As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Pax Arcadia; Vexillum Ferri; Pugilem, Veneficus, Venator.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Lol what is this talk about the Legacy Special Engram being bugged NOW? That shit was bugged from the start. Even now, I'm at like under 20 strange coins because of the expenses I took on getting that fucking Fourth Horseman to drop.

Regarding Year 1 loot, I saved one of all the Raid Armor and guns I got. Every time I get a Year 2 version of an Exotic, I delete the Year one, but not until then. So my guns and armor are like 75% full all the time.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Chanus wrote: »

the stag is okay and looks cool

Disagree on both points.

Also, The Ram is superior in every way.

Sirialis on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    How does the Stag work with self-res and trials? It seems like it is aimed squarely in that direction.

edited February 2016
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    How does the Stag work with self-res and trials? It seems like it is aimed squarely in that direction.

The overshield is only a chance to proc so its not even a certain thing (most people theorize that the chance is less than 10%), the added super recharge rate (That only activates when you are the last surviving member of your fireteam)
    is so miniscule that the people who tested it, are actually uncertain if it has any effect at all.

In short? Forgettable trash that shouldnt exist. (I loved seeing enemies in Trials use The Stag, because that meant that they werent using any of the good Warlock Exotics)

Light Beyond Nemesis and The Ram is a million times better for Trials and anything else really.

Sirialis on
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Also the stag is the stupidest looking thing in the game. Other than the wolf cloak with a racing helmet.

Got in some games last night with @squall99x when no one else was man enough to do trials with us. We were talking about how doing one mode for a long time does weird things to you. This is my progress in Rift before and during the Iron Banner week - I am glad to see I didn't make up the fact that I feel like I figured it out:

9azH9Vp.gif

I am now almost as good at an actual PvP mode as I was at SRL! On the other hand every other mode is pretty flat.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Dang it, you guys talking about trials loot has me wanting to try it.

I haven't tried it at all yet, but I am really wanting a good PvP primary.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Yo the stag looks baller as fuck, let's not go besmirching it's appearance.
    However Ram and LBN also look baller so it doesn't even get to be best Warlock hat in the swag stakes either. Poor Stag, forever scrub tier.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • BookerBooker Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting for a DIS-47 work order at the gunsmith, but he does have the DIS-43 available right now, it would make a good workhorse scout for you next week.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Booker wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for a DIS-47 work order at the gunsmith, but he does have the DIS-43 available right now, it would make a good workhorse scout for you next week.

I've got full auto versions of both. I use my DIS-43 all the time. It's nice and stable.

I mean I have the vendor version of colovance from that last iron banner, but unless I'm hitting headshots with it, it is very slow to kill.

A good pulse rifle or a really stable auto rifle might be my ideal jam.

Can anybody recommend headsets for the xbone? My pack in set broke and I don't really want to grab another one of those because I'm unconvinced by the build quality (especially for the price of them).
    Ideally ones that come with an adaptor for that stupid gen 1 pad connector since there's no way I'm either buying one of those myself or buying a new pad.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend headsets for the xbone? My pack in set broke and I don't really want to grab another one of those because I'm unconvinced by the build quality (especially for the price of them).
    Ideally ones that come with an adaptor for that stupid gen 1 pad connector since there's no way I'm either buying one of those myself or buying a new pad.

If you don't need wireless I have found the Polk Audio Strikers to be really good AND really cheap. I got mine for around $35. Polygon rated them as having better overall sound quality than some that are 3-4 x as much. The price seems to have gone up (back up?) to 70ish but you might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere. Polk Audio Strikers

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    turtle beach 420 weedlord something or other are what I have

the sound quality is pretty good but they feel kinda cheap. haven't had any durability issues though, they just feel lower quality than the ones I have for my ps4

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Anyone up for some morning/afternoon trials on the Xbone? I'm getting on in about 15 minutes.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Anyone up for some morning/afternoon trials on the Xbone? I'm getting on in about 15 minutes.

