Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PBP] FFG Star Wars: Echoes of the Force [IC/OOC]

1568101113

Posts

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    now that makes a lot more sense... Why did we waste time with the panel when we could just crawl through the hole? lol

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
    OptimusZed
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I was actually wondering the same thing.

    I guess now we know.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Oh, that makes things much simpler. Sorry if I'm slow to post the next couple days, I'm packing for a move and the game slips my mind every now and then.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    ok. I guess I don't need to cut the gate open with the lightsaber then.... darn.

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Had I known the speeders were outside and the hole was a meter wide I wouldn't have flipped the DP :\

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    ok. I guess I don't need to cut the gate open with the lightsaber then.... darn.
    No, no, cut it open with a lightsaber. The droid might blow a motivator trying to do something so strenuous as crawl.

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Don't worry about it, Arc.

    Current Destiny Count: 7 Light, 0 Dark

    There are speeders, walkers and at least one dead body in the courtyard. That whistling keeps getting louder, that hole is pretty small and there's no way THE WARRIOR is camping somewhere nearby waiting to kill you all with the lightsaber he clearly now has. This all seems great.

    What do you do?

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Seth

    The old man gave the panel a disapproving look and slapped the lid closed. He scratched his beard and looked at the hole. "Well, it isn't glamorous, but I suppose a little shimmy never hurt anyone," he said, peeking through the hole before steeling his nerve and bending through the opening.

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    someone needs to say "I have a bad feeling about this" please I beg you

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther
    Ask and ye shall receive! :)

    Uther sees Seth about to crawl through the hole, "Hold up, Seth." Looking over at Keo and Nuun, Uther says, "I have a bad feeling about this. You two cover us....but stand over there."

    Uther ignites his lightsaber and carves out the hole in the wall a little larger. He's not going to lie, especially to himself. This thing was fun! Carving out the larger whole was not just for laughs thouhg. It was to ease our passage through and also not to leave us at the mercy of enemy while crawling around on our hands and knees.

    That done, Uther shuts down the 'saber and closes his eyes. Reaching out in the Force, he tries to sense any threats out in the courtyard,

    Geth, roll 1eF for Sense Force

    Sense Force:
    1eF 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]

    jdarksun
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Uther
    You gonna spend that? If so, I assume we're sweeping for living creatures, right?

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Uther
    You gonna spend that? If so, I assume we're sweeping for living creatures, right?
    Yeah, I'm an equal opportunity force user. And yes, I guess living creatures....although now that makes me think that force possesses bad guys don't count in that. :)

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Uther
    The Force shows you no major lifesigns in the immediate vicinity. A few tiny flickers here an there, likely native birds or lizards.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    DE-902

    The droid brushed past the prisoner that had apparently decided to go to sleep on his feet, and shuffled over to the speeders to make sure they hadn't been tampered with.
    Geth, roll 3eA for Perception

    Perception:
    3eA 3 successes, 1 advantage [3eA=S, S, S/A]

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    DE-902
    geth roll 2eD for scoping the courtyard

    The speeders all seem fine. Standard issue 4 man Imperial speeders.

    The whistling noise is starting to sound more... crackly. And flashes of red are appearing in the air. Directly above you and across most of the sky visible above the 5 meter high courtyard walls.

    scoping the courtyard:
    2eD 0 successes, 1 threat [2eD=-, Th]

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Keo

    Keo ignores the pirates order, following the droid into the courtyard. The trooper tries to keep his eyes peeled for whoever made that hole.

    "Might be a tight fit with the Droid, we could take two. Any preference?"

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    DE-902

    "PFC Brandel," murmured the droid as the stormtrooper joined it. "I recommend immediate evacuation. We should take the speeders and get as far from here as possible."

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    All

    As if to punctuate the droid's statement, the whistling suddenly pitched up and became incredibly loud. A huge, black shape surged suddenly into view and slammed into the outgoing gate of the courtyard, collapsing it and filling the far side of the enclosure with shrapnel. The hexagonal ion foil of a TIE fighter rolled, almost lazily, away from the wreckage before wobbling to the ground to set the stubby local fauna covering the ground ablaze.

    The whistling returned to a lower, though still disturbingly loud, level. Above, though, dark shapes were visible to the naked eye, each with a corona of red. Among them, the signature dagger shape of an Imperial Star Destroyer is visible, its own corona just beginning to flicker and burn.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Seth

    Righting himself after shimmying through the hole he called back. "I think we'd better put a hot step to it. Looks like your Imperial friends up spaceward are in a furball," he remarked to Keo, hopping in the passenger seat of one of the speeders. He wasn't a great hand on the stick but he had a decent eye for shooting. He drew the big pistol he'd grabbed and kept it casually in his hand as he waited for his comrades to load up.

    "We should take two, if only to split targets."

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Nuun

    As if on cue, Nuun suddenly landed next to Seth in the driving seat of the speeder.
    "These things don't fly, but I can do a lot more steering this thing than I can walking around this place.
    Anyone else coming?" he asked as he revved up the speeder to hear its engine roar.

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    ArcanisTheImpotent
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Keo

    "We have to go now!" Keo shouted, jumping in the drivers seat and motioning for Uther and the Droid.
    Gee I hope this thing is fueled <_< What skill is driving anyway?

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    GO NYAO GET TO DA SPEEDA

    it uses pilot (planetary)

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther

    Uther looks longingly between Seth's speeder and the Stormtrooper's. With a sigh that comes out more like a growl he grabs the droid and hops into the speeder.
    I'm still suffering 4 strain from that Force kick I took, yes? Can DE-902 clear that up for me in the backseat?

