As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Pax Arcadia; Vexillum Ferri; Pugilem, Veneficus, Venator.

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    So, I have a question about the gunsmith guns. I'm only rank 3 thus far. Should I wait until I'm a higher level before I place any orders for anything?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • ben_botben_bot Registered User regular
    Played Crimson Doubles for a bit last night with a friend. We did horrible. It's the first time I've played the elimination game type, so maybe we were just inexperienced. But every round we were getting wrecked. Best we managed was 2 wins. But even then it was just because of using our supers or getting some lucky shots in. Maybe I'm just not good at this competitive mode. Usually I do okay in crucible, but this was like a punch in the stomach.

PSN: ben_bot
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    So, I have a question about the gunsmith guns. I'm only rank 3 thus far. Should I wait until I'm a higher level before I place any orders for anything?

No I think rank 3 gives you access to all three rolls each week so you should pick some up

PSN- AHermano
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular

No, unless I'm mistaken, at rank 3 it opens up all 3 possible rolls. All the gunsmith weapons roll at 280 light. It is worth it to keep going until rank 5, there might be cool things up ahead!

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    ben_bot wrote: »
    Played Crimson Doubles for a bit last night with a friend. We did horrible. It's the first time I've played the elimination game type, so maybe we were just inexperienced. But every round we were getting wrecked. Best we managed was 2 wins. But even then it was just because of using our supers or getting some lucky shots in. Maybe I'm just not good at this competitive mode. Usually I do okay in crucible, but this was like a punch in the stomach.

Elimination games are very different to what you find in Crucible; for instance, I'm far more aggressive in something like Control, but when it comes to something Trials, I normally end up changing spec (from Void to Sun) and thus play very differently.

I'd honestly tell you not to get despondent with how things went if this was the first time you and your friend were playing an elimination type game. You'll get much better the more games you play.

PSN Fleety2009
    edited February 2016
    ben_bot wrote: »

There's also a pretty big difference between 6v6 modes and the 2v2 mode. You can get wiped up pretty quickly by 2 good players that are used to playing together in those settings. I played with one of my Trials partner and it took us some time to adapt to the 2v2 mode too. You also need to factor in getting used to not starting with special ammo.

It's a hard sell to suffer through the learning curve. I remember when I started Trials and I was getting absolutely wrecked. I still feel like I'm very meeeh at it with around 400 games of it played!

Celian on
    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh hey, the Grimoire card for Crimson Days is pretty cool.

• cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Oh hey, the Grimoire card for Crimson Days is pretty cool.

"I got shot with thorn then killed myself."

j/k I saw the real one and wish they'd put what it describes in the game...

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    edited February 2016
    So, PS4 folks, were we still a go for raiding tonight?

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    I think we got at least 5 yes's in the chat.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Grimoire card for Crimson Doubles itself should be a gametype/next version of Prison of Elders.

Increasing waves of baddies that you have to fight back to back against, constantly reviving your fallen partner while wreathed in glowing red light? Yes Please

Doubles is a grand time, and makes me actually want to win the matches to get grimoire rank. The reward structure is dumb and should have been like Iron Banner, but few things compare to my partner dropping, me becoming a Guardian-With-Nothing-Left-To-Lose and surviving rocket spam to down my opponents with my Iron Wreath with the power of love.

I know the team is dealing the encroaching peril of Destiny 2 and Destiny 1 implosion, but things like this make me retain hope.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Maybe the semi big stuff Bungie has announced is also thematic, supposed to drop in the Spring, that could be Easter?

"The Easter Bunny is back to get his fluffy paws on the Traveler, you must stop him Guardian!"

(By killing other guardians in PvP!)

Sirialis wrote: »
    Maybe the semi big stuff Bungie has announced is also thematic, supposed to drop in the Spring, that could be Easter?

"The Easter Bunny is back to get his fluffy paws on the Traveler, you must stop him Guardian!"

"First he came for Jesus, now he comes for your light!"

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

A brand new PVE event released for easter!....Open world PVP!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Christ imagine how simultaneously terrible and interesting that would be.

I'm picturing people tagging themselves for participation in it, and the open world connections preferring putting those people in the same space.

Guardians hidden in sniper spots along strike routes, shotgunners running the halls of the dreadnaught...

Dys on
  • heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    That is what I wanted Destiny to be....

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Man, what if you could be a strike boss or something for a group? Get super powered up through absorbing some Taken energy, and we could say we're safely dispelling it via a training exercise against other guardians.

Actually, that sounds like it could be a RAD crucible mode.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Man, what if you could be a strike boss or something for a group? Get super powered up through absorbing some Taken energy, and we could say we're safely dispelling it via a training exercise against other guardians.

Actually, that sounds like it could be a RAD crucible mode.

Juggernaut was fun in Reach

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    edited February 2016
    The Division apparently runs on dedicated servers, so both EA (Battlefield 4 also has dedicated servers) and Ubisoft are not opposed to using Dedicated Servers.

How unlucky that Bungie decided to partner up with fucking Activision, who even has their huge flagship series Call of Duty run on tech thats nearly a decade old.

Sirialis on
  • Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    I wonder if a German Dodge Ball game mode would be fun. For those who don't know the rules; when you have hit someone with the ball they are out, if you get hit with the ball, everyone you knocked out gets back up, the winner is the guy that manages to knock out everyone. I loved it as a kid and feel like it would work since the game is fast paced. You wouldn't be out for long. They could even put a marker on the guy in the lead so he can't hide.

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Seen on google news just now, "Bungie's Destiny Is so Boring That Players Are Committing Suicide to Farm Loot". I can only imagine every single person involved with The Division are just smiling from ear to ear and sending flowers to bungie.

