Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[GAME OVER - Camarilla Victory] Vampire: TPM, Final Night: The Curtain's Descent

13468981

Posts

  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    This...this is really fucking confusing. So, Grundl is a special, and we are electing him to be prince. Meanwhile, Spectre is also a special, but we don't trust him as much. So the two seers and the guardians should protect and seer them, but because the guardians and the seers don't know each other, it's likely that the same person will be seered and guarded twice.

    Am I in the ballpark?

    Spectre's claiming not to be a special, he's just a run o' the mill Toreador.

    Not a very poetic Toreador, though.

    I recall his mention of painting, but that is splitting hairs. In the argument I mean, I have never come across a barber Toreador.
    I could see hairstyling being somewhat of an art. Senor Fish? :P

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    the rules wrote:
    The Nosferatu may PM me once per evening with the player they would like seered, and this will reveal that Kindred's clan and/or affiliation. Be warned: not all clans are as they seem.

    looks like there's 2+ nosferatu and they get one seering total per night.

    Serpent on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    !TehSpectre, as long as he's behind Grundl and ahead of me, I'm in the back of the bus.

    EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Well since I have no earthly idea what the current vote count is for election at the moment, I will go on the assumption Grundl is winning by a good margin and !retract my vote for myself, and place a !vote for TehSpectre.

    After your vote I have myself at 14 and TehSpectre at 5.

    Edit: 6 now with EBM's vote.

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited April 2007
    cj wrote:
    The Gangrel may guard one player per evening. The priority is as follows:


    Kill Priority
    Guardians > Kuei-Jin > Assamites > Sabbat > Prince > Camarilla

    If the Gangrel himself is targeted, he will die, but the Kindred under his protection will survive.
    The Gangrel can not protect himself, only others.

    This seems to indicate to me that we only have one guardian. If we have two, I guess the one in contact with TehSpectre should guard him and the other should guard Grundl.

    Also, how many seers do we have? Even if we have more than one, they won't be able to coordinate who to seer. Also, even if one seers Grundl and the other seers TehSpectre, since they aren't in contact with one another they won't know for certain if the person they didn't seer is innocent.

    Right now I'm much more inclined to trust Grundl than TehSpectre, and I he is the one who should be elected and guarded tonight. I don't know what to do about TehSpectre...he was very smart last game, so I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't who he says he is and is trying to pull something.

    I !vote Grundlterror for Prince

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Seering will definitely help clear things up.

    As far as I understand it, Grundl is only special in regards to that he and his clan know of each other. A semi-network, if you will, as one might be Sabbat. (If I understand that correctly.)

    !vote Grundlterror

    For staking..I don't know yet.

    Shamus on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Prince:
    Grundlterror - 14
    TehSpectre - 5
    PsycoLarry1 - 1
    Locus - 1
    Kilnaga - 1
    EvilBadman - 1
    Ardor - 1

    Staking:
    TehSpectre - 3
    V2-Gundam - 1
    Digger Dude - 1
    Ardor - 1
    Gnasty - 1

    I think that's the current total. As of post 199

    Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    No one's contested Grundl's claim to be Ventrue, so I'll !retract my vote for Grundl and !vote for Grundl.

    Cantide on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Serpent wrote: »
    the rules wrote:
    The Nosferatu may PM me once per evening with the player they would like seered, and this will reveal that Kindred's clan and/or affiliation. Be warned: not all clans are as they seem.

    looks like there's 2+ nosferatu and they get one seering total per night.
    Are you sure this doesn't mean they each send in a person for seering? That wouldn't make sense unless they knew eachother. And I am somewhat certain that they do not. How could they vote to seer the same person?

    You are really trying to get me killed, aren't you?

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Shamus wrote: »
    Seering will definitely help clear things up.

    As far as I understand it, Grundl is only special in regards to that he and his clan know of each other. A semi-network, if you will, as one might be Sabbat. (If I understand that correctly.)

    !vote Grundlterror

    For staking..I don't know yet.

    Members of Ventrue can not be baddies, I've gotten this confirmed by CJ.

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    This...this is really fucking confusing. So, Grundl is a special, and we are electing him to be prince. Meanwhile, Spectre is also a special, but we don't trust him as much. So the two seers and the guardians should protect and seer them, but because the guardians and the seers don't know each other, it's likely that the same person will be seered and guarded twice.

