As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME OVER - Camarilla Victory] Vampire: TPM, Final Night: The Curtain's Descent

• tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Serpent wrote: »
    Dead Prediction:
    Serpent
    tofu
    Unearthly

that kinda goes with the pattern of the last few days.

ass+sabat kill on tofu?

There was no reason for the assamite to kill me, but we can hope he wasted it anyway.

tofu on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There should be two votes for me. Bliss 101 and myself.

Locus on
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    My advice for the villagers is to stake GrimmyTOA, it was Ardor's last suggestion before he died and I agree with him. Grimmy is a smart guy and he's laid way too low this entire game.

Grimmy was one of my pics for assamite 2-3 nights ago.

Serpent on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    V2-Gundam wrote: »
    Why, won't your execution vote go through?

Serpent killed Unearthly Stew and I.

tofu on
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

Yah, you wish i was the sabat.

Serpent on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It just seemed fitting to say on the eve of my death. Funny that the Caitiffs commanded the full bloods.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited April 2007
    If it's any consolation Serpent, I always loved you. It's more of a death pact thing on my end.

Edit: Double post, should I go for triple?

Unearthly Stew on
    edited April 2007
    I love you too unearthly. I hope you had a good breakfast, because tonight, we dine in hades!

Serpent on
  • BitterOldManBitterOldMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dead Prediction:
    Serpent
    tofu
    Unearthly

that kinda goes with the pattern of the last few days.

ass+sabat kill on tofu?

yep - I think the Sabbat and Ass will cross paths again....

BitterOldMan on
    edited April 2007

Yah we do :) But I think the death roster will be quite revealing won't it Serp?

BitterOldMan on
    edited April 2007

Yah we do :) But I think the death roster will be quite revealing won't it Serp?

Eh, i said it awhile ago and I'll say it again. Just keep killing brujah (including me) till the sabat are dead.

Serpent on
    edited April 2007
    And I will triple-post...this has been a blast - an excellent game! Thank you CJ for the excellent narration. Excellent!

(Ok I grew up on Bill and Ted...anyone know what I mean?)

BitterOldMan on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Worry not, I have arrived to impart the full weight of my ineffectual impact.

Frosteey on
    edited April 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »

And where have you been, and what's that on your hands - is that blood and ashes? *backs away*

BitterOldMan on
    edited April 2007
    It's is! Guards!!!

Unearthly Stew on
    edited April 2007

And where have you been, and what's that on your hands - is that blood and ashes? *backs away*

I had some ice cream in the parlor.

Frosteey on
    edited April 2007

This is very important. How you answer this will determine if you live or die today.
    What flavor?

BitterOldMan on
    edited April 2007
    By 'ice cream' he means a frozen treat.

And by 'parlor' he means a room to entertain people.

Wait, I think I was supposed to change something there... :(

Unearthly Stew on
    edited April 2007

This is very important. How you answer this will determine if you live or die today.
    What flavor?

Which 'today' are we speaking about? The one I've already missed?

Frosteey on
    edited April 2007

What flavor?

Which 'today' are we speaking about? The one I've already missed?

You are avoiding the question. Why are you avoiding the question? I am of course speaking of whether you live or die this next round. Had you just answered Chocalate I could have let you live.

!Frosteey

BitterOldMan on
    edited April 2007
    hey, works for me.

!die Frosteey

Serpent on
    edited April 2007
    Oh, I just realized that I get to go to the phalla chat after tonight. It's like getting into an exclusive club!

Unearthly Stew on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The last member of the Sabbat pack was understandably short on options. The Brujah had neither the call of the shadows or the might of the Fiends at his call.

All Serpent could rely on was his cunning in evading the Camarilla until he could serve every last one of the fools their final death.

Considering that the remaining Kindred had decided that Serpent was to meet his, that seemed like an unlikely occurence.

The creature glanced up to the balcony from which Tofu and Unearthly Stew awaited the creature's fate.

"If you have any last words, traitor," the Prince offered, in a stately tone, "you may want to deliver them now."

Serpent seemed to give this thought, appraising the situation with a glance to the imposing arsenal of guns levelled at his head, before the Brujah reached into his jacket, retrieving the last gift the Kindred would ever use.

The Antitribu's movement came so quickly, that none had seen the grenade's effortless toss into the duo's location above.

Considering that the resulting explosion destroyed the Prince, his Seneschal, and a good portion of the museum's interior, the gathering didn't need to have the nature of their deaths explained. The sounds of the firing guns that came an instant later almost drowned out the collapse of the wall where the balcony had been, and Serpent was no more.

