucking royalty.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Spent no real money this sale take that steam.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »

Pics.

I'll take some tonight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »

It's a good romp and absolutely love the characters, dialogue and some of the mechanics. Avoiding every piece and article sorrounding it was worthwhile.

Been rhyming too much that I actually had a lucid dream where I was in a packed stadium doing a freestyle rap battle and sucking royalty.

I don't know how you kept rhyming going for the whole sale, but it was quite entertaining.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    Gave up on trying to piece together the last cards for a level 4 badge. Didn't quite have enough left in my wallet to make it work, so I turned them all into gems. Which left me just shy of the booster pack I wanted. I'll poke around my inventory and see if their is anything else worth gemming to round things out.

I gave up on my next level when steam threw too many time delays in my face when th cards would expire. Hell I switched on the mobile thing and all but I still had to wait. So irritating.

Gemming cards isn't even worth it. You're practically giving away money for far less gems the same amount of cash would just straight up buy.

This trade hold, even with mobile verification, is damned annoying.

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    So yeah, Gremlins Inc. I've only played the training, and I think I get it but there's just so much going on in the game. Your cards are constantly switching because you have to use them to move, but also you want to keep certain ones so you have a goal to get gold/industry, but then opponents are switching your cards around and constantly sending you to jail, but then there's an election after some set amount of time that makes someone Gremlin Governor so they don't pay bribes or taxes, and then.... like AGH! The devs need a better tutorial that isn't text box after text box.

Pros:
    Neat Indie Board Game
    Cool Art
    Funny text and mechanics
    Single player challenges
    Online Multiplayer

Cons:
    SO many PvPvE interactions it's confusing
    Tutorial needs work
    Currently feels like less strategy, more RNG
    Little direction in terms of goals besides "Get Industry in any way possible"
    Edit - No save in single player challenges >_>

I'm gonna give it a couple more games before I pass on it to the next game, but Armello still takes the cake as far as digital board games go IMO. If you like board games then give it a shot, if not you're probably not missing anything. Thanks again to @Petesalzl for the gift!

see and i was thinking it was less rng than armello. there certainly is a bunch of randomness in what cards you get and what happens to you that another player plays against you, but once i got playing a few times there is a real strategy to it, more of a do i put all my eggs in one card with a big payout and hope i can do it, or do i just roll with whatever card is the closest and do one card at a time as they come. the big payouts are a huge deal, but odds are something will mess up your plans before you can pull it off.

i agree armello is still my favorite, but this is a nice change. also my bigest complaint is i dont know what is going on half the time and the computer goes way to fast with too little information to follow. so i played a few games against real humans and that is 10x better. and this can be played with 2-6 people compaired to armellos 4 player limitation (well 2-4 if you use bots to fill in the missing players for 2-3).

also it is still early access, so they did mentioni plans to improve the tutorial, must have had a lot of people complain about it. so i say one to keep an eye on.

• Options
    ElderPaoElderPao Registered User regular
    Since my only "gaming" machine was an low-end MacBook for years, I made it through the sales without getting much. I don't have that excuse anymore, so I picked up a number of things I had on my wishlist for a while... and I think I've developed a problem...

This is a support group for things like that, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElderPao wrote: »
    Since my only "gaming" machine was an low-end MacBook for years, I made it through the sales without getting much. I don't have that excuse anymore, so I picked up a number of things I had on my wishlist for a while... and I think I've developed a problem...

We're Enablers Anonymous, not to be confused with a support group.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Firebird wrote: »

Uh huh....go on.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Yeah. we support your decision in buying more games.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

We're generally very supportive, but not equally so for all outcomes a patient person might desire.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    The winter sale may be over, but this is my Game of the Year 2015, and entirely too many of you have it wishlisted. Enter! Win! Play!

signature.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »

Gemming cards isn't even worth it. You're practically giving away money for far less gems the same amount of cash would just straight up buy.

This trade hold, even with mobile verification, is damned annoying.

Yea, I did the gem thing a few times when it was added and not since. I'll either sell the cards outright or trade them. My preference is trading. I'm part of the Steam Card Trading Group which is...middling. It at least gives me people focused on trading cards, but staring at scrolling chat advertising bad deals gets old sometimes. But it's just frustrating having these time hurdles because random internet folks give no gooses.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    gg Steam sale 2015.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @RoyceSraphim

Re: Fallen Enchantress:

Do you have Legendary Heroes?

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Oh wait that's annoying the cards just poof after 1:00pm? Blah! Whatever.

Ugh, the whole trading card... thing... just needs an overhaul. Hell, I've got ~$30 in there but damned if I'm spending the 2 hours it would take to individually list all those $0.05 cards.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

We're generally very supportive, but not equally so for all outcomes a patient person might desire.

Yeah, I went from 4 games to 186 in less than 9 months. This thread is only conducive to building a massive backlog. And sometimes it's forced upon you, eh, @Sir Carcass ?

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Congrats to @Jaunty for winning Guacamellee!!!

signature.png

Sent you a friend invite on steam so I can gift it to you. Let me know when you accept and I'll send it asap.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Something something Weeklong Deals post.

Hero of the Kingdom II - sequel to the first, more of the same, still entertaining. I think this is the lowest price this has ever been. Hidden object, commerce simulator, point and click adventure, open world RPG.
    I, Zombie - absolutely worth 50 cents. Lowest price this has ever been. You play as a zombie to create a horde of other zombies who obey your orders and convert everyone on each level to zombies. Fun little puzzle game.
    AaaaAaAa Reckless Disregard of Gravity - basejumping game, it's fun, I'm pretty sure price has been lower before, and I've described this game like 10 times now.
    Canyon Capers - mobile port collect-a-thon platformer. Honestly not very good. There's some enjoyment to be head, but the bar for progress in later levels made me eventually drop this. DLC has to do with World Cup and deserves a specific acknowledgement for taking the same game and changing it fundamentally by adding a soccer ball to kick. I found it a refreshing change of pace and surprisingly entertaining (if difficult).

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    I've re-installed SWTOR because allegedly, Knights of the Fallen Empire is basically KOTOR3. We'll see how that works out.

so i sort of feel like swtor is 8 kotor games, 9 if you count the new fallen empire stuff (which isnt finished quite yet because they are releasing it in chapters). i know some people really didnt like it, but im not sure why. if you really want to play it like an rpg and ignore the mmo stuff you can. and right now they have the xp set up that if you start a character and only do the main story missions (which are now signified with a purple quest icon to differentiate them from side quests) you will get enough xp to level up all the way thru so side quests become optional. and similar to the kotor games its semi linear, but you can still go to any planet you want to once you get a ship for your character, and here and there throughout the story you get options for which planet you want to go to first. and since there are 8 classes, 4 republic/4 empire each with their own unique story from level 1-50, it plays like 8 different albeit similar games.

the cons being that there are of course mmo things like world chat, other players, and respawning groups of enemies which sometimes does feel like its a bit much. i still think its a really well done game. the first two expansions were a big let down, but still fun and i am interested in seeing how the fallen empire story plays out.

This discussion has been closed.