    Am I in the ballpark?

    Spectre's claiming not to be a special, he's just a run o' the mill Toreador.

    Not a very poetic Toreador, though.

    I recall his mention of painting, but that is splitting hairs. In the argument I mean, I have never come across a barber Toreador.
    I could see hairstyling being somewhat of an art. Senor Fish? :P
    Yeah, I need a haircut.

    Gorilla Salad on
    Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just re-read the signup thread. Nosferatu do not know eachother.

    Gorilla Salad on
    Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't know if it matters, but cj mentioned that there were Antitribu in this game. From what I've read, that would mean Sabbat with Camarilla clans or vice versa.

    I don't know what information the Nosferatu get, but if you only get their clan (even it comes up as a match to what they say), they could still be dangerous, yes? (Assuming they check out Grundl and Spectre)

    Celebrim on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited April 2007
    WHAT THE HELL. Why do I have two votes already? I was killed the first night in the mole by the bad guys, and then the second round of the space phalla by the good guys. I will be very unhappy if you guys kill me again so early in the game. It's just not nice. Since we're throwing out votes for no reason, I !vote Squashua because he is incredibly irritating.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Celebrim wrote: »
    I don't know if it matters, but cj mentioned that there were Antitribu in this game. From what I've read, that would mean Sabbat with Camarilla clans or vice versa.

    I don't know what information the Nosferatu get, but if you only get their clan (even it comes up as a match to what they say), they could still be dangerous, yes?

    Unless you are in one of the two families, they do not have any Antitribu.

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    I just re-read the signup thread. Nosferatu do not know eachother.
    Serpent, first you tried to call me a liar over the Gangrel thing, and now this. Why is it you seem to want me dead so badly?

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Serpent wrote: »
    the rules wrote:
    The Nosferatu may PM me once per evening with the player they would like seered, and this will reveal that Kindred's clan and/or affiliation. Be warned: not all clans are as they seem.

    looks like there's 2+ nosferatu and they get one seering total per night.
    Are you sure this doesn't me they each send in a person for seering? That wouldn't make sense unless they knew eachother. And I am somewhat certain that they do not. How could they vote to seer the same person?

    You are really trying to get me killed, aren't you?

    errr... this was just a rules analysis post, not contesting what you were saying...

    if they could seer more than one person per night, it should say
    "The nosferatu may PM me once per evening with the players they would like seered"

    or

    "Each nosferatu may pm me once per evening with"

    or

    "The nosferatue may each PM me once per evening"

    there are SO MANY places to make this sentence clear if they get more than one seering that I'm going to go with only one seering per night unless CJ clears it up.

    Serpent on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Shamus wrote: »
    Seering will definitely help clear things up.

    As far as I understand it, Grundl is only special in regards to that he and his clan know of each other. A semi-network, if you will, as one might be Sabbat. (If I understand that correctly.)

    !vote Grundlterror

    For staking..I don't know yet.

    Members of Ventrue can not be baddies, I've gotten this confirmed by CJ.

    Villains, no, but oh the coincidence of our Prince of Ventrue blood, it is poetic indeed. To say they are bred for such a position would under evaluate their clan.

    EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I mean, we can either go with what CJ wrote, or what he meant.

    since we don't know what he meant, we can only go with what he wrote, which suggests more than one guardian (guardians), and more than one nosferatu with only one seering.

    edit: until he clarifies.

    Serpent on
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Shamus wrote: »
    Seering will definitely help clear things up.

    As far as I understand it, Grundl is only special in regards to that he and his clan know of each other. A semi-network, if you will, as one might be Sabbat. (If I understand that correctly.)

    !vote Grundlterror

    For staking..I don't know yet.

    Members of Ventrue can not be baddies, I've gotten this confirmed by CJ.

    Villains, no, but oh the coincidence of our Prince of Ventrue blood, it is poetic indeed. To say they are bred for such a position would under evaluate their clan.

    If Ventrue brown-nosing was cause enough for a staking, I'd gladly be first in line with stake in hand.

    Kilnaga on
    † We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are.†
    DS Friend Code: 2680-9293-7063
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Rules Question:

    Are the number of seers and guardians intentionally being kept secret? Are the seers in contact with one another (same with the guardians)? If an antitribu is seered does the seer now know if they are Camarilla or Sabbat?