Locus lowered his gun, and came forward to survey the handful of Kindred remaining. "The Sabbat are finished. Assamite, reveal yourself, and we can put a stop to this."

"In good time, Camarilla. Your blood's deliverance comes first."

Bliss 101 glanced down as the dagger pierced his chest, obliterating his heart and crumbling his body to ash from there on out. The Brujah had taken final death rather well, considering it only had a second to be aware it had even happened.

The Kindred turned, guns leveled to the space from where the assassin had struck, but there was nothing to be found.

My story draws to a close, friend, but the telling of the finale will take time.
    The end is near, I assure you.

Results
    tofu, Camarilla Caitiff, killed by Sabbat
    Unearthly Stew, Camarilla Caitiff, killed by Sabbat
    Bliss 101, Camarilla Brujah, killed by Assamite
    Serpent, Sabbat Brujah Antitribu, killed by mob

Prince - Locus
    Seneschal - V2-Gundam

Vote ends at 9:00 PM.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited April 2007
    !Frosteey? Ice Cream? Conspiracy?

Unearthly Stew on
    edited April 2007
    Be gone Sabbat!

BitterOldMan on
  • V2-GundamV2-Gundam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So who is still alive?

V2-Gundam on
    Stand Up To the Victory!
    edited April 2007
    Well, I suppose I actually will die tonight...
    So who is still alive?

Myself, the one I am addressing this to, GrimmyTOA, Locus, and the faux Toreador.

Frosteey on
    edited April 2007
    -ooooooooooooooo-

not me.

awesome game

i should've died two days ago!

Serpent on
    edited April 2007
    There is absolutely no reason for me to continue this charade. I am not the Assamite. Ardor's plan was a great success. We put me out there as a decoy vote for the Sabbat. With the Sabbat dead, there is only the Assamite to consider. And he is a Toreador.

Alive
    1. V2-Gundam - Claim:Brujah
    4. GrimmyTOA - Claim:Toreador
    14. Locus - Claim:Toreador
    28. Frosteey - Claim:Toreador
    38. BitterOldMan - Claim:Toreador
    Assume 9 Brujah, 9 Toreador, 5 Caitiff (Mainly because tofu and US proved those numbers)

Brujah (9 Accounted for)
    1. V2-Gundam - Claim:Brujah
    5. Buzz Buzz - Camarilla Brujah, killed by Assamites
    9. Saburbia - Camarilla Brujah, killed by Assamites
    20. doug_grammar, Camarilla Brujah, killed by mob
    30. Voranth, Camarilla Brujah, executed by the Prince
    24. EvilBadman, Camarilla Brujah, killed by the Assamites
    17. Kilnaga, Camarilla Brujah, killed by mob
    43. tuxkamen, Camarilla Brujah, killed by Sabbat
    6. Bliss 101, Camarilla Brujah, killed by Assamite

Toreador (10 Accounted for)
    4. GrimmyTOA - Claim:Toreador
    14. Locus - Claim:Toreador
    28. Frosteey - Claim:Toreador
    38. BitterOldMan - Claim:Toreador
    21. robothero, Camarilla Toreador, killed by Sabbat
    26. Celebrim, Camarilla Toreador, killed by Assamites
    36. DarkPrimus, Camarilla Toreador, killed by Assamites
    37. Last Son, Camarilla Toreador, killed by Kuei-Jin
    44. TehSpectre - Camarilla Toreador, killed by mob
    45. PsychoLarry1, Camarilla Toreador, killed by mob

Locus as Assamite: Assamite as a Prince would get 2 votes. Nothing can stop these votes now. So let's say Assamite Prince kills 2 Camarilla tonight. That leaves only 2 Camarilla. Of course we would suspect the Assamite Prince Execution Order and kill him via mob even though his Seneschal will have to carry out the order. But it doesn't matter - Assamite loss.

Any other as Assamite: The Assamite actually has a better chance remaining hidden among the masses (all 5 of them...). Through subterfuge and deft maneuvering of suspicion, the Assamite could potentially pick us off one at a time while we as a mob / Prince kill Camarilla (we have a really good record and I suspect the Assamite could laugh all the way to the bank.) *Note: IF I was an Assamite the absolute last place I would want to be is the Prince. The Seneschal maybe, but let's face it - if you wanna stop the vote you kill them both. Prince and Seneschal are too much of targets for their votes. FYI along the train of thought - this leaves Frosteey and Grimmy.

