Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PBP] FFG Star Wars: Echoes of the Force [IC/OOC]

1235713

Posts

  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Keo

    Somehow Keo kept his feet as the bed tagged him and continued on its way, it stung but his armor deflected most if it.

    For some reason fighting force-users wasn't part of standard training for the Imperial Military. Keo keenly felt that lack, at this moment. However, some of the vets could be convinced to offer some tips, with enough cajoling.

    Run. That was always their first advice.

    Keo glanced at the only exit from the room, now, he suspected, with its own crazy superior wielding a lightsaber beyond.

    Not an option.

    He racked his brain, trying to recall every tall tale and scrap of rumor on how to defeat a Jedi.

    Aw, screw it, maybe I'll get lucky.

    Trooper Brandel fired another stun-bolt at his superior, hoping that his previous shot has slowed her down enough to let him safely end the situation.
    I'm making some assumptions here, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. You mentioned a few posts back that debris pinged off Keo's armor, so I'm assuming hes still wearing it. That leaves him with a total soak of 5. Does this mean that because the Inquisitors damage was below that he takes no wounds? Or did you take that into account and it was 8 damage soaked down to 3.
    True Aim manuever again, and I'd like to use a Destiny point to convert one of my ability dice to a proficiency die, representing Brandel looking for a bit of luck to get his shot past a lightsaber. Let me know if I messed any of this up.

    Geth roll 1eA+3eP+1eB for stun shot!

    1eA+3eP+1eB 6 successes, 1 advantage [1eA=S] [3eP=S, S, S/S] [1eB=S/A]

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo
    Nope, 3 damage was the total. It's not really a trick that's going to kill you. That's what the lightsaber's for.

    geth, roll 4eD for Inkla's Defense

    4 successes total. Ouch.

    The blast sent another series of spasms through the Inquisitor's body, causing her to stumble backward away from from the beds. She stumbled to a stop against the already cracked windows overlooking the courtyard.

    Sett is up.

    Current Destiny Pool:
    6 Light, 1 Dark

    Inkla's Defense:
    4eD 2 failures, 1 threat [4eD=-, F/F, -, Th]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    That was a lot larger than I expected. I'm trying to learn the system in and out just in case I run this later, so I have a question that doesn't really matter to this game but might to me later. The book says that each uncancelled success adds 1 to the damage total. Does this mean that 4 damage is added in that situation or 3 because 1 is used to generate the attack itself?

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Did Uther lose that lightsaber with that kick? Bummer...

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    I went on the previous page, I got bottom'd. Seth is spending his action to undo his other restraint

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Keo did blaster pistol + 4 strain damage, which is significant. Not "drop an inquisitor possessed by an ancient force spirit significsnt, but still.

    Uther had indeed lost his lightsaber momentarily, yes. 6 advantage was pretty bonkers.

    Sett's Afton has been noted.

    Everybody's favorite droid is up.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    DE-902

    "ALL HOSTILITIES WILL CEASE!" DE-902 blared over its speaker array, amplified to levels loud enough to be painful to nearby organics. "Destruction of Imperial property will not be tolerated! Failure to comply will result in immediate harm to the offending personnel!"
    Action: Scathing Tirade
    Geth, roll 2eP+1eA+2eD for Average Coercion check
    Move: Aim (+1eB on the next combat check)

    Edit: Uf, no Advantage. 3 enemies (Inkla, Buunross, and any other enemy?) in Close range suffer 1 strain and 1 Setback Die on all skill checks for the next two rounds.

    Average Coercion check:
    2eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat [2eP=A/A, S/S] [1eA=S] [2eD=Th, Th/Th]

    jdarksun on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    A stunned silence fell over the room, broken only by the distant klaxon and the wind whistling through the cracks in the observation windows. All heads turned toward the droid, some with mouths agape.

    Then, like a holovid that had finished buffering, the activity quickly exploded back into the present.
    Uther and/or Nuun, it's your turn.

    Current Destiny Pool:
    6 Light, 1 Dark

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    @Steelhawk
    @Custom Special

    Time to kick some butt.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther

    Uther shakes out the stars from his vision and scrambles to his feet, taking in the situation. He was woefully underpowered for this kind of Force battle. Stang, he barely knew what a Force battle was!

    Diving back through the curtain (he really liked the look of that purple lightsaber, and wanted it back!) again he went in low hopng to take out Bunross' legs and start pummeling him.

    Geth, roll 3eA+2eP for Brawilin' on the Floor

    Brawilin':
    3eA+2eP 3 successes, 5 advantage [3eA=S/A, A/A, A] [2eP=S/S, A]

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    geth, roll 3eD for Buunross defense.