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    You don't need a medical check, you can just take a moment to center yourself.
    At the end of an encounter, each player can make a Simple (-) Discipline or Cool check. Each Success recovers one strain.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Geth, roll 2eA+1eP to Heal Strain

    to Heal Strain:
    2eA+1eP 2 successes, 1 advantage [2eA=S, -] [1eP=S/A]

    Steelhawk on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    You don't need a medical check, you can just take a moment to center yourself.
    At the end of an encounter, each player can make a Simple (-) Discipline or Cool check. Each Success recovers one strain.
    Which is good, because DE-902 isn't qualified to help you apply fingernail polish, much less actual medical treatment.

    All

    The fire spread quickly through the courtyard, the scrub taking to the flame as though it were an old friend. The remains of the gate teetered and swung in the building winds, smashing against the hulk of the TIE that had smashed them open. Above, more crackling could be heard, accompanied now by the appearance of lightning-like discharges. Distant thuds and snaps signaled the arrival of yet more space debris. The destroyer was getting larger by the second, though an object that size can be seen for leagues in open sky, even through the smoke that was beginning to fill it.

    Drivers
    That gate is going to be tricky to get through without beating up your speeder. Give me pilot (planetary) rolls against 3eD.

    Where are we going?

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Nuun

    "Seth, you know this rock? Just tell me which way to go!"

    Geth roll 2eP+2eA+3eD for Driving speeder
    Linked the roster post in my sig. Let me know when you guys update your Drive player sheets/PDF and I'll update the links there, just did mine.

    And one of my best skills...terrible roll. Welcome to dice!

    Driving speeder:
    2eP+2eA+3eD 1 success, 1 threat [2eP=S/S, -] [2eA=S, A/A] [3eD=Th, F/Th, F/Th]

    Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther glances up at the rapidly falling Star Destroyer. There was no way this was going to end well.

    "Move faster. We must move faster."

  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Keo

    "I'm doing my best! I haven't been allowed to drive one of these since training!"

    Geth roll 4eA+3eD for Driving a Speeder

    Driving a Speeder:
    4eA+3eD 3 successes, 3 threat [4eA=S/S, S, S, -] [3eD=Th, Th, F/Th]

    Khildith on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Nuun

    Seeing the looming ship above, Nuun slammed down the accelerator, pushing the speeder faster than it had gone in its previous Imperial duty.
    Geth roll 2eP+2eA+3eD for Full Throttle (Max speed +1 for 3 rounds)

    Full Throttle (Max speed +1:
    2eP+2eA+3eD 3 successes, 1 threat [2eP=S/S, S] [2eA=S/S, A] [3eD=F, F/Th, Th]

    Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Keo and Nuun
    That's a lot of threat we're racking up. Let's see what we can do with it.

    All

    The speeders slammed through the gate and out into the jungle. A rough path had been carved into the mountainside, inhospitible to tracks or wheels, but perfectly suitable for repulsorlift vehicles. Weaving in and out between the great trees of the jungle, the trail moved as directly away from the outpost as was possible given the terrain.

    Nuun's speeder pulled out in front of Keo's, inexorably putting distance between the two craft. Pushed to their limits, the speeders sputtered uncertainly, implying that perhaps the maintenance crew hadn't kept the machines in as high a state of repair as protocol called for. Running at these speeds for long periods ran the very real risk of adding an exploding vehicle to the chaos of the moment.

    Over the wind generated by the speeding craft, enormous crashes could be heard in the canopy. Wreckage, sometimes identifiable as a specific piece of once-space-worthy hardware, slammed into the great trees, easily snapping man-thick branches and showering the forest floor with smoking bits of tree and spaceship. A thunderous crack sounded from ahead on the path and a gigantic tree, with a diameter roughly the same as the length of one of the speeders, was impacted by a huge chunk of smoking metal, shearing the trunk 8 meters from the ground. With a palpable sense of inertia, the upper 90% of the great tree chased the artificial meteorite that had impacted it onto the trail.
    Give me some pilot checks against 3eD+2eC to push your ill-tuned speeders out of the way of the falling tree.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Keo

    Slamming the steering hard to the left, Keo tried to dodge the falling obstacle while still maintaining control.
    Geth roll 4eA+3eD+2eC for trying not to crash!

    trying not to crash!:
    4eA+3eD+2eC 2 failures, 1 threat [4eA=-, S, A/A, -] [3eD=Th, -, F/Th] [2eC=F/Th, F]

    Steelhawk
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Nuun

    Nuun swerved his speeder, trying to stay out of the way of the massive tree making its way to the ground.
    Geth roll 2eP+2eA+3eD+2eC for Avoiding being crushed

    PS - Skilled Jockey only removes Setback dice. :(

    Avoiding being crushed:
    2eP+2eA+3eD+2eC 0 successes [2eP=S/A, S] [2eA=S, A] [3eD=F, F/Th, F] [2eC=Th, -]

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Shazbot.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    This seems like a prime opportunity to rail against a part of this game that I admit I do not fully understand. Why is it so hard to Push something in this game? I assume the same question applies to a number of Force powers, but to me the Move power seems very expensive.

    Does a player really need a force rating of 4 in order to push a tree out of the way? Fully investing in at least three specializations to get the oomph they need to be able to buy enough Talents and use Force Move effectively? That...that seems like a lot.

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Well, it does seem to be a rather large bit of tree

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Size matters not

    Steelhawk
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Well, if anyone has some secret trick they'd like to pull, now's probably the time. Otherwise I'm going to get to narrating this bit and figuring out how to turn what was going to be an exciting faux chase scene in the forest into anything besides certain death.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Well I'm pretty Keo will survive, but good luck to you losers! No but seriously I've got nothin'.

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Maybe....maybe? I have no idea.

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
1568101113
Sign In or Register to comment.