As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PBP] FFG Star Wars: Echoes of the Force [IC/OOC]

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    Seth

Kriff.

Seth rubbed the dots out of his vision, lurching forward towards Brandel. "Kid, are you alright?! This is madness! We have to get out of here. We're being toyed with."

• Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Keo

"I'm... alright. I don't understand how, but I am. What the hell happened to Sergeant Hols?"

Keo stood in the middle of the destruction, somehow unharmed. His shoulders slumped, he looked lost and defeated.

"The whole galaxy has gone insane on me today."

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Seth

Seth patted the lad reassuringly on the shoulder. "There'll be time to explain in detail later."

He knew he shouldn't, but he did.

You! he said internally. You had to come from somewhere, Rider. Where did your people keep their spacefaring vessels?

Flipping two light to dark

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    I'm sorry guys, I'm so sorry

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Seth
    My sisters left their craft in the port below the grand project of the natives. Brother WARRIOR's ship was lost upon landing. He never was one for care. I know not where the traitor came to this world.

The beasts stir. You should get to safety, as I am unsure how to take a new host.

All

The armory is open. Hols is dead. What do you do?

Give me another set of Destiny rolls. We're just counting pips.

Also, everybody gets 15 xp. DE-902 gets 5 more because I haven't figured out how to include you in This silliness yet.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1eF for Destiny

Can we spend that XP right away?

Destiny:
    1eF 2 Light Side [1eF=LS/LS]

• Options
    we should probably roll morality too since some of us have accrued some conflict :hydra:
    Geth, roll 1eF

1eF 2 Light Side [1eF=LS/LS]

• Options
    Seth

Seth seemed lost in thought as the rider spoke to him. His eyes popped back into focus and he looked at his compatriots.

"There should be vessels hidden away. I can take us there."

I'm assuming I know where this grand project is/what it's referring to? Assuming it's the mine but correct me if I'm wrong

• Options
    And last question, am I right in assuming if we spend some exp on Force Powers (the basic ones) we can apply the 5 xp discount? Seems like our passengers should could for the Mentor bonus.

if not, at the very least it should apply from a perspective that Seth has all this training and should be able to pass it on to his friends as he rediscovers it

• Options
    Xp can be spent right away. There is no bonus, add these guys aren't really forthcoming in a typical mentor or Holocron sense. Yet. If Seth can tutor other characters inn stuff he knows, that's fine.

Conflict rolls are definately a thing. Thanks for reminding me.

Seth
    The first consultation mentioned a big project that used a bunch of moonshards. That seems like it might be a strong lead.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Geth, roll 1d10

Decent roll! See, don't be afraid to accrue Conflict guys, as long as you roll well you won't fall to the Dark Side!

1d10 6 [1d10=6]

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1eF for Destiny

Destiny:
    1eF 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    DE-902

"Damage to facility mounting," muttered the droid. "Pointless. Cost of retraining lost personnel worse though." It shuffled around the gap in the floor the best it could, entering the armor. "Standard issue rifle not necessary. Better options available." It picked up a heavy blaster rifle, and lugged it back towards Brandel. "Suggest haste. Damage to facility not going to get any better."
    Spend 5 on Kill With Kindness, 10 on Inspiring Rhetoric. Bank 5 for later.

Made some assumptions regarding what was in the armory. If there's a missile tube, I'll grab one as well.

Geth, roll 1eF for Destiny

Destiny:
    1eF 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]

• Options
    Keo

Keo heaves the proffered rifle onto his shoulder.

"If we're leaving the facility everyone should grab a weapon. Don't want to tangle with the wildlife without one."

Geth roll 1eF for Destiny

Destiny:
    1eF 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]

• Options
    Oh I forgot conflict.

Geth roll 1d10 for conflict

conflict:
    1d10 10 [1d10=10]

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d10 for Conflict.

Nuun takes a blaster rifle and pistol (if available) to defend himself and searches the armory for any kind of armor that might better protect him than the prison uniform he's currently in.

