Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PBP] FFG Star Wars: Echoes of the Force [IC/OOC]

13468913

Posts

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Seth

    Seth smiled with his teeth at that. "Agreed. I'm with you. Let's get to the armory and see what we can make of things," he said, turning to head out into the hallway. He stopped and looked back at them over his shoulder. "What is our play, Brandel, if what's left of the Empire has left us all to rot?"

  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo

    "Survival" Keo said grimly. "I'm pretty sure the last step before retreating from a facility like this is to glass it from orbit."

    Hope I'm not making too big an assumption, its just the only thing I can imagine the empire would have as standard protocol in a situation like this

    Khildith on
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Seth

    The old Jedi pursed his lips and nodded. "Then let's get to it."
    Seth moving to Armory!

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Nuun

    Nuun moved to follow this Trooper Brendel to get the group moving on.

    "Brendel, is it? If we're to keep this all quiet, perhaps it would be possible to find some 'trooper armor in my size? Two troopers escorting unrestrained prisoners would at least look reasonable. And if the situation is even worse than that...well, then that's whole other mess to figure out."

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther

    Uther grunts as he stands up straight, holding his ribs and wincing. Although you can't quite tell if it was because of any residual pain or from being called a Jedi.

    He focuses his mind and concentrates on the Lightsaber, this time feeling the connections take place in his mind and body and tool, finally igniting the blade. With a snap-hiss the purple blade casts its light across all of them...and across all of the destruction in room. With a scowl, Uther shuts the blade down. "Being a Jedi never did me any good...sent me running all across this galaxy, from one hive of scum to another of villainy, for 20 years.

    He's silent for a moment, looking over the carnage in the room. He looks at his new companions one by one. "Still....I'm still trying to process whatever happened to all of us in that cave. Whatever it was...we can't let it run wild. I'm with Seth, we need to figure this mess out. We also need weapons. And eventually a ship. Between the four of us, I'm sure we can get the kark off this rock.

    Uther shoots wry look over the older Jedi, "I always had my suspicions about you, old man. Glad to see some of my old training still works. Now...lets find you a lightsaber too. Someone needs to show me how to use this thing!"


    ArcanisTheImpotent
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    DE-902

    "Two Jedi?" The droid's vocabulator went up in pitch slightly as its yellow eyes gleamed. "Interesting," it began, then trailed off as the three multi-jointed digits on its right hand twitched. DE-902 spent a few moments gathering medical supplies, then shuffled towards Keo and waited expectantly.
    I'm assuming it wouldn't be too hard to assemble a medpac in the infirmary. DE-902 will also amass a small collection of scalpels, knives, or whatever discrete cutting devices it can find.

  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo

    The official training from the Imperial Army described Jedi as terrorists. The Jedi Order tried to overthrow the lawful government long ago and were outlawed.

    Seems it didn't take.

    It was the Jedi that started all this! A Jedi assassinated the Emperor and plunged the galaxy into chaos.

    But... Seth? Old Seth had been here many years before Keo arrived, and always seemed pretty jovial, for a prisoner. The affable man wasn't what Keo expected a dreaded Jedi to look like. He expected one to look more like Uther really.

    Two Jedi. Here.

    Keo didn't have time to dwell on it, he could worry about it when he wasn't in immediate danger.

    "Right then, let's get moving before we end up driving ourselves as crazy as the commander."

    Khildith on
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Seth

    Seth nods at them both. "I have some theories about that, but I've been out of the game for awhile. If we get a speeder, this planet is rich in Kyber crystals. I know where to get them."

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    DE-902
    Yep, plenty of medical supplies around. There are even some portable kits for off-site contingencies. And sharps everywhere, literally. That battle did a number on the organization of this bay.

    Keo
    The armory is on the other side of the complex from here, well under the chunk of mountain that this outpost was cut into. It's not a huge place, but there is going to be plenty opportunity to be seen by other Imperials, assuming any are still around at this point. Usually only commanding officers have access to the armory itself, and it's manned by a staff sergeant who is a real tightass. Getting gear might be challenging.

    Your fears that this place is going to be turbolasered out of existence are not entirely unfounded.

