Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PBP] FFG Star Wars: Echoes of the Force [IC/OOC]

1246713

Posts

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther

    With a violent start, Uther bolted upright in bed. Instantly awake and on alert for any danger. He hands reaching useless for a weapon. Moments later his memory snaps back and he remembers that he's a prisoner on an Imperial outpost and something...weird just happened.

    "What the kark was that?" he says, rubbing his temples and swatting away the droids appendances as DE-902 attended to him. All of a sudden, Uther remembers his prize! He frantically pats down his body, finding the lightsaber, and sighs in relief. He dares not draw it out now....but he had to make his move soon. There was no way he could keep this a secret from the guards forever. He looks around and takes stock, somewhat disappointed that the Inquisitor was still alive, but it was just another reason to make a move sooner rather than later.

    "No really....what was that? I remember the flash....and a face....and now we're here."


    Geth, roll 1eF for Destiny

    Destiny:
    1eF 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    The immediate issue I see with it is that I've seen destiny pools come up all dark right out of the gate. In fact, the dice are actually weighted in such a way that the dark side pips have more faces than the light side ones (7 to 5 I do believe). I like the idea of the all dark causing something bad to happen, but if that is implemented it should cause all of the tokens to flip back to Light Side. Uncouple the XP handout from it and it should be fine. I personally have no problem with XP being handed out during natural lulls in the story.

    The game actually works best when tokens are changing hands frequently.

    Seth

    The dreams had been both intense and immensely strange. People he didn't know, places he had never been, voices he had never heard all cycled through his mind in a sequence that upon waking left him with a headache the likes of which he'd never contested with.

    "Did anyone get the number of that bantha?" he said, and tried to rub his head but found his arms restrained. It was then his body alerted him to his biological needs, a desperate thirst rising up. "Water," he croaked. "I need water."

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    DE-902

    DE-902 sighted its optics on the various complaining life forms, pausing briefly on Prisoner 444927 ("Uther Cambrian" according to the local databank) to note the restraint failure. "Sloppy work," the droid grumbled. "Intolerable."

    "Stormtrooper Brandel, you were unconscious only briefly - I was not present at the incident - but you were sedated for forty two minutes and one second in order to properly assess whether head or neck damage had occurred. More urgently, one of the inmates was not properly secured to their treatment bed upon admission. Please retrieve your weapon and stun them senseless." DE-902 pointed towards P#444927/Uther as it picked up a cup and shuffled towards a treatment station to fill it with water. "Or perhaps Prisoner 444927 would be compliant and secure the binder cuff themselves? Imperial Protocol dictates that no captives, detainees, or prisoners be allowed unrestrained access to medical facilities." It modulated its voice to a tone considered jovial by human standards. "The punishment for those in violation would be considered unpleasant to most biological life forms."

    Provision in tow, the droid returned towards Prisoner 55111 ("Seth, File Sealed"), removed one of the bindings, and offered the cup. "Indicate when you are done, and I will re-secure you."

    jdarksun on
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Seth

    The old man rubbed at his beard and face for a moment before nodding and accepting the cup. "Thank you," he said, taking a small sip. He remembered his training--drink slowly. Pace yourself, give your body the chance to adjust. At the statement of 'unrestrained' and 'stun senseless' he looked at the young man, Uther. He hoped to defuse the situation before it got out of hand.

    "Awful brave thing you did," he said to the young trooper who the droid had addressed. Bucketheads all looked the same, but there was something in this one, something steely and solid, even if he was fighting for the wrong side. "No need to be going around hittin' folks with stun bolts I reckon, or worry much about restrainin'. We aren't going anywhere all a-tussled up like this, isn't that right son?" he said agreeably. "Seems like the Inquisitor is the one you ought be concerning yourself with as the highest ranked officer."

    I don't know if we're going to require rolls against fellow PCs, but I'm hoping I can get conspiratorial with Uther here and maybe convince our new droid pal to go tend to the Inquisitor.

