As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Pax Arcadia; Vexillum Ferri; Pugilem, Veneficus, Venator.

• BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Got a 320 and a 319 primary off of rank 5 packages! Still got my Titan to go.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
    Unicron80rndmheroCorporal CarlKhraulDajoran
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    ended up with some 311 boots, which was a one point upgrade i guess. and i did want some IB boots, so it saves me infusing some up

• BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    How crucial is the stability perk for the Infant Baby auto rifle? I got one to drop at 299 light with crowd control and grenadier, it would be luffly if I didn't have to go buy the other one from Saladin. This one is pretty much on par with my paleocontact, it's slightly better on TTK, just doesn't have third eye

PSN: thewheelz
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    What do the little white icons mean at the top right of item icons?

It indicates which items are Taken King, or year 2 items

Ah cool, thanks. Is there also a recommended light level to start the Taken King missions? The first once has shown up now.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Bubs wrote: »
    How crucial is the stability perk for the Infant Baby auto rifle? I got one to drop at 299 light with crowd control and grenadier, it would be luffly if I didn't have to go buy the other one from Saladin. This one is pretty much on par with my paleocontact, it's slightly better on TTK, just doesn't have third eye

Depends on what you value in your weapons. For me I tend to value stability above most everything else. In particular with ARs. Play around with it, if it works for you go with it. If you need a little more consider the vendor version.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    What do the little white icons mean at the top right of item icons?

It indicates which items are Taken King, or year 2 items

Ah cool, thanks. Is there also a recommended light level to start the Taken King missions? The first once has shown up now.

Not sure, but the launch screen will have the recommended light level. I know the focused light item makes people lvl 25 so they can do taken king so I think it's around that.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Got a 319 machine gun from IB rank 5 and a 310 ghost (beating my 289). Sitting at a pretty sweer 303-305 light spot!

My helm is 297 and arms are 296, desperately want that wear priest helmet though. It like a dinosaur god thingy and its dope

I always found it really silly that the Warpriest doesnt drop his own helmet, I bet he was supposed to at one point at least.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    At some point I really need to do the raid to complete that quest and get that other achievement...

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    MrMiscreant
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    In case anyone wants to rock out some iconic bantering, @Corporal Carl and I are rocking out right now.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I'm hopping on now too for a little bit of Illmatic Beatboxing

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    jjae2123Local H JayTofystedeth
    Here's hoping between tonight and tomorrow night I get a 320 ghost shell and a Hebridean thoughtcrime. I have only seen one thoughtcrime drop in all my matches and I have played a LOT of matches.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so I just spent about thirty minutes pissing off a pair of randos while I repeatedly failed to make the jump to get the phogoth ghost

they were tea bagging my corpse pretty fiercely by the time I gave up

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    IncenjucarCorporal CarlElementWrathFawst
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I did get the easier one that's in there at least

• Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Here's hoping between tonight and tomorrow night I get a 320 ghost shell and a Hebridean thoughtcrime. I have only seen one thoughtcrime drop in all my matches and I have played a LOT of matches.

So when I got my magic schoolbus, it didn't show on the rewards screen. I must have gotten a blue engram and a mote of might. It was in my mail.

Just saying it may be dropping very slightly more often than perceived.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
    Unicron80 wrote: »

So when I got my magic schoolbus, it didn't show on the rewards screen. I must have gotten a blue engram and a mote of might. It was in my mail.

Yeah, if you actually get a loot roll that has 3 or more items it only shows the first two. But I think we all know I'm not that lucky :?

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Yeah, I got the school bus yesterday, apparently. My warlock has it now and they only played with the full PA crew so I doubt it would have gone unmentioned.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

Yeah, I got the school bus yesterday, apparently. My warlock has it now and they only played with the full PA crew so I doubt it would have gone unmentioned.

heh. heh. heh.

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Did some duo-Bannering with @Khraul and then he got rank 5 and suddenly we had a team of 5 or 6 PAers, so yeah, 't was a fine evening :biggrin:

No PS4 exclusives or new ship (yet), but I have a warlock with 6 completed dailies for next IB, a hunter with 2 completed weeklies and 3 completed dailies and a titan with 1 weekly and 3 dailies.

So yeah, next IB will get a nice boost at the start :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    ChanusKhraul
    yeah, my hunter only needed to turn in two weeklies to get to 5 so i just kept the one with top score complete but not turned in

i always end up able to complete that one but i'm always convinced i won't be able to so :P

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ok Destiny newb question. Am I setting myself up for failure if I like using Auto Rifles? I'm still only at 228 light but I really dislike the other weapon types :(

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Rank 5 Ichor Bandwagon Get and 300 (303) light get!

Also picked up:
    310 and 313 shells with different extractors
    280 Haakon's Hatchet
    290 Thunderlord
    290 Bad Juju
    310 Monte Carlo
    307 and 310 Titan Helms

Thanks everyone for the matches today and big thanks to @Corporal Carl who slogged through almost three hours of Interesting Bonanza with me!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    ChanusCorporal Carl
    I have 1 relic iron across all three of my characters. XD

ChanusDyvim Tvar
    Ok Destiny newb question. Am I setting myself up for failure if I like using Auto Rifles? I'm still only at 228 light but I really dislike the other weapon types :(

auto rifles are pretty decent at the moment

plus there are some super fun exotics like zhalo's supercell

but really just play with whichever type of gun you prefer and you'll be fine

they all have their pros and cons

so i just rewatched the phogoth ghost video not on my phone and i wasn't even jumping to the right spot

so that was at least part of the problem

ArteenDyvim Tvar
    Chanus wrote: »

Another exotic auto I like for pvp is tue Monte Carlo. In terms of legendaries the Arminius D from the gunsmith is nice with stability and range perks as well.