EDIT: to be fair, it's a shitty article title; if players can be crummy and shortcut to loot some of them will, regardless of the game being fun or not.

Nosf on
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Seen on google news just now, "Bungie's Destiny Is so Boring That Players Are Committing Suicide to Farm Loot". I can only imagine every single person involved with The Division are just smiling from ear to ear and sending flowers to bungie.

There's also this gem on the reddit front page today:
    Level 40 Using Only The Starting Mission, A Guardian Rises.

From the thread:
    Lv2-40 (15 sec GIFV/WEBM)

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
    Honestly, while I'm looking forward to trying out the Division, it's already had multiple flaws, quirks and season pass shenanigans that have been pointed out about it. It's not going to be this perfect gem of a game.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    As with any major co-op/multiplayer experience, it all comes down to who I play with . Since most of the people I still Destiny with as well as other friends are getting it, I'm good. I'm hoping they took into account the mistakes of others before them.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
    edited February 2016
    Celian wrote: »
    Honestly, while I'm looking forward to trying out the Division, it's already had multiple flaws, quirks and season pass shenanigans that have been pointed out about it. It's not going to be this perfect gem of a game.

Of course its not, its just going to be a fun game for a couple of weeks, maybe more.

Even though I bitch alot about Destiny, its mainly because I caught a glimpse of the amazing things that could be possible with the remarkable gunplay and this whole refined MMO lite idea and grow frustrated when Bungie seemingly keep making every possible mistake they can with their MMO lite environment and their general PR is a repeated trainwreck.

For the hardcore fans, the worst faults of an object of obsession stand out a lot more.

Sirialis on
    Erevar wrote: »

From the thread:

I was expecting to see some major exploit. I ended up seeing the most difficult way to reach level 40 in around 100 hours. Thanks for sharing that post!

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So, PS4 folks, were we still a go for raiding tonight?
    cncaudata wrote: »
    I think we got at least 5 yes's in the chat.

@Gonmun @cncaudata
    Yes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIo6qwJarI

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016

From the thread:

(dammit I was gonna post that)
    Here's the video recap:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N67IjZfGyHc

Crippl3 on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

From the thread:
    Jesus, before I read the thing I figured it'd be that you're scripted to level up at certain points in that mission and the guy exploited that, not hours of grinding. That's insane.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

You used to hit me on my Xbox
    Late night when you want to raid
    Hit me on my Xbox
    Late night when you want to raid
    And I know when that Warlock blink
    That can only mean one thing

@patrkslayzy23

Winner. :whistle:

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
    Announced in Activision's 4th quarter investor call going on right now.
    Here's the powerpoint, go to slide 9:
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ACTI/1387358198x0x874781/F869E9F3-B6E5-4BCC-8F9A-115A397B0F11/Q4_2015_ATVI_Slides.pdf

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So the disappointing news is (and has been, at least in rumor) that we aren't getting Destiny 2 this year, as we'd expected. And that stinks.

But I'm glad to hear there's a large expansion (hopefully, TTK-sized or larger) coming this year. Pax Arcadia will prepare accordingly.

Edit: Also, let's be honest. If they needed more time to make Destiny 2 a much better product, then I'm glad they're taking that time, rather than rushing something out the door to make Actiblizzion happy.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    edited February 2016
    Weekly Update This Week at Bungie
    This week at Bungie Crimson Doubles is in full swing, but that’s not the only dance afoot.

Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017.

As work wraps up in the weeks ahead, look for more details about the Spring content, as well as more information about our bigger projects in the months that follow.

Thanks for your patience, and thanks for playing.

Also:

Crippl3 on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yea, that expansion isn't gonna hit before the big fall season.

Which frankly means it's gonna be launching to a empty desolation of a player base if that's all that's coming between now and then.

I hope "Significant Light Increase" is actually code for "Making all the previous content work again" and even then, I don't see that getting many people back in to do the same stuff again.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    This week at Bungie Crimson Doubles is in full swing, but that’s not the only dance afoot.

Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017.

As work wraps up in the weeks ahead, look for more details about the Spring content, as well as more information about our bigger projects in the months that follow.

Also:

This stood out to me:
    Bungie wrote:

PoE redux?
    VoG/CE redux?
    New raid?

I'm not getting hyped at all (new gear with no new space = blargh), but I'll be very interested to see what they have in store for us 2 - 5 months down the road.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Oh goody...more Light.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Also:

This stood out to me:
    Bungie wrote:

PoE redux?
    VoG/CE redux?
    New raid?

I'm not getting hyped at all (new gear with no new space = blargh), but I'll be very interested to see what they have in store for us 2 - 5 months down the road.

Yeah I didn't see anything about new pve content, just more gear and "challenge" Hopefully this is not a paid content update?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2016
    Finally hit Omnigul on the Weekly Heroic (Why cant I just pick the fucking strike I want?) and got a fucking AFK'er, because fuck you thats why, decided to give it a go against my usual policy (which is fuck AFK'ers by any means possible)

Other guy was decently competent and we 2 manned to Omnigul without much fuss, when Omnigul was at 30% the AFK'er starts moving, I dont like the idea of him leeching and spend heavy ammo, stormtrance everything etc.

Omnigul dies a little time before that assholes makes it to the room, I used my Sunsinger solely for the reason that we didnt wipe and "brought" the AFK'er forward through the strike, changed to Stormcaller later though.

Got a use out of my new "Nope" emote, reported him for being a pissant, both to Microsoft and Bungie, because seriously fuck that guy.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sirialis/video/14701002

2iloot3.png

... I didnt get any Omnigul specific drops, but wasting an AFK'ers time is alright in my book.

Sirialis on