    @Steelhawk if you want to play it that way I'm cool, if you want to make your move now I'll back your play! :D

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    On Arc's advice, we'll reset the Destiny pool and make it so that XP drops come from other triggers. Right now, you folks are going to need all the help you can get, anyway. Going full Dark Side is going to trigger something really, really bad.

    Post incoming.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    All

    From the far corner of the infirmary, a loud wail erupted from the still-supine form of Commander Buunross. His body, now clad only in the black thermal regulating undergarments that were standard issue for Stormtroopers, convulsed and seized, falling from the bed and onto the floor with a thump befitting such a large man.

    The wail erupted again, but this time there was a palpable rage behind it. Pushing himself from the floor, the Warrior stretched himself to full. With the eye that wasn't an open, bleeding wound, he scanned the room, taking in the scene. His half-gaze fell hard upon the last bed in the ward, filled with Uther's partially-upright form.

    "YOU" the voice came, gravelly and filled with two-tone wrath, "YOU SAW THIS". His fist raised threateningly, shaking, as he approached the bed. "THIS IS YOUR FAULT".

    Current Destiny Pool: 7 Light, 0 Dark

    We're not in combat yet, but it's definitely a possibility in the next few moments. If real fighting breaks out, we'll switch to initiative rounds. I'll let you know when/if that happens.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    "No, droid, I don't think I will not put my restraints back on." Awkwardly climbing out of the bed, Uther gets to his feet, as the load thump sounds from the other end of the room.

    He turns towards the Commander he begins to shout and hastily shakes off the last lingering straps of his restraints.

    "You know what, Bunross? I've had enough of you!" Now was as good a time as any! "How was any of that MY fault? I'm not the idiot who reached out a touched a strange glowing crystal-rock-machine-thing! You want to do this? Fine! Lets do this!"

    He reaches under his clothes and withdraws the ancient lightsaber from his hiding place. "Normally, you're gussied up in your armor and we're in restraints. Let's see how you like it when the odds are on my side for once!"

    Taking up a fighting stance, his old training coming back in a flood, he brandishes the weapon and presses the ignition switch...

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Uther

    The blade flickered to life with a snap-hiss, bathing the medical bay in it's odd silvery purple glow. Holding the weapon out at low guard, the space-swashbuckler extended his other hand, almost arrogantly motioning with his hand, curling his fingers back toward himself in a challenge.

    A series of sputtering snaps erupted from the ancient weapon's emitter, and the blade flickered erratically. Then it went out.

    Fool

    "YOU CHALLENGE ME WITH SUCH CARELESSNESS SISTER". The commander continued his advance. "YOUR LACK OF WILL IS YOUR END".

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    DE-902

    "Prisoner 444927, return to you bed," warned the droid. "You are escalating the situation." DE-902 turned to shouting Buunross, holding up his hands in a placating gesture. "Commander, the prisoners are well in hand. There is no cause for an escalation of hostilities. You are injured, and risk doing grievous injury to your ocular nerve. This will prevent me from properly installing an implant in the future. If you sit down, I will administer a sedative to Prisoner 444927 and confiscate the weapon."

    As the droid spoke, it ran a subroutine in the background evaluating Commander Buunross' speech patterns and behavior against the outpost's records of his service history and psychological reports. The damage was already done to the Commander's missing eye, but perhaps further damage to Imperial property could be avoided. There was also the irregularity of behavior that needed to be addressed; DE-902 made a note of it, and filed the report.
    > pull file.buunross.medical
    > echo 'Change of behavior indicates potential cranial trauma, perhaps rending the Commander unfit for duty. Evaluate and file report.' >> file.buunross.medical
    > push file.buunross.medical

    Difficulty is 2eD+2eS; one Setback die is removed due to DE-902's rank in Plausible Deniability.
    Geth, roll 2eP+2eD+1eS for DE-902's attempt to convince Commander Buunross that the situation is in hand and to stand down

    DE-902's attempt to convince Commander Buunross that the situation is in hand and to stand:
    2eP+2eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 threat [2eP=-, S/S] [2eD=Th, F/F] [1eS=-]

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Nuun

    Slowly blinking, Nuun began to wake from what felt like a long restless sleep
    Staring up at the bright infirmary lights he could hear some muffled shouting. He tried sitting up, but found himself restrained to the bed. Looking around to find the source of the shouting, he saw the Imperial commander wildly yelling at someone, probably that Uther fellow getting into more troub...A LIGHTSABER?!
    Nuun looked over just in time to see Uther fire up a purple lightsaber, a sudden hope of getting of this rock welling up inside him...then the bottom of that hope immediately dropping out as the lightsaber blade disappeared just as quickly at it had arrived.