I'm staying with my vote on Frosteey. Matches too well. Go out in a blaze of Glory Frosteey cause your caught. For Prince if Frosteey doesn't pan, then Locus or Grimmy have to die. Vote !BitterOldMan for Prince - again cause I can only trust myself.

**Edit: In fact anyone notice that the Assamite killed 2 Toreador early, and then none? I think the realization that if he claimed Toreador but killed more would leave him without a place to hide. Sabbat tried the same thing by using the Brujah name.

BitterOldMan on
    edited April 2007
    "Rawr"

Listen, given what you have to work with, this is a commendable effort. With that said, I honestly don't feel your case is in need of much arguing from the Camarilla's perspective. I'll say only that my faith in Ardor's planning skill is too great to allow your scenario to occur.

I hope you will recall that during a not-so-distant past, the Camarilla had placed the entire hope of their survival on the innocence of our claimed Caitiff. If one of these two had been the Sabbat or the Assamite, victory was not within reach. Under this scenario, combined with your own, I believe that Ardor would have informed Tofu and UnearthlyStew of this plan, which would then be revealed on the eve of their deaths, leaving us no doubt as to the validity of the ruse.

This is simply point one among many, yet even this may be more work than necessary. If Locus, V2-Gundam, and GrimmyTOA for some reason require more assurance, I would happily oblige. In fear of needlessly exhausting my gift for fine discourse on a miscreant, however, I will leave it at this for the time being.

With all this said, I will not lower myself to beg for life on this night. If it is truly your desire to vanquish me, I have but only the intention of accepting it. I will be taking my cheesecake in the courtyard as the great snow rises from his roost. I suppose you are also invited.

I stood and fell before the mighty Athan, you are not even a ripple on the harsh seas of time.

Frosteey on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So. Quite a night. Figured out that Serpent wasn't a Fall Guy after all, and just have to root out one more canker. As I understand things right now, the primary suspects are BOM (for claiming to be the Assamite and then claiming not to be) and Frostee (for general sketchiness?). Secondary suspects are Locus and Me, based on being Toreadors.

(I accept BOM's suggestion that the Ass is most likely in the Toreadors. It makes sense, and even if BOM is the Assamite -- and therefore untrustworthy in other respects -- it's a logical conclusion.)

This means that our best suggestion for !Prince tonight is V2Gundam. I think. Is that logical, or am I being daft?

As for Frostee vs BOM, I'm not sure who to vote for yet. Frostee's entire game has been pretty suspicious, but on the other hand I'm going to feel like a total idiot if we let BOM live and the reason the Assamite wins is because he told us he wasn't the Assamite and that it was all a big joke. More thoughts (ha!) to come.

GrimmyTOA on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Remember, without a doubt we are getting two kills tonight: the mob vote and the prince kill. With four Toreadors left we have a 50% chance of winning just by blindly picking two people.

I'm going to try and wait until the last minute to voice my opinion on who should die. I know there's only five people left, but it would help a lot if you could give me reasoning for your top two suspects so we can come to a consensus on who to use our two kills on.

And also, should the need arise I !vote for V2-Gundam to be the final prince.

Locus on
    edited April 2007
    You love me, you really love me.

LOL.

Wow.

I am still suspicious of Grimmy. I mean the last minute execution vote change from BOM to Grimy makes me extremely suspicious of him, and what is up with Frostey?

V2-Gundam on
    Stand Up To the Victory!
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, my reasoning for the two of them is pretty simple.

BOM claims that he was working for Ardor and that they cooked up the plan (to 'out' BOM as some sort of bait for the Sabbat) together. Fine. That's plausible. Sort of. My issue is that there doesn't seem to be any proof of such a collusion -- and I'm a little fuzzy on why they thought it would be a useful plan anyway. Just on the off-chance that it might keep the Prince or Seneschal's execution from being Sabbat-locked one night? If there was more to BOM's claim than just claim, I'd feel a lot better about leaving him alive until tomorrow. It worries me that we might end up kicking ourselves tomorrow when he gets all 'ha ha ha kidding' and eats our brains.

For Frosteey, he's been under a cloud of suspicion for ages, and we just haven't gotten around to doing anything about it -- there's always been someone else to go for sooner. I have to admit that I made my comments based on all of the votes for him on page 124 (the current page). Looking back, it's obvious that those votes were made by a Sabbat, a dead guy, and BOM -- so they might not be entirely useful as a guide.

