Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Dragon Fin Soup

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Dragon Fin Soup

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Dragon Fin Soup. You can watch the full length version of this episode here.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• llaunayllaunay Registered User new member
    OH man, the defeated 'sigh' followed by the knowing silent gesture says it all. Hilarious.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I had the same reaction as Mike when I tried this. I think I might just have too many game mechanics stored in my brain to add another one. Maybe if I got rid of how to play Nethack or Dwarf Fortress I could stand giving it a shot, but these days my ability to learn the idiosyncrasies of Roguelikes and such is severely atrophied.

• beetnemesisbeetnemesis Registered User regular
    I think another of my problems with First 15 is that it's much more fun to watch these guys liking a game than disliking it.

I was a big fan of them streaming AC4, and that was because you could tell they enjoyed playing it.

With a lot of First 15, they're not enjoying it. Sometimes it's because the game is bad, sometimes it's because (shock!) the tutorial of a game is usually not its most entertaining part.

And then, if they do happen to find a game they like... it's over in 15 minutes. And we'll never see them playing it again.

• dennisdennis Registered User regular
    And then, if they do happen to find a game they like... it's over in 15 minutes. And we'll never see them playing it again.

I think First 15 serves another niche. Sometimes it's hilarious to watch them play a bad game, like that Cabela's one. I almost hurt myself laughing at that one. But it also helps as kind of a shorter form of "Let's Play". I started playing Massive Chalice after having watched their First 15 of it. I also have Counterspy on my list after having watched them playing it. However, I wouldn't watch to watch a really long stream of them playing those games, as I'd want to discover most of the game content on my own. So it's neat to have this kind of sampler thing going.

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    That's too bad. They seemed like nice folks but I like what was said about working hard and how sometimes it's still a mess. Nice job with that one.

ufq9gj8383nh.png