I would do, but I am going to work in a bit. Good luck, tho!

edited February 2016

Personally, I think The Stag looks like The Rams distantly related, redneck cousin.

Sirialis on
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I'm up for Trials today.

Anyone?

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

Personally, I think The Stag looks like The Rams distantly related, redneck cousin.

It looks like a bunny head from a distance.

edited February 2016
    Incenjucar wrote: »

It looks like a bunny head from a distance.

4qp10ma3lwx5.jpg

Sirialis on
    I'm up for Trials today.

Anyone?

I'm still on and able to play. We need a third though

I'm up for Trials today.

Anyone?

I'm still on and able to play. We need a third though

I'm on playing Dragon Age. Just shoot me an invite if you want to run again.

Arteen wrote: »
    I'm up for Trials today.

Anyone?
    im still on and able to play. We need a third though

@ElementWrath or anyone else wanna get in on this?

ToM get.
    Was really easy once I remembered I had taken scorched earth off my hammer bro for some reason.

Arteen wrote: »
    I'm up for Trials today.

Anyone?
    im still on and able to play. We need a third though

@ElementWrath or anyone else wanna get in on this?

Whoops! Got distracted, coming!

Anybody on xbox for the nightfall?

First foray into Trials in Year 2. Got my gold packages done on all three characters.

Ghost, artifact, artifact.

Is that normal or did I get screwed? I was expecting guns and armor...

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    "That's [Destiny], baby!"

But yeah, it seems the Shax Weeklies, Nightfall, and Trials Gold Packages all use a similar reward table that predominantly yields Ghosts and socks full of coal.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Sure, that sounds...
    First foray into Trials in Year 2. Got my gold packages done on all three characters.

... actually on second thought, I think I have plenty of ghostshells

I'm curious though, can you still get one of those legendary Sparrows or an emote as a drop?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL

Sure, that sounds...

... actually on second thought, I think I have plenty of ghostshells

I'm curious though, can you still get one of those legendary Sparrows or an emote as a drop?

Yup!

I got the Arc sparrow two weeks ago, and I was really wanting to get it during the event. Super happy to get it now.

edited February 2016
    I want that Arc Sparrow...

I want all the Lightning themed items for my Stormcaller.

Maybe I should run Nightfalls again.

Sirialis on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Well dang, now you've got me wanting to test my luck

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited February 2016
    I'll run Nightfall after dinner. Still want to Trials it up too.

ElementWrath on
    But you live in the Twillight Zone... The Land that is 7 hours behind the real world.

Everybody just move to Europe.

• BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I'm logging on now.

edit: rather than moving to Europe.

Booker on
    But you live in the Twillight Zone... The Land that is 7 hours behind the real world.

Little does he know that his crazy frozen meatball country is actually inferior to the EST Master Race.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I am headed home from work if any Trials is still going on, should be about 30 mins

Had some fun in Trials with @ObiFett earlier. This happened, and it was cool.
    destiny_171_zpsl3b9whyy.png

• KisidanKisidan Registered User regular
    Okay so... on an impulse, I bought a PS4 last week so I could play Disgaea 5 (which is great and I love it)

And I happened to pick up Destiny too because I've been listening to the DLC podcast and Mike's enthusiasm for the game is infectious - I was really curious to see what it was like.

I'm looooving it!

I am super bad at games like this, but I'm having a total blast with the gameplay. The dialogue is totally dorky, but I had enough fun just in the tutorial that I decided I didn't want to use the 25 level free boost I got for coming in late. I do not regret this decision at all!

I've just hit 18 as my Hunter and I've switched over to the Bladedancer subclass. I'm rocking a really awesome scout rifle (for where I am in the game anyway) and it is just so much fun. I'm surprised I've heard so many bad things about it - maybe I'm just out of touch with what makes a 'good' shooter these days but this seems like everything good about Borderlands with a lot of the clumsier elements sanded off.

If this keeps up I might have to get myself a headset and actually jump into the team stuff!