    4 Advantage, no Successes. What you want to do with that?

    Buunross defense:
    3eD 3 failures, 1 threat [3eD=Th, F, F/F]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    OK, so since I'm new at this system, let me see if I've got this right. Since I have no Successes, there is no strain applied. But I have 4 Advantages to play with?

    Alright then. Simple enough....I want my purple lightsaber back. :)

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    You can make him drop it for 3.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    If I can't use that 4th Advantage to pick it up myself, can I kick it away so he can't simply pick it up on his next turn?

    If not...then I will recover 1 strain of the 5 I lost before.

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Sure, I think you can probably put it out of reach so he'd at least have to make an effort.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Yes...send it skittering away so we can tussle on the floor dramatically to see who gets to it first!

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Yes...send it skittering away so we can tussle on the floor dramatically to see who gets to it first!
    Sounds good. Why don't you narrate your methods here.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Bunross' eyed widened as Uther came diving right back through the curtain. Uther came in low under the lightsaber and wrapped his arms around the Commander legs, twisting as we went. With a thud, Bunross came crashing down on his back, the lightsaber knocked from his grasp to bounce across down the hallway and come to rest beneath a repulsor-gurney.

    Seeing his chance, Uther got up onto all fours and started to climb over Bunross to get to the fallen weapon. The Imp wasn't making it easy, however. Grasping hands, half-hearted punches and lots of pulling and shoving occurred as both of them scrapped on the floor, arms reaching and crawling over each other.

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Nuun

    As Uther came barreling back through the curtain, he somehow manage to separate the Commander from his lightsaber (not to self: do not pick fight with Uther). Nuun saw the now powered down lightsaber come skittering to a stop under a gurney nearby. Gracefully, Nuun rolled under the bed and snatched up the saber, coming out the other side having no idea what to do with the thing.
    "Uh....UTHER!" He shouted before hurling the hilt over to the brawler, since it seemed like he had some idea what to do with it.

    Geth roll 4eA for Coordination to throw

    Coordination to throw:
    4eA 4 successes, 3 advantage [4eA=S/S, A, A/A, S/S]

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Uh, wow. Ok, I'm not quite sure how to handle this new turn of events. I'll look at my rulebooks and see if I can't come up with something quick.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    I considered powering it on myself, but pretty sure I'd have no idea what to do with it beyond seeing actual Jedi use one. And I guess there's a specific skill for it?
    Also, that roll is like 90% of max value on those dice...what the.

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    All

    Uther and Buunross struggled on the floor, while the Inquisitor attempted to reclaim control of her stun-ravaged body. Uther planted a knee in the sternum of the Stormtrooper Commander and made a desperate grab for the wayward lightsaber.

    The saber hilt arced across the infirmary, bouncing off the plastoleum floor and landing squarely in Uther's outstretched hand.

    Pushing his big body up from the floor, Buunross sent Uther and his new-old lightsaber tumbling end over end, and into the pile of upturned gurneys from the Thunderer's Force blasts. Heaving to his feet, he turned to face the Inquisitor. "I DO NOT NEED SUCH THINGS TO DESTROY YOU TRAITOR." He hurled himself forward, again blurring in his movement. A sharp BOOM shook the room, followed instantly by the sound of shattering glass. Wind whipped through the room and the distant klaxons were suddenly much louder.

    Along the far end of the infirmary, where there were once observation windows, there was now open space looking out over the central yard of the outpost. A muted thump broke through the low-howling wind. Buunross and Inkla were gone.

    Leaving combat rounds.... now. You're alone (with each other) in the infirmary. There is no sign of other activity that you can see from here. The klaxon is still blaring and the wind has picked up outside (and now inside). The artifacts recovered in the dig are around here somewhere, as should be a bunch of stormtroopers and prisoners. What do you do?

    Current Destiny Pool: 6 Light, 1 Dark

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    DE-902

    "More unnecessary damage to Imperial property," the droid lamented. "And by servants of the Empire, no less. I will add this to their files." DE-902 attempted to connected to network and discover the cause of the now-louder klaxons.
    Geth, roll 3eA for Computers to get update on system status

    Computers to get update:
    3eA 2 successes, 3 advantage [3eA=A, S/S, A/A]

    ArcanisTheImpotent
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Seth

    Seth stood up from the bed as the infirmary was left suddenly quiet. Quieter.

    "Never look a gift ronto in the mouth. I'd be pretty keen to get off this rock."

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    geth roll 2eD for hacking the system.

    DE-902
    Well, then. The klaxons are a combo platter; perimeter alarms and orbital presence detection. Looks like fences are down on the jungle side of the complex and there are ships with friendly (Imperial) transponders in low orbit, but they're not throwing any hails. Systems also show some movement in the courtyard below the windows that were just blown out.

    hacking the system:
    2eD 0 successes, 1 threat [2eD=-, Th]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo

    "Don't get ahead of yourself, prisoner." the trooper gestured at Seth with his zapper. "You'll be back in custody in a moment. I'll be sure none of you get punished for this, but you won't be leaving this rock today."

