As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

its been ten minutes [chat]

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Thank you Seattle for the gift of Ivars, and never having to eat Long John Silver's.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Guys @nexuscrawler asked me this morning if I want to do a thing to celebrate leaving my job (last day is Saturday omg)

Thus far the only thing I've come up with is like "imax star wars" but idk yinz are way more ambitious than me should I be like "steak AND caviar biotch!!" or ...

no imax star wars sounds perfect, just make him wear that slave leia getup

This was a foregone conclusion, what else would he wear, like, ever

people would get confused and think it was a wookie/slave leia cosplay mashup

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Pandemic is definitely only co-op by fiat

I mean the phone app is a single player game and is entirely the same as the board game.

It's a complex enough set of decisions that more heads is better than one person, which is where the cooperation comes in. If you're good enough to win without anyone's help, cooperation is unnecessary. It's just a puzzle; you can work together to solve it but it isn't required

In terms of design, I like cooperative games that actually require cooperation.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    We don't have a captain D's, and our LJS is a combination KFC

the fact that, where you live, you are going to any fastfood seafood place is an insult
    you are closer to our beautiful oil splattered coast than I am!

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    hmm

today i have consumed

1 Twix Bar and 1 can of Mountain Dew for breakfast

1 thing of mozzarella sticks from arby's (donation from coworker), 1 bag of M&Ms and 1 can of Mountain Dew for lunch

jesus

I'm running on a bottle of lactose free milk, a bag of bacon jerky, and about 2 oz of peanuts and a salad.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    my fondest board gaming memory is still playing one night ultimate werewolf in boston.

spool32 and I were werewolves.

We kept accusing each other of being werewolves.

We won.

in fairness to the villagers, we were all wrecked and I didn't understand the rules.

This sounds ideal for a lying to your friends game

I was pretty drunk too. Actually so was spool.

was anyone there sober?

The point is, is that no one had an edge

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    HASAKE, SYRIA—When archaeologist Edward Whitson joined a Penn State University dig in Hasake last year, he did so to participate in the excavation of a Late Bronze Age settlement rich in pottery shards and clay figurines. Whitson had hoped to determine whether the items contained within the site were primarily Persian or Assyrian in origin.

Instead, he found himself fleeing giant flying demon-cats as he ran through the temple's cavernous halls, jumping from ledge to ledge while locked in a desperate struggle for his life and soul for what seemed like the thousandth time in his 27-year career.

"All I wanted to do was study the settlement's remarkably well-preserved kiln," said the 58-year-old Whitson, carefully recoiling the rope he had just used to clamber out of a pit filled with giant rats. "I didn't want to be chased by yet another accursed manifestation of an ancient god-king's wrath."

Over the course of his career, Whitson has been frequently lauded by colleagues for his thorough, methodical examinations of ancient peoples. He has also been chased by the snake-bodied ophidian women of Al'lat in Israel, hunted down by Mayan coyote specters manifested out of lost time and shadow in the Yucatan, and hounded by the Arctic-sky-filling Walrus Bone Woman of the early Inuits.

"It's true, I've got to stop reading the inscriptions on ancient door seals out loud," Whitson said. "I also need to quit dusting off medallions set into strange sarcophagi, allowing the light to hit them for the first time in centuries. And replacing the jewels that have fallen from the foreheads of ancient frog-deity statues—that's just bad archaeological practice."

Whitson added that he hopes one day to excavate an ancient Egyptian monastery or marketplace without hearing the ear-splitting shrieks of the undead while being swarmed by green-glowing carnivorous stink beetles.

"I realize I'm entering grounds that are considered sacred to these people," Whitson said. "But that doesn't mean I deserve to be pelted with poison-tipped darts shot from cavern walls. A simple 'Do Not Enter' sign in hieroglyphics would suffice."

Turning to the subject of his latest incident at a dig site in Peru, Whitson maintains he was not at fault for summoning the forces of evil.