Conflict:
    1d10 2 [1d10=2]

• Options
    All

The armory is well stocked with all manner of weapons and armor. All Imperial issue, of course. So don't expect anything to be modified at all, what with weapons protocols. Armor is Imperial types as well, with stormtrooper laminate being the gold standard option. If you've got other equipment you're looking for, mention it in your posts. It's probably here, and if it's not I'll let you know.

Current Destiny Pool: 7 Light, 0 Dark

Current To-Do List:
    Find a ship
    Extract lightsaber crystals (?)
    Avoid "the beasts"
    Don't die, simpletons.

Oh, and there's that whole "something terrible" thing coming, as well.

If you have... communed with your passenger, it's worth checking out their info sheet to see if anything has changed.

If you end up buying their Force Skill, make sure I know. For... reasons.

Where are we going now?

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Keo

Keo moves further into the armory for a moment and returns with a new helmet, since he misplaced his somewhere along the way.

Fitting it over his head, a moment later his slightly modulated voice pipes out. "I suggest everyone grab a comlink as well, in case we need to split up."
    In the interest of encumbrance Keo is leaving the Stunner, keeping the Zapper and both rifles. I have the feeling a backup rifle could come in handy. this is also my newest sheet, apparently I couldnt update the old one so the old link is probably dead.

Khildith on
  • Options
    I'd like to just use the undermesh. I'll take the 1 soak hit, Seth isn't keen on wearing white armor out in a jungle, one tends to stick out. Also I'd like to take a heavy pistol, two grenades, two medpacs, and a commlink.

My vote is we start trekking to the mountains.

• Options
    Keo trusts Seth, though he wouldn't really be able to articulate why. Though he would probably suggest taking one or more of the speeders left behind.

• Options
    If available, Uther will grab a heavy blaster pistol, some rations, a wilderness survival kit & backpack, a set of stormtrooper armor (helmet in the pack unless needed for a disguise or its visual enhancements) and thermal cloak to cover it all up.

Oh...and a couple of thermal detonators. You know. Just in case. :)

• Options
    If there are speeders available then we shall drive a speeder!

• Options
    There were definately speeders and walkers in the courtyard below the infirmary. The terrain of this world may not be terribly speeder friendly.

• Options
    DE-902

"PFC Brandel," murmured the droid to the stormtrooper as the captives were looting the armory. "Are you sure it's wise to allow the prisoners weapons?" It picked up a blaster rifle, doing its best to mimic the way Keo was holding his.

• Options
    All

The klaxon that had been sounding this whole time was joined by a second, louder klaxon. The lights dimmed and the red emergency lighting in the floor kicked on.

DE-902
    Internal signals are all screaming across each other about incoming threats from space and launching recovery and rescue operations, complete with coordinates. It's not entirely clear how these things relate to each other.

All

"All personnel be advised," the oddly calm, monotone voice of the automated base announcer competed with the klaxons. "Unidentified spacecraft inbound. Prepare for interception and pacification."

• Options
    DE-902

"Attempting clarifications..."
    Geth, roll 3eA for computers

computers:
    3eA 2 successes, 2 advantage [3eA=A/A, S/S, -]

• Options
    Uther

"All the strange things that have happened today...standing still will not solve any of them. I know Brandel here is trying to do his duty. Good for you, kid. Me? I just want to get the kark out of this prison. Let's go!

"Although...surviving a thermal detonation is a neat trick...how'd you do that?

• Options
    Keo

Keo decided to ignore the droids doubts, even though they echoed his own. Since the galaxy went insane those three prisoners are the only ones who haven't tried to kill him!

"I don't have time to think about how I survived. We have to get going before this whole place comes down on us."

Keo turns to Seth.

"You said you knew where we could get a ship out of here, right? Lead on!"

• Options
    Alright, if Seth is leading, we should probably take a walker or a speeder, whatever is more suited to navigating the terrain. Sooo to the garage/courtyard!

• Options
    Nuun

Nuun emerges from the armory in full white laminate armor, doing his best stormtrooper impression:
    "Rebels! Blast 'em.
    Hahaha! ...what?"

The silent glares from the others made Nuun think that maybe this wasn't the best time for joking around. But at least they were going to be getting out of this terrible prison.