    All

    The hallway leading out of the infirmary is deserted, but clean and organized. If something terrible has happened to the personnel and prisoners, it didn't happen here. All internal lighting systems seem to be functional as well.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    DE-902

    As they walked, DE-902 attempted to download the local schematics along their path, specifically looking for automated defenses, sensors, patrol routes, or checkpoints.
    Basically a gather information check via Computers. Could be Fun if the check goes bad.
    Geth, roll 3eA for Computer use to gather info

    Computer use to gather info:
    3eA 3 successes [3eA=S/S, S, -]

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    DE-902
    geth roll 2eD for system access difficulties.

    Internal defenses are fairly sparse. The outpost relies pretty heavily on its compliment of stormtroopers to keep the prisoners in line. There are cameras and sensors posted throughout the outpost, but most of them are in pretty poor shape if they're operating at all. A map of the outpost is available, but it doesn't really tell DE-902 anything he doesn't already know.

    All

    As the group moved further into the complex, the lack of other people, both Imperials and prisoners, became somewhat eerie. The total population of the outpost wasn't huge by any stretch, but there were around a hundred individuals housed here. The path to the armory took them past empty offices and unmanned guard posts.
    Still figuring out this whole PbP pacing thing, sorry. I'm going to give you folks a little bit here for any detours you want to make or things you think you might want to poke at, then I'll throw up the next big scene when I get home from work this evening.

    system access difficulties:
    2eD 0 successes, 1 threat [2eD=-, Th]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther

    As Uther and the others moved through the infirmary and into the rest of the complex he asks the questions that are sure to be on tip of everyone's tongues.

    "So...what was that? Bunross and Inkla...they seemed possessed, right? Like something was using their bodies to act out a grudge? This whole "sister" business? And were they fighting each other and we got in the way...or where they fighting us?

    And where is everyone?"

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    All

    Progress through the complex was easy, if disconcerting. Under normal conditions, these halls be populated. Not teeming, necessarily, but noticably occupied.

    Here the klaxons in the wall were sounding, and emergency lights strobed seeking attention. In some places, security lockdown protocols had been enacted, closing off secure rooms and depots. Natural light still dominated here, streaming in through skylights and the occasional courtyard window.

    After some distance, the hallway opened into a large room divided by barred gates and windows. The armory was across the room, some 15 meters away, with a transparent plasteel partition separating it from the main body of the room. Standing behind that partition, facing away from the entrance, was an aging, balding man in stormtrooper armor. Keo knew him as Staff Sergeant Hols, as would DE-902 if he ever had need of such base things as arms or armor.

    Hols seemed distracted by something that he was holding, and was muttering to himself somewhat loudly.

    What do you do?

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo

    The strange sense of emptiness was beginning to make Keo jumpy.

    "I don't know what happened back there" Keo practically whispered, even with the alarms sounding something told him to keep his voice down. "With both the Commander and the Inquisitor down, whoever is in charge must be near panic. I can't imagine how an orderly evacuation could forget both of the highest ranking personnel in the facility."

    _____

    Keo caught sight of the armory, and Staff Sergeant Hols.

    Doubting himself for a moment, Keo was torn. If Hols is still here maybe the Empire hadn't abandoned them yet. He could face serious charges for bringing the inmates this far.

    Firming his resolve and waving for the others to stay where they are, Keo approaches the partition.

    "Sergeant Hols, sir!" Keo stood at attention. "You can't imagine how glad I am to see you."


    edited my post cause I got beat by Zed

    Khildith on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Feel free to continue the conversation if that feels important.

    You're still out of immediate earshot where you are.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Just terrible timing, Zed. I've fixed my post to make more sense

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    oh no

    we are so dead

    Seth

    "Brandel, wait--" he whispered, but the young man was already making his approach. He couldn't blame the lad, of course, he had no training, he didn't know what to look for. Seth had seen the Sergeant's muttering mouth, had caught a glimpse of something he was clutching; whatever Force spirits had run loose in this place had affected him, too.

    He held his hand out to Uther's arm before he raised the lightsaber and ignited it. "Let's see where talking gets us," Seth said, his blue eyes focused on the sergeant.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther nods his understanding.

    He's also very alert. He looked for ways to get to the armory and for another way out. He didn't see how meeting this Sargent could end well.
    The partition... floor or ceiling or could we hop it? Any other ways in or out?