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thanks Gnasty, I guess I should have just asked cj :)

    Celebrim on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If we do only get one seering, who do we want to seer tonight? Do we want to kill off one of my family members (which would kind of be a waste, but would verify me)? I know just trusting me because no one has said that they are Ventrue and I am not in his clan is a bit of a stretch in these games.... but it's up to you guys. I suggest that we seer TehSpectre first, because if he is who he says he is (and because of his performance last game) he could be a huge asset to our network.

    However, what if he is just one of the Antitribu? He could be banking on the fact that he'll do something nuts like this and everyone acts like "Oh, well he wouldn't do anything that crazy if he was a baddie." Then he gets seered and comes up in a good clan, and then we all accept him into our network. What do you guys think of this risk?

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    player breakdown analysis:
    the rules wrote:
    Population
    35 Camarilla (23 standard, 12 special)
    8 Sabbat
    2 Assamites
    1 Giovanni
    1 Kuei-Jin

    47 total players
    16-24+ Camarilla

    4-6+ Sabbat

    4-6 Family - Ventrue/Tremere, only within their respective clan(2-3 of each).

    2-4 Seers - Nosferatu/Malkavian(limited) (2 of each)

    1-2 Guardians/Gangrel

    1-2 Vigilantes/Assamites

    1 Giovanni

    2 guardians, 2 nosferatu, 2 malkavian, 3 ventrue, 3 tremere make 12 special camarilla.

    Serpent on
  • telcustelcus Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Hai I'm a Vampyre olol.

    Man, Phalla's move way too fast in the first couple of days. Time to start from Page 1 and see whats going on.

    telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If we do only get one seering, who do we want to seer tonight? Do we want to kill off one of my family members (which would kind of be a waste, but would verify me)? I know just trusting me because no one has said that they are Ventrue and I am not in his clan is a bit of a stretch in these games.... but it's up to you guys. I suggest that we seer TehSpectre first, because if he is who he says he is (and because of his performance last game) he could be a huge asset to our network.

    However, what if he is just one of the Antitribu? He could be banking on the fact that he'll do something nuts like this and everyone acts like "Oh, well he wouldn't do anything that crazy if he was a baddie." Then he gets seered and comes up in a good clan, and then we all accept him into our network. What do you guys think of this risk?

    I think we should be very careful of trusting someone just because nobody else came forward -- this is how devoutley apathetic messed with us back in Soviet Phalla, he claimed to be a special and the real special didn't come forward.

    I think the way to go would be to keep the network with degrees of seperation and code words/patterns, such that tehspectre would only ever be in contact with one person. For example, voting a certain way in a day would be a signal to certain other members of the network that you are that person.

    Serpent on
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm sure seering Spectre will return an answer of Toreador. There is absolutely no way to check if he is or is not an antitribu. I can deal with him in the position of Seneschal, but I'm rather opposed to handing him our vigilante kill.

    Kilnaga on
    † We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are.†
    DS Friend Code: 2680-9293-7063
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Serpent wrote: »
    If we do only get one seering, who do we want to seer tonight? Do we want to kill off one of my family members (which would kind of be a waste, but would verify me)? I know just trusting me because no one has said that they are Ventrue and I am not in his clan is a bit of a stretch in these games.... but it's up to you guys. I suggest that we seer TehSpectre first, because if he is who he says he is (and because of his performance last game) he could be a huge asset to our network.

    However, what if he is just one of the Antitribu? He could be banking on the fact that he'll do something nuts like this and everyone acts like "Oh, well he wouldn't do anything that crazy if he was a baddie." Then he gets seered and comes up in a good clan, and then we all accept him into our network. What do you guys think of this risk?

    I think we should be very careful of trusting someone just because nobody else came forward -- this is how devoutley apathetic messed with us back in Soviet Phalla, he claimed to be a special and the real special didn't come forward.

    I think the way to go would be to keep the network with degrees of seperation and code words/patterns, such that tehspectre would only ever be in contact with one person. For example, voting a certain way in a day would be a signal to certain other members of the network that you are that person.

    However, in this case if I am lying we would have 3 people who could come forward and prove me wrong.

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would like to make note:

    If someone PMs you asking for a role PM to prove you are who you say you are, do not give it up! If CJ didn't give the Sabbat or the other ddes the same PMs as us, it would easily be used to prove that they are of the same clan as others.