"I was just idly rearranging flint sickle blades that had already been catalogued. Apparently, I spelled out the true name of a long-dead god-priest," Whitson said. "Can't a man even clean up his work area without inadvertently conjuring up a pack of lightning-breathing ocelots?"

Making matters worse, such encounters have had little to no scientific value.

"It's always, 'I will drink your soul' or 'I will chew the flesh from your bones' with these hellish apparitions," Whitson said. "When I ask them if that means the ancient Etruscans did, in fact, add copper to their mixing clay to make their urns more sturdy, they don't even seem to hear me."

Worn down by nearly three decades of peril, Whitson said he plans to move off the front lines to become a museum curator or in-office researcher.

"It's unfortunate," Whitson said. "Nothing quite compares to being out in the field on an actual dig. But the reality is, I'm really starting to hate almost getting killed all the time."

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I bought the Undertale.

I'll probably start it tonight.

• Options
    I would rip someone's head off to drink some soda though

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Hmm I accidentally beat all the games I needed to play too fast and I'm p sure nothing else I care about comes out until the new Fire Emblem.

And that isn't for over a month.

I believe I have goofed.

HALP ME CHAT.

get p10 to gift you undertale

It's not my kind of game.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    They never use the funner marks so you never see spellings like ǃXoon, ǂ’Amkoe, ǃGãǃne, or ǁXegwi.

dammit lud after I put so much effrot into getting you drunk!

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    my fondest board gaming memory is still playing one night ultimate werewolf in boston.

We won.

I'm pretty sure I remember this.

I couldn't keep my face straight, I just walked away.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    hmm

today i have consumed

1 thing of mozzarella sticks from arby's (donation from coworker), 1 bag of M&Ms and 1 can of Mountain Dew for lunch

jesus

I'm running on a bottle of lactose free milk, a bag of bacon jerky, and about 2 oz of peanuts and a salad.

I ate an actual lunch today (gyro) so of course my esophagus is punishing me with acid and making me feel bad. Minimal/candy lunch seems like the way to go :(

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

We won.

how about when I suicided in Lifeboat?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    We don't have a captain D's, and our LJS is a combination KFC

the fact that, where you live, you are going to any fastfood seafood place is an insult
    you are closer to our beautiful oil splattered coast than I am!

Look, I partake of the local seafood OFTEN. The problem is, no one that cooks local seafood understands the simplicity of a wet batter. It's all panko or corn flour.

Sometimes you just want a wet batter

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Hmm I accidentally beat all the games I needed to play too fast and I'm p sure nothing else I care about comes out until the new Fire Emblem.

I believe I have goofed.

HALP ME CHAT.

the perfect way to get him to gift it to you

im onto you you rogue

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Guys @nexuscrawler asked me this morning if I want to do a thing to celebrate leaving my job (last day is Saturday omg)

Thus far the only thing I've come up with is like "imax star wars" but idk yinz are way more ambitious than me should I be like "steak AND caviar biotch!!" or ...

no imax star wars sounds perfect, just make him wear that slave leia getup

This was a foregone conclusion, what else would he wear, like, ever

people would get confused and think it was a wookie/slave leia cosplay mashup

This is perhaps not entirely unintentional

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/07/travel/places-to-visit.html

hrm

i got the itch

but i ain't got the unlim vacay no more

hm

all these places to go

at some point before i am too old i should say fuck it and just travel a lot

ah the world is so big

so many places to go!

poo
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    hmm

today i have consumed

Sounds like someone is ready to teabag noobs in CoD.

• Options
    hmm

today i have consumed

Sounds like someone is ready to teabag noobs in CoD.

um excuuuuuse me i play halo bro get it right gosh

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    Hmm, I must say more agreeable things.

Some people enjoy love.

Reported

N-no!

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    hmm

today i have consumed

jesus

I ate an actual lunch today (gyro) so of course my esophagus is punishing me with acid and making me feel bad. Minimal/candy lunch seems like the way to go :(

I hope they figure that nonsense out.