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    DE-902

    The droid fell in behind PFC Brandel, shuffling quickly to keep up. "As I'm sure you're away, sir, there's been an attack on the compound. Unfortunately, the incident separated Private First Class Brandel here from his weapon." DE-902 indicated the lack of blaster carbine in the Stormtrooper's hands for emphasis. "Would you give us access to the armory, so that he might help secure the facility? I will fill out the necessary forms and file them promptly, if that concerns you."
    Trying to sweet talk us past the checkpoint.
    Geth, roll 2eA+1eP for Charming our way past Sergeant Hols
    ...oops, that should have been 2eP+1eA. Ah well.

    Charming our way past Sergeant Hols:
    2eA+1eP 2 successes, 4 advantage [2eA=A/A, S/A] [1eP=S/A]

    jdarksun on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    @jdarksun you need a new post for a new roll.

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    @Custom Special I know, but the dice I rolled were worse than the ones I could have rolled. Figured I'd just let if stand, rolled is rolled.

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Plus four advantages is pretty sick

    jdarksun
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    geth, roll 2eD+1eC for sweet talk.

    sweet talk:
    2eD+1eC 2 failures [2eD=-, F] [1eC=F]

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Uther/Seth/Nuun

    The room itself is an open space roughly 20 meters square with various choke points with prepared gates constructing something of a maze within the space. Doors open on 3 of the four sides, leading to other areas of the compound. This is a transfer station for prisoners and a regrouping point for guards should the worst happen. It's likely that Seth has been here before, but internal prisoner movement has been handled much less proceduraly for quite a while.

    For the first time, you begin to see signs of some sort of violence. A few blasterscorches mar the walls, particularly along the outgoing doors. Minor equipment has been damaged, apparently recently. A light over the leftward-leading door has been damaged and is flickering weakly.

    Keo and DE-902

    Lazily, Staff Sergeant Hols turned to face the approaching duo. His face was plastered with his traditionally bored expression, his eyes looking this odd pair up and down judgmentally.

    "It's a serious breach of protocol to leave your weapon behind, PFC Brandel. Even given the circumstances, I'm going to have to write you up on that." Hols turned away from the window and approached the weapons rack behind him. "I'm frankly kind of surprised you're still here. Well, you Brandel, not the droid. Been a lot of desertion since the Rebs hit the sector, glad to see some young guys with their heads on straight. Not that there's probably any way out at this point, what with them takin' all the ships that would hit space under their own power."

    Hols turned back, holding a standard issue Blastech E-ll blaster rifle in one hand and something small, round and shiny in the other. Walking back toward the window, he placed the rifle in the window and pushed it forward. "There ya go, PFC. A trooper's no good without his weapon. Try not to lose this one, you only get so many marks before reconditioning."

    DE-902
    Hols' behavior is consistent with what is available in his file, but it's clear that he's operating in a non-standard manner here. Something is off about this guy. And that is clearly a thermal detonator in his hand.

    Do with that info what you will.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther raises his eyebrow at Nuun when the other Stormtrooper mentions a Rebel attack.
    Alas for not having enough Force points to snatch that thermal detonator out of his hands! :)

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Nuun turned to meet Uther's gaze. Wide eyed, Nuun slowly raised his shoulders in a shrug.
    "I didn't know rebels even knew of this place! I thought I was going to be stuck here forever, but glad to hear that may not be the case."

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    DE-902

    "It's not his fault," the droid began in a conciliatory tone as it slid the blaster out of the window. "He was unconscious at the time, due to a combination of concussive cranial trauma and a sedative." DE-902 cocked its head to one side, as if listening to something only it could hear. "Tell me, Sergeant Hols - are you suffering from a recent incident or malady? As a general wellness droid, I am programmed to diagnose both mental and physical issues that need to be addressed." The droid moved the blaster out of view of the quartermaster. "And something appears to be bothering you. If you tell me what it is, I can attempt to rectify it. Sometimes even sharing one's feelings are helpful."
    Deceiving Hols into giving away what his problem is. DE-902 isn't a consular droid (it isn't even really a medical droid), but it finds organics to be more comfortable when it lies about things like that.

    Note: opposition dice are -1eS due to Plausible Deniability
    Geth, roll 2eP for Deceiving Hols into revealing what's wrong

    Deceiving Hols into revealing what's wrong:
    2eP 1 success, 1 advantage [2eP=S/A, -]

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    geth, roll 3eD for Hols.

    Wow, that's kind of a gonzo roll. Sorry.

    DE-902/Keo

    "Whu.. what?", Hols seemed to snap back from somewhere distant. "I'm fine, but droids ain't allowed to handle ordinance. You best pass that off to your handler." His scowl was rather off-putting.