    Keo needed to take control of the situation, he didn't have his rifle but backup should be arriving any second. He hoped.

    "Droid, where is everyone? We made more noise than a bantha giving birth, half the garrison should be here!"

    Khildith on
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    @jdarksun I hadn't thought about it, nor do I know enough about the imperial army to know what rank would be appropriate for my trooper. @OptimusZed wanna weigh in and save me from my ignorance?

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    If you're a guard, you're probably a Private, possibly Private First Class. Corporal gets to tell other guys what to do sometimes. You could be a Sergeant makes you one of the people just below Buunross in the Trooper ranks. You pick.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    lets go with PFC

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    DE-902

    "Private First-Class Brandel," the droid began as it shuffled over to the broken window. "This is an emergency situation, and you need to take charge. The perimeter has been breached on the jungle side of the compound." DE-902 looked into the courtyard, attempting to gain a visual of what had been triggering the motion sensors. "In addition, several Imperial ships are in orbit - but have yet to initiate communications. Recommendation: secure the prisoners, acquire lethal weapons, and find a communications transmitter." The droid turned, fixing the Stormtrooper with its yellow-eyed gaze. "You are the commanding officer until we can contact a higher authority."
    Anything interesting in the courtyard?

    jdarksun on
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Seth

    Seth raised an eyebrow at Brandel. "Come on son, it should be painfully obvious by now that we're on our own. You can come with or stay here, but we're leaving." He looked at Uther and back to Brandel. "I know a thing or two about the sort of thing we're facing here, and it does no one any good to stick around. This is Jedi business."

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    DE-902 (and anyone else looking into the courtyard)

    A good 4 stories below the destroyed windows, the courtyard is mostly empty. The huge gates that separated the enclosure from the wilds were still closed, the AT-STs and the fleet of speeder bikes were still in their berths. A body lay in the short grass of the yard, clothed in ISB black.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Also I want to get my hand on some Kyber crystals. Seth at this point is 100% positive that this is his call to action, and he is now seeing you guys as susceptible. He needs a real weapon

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Nuun

    "I'm with Seth, trooper. Likely nothing good is heading our way after...whatever it was just happened to the Commander and Inkla. And besides, you may have a stunner, but it appears we 'prisoners' outnumber you and the bot. You feel like taking on a Jedi (motioning to Uther), myself and...uh, an old guy? I'm sure he's been around long enough to know a trick or two even the droid won't have in its data banks."

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Spending two Destiny Points. *ominous organ music*

  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo

    Commanding Officer? Crap.

    Keo looked around the room nervously. He was outnumbered for sure and he doubted he and the droid could handle all three prisoners without a real weapon. He trusted Old Seth, as far as he could trust any prisoner, but the other two were unproven. Better to take this situation one step at a time.

    "Fine, but we stay together. If things are as dire as I think we'll need each other, and if we run into my backup I think I can keep them from killing you out of hand for attempting to escape."

    Keo brushed past the prisoners and looked down both sides of the corridor outside.

    "I need to get to the armory and find a rifle, if we don't get challenged on the way then there is probably no personnel left on this latrine-class planetoid."

    Khildith on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Seth/Kolto
    The ancients called them moonshards, making various trinkets and baubles from them that were usually reserved for their shamans and royalty. Generations of slaves died mining them from caves deep in the jungle. To locate these deposits, they would use smooth, silver stones that twitched and pulled in the planet's magnetic field. Shortly before they destroyed themselves, mining began began in earnest to supply a big project directed by the high priest that was to be built in the mountains ringing the great lake.

    Current Destiny Pool: 4 Light, 3 Dark

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Seth

    The old man nodded. "Reasonable," he said. "We have a greater mystery to solve here than what's going on here though, Brandel. Son, I know you've felt it. I know you all did," Seth said, his blue eyes twinkling as he looked at each of them in turn. "I've been around the galaxy a time or two, I've called the Force my ally on more than one occasion, long long ago. I know what it feels like. This is a resurgence."

    He looked out the window toward the mountains, toward the lake he knew to be there. Whatever had been imprinted upon him had injected experiences and memories that were not his own.

  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Keo

    "Don't lose it on me too, old man. I've got enough problems right now without a repeat performance of the mass delusion dance. We can talk about whatever it is you think is going on once I'm sure I'm not about to be overrun by rebels or wildlife."

    Keo waves the little zapper around in front of him. "This thing isn't going to be enough, I need an actual weapon."

Sign In or Register to comment.