    Seeing a medical droid, Nuun tried to ask for water as loudly as he could through dry lips, hoping that the droid had better hearing than he currently did.

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    All

    The hulking human half turned, glaring with his one good eye over his shoulder at the droid. "' SILENCE MACHINE" he growled, loudly enough that the air shook in the distance between them.
    Threat applied: Niner is now on the list of potential ass-kickees.

    "IS THAT ANOTHER OF HIS TOYS SISTER" the words spewed forth as though from a magma vent, "YOU FOOLISHLY ALIGN WITH HIM YET AGAIN".

    Faster than most eyes could follow, the Commander surged forward, grabbing a hold of Uther's shoulders. Another blurred movement sent him airborne, through the mesh curtains that marked the entrance to the infirmary.

    On the bed next to Nunn, the Inquisitor began to stir.
    Uther, give me a check at difficulty 3 to control your landing. Coordination probably makes the most sense, but I'm open to alternatives.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Time seems to stop as the lightsaber dies. Uther looks down at the flickering blade in disbelief as it shuts down. Inwardly, he sighs. Figures.

    He barely has a moment to comprehend the chaos around him. The droid was prattling on about something....the Commander was shouting about how weak his sister was....what is all that about? Wait...the dream? Wha- Uther almost caught the dream in his waking memory before being snapped back to the here and now as Bunross barreled into him, hurling him through the curtain!

    Uther lay flat out on the floor, willing his body to get back up. Thankfully, he still held onto the lightsaber

    Thanks for rolling with my lack of reading comprehension everyone! I completely missed that we were in restraints. I was in middle of posting my own reaction to Bunross in between work type things when the scene moved a bit ahead of me. Being flung out the door is what I get for not hitting "post" :) But that's OK, I think being thrown out a door/window might be fun. Its the landing you need to worry about.

    Speaking of...what about Athletics instead? Uther may not be the most agile guy out there in space, but he is kind of rough and tumble. Bouncing off walls and floors, taking the lump and powering through, seems more his thing rather than using agility to stay on his feet. In this case...letting Bunross take Uther through the curtain and down to the floor where Uther would then use his strength to get out from under and start swinging? I'll roll for it with Athletics to move the scene along, and if that not kosher we can roll again?

    Also, I am still excited to punch my jailor in the face.

    Geth, roll 3eA+1eP+3eD for Athletics

    Athletics:
    3eA+1eP+3eD 0 successes, 3 advantage [3eA=S/A, A/A, S] [1eP=A/A] [3eD=-, F/F, Th/Th]

    Steelhawk on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Uther
    Ok, 3 advantage means you get to keep ahold of the lightsaber. Zero successes puts you flat on your back in the hallway, on the other side of the curtain. You were hurled, not tackled. Sorry if that was unclear.

    All

    "Calm yourself, Brother" rolls the same thunderous voice from the vision, underlayed with Inquisitor Inkla's officious soprano. "Your rage is, as always, unhelpful." The Inquisitor paced easily around the gurney, her body moving gracefully in either ignorance or defiance of her many painful looking cuts and gashes from the explosion.

    "STAY AWAY FROM ME TRAITOR" roared Commander Buunross' commandeered throat, his posture shifting to antagonize this newcomer in the way that he had Uther moments before.

    "Of course, Brother," rolled the thunder again, sounding almost amused, "I was going to talk to our Siblings, anyway. " Her hand flipped out and the Commander, still several paces away, flipped along with it and out into the hallway past the curtain.

    "Now, then," the dual voice rolled again, "I suggest everyone simply take a moment to breathe." Inkla ambled to the corner opposite the curtain and picked something up from the collected debris of the incident site. After a moment of stillness, she turned back to the assembled, a smile spraying across her features. A snap-hiss sounded and the room turned orange.