    Hols:
    3eD 3 failures, 2 threat [3eD=Th/Th, F, F/F]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Keo

    "Thank you sir, I've got it." Keo quickly grabbed the rifle and fumbled a bit while holstering it.

    The trooper was conflicted. This didn't seem right, the Sergeant hadn't even noticed the unsecured prisoners, or if he had he didn't care. Nothing about this day seemed right.

    Turning and making his way back to the prisoners, Keo looked over his shoulder a few times as he walked, contemplating.

    "Bad news, fellas. If everything spaceworthy has already left this armpit, I don't know that any of us are going to make it out of here."

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Nuun

    "What...everything that flies is gone? There's got to be something left...right? No way the whole base evacuated in just a few minutes..."
    Nuun paused, realizing that they'd only been awake for a few minutes, but he had no idea how long they'd been out after that light in the cave.
    "902, exactly how long were we in that infirmary before we all woke up? Was the base attacked while we were out?"

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    DE-902

    "Handler," muttered DE-902. "Indeed." It shuffled back, following behind Brandel. "You were unconscious for approximately forty-five minutes. System logs indicates a security breach happened, but not when. I will attempt to correlate that information."
    Geth, roll 3eA for Computers - when did the breach occur and are there really no more spaceships?

    Computers - when did the breach occur and are there really:
    3eA 1 success, 1 advantage [3eA=-, A, S]

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    All

    "PFC Brandel, get back over here. You need to sign for that."

    "Recruits these days," Staff Sergeant Hols mumbled under his breath.
    Nice try, but he's not done with you yet, soldier.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo

    "Sorry Sergeant, I'm still scrambled from the sedative!"

    Keo jogged back to the partition and waited for the form.

    "Do we have any standing orders, sir? Commander Buunross and Inquisitor Inkla are... indisposed, who is in command of the facility?"

    I wonder about the whole Sergeant/Sir thing with the Imperial Military. Different branches of the American military have different protocol with regards to who you call sir, as far as I understand it.

    Khildith on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Keo

    "No orders Sister," Hols thundered. "Just an experiment. Die."

    The silver sphere floated through the partition and hovered in the air in front of Keo for a split second.

    The world went white. And loud.
    That's 20 damage. Enjoy!

    All

    Hols, Keo, the front wall of the armory and a roughly 10 meter radius of the bars and dividers of the room go up in what looks like a small sun and sounds like a bantha stomping a plasteel helmet you were wearing the morning after you finished a whole rod of gleestim.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    well shit

    Geth roll 1d100 for critical injury check

    critical injury check:
    1d100 3 [1d100=3]

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo
    Did I not send you a PM? I though I did, like right after the crystal incident, but I'm not seeing it in my out box. It's, uh, kind of important right now.

    Edit: Because I'm not that big a kark-muncher GM, I swear.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Oh shoot, I'll use that then!

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Keo
    GRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

    You register the weapon a moment too late. Luckily, your new... passenger is at least marginally faster. You feel the very air around shift and stiffen. The blast is deflected around you, but not so far that you can't still feel the unbelievable heat and pressure from the explosion.

    All

    Within the sphere of white-hot destruction, a shape pushes back the edges of the explosion. Huge and hulking, covered in some sort of mossy robe, and ethereal. The shape encases Keo, shielding him from the blast.

    When the blast clears, the front wall of the armory is completely destroyed, a circular edge running from the now-exposed rock below the floor to the ceiling. Hol's body is absent, and many of the systems have been obliterated. The contents of the armory, however, are largely intact.

    Destiny Point Pool: 2 Light, 5 Dark

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Nuun

    "Ummmmm, so...can we please get away from this place?!
    Brendel, I'm sure you have lots of training on how to handle prisoners, but I think gaping holes in the base and other personnel actively trying to kill you is maybe past the point of worrying if a "prisoner" has a blaster, so can you please give me a....that old jerk just deleted the armory didn't he?

    I hate this place"

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    DE-902

    "Negative," corrected the droid. "We should be able to secure as many weapons as necessary." It pointed to the largely intact weapon stores, though made no movement towards them. "The bigger concern is leaving the planet."
    Any joy on checking the databanks for available spacecraft?

    Also, at this point DE-902 is just going to start recording everything it can and archiving it for later upload to Imperial servers.

13468913
Sign In or Register to comment.