    Play smart guys.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Serpent wrote: »
    If we do only get one seering, who do we want to seer tonight? Do we want to kill off one of my family members (which would kind of be a waste, but would verify me)? I know just trusting me because no one has said that they are Ventrue and I am not in his clan is a bit of a stretch in these games.... but it's up to you guys. I suggest that we seer TehSpectre first, because if he is who he says he is (and because of his performance last game) he could be a huge asset to our network.

    However, what if he is just one of the Antitribu? He could be banking on the fact that he'll do something nuts like this and everyone acts like "Oh, well he wouldn't do anything that crazy if he was a baddie." Then he gets seered and comes up in a good clan, and then we all accept him into our network. What do you guys think of this risk?

    I think we should be very careful of trusting someone just because nobody else came forward -- this is how devoutley apathetic messed with us back in Soviet Phalla, he claimed to be a special and the real special didn't come forward.

    I think the way to go would be to keep the network with degrees of seperation and code words/patterns, such that tehspectre would only ever be in contact with one person. For example, voting a certain way in a day would be a signal to certain other members of the network that you are that person.

    However, in this case if I am lying we would have 3 people who could come forward and prove me wrong.

    I personally don't think trusting you is a bit of a stretch.

    Serpent on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Warning - Lengthy Post Ahead:

    We have a few ideas thrown out right now:

    1) Grundlterror creates a network based on seer-ings and defending the exposed networkers

    The benefit in this is that it links up the people very quickly. Assuming that he doesn't recieve multiple Pm's from people claiming to be each special, and all of the specials are active. Remember, this will probably prove to be a short game, and no doubt that the Sabbat would be willing to sacrafice a member or two to stall for time while all of us are getting slaughtered. That's the downside, doubly so because among the few players who haven't chimed in yet, (9 at my last count) there could very well be a special or two. If that many players are inactive, we can also be sure that it wouldn't be safe to replace them with alternates who would be killed off quickly by the bad guys, who would assume that they recieved the lone special positions among the multitude of people who dropped out.

    2) Both guardians protect eachother, and one or both expose themselves as the guardian, forming a network.

    I think that this plan might have a little more danger to it than initially supposed. Suppose both guardians recieve multiple PM's from people claiming to be the seer. They would have no way of verifying that either of them is telling the truth other than doing something that would result in the true seer dying.

    I'm not sure right now, but I'm inclined to trust the first idea a bit more.

    I !Vote for Grundlterror

    Now who to execute? I'm still not sure yet.

    Plutonium on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I !vote for Gundlterror, because I refuse to believe all 3 real ventrue are inactive.

    Also, damn tehspectre what were you thinking? You come out day one, say you've set up a proboard for the network and all specials should PM you with their roles in order to gain access AND ask to be elected prince and protected. Nevermind that fact that nearly all of the specials are impossible to verify without seering them, and you haven't been confirmed at all. I !vote for tehspectre

    Last Son on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If we don't vote for execution twice, do we get kicked out even if we vote for Prince? Because I don't think I could kill anyone tonight.

    Gorilla Salad on
    Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've just got undeniable confirmation that there 2 guardians.

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    For now I will !vote for Grundlterror since it's the best plan we got right now.

    As for tonight's staking, I'm still unsure.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • telcustelcus Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Wait, why are we voting to kill TehSpectre, because he wants to be the prince? o_O

    telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    telcus wrote: »
    Wait, why are we voting to kill TehSpectre, because he wants to be the prince? o_O

    We do not allow the poor people to become royality.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    telcus wrote: »
    Wait, why are we voting to kill TehSpectre, because he wants to be the prince? o_O

    No, because he wants every good special to contact him and reveal their role.

    Last Son on
  • telcustelcus Registered User
    edited April 2007
    I've just got undeniable confirmation that there 2 guardians.

    And does this undeniable confirmation include the mechanics of their protection? I.E. is it 2 protections per night, 1 protection per night for the both of them to reach a unanimous verdict, or 1 protection that rotates between them?

    telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    telcus wrote: »
    Wait, why are we voting to kill TehSpectre, because he wants to be the prince? o_O

    No, because he wants every good special to contact him and reveal their role.
    I never said this. I wanted to be elected prince and then seered.

    Specials have contacted me however.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
Sign In or Register to comment.