"Look, let's just find something that flies and and I get us off this rock."
    To prep, Nuun takes:
    Blaster Rifle, Heavy Blaster Pistol
    Backpack, Comlink, Hand Scanner, Electrobinoculars
    Thermal Cloak, Rations, torch/light/lantern

• Options
    Right. Comlink. Uther will take one of those too.

• Options
    DE-902

The droid fixed Nuun with its yellow-eyed gaze. "Impersonating a stormtrooper is a crime."
    There's a walker in the courtyard - I don't know if DE-902 told Keo, but he probably knows (or we can assume it told him).

• Options
    edited January 2016
    DE-902
    geth roll 2eD+2eS for failing systems.

Not much to work with. Sensors indicate a large presence in space, but protocols don't allow for automated hails from the outpost.

Sorry about the delay in posting, folks. We are having some interesting weather stuff. I'm going to work on pushing the scenario forward here. Hang loose.

failing systems:
    2eD+2eS 1 failure, 3 threat [2eD=F/Th, Th] [2eS=-, Th]

OptimusZed on

• Options
    All

The trip from the armory to the inner courtyard was rather uneventful, evidencing a complete lack of possessed stormtroopers or fusion explosions. The klaxons continue to blare, and the automated voice repeated her warning once every sixty seconds, but eventually all that turned into background noise. The shiny new suits of armor worn by some members of the party were dyed red in the glow of the floor lamps.

The gate to the courtyard was barred shut from the inside and magnetically sealed as per protocol. Large enough to fit a landspeeder through, its plasteel surface concealed a core of harder, denser metal. This detail was visible through a mostly-circular hole, roughly a meter in diameter that had been cut through the half-meter thick doors. Through the whole, the courtyard could be seen, as could Inkla's unmoving form. Over the klaxons, a strange crackling whistle could be heard from outside.

The gate controls sparked and flared. Their console had taken significant damage from some sort of energy weapon. Without repair, there was no chance of it opening the gates to the courtyard.

Seth
    Do not linger here, fool. Even the sky knows of death in this place.

• Options
    Seth

Seth growled internally. Quiet, youngin, he said before turning his attention to the panel which was erratically going zzt-zzt.

He pulled a plasteel wrench out of the utility belt he had grabbed and pried the panel off, examining the wires. "Can any of you folks gimme a hand with this?"

I have three intellect if someone with skill in Mechanics wants to do a combined check with me. If not, you can lend me some blue dice and I'll make the roll with my three greens

• Options
    DE-902

"Be sure not to further damage the facilities, prisoner," the droid muttered as it shuffled over to help. "Proper grounding is key to electrical work."
    I picked it up as a Career skill, but haven't sunk any points yet. Best I can offer is a Boost.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Seth

Seth looked at the droid, then at the carved hole (a lightsaber no doubt), then at the panel, and then back to the droid before shaking his head. "Much obliged," he said, examining the panel before setting to work. Kriff, but he had been out of the game for awhile.

"No, don't cut the wire--"

zzt

"I am only trying to assist, prisoner, and I warned you about the grounding. Now, let me provide--"

"Keep your damn metal hands away from the primary conductor!"

brrzp

This feels worth upgrading, going to flip 1 light to dark to upgrade a green to yellow

Geth, roll 1eP+2eA+1eB

edit: balls

1eP+2eA+1eB 2 successes, 1 advantage [1eP=-] [2eA=S, -] [1eB=S/A]

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    geth roll 3eD+1eC for the busted up controls

All

The panel was damaged beyond potential repair, at least with the tools that were currently available. Through the hole in the gate, the courtyard was darkening, as though a cloud had moved in front of this system's sun. The whistling was getting louder.

the busted up controls:
    3eD+1eC 2 failures, 1 threat [3eD=F/F, Th, -] [1eC=-]

OptimusZed on

• Options
    Keo

The trooper looked on, almost amused despite the gravity of the situation.

"Too bad whatever made that hole didn't make one big enough for a speeder. Does this mean we're walking?"

• Options
    To clarify, since I apparently didn't before, you are still inside the outpost. The hole looks out into the courtyard. The speeders are out there, not in here.

Sorry about the confusion.