    "This will go much more easily if you all cooperate."

    In the Force, four ancient voices cried out silently.

    Uther

    Before you could clear your head, a huge shape flies over you, landing heavily o.k. the floor behind you. A deep groan sounds from the impact zone.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Keo

    Keo felt like the world was speeding by him, and he could barely gather his thoughts to react.

    The roar of the Commander as he flew from the room and the sputtering hiss of a lightsaber igniting seemed to mingle together, but the orange light glaring in his eyes seemed to finally clear the sedative from his mind.

    "Sir, is everything alright?" Keo quietly inquires to the Inquisitor. "You took a nasty turn in there, and you should let the droid tend you. I'll get the prisoner back in restraints right away."

    The trooper glanced around the room, hoping to spot his rifle, the stun setting on it could become very useful in the next few moments.

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Keo

    A quick scan of the infirmary didn't reveal any rifles. However, Leo knew that in each room of the outpost there was a safe keyed to guard biometrics that held emergency stunners and zappers, along with electrorestraints. The infirmary had two such safes; one was directly behind the Inquisitor, the other was on the frame of the doorway that Uther and the Commander had flown through.

    "I assure you, Sister, that the situation is well inn hand."

    The light from the saber sparked and sputtered momentarily. A moment of concentration from Inkla steadied the beam.

    "However, if you are proposing to restrain our Siblings for me, that would be an unexpected delight."

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Edited my above post to flow along with the narrative better

    Uther

    Uther propped himself up on his elbows, turning to observe the form of Bunross now laid out on the floor behind him. Huh? Who did that?

    Scrambling to feet he gives the Lightsaber a good once over. Trying frantically to remember if any of his childhood lessons at the Temple included anything on Lightsaber maintenance. Out of ideas he gives it one good frown and two hard shakes, followed by wiping the emitter clean on his shirt. He had a feeling that he would need that weapon very soon.

    He hears the unmistakeable sound of another lightsaber igniting back in the recovery room. That couldn't be good. Uther had a bad feeling about this.

    He tries again to ignite his found blade...

    Steelhawk on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Uther

    Uther's attention was drawn, as though by as outside force, to the crystal within his new weapon.

    Focus, Fool
    To keep the saber operational, you're going to need to invest a Force die into it. Eventually, you could probably repair it given time and the requisite tools.

    Behind him, a dark voice growls, "GIVE ME THE BLADE SISTER I WILL DESTROY HIM".



    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo

    "Yes sir, I'll get the prisoner back in restraints right now."

    The trooper got himself to his feet and tried not to wobble too much while heading for the doorway.

    Gotta get a stunner and resolve this quick. Something is very wrong with the Inquisitor.

    He would hate to have to use it on a superior, but she needed medical attention right away and he had no idea how long her delusion would last.
    I have no idea how fast Keo could get a weapon from the safe, but if he gets a chance hes going to grab something, hopefully something ranged.

    Khildith on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Keo
    The safe should open immediately once you've scanned your prints. It's only a few steps away, on the other side of where Uther made his ill-gotten stand.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo

    Crossing to the doorway, Keo quickly scans his prints and opens the safe.

    The trooper wraps the thong of a stunner around his left wrist and grabs a zapper with his right hand, then turns looks into the hallway.

    "Prisoner-"

    For the first time noticing the alarm sounding ceaselessly, he stops.

    "Droid, what's going on? Where are the guards?"

    Khildith on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Keo
    For game purposes, we're going to treat the zapper as a Blaster Pistol locked on stun. The stunner is melee with +2 damage, a crit rating of 6, Disorient 2 that only does stun damage.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Just a heads up I'm about to head out for my table game so don't wait to post on my behalf.

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Nuun

    With all the chaos around the infirmary, Nuun was quickly losing hope that the worthless medical droid was ever going to get him any water.
    "Hey Seth, I don't know what all this is but I'm not too keen on being tied up while it goes down. A little help?" Jerking his restraints taught to emphasize his point.