I'm doing this to myself by trying to be low-carb. The food is easy, I don't really enjoy bread, cereal, or rice (aside from pizza). It's the soda. A nice cool glass of pepsi. I mean, theoretically I could fit one of those mini cans into this diet, and leave myself no room for anything else, but I feel like that's cheating.

I'll probably end up having a cheat day every so often though.

• Options
    *teabags Stacey*

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I particularly enjoyed the bizarre "Here's some good looking fish by the way eat at Long John SIlver's" commercials from a year or two ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fTAFvvg1Yo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4PkXEbY3i8

• Options
    Still, not being able to eat because of stomach issues has got to suck.

• Options

We won.

kingmaking sonova..........

• Options
    also that was hilarious

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I believe I have goofed.

HALP ME CHAT.

i'm not sure he cares about that

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I suspect this is because my proton pump inhibitors ran out, so I haven't taken them for a few days and I haven't gotten my prescription refilled yet. They come by mail so hopefully they'll be waiting when I get home, and then I will be basically ok, albeit with mystery lack of appetite sometimes.

credeiki on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    hmm

today i have consumed

jesus

I hope they figure that nonsense out.

I'm doing this to myself by trying to be low-carb. The food is easy, I don't really enjoy bread, cereal, or rice (aside from pizza). It's the soda. A nice cool glass of pepsi. I mean, theoretically I could fit one of those mini cans into this diet, and leave myself no room for anything else, but I feel like that's cheating.

I'll probably end up having a cheat day every so often though.

This is what I had to do. Once a week I cheat. Otherwise I would just go right off the wagon.

• Options
    I didn't know you were a ghostbuster credeiki

how do you keep the ghosts contained without a proton pump

• Options
    But also I seem to value drinking coffee over being able to eat consistently; probably if I cut out the acid provided by my coffee in the morning, I would do better. But life would not be worth living (unless I took some other stimulant, but I couldn't without losing my job).

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

We won.

i dont think i got to play lifeboat.
    i never get to play lifeboat.
    :(

• Options

I suspect this is because my proton pump inhibitors ran out, so I haven't taken them for a few days and I haven't gotten my prescription refilled yet. They come by mail so hopefully they'll be waiting when I get home, and then I will be basically ok, albeit with mystery lack of appetite sometimes.

Are you on protonix/omeprazole or something? My g/f gets SUPER bad heartburn when she's off hers because of a hiatal hernia.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

We won.

i dont think i got to play lifeboat.
    i never get to play lifeboat.
    :(

I'm pretty sure that game was you, me, sloth, and nexus

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    You need to let me know next time you and chelle are heading to ATL so you can and have lunch or something.
    I will show you the world shining shimmering splendid places that won't make you regret stopping in the Gump

Bless your heart.
  • Options

Are you on protonix/omeprazole or something? My g/f gets SUPER bad heartburn when she's off hers because of a hiatal hernia.

Omeprazole I think. I also have a hiatal hernia, although it is unclear if that is what was causing the whole thing. Probably (embarrassingly) stress-related as well. But stress has decreased so we'll see whether acid decreases over the next couple months as well.

• Options
    I find it interesting how many folks I know that take regular medication. Folks I wouldn't have thought of at all.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if my default state may be improved with medication. Would this sort of low level apathy I have be different on some sort of thing? I dunno. I used to think better living through chemistry was bullshit. All Tom Cruise style. But now I'm wiser and wonder if there are problems I may have that I don't even really consider problems.

• Options
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    But also I seem to value drinking coffee over being able to eat consistently; probably if I cut out the acid provided by my coffee in the morning, I would do better. But life would not be worth living (unless I took some other stimulant, but I couldn't without losing my job).

Coffee isn't even the best caffeine-delivery mechanism. Even cold-brew coffee is superior, if you have stomach acidity issues.

This discussion has been closed.