ChanusMrMiscreant
    Boozer wrote: »

Another exotic auto I like for pvp is tue Monte Carlo. In terms of legendaries the Arminius D from the gunsmith is nice with stability and range perks as well.

oh yeah monte carlo is good times

and also zhalo's is not that great in pvp but super fun in pve

Boozer
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I assume that the general wisdom for PVP is that your exotic should be your primary?

GMaster7
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    My Titan got the Thoughtcrime ship last night.

On a match in which I had a 0.35 k/d. Go figure.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    ChanusCorporal Carl
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I assume that the general wisdom for PVP is that your exotic should be your primary?

not necessarily, some of the heavy exotics are pretty decent for pvp like thunderlord (which is basically a scout rifle that does machine gun damaged) and some of the shotguns like invective and 4th horseman at least were good before the nerf

i heard the thunk thunk of 4th horseman a bit this week, so maybe they are still decent

though mostly, yeah, your primary will usually be your exotic just because several of the exotic primaries are good to use

MrMiscreant
    Bursar wrote: »
    My Titan got the Thoughtcrime ship last night.

On a match in which I had a 0.35 k/d. Go figure.

i uh

i wouldn't say that too loudly :P

edited January 2016
    Now I remember why I hated Iron Banner.

Queue up - vs 6 man team, score is 8k - 19k, now repeat this fucking scenario 4 times in a row.

Bungie fix your fucking garbage matchmaking system, I cant win matches that were already lost 5 minutes ago, so much for an event that focuses on wins.

This shit seriously pisses me off, doubt I'll ever enter an Iron Banner again if I'm not in a 6 man group, because fuck playing this garbage.

Sirialis on
    Chanus
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Now I remember why I hated Iron Banner.

Queue up - vs 6 man team, score is 8k - 19k, now repeat this fucking scenario 4 times in a row.

Bungie fix your fucking garbage matchmaking, I cant win matches already lost you fucking asshats, so much for an event that focuses on wins.

i swear i had at least ten in a row that were either already blowouts or i started with four people on my team and six on the other team

edited January 2016
    Best (Worst) IB was one where I was on a Team... Alone.

Other Team had 6 people (not in a group together)... I mean how can you even fuck up a matchmaking system this much?

Just queue'd up again.. Randoms against 6 man team.

Sirialis on
    Chanus
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Other Team had 6 people (not in a group together)... I mean how can you even fuck up a matchmaking system this much?

It doesn't swap people mid game. The easy answer is that a group of five were on your team and quit out while the match was setting up but after it set teams.

Like, that's not exactly a difficult scenario to figure out.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited January 2016
    1-2 on the night, but Rank 5 intermission for the titan...

Both losses came from matches that played to full time, with deficits within 1000 points. :-1:

For popping rank 5 on my Titan I received 317 light greaves. don't know the particulars as it was sent to my postmaster, and I had to fly out to the tower to get them to show up to begin with.

And now to continue the cycle of gear that hasn't been fully leveled up, I've switched to my warlock! Woo hoo.

I think the biggest quality of life improvement would be for them to make Armor Mats and Weapon Parts shared between all characters. But they'd probably ruin it by setting a cap of 200 each or something aggravating. I'd settle for letting us buy Armor Materials like Weapon Parts as well.

tastydonuts on
    Dyvim Tvar
    Incenjucar wrote: »

not necessarily, some of the heavy exotics are pretty decent for pvp like thunderlord (which is basically a scout rifle that does machine gun damaged) and some of the shotguns like invective and 4th horseman at least were good before the nerf

i heard the thunk thunk of 4th horseman a bit this week, so maybe they are still decent

though mostly, yeah, your primary will usually be your exotic just because several of the exotic primaries are good to use

I would say it depends on your preferred primary type.

For hand cannons and scouts the last word and mida are definitely a cut above any legendary counterparts. For pulses and autos I think the legendaries are more competitive. For those I still like the hawksaw/pdx 45 and the arminius d respectively. Which is nice because it frees up the heavy slot for Truth. Sadly none in of the suros launchers have good ammo so truth is a nice exotics pick

edited January 2016

It doesn't swap people mid game. The easy answer is that a group of five were on your team and quit out while the match was setting up but after it set teams.

When you are theorizing and treating that as fact, its very easy to cut down other peoples arguments? There wasnt any 5 man teams here though, all single randoms.

Won against that 6 man team just now at least, finally done with this shit, just turn in bounties tomorrow and done.

Sirialis on

I see you know more about this match than I do?

There wasnt any 5 man team here though, all single randoms.

i think he means you might have been paired with a 5-man team that left the match between it hitting 12/12 and it actually starting, leaving you alone against the other six people

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    In general Destiny is really hard core about pushing fire teams. Much of the game is built around solo denial. The fact that there are bounties that require a team despite having nothing to do with teams is a vibrant example.

not saying it isn't dumb that is allowed to happen

squall99x