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Keo, Nuun and Sett

    The klaxon continued to blare outside the infirmary, though any other activity was not immediately apparent.

    Inquisitor Inkla crossed to the bed holding Nuun, raising her lightsaber, her eyes flashing a reflective orange.

    "Well then," the voice rumbled through the small room, "I believe it is time to begin."

    Current Destiny Pool: 7 Light, 0 Dark

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Keo

    Keo turns back into the room, and hesitates.

    The Inquisitor is clearly not herself, and everyone else who outranks the Trooper is either down or acting crazy themselves.

    I don't have time to wait until back-up arrives. I just hope she doesn't remember this when she wakes.

    He lines the zapper up with the Inquisitor and squeezes off a shot.
    Okay so using a True Aim maneuver lets me gain the benefit of Aim (a boost die) along with upgrading an attack roll. I -think- this means I would roll 2 ability, 2 proficiency, and a boost die. I'm not sure exactly how that would translate with geth but I'm going to try. Should I post my actions and then let you tell me the opposing pool or should I roll my actions and let you roll the opposing pool and describe the result? For now I'll just roll my action and see how it goes.

    Geth roll 2eA+2eP+1eB for trying to save the Inquisitor from herself

    trying to save the Inquisitor from herself:
    2eA+2eP+1eB 2 successes, 3 advantage [2eA=A, A] [2eP=A, S/S] [1eB=-]

  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    As a side note @OptimusZed you've made me really torn. I honestly debated with myself for nearly a solid hour on what Keo should do in this situation, where everyone's lost their minds and he has to keep people from dying. That is effective turmoil you've given me already!

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo
    When in doubt, roll your dice and I'll catch up. That way everyone else can get an idea what you're doing if I don't catch up first.

    geth, roll 4eD for Inkla's defense

    Alright, that's two successes and one threat. I'll resolve that, if that's ok.

    The bolt from Keo's zapper impacted Inquisitor Inkla full in the chest, sending her limbs spasming. The saber arced down, barely missing the top of Nuun's smooth head, and instead impacting one of the struts supporting the bed, severing it. The bed, still containing the restrained Nuun, teetered and fell, smashing into the shins of the Inquisitor.

    Inkla's defense:
    4eD 0 successes, 4 threat [4eD=-, Th, Th, Th/Th]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    With one outstretched arm, still twitching from the stun blast, Inkla launched a wave of Force at the offending trooper. "It is time you learnt your place, Beast."

    Three unoccupied beds flipped into the air, slamming against the windows to the courtyard and opening up long cracks in them. Dust, debris and various medical instruments pelt Trooper Brandel, pinging off on his armor in a disconcerting but ultimately harmless show of Force. Thunderous waves of frustration buffet the room.

    At this point, I think it's appropriate that we put together an initiative track.
    geth, roll 2eP+1eA+2eD+3eF for a Force Slam

    a Force Slam:
    2eP+1eA+2eD+3eF 1 failure, 4 advantage, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side [2eP=S/A, A/A] [1eA=A/A] [2eD=Th, F/F] [3eF=LS/LS, DS, DS]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo

    "Inquisitor, I'm sorry to have to do this!"
    I assume Cool is fine for this?

    Geth roll 1eA+1eP for Cool Initiative

    Cool Initiative:
    1eA+1eP 2 successes, 1 advantage [1eA=A] [1eP=S/S]

    Khildith on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther turns back to Bunross, "Who are you talking to?!"

    Geth, roll 2eA+1eP for Cool

    Cool:
    2eA+1eP 1 success, 1 advantage [2eA=-, -] [1eP=S/A]

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    "I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS, SOMEONE GET ME OFF THIS THING!"