EDIT:
    I am still suspicious of Grimmy. I mean the last minute execution vote change from BOM to Grimy makes me extremely suspicious of him.

Yeah, that sort of confused me, too. I'm not sure what that's all about.

GrimmyTOA on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Vote Counts
    Prince
    V2-Gundam - 2
    BitterOldMan - 1

Staking
    Frosteey - 1

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited April 2007
    I !vote V2-Gundam for Prince

Since I seem to be in the best position to be a Carmilla.

I am very suspicious of Grimmy. I mean Ardor was pretty smart and his last act was to try and have Grim excecuted.

BOM: Ardor's dying words post seemd to lessen that somewhat.

Frosteey: I've got nothing specific other than a general sense of distrust.

Locus:Meh, i've got nothing really.

I !vote GrimmyTOA

Because of Ardor's last act, and the fact that I am not sure if I will be able to logon before nine.

My best case senario would be steaking Grimmy or frosteey and then excecuting the other.

V2-Gundam on
    Stand Up To the Victory!
    edited April 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    Remember, without a doubt we are getting two kills tonight: the mob vote and the prince kill. With four Toreadors left we have a 50% chance of winning just by blindly picking two people.

I'm going to try and wait until the last minute to voice my opinion on who should die. I know there's only five people left, but it would help a lot if you could give me reasoning for your top two suspects so we can come to a consensus on who to use our two kills on.

And also, should the need arise I !vote for V2-Gundam to be the final prince.

2 kills - Mob and Prince. And Prince will definitely go through.
    Kill me. Kill me and Frosteey. That should net the Camarilla victory I think.
    Besides I'm ready to do some zapping so let's wrap this up :)

BitterOldMan on
    edited April 2007

I stood and fell before the mighty Athan, you are not even a ripple on the harsh seas of time.

Nipple? I'm not even a nipple? what?!?

BitterOldMan on
    edited April 2007
    I !vote V2-Gundam for Prince

Since I seem to be in the best position to be a Carmilla.

I am very suspicious of Grimmy. I mean Ardor was pretty smart and his last act was to try and have Grim excecuted.

BOM: Ardor's dying words post seemd to lessen that somewhat.

Frosteey: I've got nothing specific other than a general sense of distrust.

Locus:Meh, i've got nothing really.

I !vote GrimmyTOA

Because of Ardor's last act, and the fact that I am not sure if I will be able to logon before nine.

My best case senario would be steaking Grimmy or frosteey and then excecuting the other.

Wait, what? What was Ardor's last act that relieved BitterOldMan from suspicion?

Listen, there's too many holes in the plan for BitterOldMan's story to actually be true. As I've said, Ardor had roads to undeniably prove that this was the case, but he didn't. Further, Ardor knows full well that his word carries more weight than anyone else's in these games, and casting suspicion on someone like he did in the way BOM suggests is something I doubt he would do.

Need more? Gladly.

The largest flaw with such a plan is that there is absolutely no way for BOM to dispel these suspicions on his own. He looks like nothing but a liar, this combined with the failure to set up outside means to provide such evidence, means the bandwagon should be unalterably steered towards him. If he indeed weren't someone we needed to kill, I highly doubt that Ardor would take a gamble on such a seemingly insignificant gain that would inevitably ultimately result in this.

I am putting my faith in Ardor that you haven't blundered in this most crucial moment. BitterOldMan, death is no more than an empty tomb, goading the weak to the the cold fires of despair.

I looked back, and apparently the stir was Tofu's change of vote from BOM to Grimmy. I... don't know what to make of it. If it actually had any merit, our network really should have expounded on it during the down time before the narration, but I suppose that's really too much to expect. However, I would allow that it would make him a fair target for the prince execution.

The only two unknowns remaining would be myself and Locus. Since none of you really have any idea whatsoever of why you have or ever will vote for me outside of vague sneaking suspicions, I'll go ahead and cross myself off.

As for Locus, I won't even bother looking into him. I really am that confident that my efforts are wasted in searching through the Toreador, and if I were to do so, I doubt I would find anything more incriminating than that against Grimmy.

Locus, if you are the Assamite, through some faint miracle, I must congratulate you on a most excellently played game, and a well-deserved victory.

Frosteey on
    edited April 2007
    Vote Counts
    Prince
    V2-Gundam - 3
    BitterOldMan - 1

Staking
    Frosteey - 1
    BitterOldMan - 1
    GrimmyTOA - 1

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png