    Geth roll 1eP+1eA for Cool

    Cool:
    1eP+1eA 1 success, 1 advantage [1eP=S] [1eA=A]

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    DE-902

    "Inquisitor Inkla," the droid warned. "You have assaulted an officer of this Outpost. Your behavior has grown erratic, and your demeanor has changed dramatically. Stand down and submit to medical scans and a military inquiry. Stormtrooper Brandel," DE-902 continued, "please be aware that you may need to use force to receive compliance. I will attempt to alert internal security."
    Geth, roll 3eA for Cool Initiative

    Cool Initiative:
    3eA 1 success, 2 advantage [3eA=A/A, S, -]

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    I think it was probably more appropriate for me to roll Vigilance for this initiative since I wasn't exactly getting ready for a fight strapped to a bed? Should I reroll?
    Still figuring out all the rules myself, didn't realize at first that there were different possible initiative rolls depending on the situation. Too used to D&D!

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Steelhawk
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    The way I read it was that you roll vigilance when you're ambushed or surprised, and cool when you know a fight is coming beforehand. Its possible I misread it and cool only applies when you're ambushing or surprising someone yourself. My first time with this system too!

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Cool is when you expect violence; Vigilance is when you don't.

    Cool is winning the quick draw with Mad Twi'lek Magek. Vigilance is being ready when his posse ambushes you later.

    jdarksun on
    Steelhawk
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I definitely think Cool applies in this situation. If you didn't see violence coming in this case, you probably shouldn't have left the moisture farm.
    geth, roll 2eA for WARRIOR INITIATIVE

    geth, roll 2eP+1eA for Thunderer Initiative

    WARRIOR INITIATIVE:
    2eA 3 successes [2eA=S/S, S]
    Thunderer Initiative:
    2eP+1eA 2 successes, 2 advantage [2eP=S/A, S] [1eA=A]

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    In the Interest Of Time (tm), I'll roll for @ArcanisTheImpotent to get this party started.
    geth, roll 2eA for Seth's Initiative.

    Ok, Initiative looks like this;

    WARRIOR (3 successes)
    Thunderer (2 successes, 2 advantage)
    Keo (2 successes, 1 advantage)
    Seth (2 successes, 1 advantage)
    DE-902 (1 success, 2 advantage)
    Uther (1 success, 1 advantage)
    Nuun (1 success, 1 advantage)

    Players can feel free to swap around as per normal, probably depending on how much kinship your characters are feeling right now.

    I'll have an NPC post up in a bit.

    Seth's Initiative:
    2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage [2eA=S/S, A]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Uther/WARRIOR

    The body of the Commander took two quick steps toward Uther, closing the distance between them and throwing a kick directly at Uther's sternum.
    Maneuver to close, Force-enhanced kick as the attack.

    geth, roll 1eA+3eP+2eF+2eD for POWERKICK

    4 advantage, 3 Light Side. We'll call that 1 success (for a 5 strain damage brawl attack) and 6 advantage, because what he really wants to do is..

    The kick lifted Uther off his feet and hurled him back through the curtains and into the infirmary, his momentum finally stopped when he collided with Nuun's overturned bed. Muted by the mesh doorway, a snap-hiss erupted from the hallway and purple light washed in from underneath.

    POWERKICK:
    1eA+3eP+2eF+2eD 4 advantage, 3 Light Side [1eA=S/S] [3eP=A/A, S/A, A] [2eF=LS/LS, LS] [2eD=F/F, F]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Thank you Zed!


    Seth

    Things had gone sideways fairly quick. "I'll get you out of there, hold on," he said to the Sullustan, undoing the other restraint on him before moving over to Nuun.

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Inquisitor Inkla

    The sudden reappearance of Uther forced the Inquisitor to reassess priorities. Refocusing on the active combatants, for the moment, she turned to face Keo directly. "Insubordination, Trooper? That is going in your file."

    A quick motion of her arm sent Nuun's bed, now absent one sullustan, whipping through the air toward Keo...
    geth, roll 2eP+1eA+2eD+3eF for bed bash

    2 successes, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side. That hits for 3 damage, and...

    ... striking him one one side and sending it spiraling across the infirmary.

    Keo and/or Seth are up.

    Current Destiny Pool:
    7 Light, 0 Dark

    bed bash:
    2eP+1eA+2eD+3eF 2 successes, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side [2eP=S/A, S] [1eA=A] [2eD=Th, Th] [3eF=LS, DS, DS]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
Sign In or Register to comment.